Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Changing room 09:47 - Apr 25 with 2408 viewsbudegan

Since yesterday's game I've seen several mentions on here to there being a clique in the changing room who have been unsettling things for some time (since before Monk's "el clear out" of the Spanish players).

Ash specifically has been identified as an agent provocateur.

Is this based on any fact or substantial rumour?
Changing room on 09:57 - Apr 25 with 2343 viewsjasper_T

Monk's book.
Changing room on 10:08 - Apr 25 with 2285 viewsjack247

The players looked like they were just playing the season out yesterday and against Newcastle. I've got nothing to go on but that. They just looked like they were going through the motions which kind of indicates they either believe the manager is going, or just aren't that concerned about impressing him. Whether that means a clique in the changing room, or it's just a natural, subconscious response to securing safety after a tough season I honestly don't know.
Changing room on 10:20 - Apr 25 with 2227 viewsLoyal

The real clique was Ash, Monk etc, the very players who complained to Huw that Laudrup didn't know what he was doing when he started at the club. I not surprised the Spanish players who brought us cup glory felt threatened.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Changing room on 10:23 - Apr 25 with 2212 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Changing room on 10:08 - Apr 25 by jack247

The players looked like they were just playing the season out yesterday and against Newcastle. I've got nothing to go on but that. They just looked like they were going through the motions which kind of indicates they either believe the manager is going, or just aren't that concerned about impressing him. Whether that means a clique in the changing room, or it's just a natural, subconscious response to securing safety after a tough season I honestly don't know.

I think you're right. They don't want to play for a manager who isn't going to be there next season. They don't even have enough professional pride as a group to play for themselves, let alone the club and supporters.

We're not alone either, Stoke have had a decent season but have switched off completely since going two up against us. They conceded two to us and then four in each of their last three games. There's a lot of truth in the view that the teams you want to be playing in the run in are mid table cannon fodder like us and Stoke.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Changing room on 10:50 - Apr 25 with 2127 viewsPrivate_Partz

Changing room on 10:23 - Apr 25 by Joe_bradshaw

I think you're right. They don't want to play for a manager who isn't going to be there next season. They don't even have enough professional pride as a group to play for themselves, let alone the club and supporters.

We're not alone either, Stoke have had a decent season but have switched off completely since going two up against us. They conceded two to us and then four in each of their last three games. There's a lot of truth in the view that the teams you want to be playing in the run in are mid table cannon fodder like us and Stoke.

This I true Joe and we have also had form for doing this in the past. It is interesting that Franseco, like ML, will defend their players when faced with the press. I suspect it is a very different story behind the scenes.
It was interesting that he did not blame the defence but the team performance as a whole for the goals conceded. He also said he was happy with the performance up to the first goal. I thought he was a bit negative there as I think the second goal was our undoing. Once we started chasing the game we were ripe for being picked off as our midfield is not up to the task. The improvement here is no. 1 priority in the close season foe me, regardless of who is manager.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024