Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Non fault bump in the car 00:46 - Sep 6 with 3331 viewsRogerstone

Had a bump in the car. Not my fault and got rear ended.

Any advice/recommendations for companies who provide claim services?

"Gylfi's on fire, your defence is terrified!"

Non fault bump in the car on 00:57 - Sep 6 with 3324 viewsHighjack

Are you actually hurt or are you just on the make?

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Non fault bump in the car on 07:56 - Sep 6 with 3225 viewsStarsky

Don't worry, they'll be cold calling you 3 times a week for the next 5 years

It's just the internet, init.

Non fault bump in the car on 08:23 - Sep 6 with 3202 viewsmonmouth

Non fault bump in the car on 07:56 - Sep 6 by Starsky

Don't worry, they'll be cold calling you 3 times a week for the next 5 years

And telling you what's wrong with you, even if you insist there isn't anything.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Non fault bump in the car on 09:29 - Sep 6 with 3134 viewsthe_oracle

Have you got legal expenses on your insurance? If so use that.
Non fault bump in the car on 09:32 - Sep 6 with 3127 viewsJoe_bradshaw

There was a woman in the library last week that I would be happy to rear end.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Non fault bump in the car on 09:46 - Sep 6 with 3112 viewsdickythorpe

Try All Claims Management in Cardiff 02920 003282

They were great with me.
DON'T inform your insurance company of anything.
Non fault bump in the car on 21:26 - Sep 6 with 2924 viewsLoyal

Non fault bump in the car on 09:32 - Sep 6 by Joe_bradshaw

There was a woman in the library last week that I would be happy to rear end.

They all do it with someone.
Both genders of course.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Non fault bump in the car on 21:54 - Sep 6 with 2901 viewsJack123

Non fault bump in the car on 09:46 - Sep 6 by dickythorpe

Try All Claims Management in Cardiff 02920 003282

They were great with me.
DON'T inform your insurance company of anything.

I thought you had to inform your insurance company if you have been involved in an accident? Even if it wasn't your fault! Been rear ended twice now, the most recent, as soon as I added it to the car insurance renewal, my quote went up a 100 quid or so.. :(

Just to add, I informed the insurance, because on both occasions the car was written off.
[Post edited 6 Sep 2016 21:57]

libera nos a malo

Login to get fewer ads

Non fault bump in the car on 22:04 - Sep 6 with 2881 viewsDan_Swan

Non fault bump in the car on 21:54 - Sep 6 by Jack123

I thought you had to inform your insurance company if you have been involved in an accident? Even if it wasn't your fault! Been rear ended twice now, the most recent, as soon as I added it to the car insurance renewal, my quote went up a 100 quid or so.. :(

Just to add, I informed the insurance, because on both occasions the car was written off.
[Post edited 6 Sep 2016 21:57]

Someone went into the back of me in May, I thought the same as you but when I went to report it to them they didn't want to know.

It may vary with different insurance companies though!

Still following Dr's orders!

Non fault bump in the car on 22:19 - Sep 6 with 2843 viewsJack123

Non fault bump in the car on 22:04 - Sep 6 by Dan_Swan

Someone went into the back of me in May, I thought the same as you but when I went to report it to them they didn't want to know.

It may vary with different insurance companies though!

Strange..was there damage on your car? Witnesses?

libera nos a malo

Non fault bump in the car on 22:29 - Sep 6 with 2831 viewsDan_Swan

Non fault bump in the car on 22:19 - Sep 6 by Jack123

Strange..was there damage on your car? Witnesses?

No damage, the woman behind slipped on the clutch and basically shunted the car a little bit. I had to take the afternoon & the next day off as my neck stiffened up, but the insurance company did not want to know. It was gone in a couple of days so i'm not going to take it any further.

Still following Dr's orders!

Non fault bump in the car on 22:38 - Sep 6 with 2808 viewslatchford

My firm in Swansea deal with PI claims. If anyone wants any help with bringing a claim just let me know. My advice is steer clear of claims management companies or cold callers. Use a local solicitor.
Non fault bump in the car on 23:03 - Sep 6 with 2779 viewsJack123

Non fault bump in the car on 22:29 - Sep 6 by Dan_Swan

No damage, the woman behind slipped on the clutch and basically shunted the car a little bit. I had to take the afternoon & the next day off as my neck stiffened up, but the insurance company did not want to know. It was gone in a couple of days so i'm not going to take it any further.

Oh not too bad then, just find it strange why the insurance company would react like that, like when I have reported it.. (and at the time they didn't know the cars were going to be write offs) They seemed to kick into overdrive, offering me courtesy cars and such, within a day of quite a heavy impact.. The first accident I refused the courtesy car, but the second time I took it, because it was part of some agreement I had signed, and just wasn't in the mood to go looking through small print.. Anyway I had the car for about three and half weeks, and Iv'e seen the bill the hire company charged the third party for..2,800 quid!!

libera nos a malo

Non fault bump in the car on 07:44 - Sep 7 with 2691 viewsClinton

Someone ran in the back of my car at a junction. No damage, no injury. I didn't allow the ridiculous compensation system to make a dishonest man of me. No claim.

If you can fill the unforgiving minute. With sixty seconds' worth of distance run, Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it, And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!

Non fault bump in the car on 09:08 - Sep 7 with 2651 viewsmonmouth

Non fault bump in the car on 07:44 - Sep 7 by Clinton

Someone ran in the back of my car at a junction. No damage, no injury. I didn't allow the ridiculous compensation system to make a dishonest man of me. No claim.

"compensation" in all cases should be exactly that. Compensation for provable loss of earnings backed up by medical (or other) evidence. Not a bonus payment because someone has - the clue is in the title - accidentally made a mistake.

It makes my blood boil that we have followed that pathetic american scum model.."it's always someone's fault". In this country we seem to have enhanced it to "and never yours". It is part of what's killing the NHS. I would have everyone sign something before treatment saying that they accept the possibility of human error. Either accept the risk or don't have the treatment. If you can prove genuine negligence then that really should be a criminal matter, not a civil money grabbing one.

Non fault bump in the car on 23:09 - Sep 7 with 2560 viewsStarsky

Non fault bump in the car on 09:08 - Sep 7 by monmouth

"compensation" in all cases should be exactly that. Compensation for provable loss of earnings backed up by medical (or other) evidence. Not a bonus payment because someone has - the clue is in the title - accidentally made a mistake.

It makes my blood boil that we have followed that pathetic american scum model.."it's always someone's fault". In this country we seem to have enhanced it to "and never yours". It is part of what's killing the NHS. I would have everyone sign something before treatment saying that they accept the possibility of human error. Either accept the risk or don't have the treatment. If you can prove genuine negligence then that really should be a criminal matter, not a civil money grabbing one.

What I'd like to know Monny is who gives the details of a car accident out to call centres?
I had a small bump in a car park at 5mph. Neither side were injured and I had PPI style calls telling me I could claim for injury almost Daily for several years after.

Non fault bump in the car on 23:14 - Sep 7 with 2556 viewsmonmouth

Non fault bump in the car on 23:09 - Sep 7 by Starsky

What I'd like to know Monny is who gives the details of a car accident out to call centres?
I had a small bump in a car park at 5mph. Neither side were injured and I had PPI style calls telling me I could claim for injury almost Daily for several years after.

Insurance companies probably sell the details, if their client is not at fault and the other party is not insured with them. Once one does that, they will all do it. I thought they were making it illegal though, so I might be wrong. But it has to be doesn't it, as no one else knows? There might even be a big central database of accidents reported now so companies can check applicants claims records....who knows.

Non fault bump in the car on 23:23 - Sep 7 with 2545 viewsStarsky

Non fault bump in the car on 23:14 - Sep 7 by monmouth

Insurance companies probably sell the details, if their client is not at fault and the other party is not insured with them. Once one does that, they will all do it. I thought they were making it illegal though, so I might be wrong. But it has to be doesn't it, as no one else knows? There might even be a big central database of accidents reported now so companies can check applicants claims records....who knows.

Imagine if it is leaked by insurance companies... Which could cost them extra claims. Ironic.

Non fault bump in the car on 23:32 - Sep 7 with 2536 viewsmonmouth

Non fault bump in the car on 23:23 - Sep 7 by Starsky

Imagine if it is leaked by insurance companies... Which could cost them extra claims. Ironic.

That's what I meant. When one does it, all of them presumably have to retaliate.

Non fault bump in the car on 00:00 - Sep 8 with 2529 viewsJack123

Getting payouts from insurance companies, isn't all honey! The first time my car written off, I was hit at speed from behind, I was without a car for a few months, when I bought a new one, my lovely insurance firm upped my insurance by 200 quid a year.. also every year since the accident, I think it's 5?, it has cost me an extra 100 quid or so per year on my quote once I declare the non fault accident..I feel quite hard done by for what I received, hit at about 25 plus mph, 8 physio sessions, and from what I received for the whiplash claim, I think was about 900 quid, take away what it's cost me with extra premiums, it's just not worth the hassle.

libera nos a malo

Non fault bump in the car on 00:11 - Sep 8 with 2519 viewsDyfnant

Non fault bump in the car on 23:09 - Sep 7 by Starsky

I get the same calls and haven't been in any accident. If your on the electoral register the council sell your details on, unless you request to be added to the register that doesn't get sold on

Poll: How much will SCFC spend on transfer fees this summer

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024