Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I think we would be stupid to get rid of Guidolin 00:01 - Sep 25 with 3716 viewsskacrazy

Ok at the moment we are not getting the results we want but, as has already been discussed, who else would you bring in? He hasn't chosen the players that we have so we can't criticise the fact that he doesn't yet know his best team but I think from today's performance we can see progress. The guy impresses me every week with the amount of effort he puts into improving his English. If he's working that hard on the footballing side as well we need to give him time. His track record speaks for itself and removing him to bring in anyone else that is available at the moment would definitely see us relegated. The guy deserves our respect and support.
(No subject) (n/t) on 00:26 - Sep 25 with 2998 viewslonglostjack

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

I think we would be stupid to get rid of Guidolin on 00:26 - Sep 25 with 2996 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Can't argue with any of that. Good post

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

(No subject) (n/t) on 00:43 - Sep 25 with 2959 viewslonglostjack

I think we would be stupid to get rid of Guidolin on 00:26 - Sep 25 by Brynmill_Jack

Can't argue with any of that. Good post

I think we would be stupid to get rid of Guidolin on 00:55 - Sep 25 with 2932 viewsItchySphincter

Ciao Mrs Guidolin.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

I think we would be stupid to get rid of Guidolin on 01:05 - Sep 25 with 2916 viewsskacrazy

I think we would be stupid to get rid of Guidolin on 00:55 - Sep 25 by ItchySphincter

Ciao Mrs Guidolin.

I would expect Mrs Guidolin to be encouraging her husband to retire and forget the ungrateful fans of Swansea City.
I think we would be stupid to get rid of Guidolin on 01:12 - Sep 25 with 2901 viewslonglostjack

Fed up now. Third time lucky. Basically how could anybody seriously think that a Ryan Giggs would get more out of the current team than Guidolin? .

I think we would be stupid to get rid of Guidolin on 01:12 - Sep 25 with 2899 viewswestside

Guidolin In
I think we would be stupid to get rid of Guidolin on 01:19 - Sep 25 with 2883 viewsskacrazy

I think we would be stupid to get rid of Guidolin on 01:12 - Sep 25 by longlostjack

Fed up now. Third time lucky. Basically how could anybody seriously think that a Ryan Giggs would get more out of the current team than Guidolin? .

Exactly. You would have to believe our chairman was an idiot. C'mon guys, stop being idiots. I have to admit I am disappointed about selling out but at this moment in time I am hoping the guys have genuinely done what they thought was in the best interest of Swansea City.
Login to get fewer ads

I think we would be stupid to get rid of Guidolin on 01:38 - Sep 25 with 2848 viewsskacrazy

I think we would be stupid to get rid of Guidolin on 01:19 - Sep 25 by skacrazy

Exactly. You would have to believe our chairman was an idiot. C'mon guys, stop being idiots. I have to admit I am disappointed about selling out but at this moment in time I am hoping the guys have genuinely done what they thought was in the best interest of Swansea City.

I used to think being a journalist was a good career. The guys are a joke.
I think we would be stupid to get rid of Guidolin on 06:14 - Sep 25 with 2758 viewsgiantstoneater

When is HJ going to back his man and dispel all the Giggs/Zola rumours or would we all view the "Vote of confidence" with dread!
I think we would be stupid to get rid of Guidolin on 07:13 - Sep 25 with 2717 viewsDr_Winston

I think we would be stupid to get rid of Guidolin on 01:19 - Sep 25 by skacrazy

Jenkins isn't an idiot, but he's done an awful lot of stupid things over the last 2/3 years.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

I think we would be stupid to get rid of Guidolin on 07:19 - Sep 25 with 2705 viewsQuincy999

How long should he be expected to take before he knows his best team? He's coming up to 8 months in charge now.
Is his english getting any better?
I am convinced alot of fans on here that go on about his proven record in italy haven't actually bothered to look it up. His record in italy seems to me to be bang average at best, somone who has spent the vast majority either in serie B or struggling in Serie A. Like cross between pulis, alladyce and warnock
I think we would be stupid to get rid of Guidolin on 07:45 - Sep 25 with 2679 viewsmonmouth

Fact is, we don't know what the score is behind the scenes. There's just rumour and speculation, but the club is doing nothing to kill it, so it's hard not to conclude all is not well.

We can only judge from on the pitch and after yesterday he deserves more time for me. I said the same about Monk after the Totty game last year mind, and it went spectacularly tits up, so may as well just wait to see what Jenkins/Yanks decide. I just wish they'd do whatever it is with a bit more class.
[Post edited 25 Sep 2016 7:45]

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

I think we would be stupid to get rid of Guidolin on 08:22 - Sep 25 with 2609 viewsSwansNZ

Looking at our fixture list, the first 2 months were always going to be very hard. Agreed that often our play has been negative, but at least we have shown some more desire in the last 2 home games. No way should we be thinking about replacing him at this stage.

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

I think we would be stupid to get rid of Guidolin on 08:36 - Sep 25 with 2554 viewsWarwickHunt

I think we would be stupid to get rid of Guidolin on 07:13 - Sep 25 by Dr_Winston

Jenkins isn't an idiot, but he's done an awful lot of stupid things over the last 2/3 years.

He doesn't appear to be learning from his mistakes either...
I think we would be stupid to get rid of Guidolin on 08:37 - Sep 25 with 2554 viewsScotia

Yesterday was much better. I didn't want him appointed, but if we continue playing like that then we'll be fine this season and really that's all that matters. We could take our time over finding a replacement. One more Leicester / Southampton / Hull quality performance over the next few weeks and I think he'll be gone.
I think we would be stupid to get rid of Guidolin on 09:12 - Sep 25 with 2446 viewsWhiterockin

I think we would be stupid to get rid of Guidolin on 07:19 - Sep 25 by Quincy999

How long should he be expected to take before he knows his best team? He's coming up to 8 months in charge now.
I am convinced alot of fans on here that go on about his proven record in italy haven't actually bothered to look it up. His record in italy seems to me to be bang average at best, somone who has spent the vast majority either in serie B or struggling in Serie A. Like cross between pulis, alladyce and warnock

I don't think anyone could say our best team at the moment because so many are performing below their capabilities. We also have Llorente who has been totally isolated and a record signing who is slowly reaching fitness. Everyone on here has their favorites and feels that they should start, but that does not mean that they will fit in for a team plan for a specific match.
I think we would be stupid to get rid of Guidolin on 09:30 - Sep 25 with 2392 viewsDewi1jack

I think we would be stupid to get rid of Guidolin on 08:36 - Sep 25 by WarwickHunt

He doesn't appear to be learning from his mistakes either...

And the last few transfer windows prove that.
He may not be actually telling the club what players come in (can't believe managers would pick/ actually want the likes of N'Gog), but he's signed off on them. As our sneaky, snidey other sell out b'stards did as well
He's signed off on the "jobs for the boys" culture.
Or are our scouting department really that poor to pick players like N'gog, Eder etc?
Ex board and Jenkins signed off on them too.

We've all known for the past few windows Leon, Angel and a few others have needed replacing sooner rather than later, yet we're still fully relying on them.
It isn't because that some of them are not still capable of doing a good job - they are but because they're getting older and slower.
Leon plays in a position where he doesn't have to rely on speed But we need someone when Ickle Leon is injured/ suspended/ being rested.

Personally I'm all for Guido carrying on.
And if he is getting the Spanish Archer, then I hope the Merrycans have the bollox to ignore Jenkins and go for someone who will stand up for themselves and the team.
Such as Klinsmann/ Bielsa/ Di Matteo etc
Not the likes of Zola, Neville etc
I do also think that any of us could do as good a job as Giggs and his cronies.

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

I think we would be stupid to get rid of Guidolin on 11:17 - Sep 25 with 2267 viewsA_Fans_Dad

I think we would be stupid to get rid of Guidolin on 07:19 - Sep 25 by Quincy999

Except he hasn't got the same team he had 8 months ago has he?
I think we would be stupid to get rid of Guidolin on 11:26 - Sep 25 with 2247 viewsBrynmill_Jack

I think we would be stupid to get rid of Guidolin on 11:17 - Sep 25 by A_Fans_Dad

Except he hasn't got the same team he had 8 months ago has he?

That's right. He's lost Ayew (and therefore 15 goals a season) and his captain.

I think we would be stupid to get rid of Guidolin on 11:30 - Sep 25 with 2233 viewsexiledclaseboy

“I believe the additions we’ve made over the summer will strengthen the squad,”
“I am happy with the squad I have available, with two players competing for every position. There is plenty of quality there and the club has done well to allow me to do my job in the right way.

Poll: Tory leader

I think we would be stupid to get rid of Guidolin on 11:34 - Sep 25 with 2228 viewsWarwickHunt

I think we would be stupid to get rid of Guidolin on 11:30 - Sep 25 by exiledclaseboy

“I am happy with the squad I have available, with two players competing for every position. There is plenty of quality there and the club has done well to allow me to do my job in the right way.

Mandy Rice-Davies was unavailable for comment.
I think we would be stupid to get rid of Guidolin on 11:48 - Sep 25 with 2186 viewsBrynmill_Jack

I think we would be stupid to get rid of Guidolin on 11:30 - Sep 25 by exiledclaseboy

Jenkins - " right, we're going to sell Williams and Ayew, we're not buying Allen or any defensive midfielder nor any decent full backs either. Like it or f*cking lump it. Now if you want to keep your lousy job you'd better say you're happy with what you've got to make me look f*cking great again, comprenday?????"

FG - "yes Mr Huw straight away sir"..........................

I think we would be stupid to get rid of Guidolin on 12:03 - Sep 25 with 2163 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Yes, he really struggled in Serie A, with just 3 top 5 finishes for his side while making them 119M profit with a small side.
Why don't you go and re-read his history.
I think we would be stupid to get rid of Guidolin on 12:20 - Sep 25 with 2122 viewsQuincy999

I think we would be stupid to get rid of Guidolin on 12:03 - Sep 25 by A_Fans_Dad

Yes, he really struggled in Serie A, with just 3 top 5 finishes for his side while making them 119M profit with a small side.
Why don't you go and re-read his history.

What he do in his other 27 years of management?
He does not choose the players, as we know, but had the good fortune of players like Alexis Sanchez et al, during those 3 years.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024