Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Claude Puel 22:26 - Jun 14 with 3709 viewsOldjack

sacked?

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Claude Puel on 22:29 - Jun 14 with 3696 viewsepaul

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/40051080

Claude Puel: Manager leaves Southampton after one season

19 minutes ago From the section Football
Share this page
Claude Puel
Puel presided over 19 wins, 10 draws and 18 defeats during his season at Southampton
Southampton have sacked manager Claude Puel after less than a year in charge.

The 55-year-old Frenchman, who spent four years as manager of Nice, was appointed Saints boss in June 2016 after the departure of Ronald Koeman.

Saints finished sixth under Koeman in 2015-16 but suffered 16 Premier League defeats with Puel and were eighth last term.

In February they reached their first major final since 2003 but were beaten in the League Cup by Manchester United.

"Everyone at Southampton would like to express our thanks to Claude for his hard work and commitment this year," a statement from the club said.

"The highlight of the season was a memorable day at Wembley in the EFL Cup final, a day our fans will always treasure.

"We wish Claude well for the future.

"The search for a new management team is under way. We are confident that we will find the right fit in line with the long-term vision of the club."

More to follow.

The hair and the beard have gone I am now conforming to society, tis a sad day The b*stards are coming back though

Claude Puel on 22:34 - Jun 14 with 3667 viewsDr_Winston

Southampton sack their manager for converting a previously entertaining side into tedious football merchants despite finishing eighth.

There's a lesson there somewhere.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Claude Puel on 22:51 - Jun 14 with 3586 viewsLandore_Jack

Claude Puel on 22:34 - Jun 14 by Dr_Winston

Southampton sack their manager for converting a previously entertaining side into tedious football merchants despite finishing eighth.

They finished 8th and got to a League Cup final.

#backtojack

Claude Puel on 23:11 - Jun 14 with 3540 viewsVetchfieldpasty

Getting hit with the ball vrs Man City was surely his highlight not the cup final??
Claude Puel on 02:15 - Jun 15 with 3384 viewsairedale

Let's hope Clem's not tempted.
Claude Puel on 05:41 - Jun 15 with 3333 viewsicecoldjack

Hoping they appoint somebody of Bob Bradley proportions, about time they picked a duffer as manager, nothing against Southampton as such but the more teams struggling the better for us.

They have done a great job since coming back into the prem league, came from benind us,over took us and left us in the distance within just a few seasons .

Time for them to take a few knocks on the manager front me thinks !!
Claude Puel on 08:38 - Jun 15 with 3150 viewsPegojack

Claude Puel on 05:41 - Jun 15 by icecoldjack

Hoping they appoint somebody of Bob Bradley proportions, about time they picked a duffer as manager, nothing against Southampton as such but the more teams struggling the better for us.

They have done a great job since coming back into the prem league, came from benind us,over took us and left us in the distance within just a few seasons .

Time for them to take a few knocks on the manager front me thinks !!

Absolutely.

I understand Sven Goran Erickson has just unexpectedly become available after parting company with his Chinese second division side.
Claude Puel on 09:58 - Jun 15 with 3060 viewsdickythorpe

Is the PL proving too hard to handle for some?
A lot of media pressure, possibly "made up" pressure.
Look at us! BBC and ITV Taff only got interested in April, then once we beat Stoke the "interest" dropped like a stone.
Login to get fewer ads

Claude Puel on 10:22 - Jun 15 with 2997 viewsLeonWasGod

Claude Puel on 22:51 - Jun 14 by Landore_Jack

They finished 8th and got to a League Cup final.

Very true. They've obviously got standards with regard to the quality of football on show as well as its effectiveness. Brave decision.
Claude Puel on 10:25 - Jun 15 with 2984 viewsDr_Winston

Claude Puel on 10:22 - Jun 15 by LeonWasGod

Very true. They've obviously got standards with regard to the quality of football on show as well as its effectiveness. Brave decision.

A better run club than us in every respect at present*

*I reserve the right to withdraw this statement if they appoint a manager as bad as Bradley within the next three years.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Claude Puel on 10:28 - Jun 15 with 2975 viewsLeonWasGod

Claude Puel on 10:25 - Jun 15 by Dr_Winston

A better run club than us in every respect at present*

*I reserve the right to withdraw this statement if they appoint a manager as bad as Bradley within the next three years.

Seem to be. And I bet they wouldn't dream of having Take That in their ground.
Claude Puel on 10:54 - Jun 15 with 2949 views34dfgdf54

Claude Puel on 22:34 - Jun 14 by Dr_Winston

Correct..

Monk's reign set us years back despite the 8th finish that season.
Claude Puel on 12:48 - Jun 15 with 2811 viewsBanosswan

Marco Silva could be a shout.

Ever since my son was... never conceived, because I've never had consensual sex without money involved... I've always kind of looked at you as... a thing, that I could live next to... in accordance with state laws.
Poll: How do you like your steak?

Claude Puel on 13:24 - Jun 15 with 2754 viewsshandyjack

Claude Puel on 12:48 - Jun 15 by Banosswan

I doubt he'll leave Watford so soon

Poll: Expectation for the season

Claude Puel on 13:57 - Jun 15 with 2704 viewsmonmouth

Claude Puel on 12:48 - Jun 15 by Banosswan

They are targeting much better managers than that according to the press. Well run club with money to back it, not least from getting proper prices for their sales and a good academy and talent spotting regime. They have been us writ large, but done properly and not done over by a business failure and vendy noddy boy.

Still have a sneaking suspicion they have a bad season round the corner. Eighth this season was largely bollocks as only 6 points from 17th. They were 17 points worse off than last season.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Claude Puel on 14:03 - Jun 15 with 2691 viewsBanosswan

Claude Puel on 13:24 - Jun 15 by shandyjack

I doubt he'll leave Watford so soon

Oops

Ever since my son was... never conceived, because I've never had consensual sex without money involved... I've always kind of looked at you as... a thing, that I could live next to... in accordance with state laws.
Poll: How do you like your steak?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024