Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Anyone else?? Missing a trick 12:05 - Jul 10 with 2593 viewsRichythejack

Just a little concerned by our transfer policy and why the hell we are not looking to bleed in some of our youth. The Under 23's had a fantastic season with McBurnie the shining light but yet there is no hint of him or any of that players in this squad making the first team.

Signing Tammy I feel is a massive kick in the teeth if we are still looking to bring in Strikers. I would love to see McBurnie get his chance and honestly think he could be the next big thing. I also think the likes of Tyler Reid should be considered to replace Naughton at RB.

Just a real shame that we are investing money into our academy but not bringing the players into the first team. Anyone else have a view on this?

Poll: Should Darran be banned from the forums?

Anyone else?? Missing a trick on 12:18 - Jul 10 with 2548 viewsNeath_Jack

They're obviously deemed not good enough at this moment in time, maybe they will never be deemed good enough. It would be fantastic if we had a conveyor belt of young talent coming through every year, but not many clubs can boast having that luxury.

That's why our coaches are in the position that they are, to make these calls.

Out of interest, how often do you watch the U23's? I'm obviously not including youtube highlights of the games.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Anyone else?? Missing a trick on 12:20 - Jul 10 with 2529 viewsairedale

Be interesting to see, in his first full season, whether Clem uses any of the kids.
Anyone else?? Missing a trick on 12:27 - Jul 10 with 2495 viewsDarran

McBurnies nowhere near being ready and only an idiot could think he is.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Anyone else?? Missing a trick on 12:27 - Jul 10 with 2495 viewspencoedjack

Anyone else?? Missing a trick on 12:20 - Jul 10 by airedale

Be interesting to see, in his first full season, whether Clem uses any of the kids.

In fairness he had no opportunity last season every game seemed like a must win

I hope Oli goes out on loan to a championship side although I have to be honest I have never seen an under 23 game
Anyone else?? Missing a trick on 12:29 - Jul 10 with 2470 viewssomersetsimon

Anyone else?? Missing a trick on 12:20 - Jul 10 by airedale

I thought Daniel James was meant to be the best of our youngsters, but he's been loaned out to Shrewsbury Town to play in League One, so obviously no one thinks he's good enough yet.
Anyone else?? Missing a trick on 13:21 - Jul 10 with 2262 viewsairedale

Anyone else?? Missing a trick on 12:29 - Jul 10 by somersetsimon

I thought Daniel James was meant to be the best of our youngsters, but he's been loaned out to Shrewsbury Town to play in League One, so obviously no one thinks he's good enough yet.

Makes you wonder though, how they know that Tammy Abraham is ready. Another thing, how awesome is it that people like Wayne Rooney are doing it when they are 17!
Anyone else?? Missing a trick on 13:27 - Jul 10 with 2204 viewsAl_Bundy

Some people seem to forget what actual league we are playing .
Anyone else?? Missing a trick on 13:30 - Jul 10 with 2178 viewsgazza_1234

Highest Level Mcburnie has played is L2. Needs this loan at Barnsley to prove himself, just like TA did at Bristol City before his move here.

As for Dan he's never played a minute of League footy yet people are clamoring for him in the 1st team. Needs to do the hard yards first.
Login to get fewer ads

Anyone else?? Missing a trick on 13:44 - Jul 10 with 2113 viewsraynor94

Anyone else?? Missing a trick on 13:21 - Jul 10 by airedale

Makes you wonder though, how they know that Tammy Abraham is ready. Another thing, how awesome is it that people like Wayne Rooney are doing it when they are 17!

23 goals from 41 appearances at Bristol City says he's well worth the gamble

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Anyone else?? Missing a trick on 13:52 - Jul 10 with 2072 viewsRichythejack

Anyone else?? Missing a trick on 12:18 - Jul 10 by Neath_Jack

They're obviously deemed not good enough at this moment in time, maybe they will never be deemed good enough. It would be fantastic if we had a conveyor belt of young talent coming through every year, but not many clubs can boast having that luxury.

That's why our coaches are in the position that they are, to make these calls.

Out of interest, how often do you watch the U23's? I'm obviously not including youtube highlights of the games.

Not as often as I would like but living an hour away from Swansea and watching the first team its hard to fit it all in.
I watched around 8 games last season and I agree with some of the comments but I think the main thing I seen was the way the team played together.
Reminded me of the old Swansea way where we didn't have the best talent at our disposable but everyone played for one another and put the graft in. I just think maybe a few of these kids could have a positive influence on our first team, Even a sense of responsibility for the senior players to show them what it takes.

George Byers and Botti Biabi stood out for me especially with Biabi being on our books for some years now. Even if we just gave them some early cup games

Poll: Should Darran be banned from the forums?

Anyone else?? Missing a trick on 13:54 - Jul 10 with 2051 viewsLoyal

Anyone else?? Missing a trick on 13:44 - Jul 10 by raynor94

23 goals from 41 appearances at Bristol City says he's well worth the gamble

If Mcburnnie did that on loan this season everyone would be saying he is up for a premier league start.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Anyone else?? Missing a trick on 13:59 - Jul 10 with 2023 viewsraynor94

Anyone else?? Missing a trick on 13:54 - Jul 10 by Loyal

If Mcburnnie did that on loan this season everyone would be saying he is up for a premier league start.

And quite rightly then he'd deserve it

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Anyone else?? Missing a trick on 14:11 - Jul 10 with 1967 viewsgazza_1234

Anyone else?? Missing a trick on 13:54 - Jul 10 by Loyal

If he does something similar this season he will deserve a shot at the big time next season.
Anyone else?? Missing a trick on 14:38 - Jul 10 with 1896 viewsjasper_T

Anyone else?? Missing a trick on 13:21 - Jul 10 by airedale

But then he was playing like a 40 year old at 30. Swings and roundabouts.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024