Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I Commend Paul Clement, Claude Makelele and Co. 09:38 - Aug 13 with 1354 viewsSwans_16

Watching that game yesterday i thought the defensive shape was well decent, in an underwhelming afternoon.

I commend the back room staff on their work with this squad, imagine if we played like that under the FG or BB reigns, it could have easily been 3 or 4-0 on another day.

The game was a cry to the board for investment. That starting XI was weaker than the XI we finished last season with, with Gylfi and Llorente absent. Something i'd never thought i'd be saying was that we'd go into the first game with a diminished starting XI on last season. Also that bench is possibly one of the weakest benches i've ever seen in the PL, another cry for help.

PC seems to be getting increasingly p*ssed off about this Gylfi situation now, and after seeing that awful team performance primarily from a lack of quality which should have been brought in weeks ago with GS leaving, the board will probably now concede to Everton's offer of £45 million. Take it and run because this squad needs investment and quick.

We absolutely mugged Southampton to get a point there yesterday afternoon. Properly had their pants down.
I Commend Paul Clement, Claude Makelele and Co. on 09:46 - Aug 13 with 1319 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Everyone talks about not having Sigi and Llorente, but we also do not have Jack Cork, most fans thought he wasn't good enough and glad to see him go, but he always put in a shift and he is just another player not available, hence the reliance on the ex U23 players.
I Commend Paul Clement, Claude Makelele and Co. on 09:49 - Aug 13 with 1305 viewsCooperman

I agree with all of the OP.

We categorically would have lost that 8 months ago.
And if ever there was a case for fresh blood in the creative areas then that was it. That surely has to quicken the departure of Gylfi.

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

I Commend Paul Clement, Claude Makelele and Co. on 09:50 - Aug 13 with 1304 viewsdobjack2

A 4 man midfield with 3 players who should not be starting was always going to get creamed, resulting in them coming onto our defence and our forwards becoming isolated.

I can see why we enquired about Joe - pity we fecked that up last season and didn't bring in a similar player as Fer is not a starter. Similarly routledge should be a squad player and Leon should be a squad player. No disrespect to Leon but the premier league is unforgiving.

We ending up bypassing the midfield by playing for set pieces last year and just got away with it.

If the midfield does not get reinforcements soon it will be another very long season.
I Commend Paul Clement, Claude Makelele and Co. on 10:07 - Aug 13 with 1252 viewsYossarian

Joe isn't coming back- allies doing is rubbing salt into the wound. Everyone know Jenkins fecked up massively over that and in my book he'll never be forgiven. To say that we offered £20m when Jenkins only offered £8m last year and dithered during the Euros, and wouldn't match Stoke's £13m shows exactly why he is no longer fit for purpose.

"Yossarian- the very sight of the name made him shudder.There were so many esses in it. It just had to be subversive" (Catch 22)

I Commend Paul Clement, Claude Makelele and Co. on 10:36 - Aug 13 with 1120 viewsWarwickHunt

I Commend Paul Clement, Claude Makelele and Co. on 10:07 - Aug 13 by Yossarian

Joe isn't coming back- allies doing is rubbing salt into the wound. Everyone know Jenkins fecked up massively over that and in my book he'll never be forgiven. To say that we offered £20m when Jenkins only offered £8m last year and dithered during the Euros, and wouldn't match Stoke's £13m shows exactly why he is no longer fit for purpose.

He never was. Not as a DoF anyway.
I Commend Paul Clement, Claude Makelele and Co. on 10:37 - Aug 13 with 1114 viewsMeraki

I Commend Paul Clement, Claude Makelele and Co. on 09:49 - Aug 13 by Cooperman

I agree with all of the OP.

We categorically would have lost that 8 months ago.
And if ever there was a case for fresh blood in the creative areas then that was it. That surely has to quicken the departure of Gylfi.

It was more down to Southampton not taking their chances and luck that we didn't lose that.
I Commend Paul Clement, Claude Makelele and Co. on 10:47 - Aug 13 with 1071 viewsPrivate_Partz

I was about to give you an up arrow and say I agree 100% until I saw that you had lumped Frankie in with Mr Blobby.
That for me is complete nonsense and I am sure the result would have been very similar had he been in charge working with the bare bones that Clem currently has to.
Clem and Co are working wonders however with the mess our dithering DOF and Board have left them and the players in. Hence I refuse to get on the player's back as this cock up is not of their making.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

I Commend Paul Clement, Claude Makelele and Co. on 11:01 - Aug 13 with 1015 viewscontroversial_jack

We got lucky!
Login to get fewer ads

I Commend Paul Clement, Claude Makelele and Co. on 11:39 - Aug 13 with 933 viewsLoyal

I Commend Paul Clement, Claude Makelele and Co. on 09:46 - Aug 13 by A_Fans_Dad

Everyone talks about not having Sigi and Llorente, but we also do not have Jack Cork, most fans thought he wasn't good enough and glad to see him go, but he always put in a shift and he is just another player not available, hence the reliance on the ex U23 players.

Does Ki count ?

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

I Commend Paul Clement, Claude Makelele and Co. on 11:46 - Aug 13 with 900 viewsPrivate_Partz

I Commend Paul Clement, Claude Makelele and Co. on 09:46 - Aug 13 by A_Fans_Dad

I thought we should not have let him go, and particularly to a rival. Just one of his assists at Chelsea was better than most of our midfield achieved at Southampton. He might not have swung the game but would have offered us more experience from the bench.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

I Commend Paul Clement, Claude Makelele and Co. on 12:31 - Aug 13 with 805 viewsEasternJack

I Commend Paul Clement, Claude Makelele and Co. on 11:39 - Aug 13 by Loyal

Does Ki count ?

Rarely

Poll: Hull vs Middlesborough - What do we want?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024