Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Shambles on and off the field 10:15 - Sep 11 with 11988 viewsBillyChong

Saw loads get turned away at the turnstile yesterday and told to go to the ticket office to get entrance sorted. Total shambles. Heads should roll for that, not acceptable at this level (the 'next level'?). I suppose it was progress on the scanners being totally redundant at the last home game.

Total lack of creativity on the field. Far too negative midfield play. Simple passes going astray. Basics. Clement moving Fer back and pushing Sanches up was a mistake. Bring back Leon.
Shambles on and off the field on 14:25 - Sep 12 with 11569 viewswobbly

The local rag has a story on this

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/local-news/hundreds-swansea-city-fans-missed-1

I presume this means Dimwit was in charge of this one, as the club response can be summarised as nothing to do with us guv, it was someone else's fault.
Shambles on and off the field on 14:41 - Sep 12 with 11538 viewsshandyjack

"In total there were 125 people who had issues with their season cards. The majority of these were due to faded barcodes which were impossible to read. Also, a number of people were using their old cards when they had previously requested new ones. Some of the old cards had been used to gain entry to the stadium earlier that afternoon before the new ones were presented at the turnstiles.

"The report identified just seven cards that had software issues related back to the ticketing system itself.

so it was those pescky fans that were the issue

Poll: Expectation for the season

Shambles on and off the field on 14:46 - Sep 12 with 11522 viewsMeraki

Shambles on and off the field on 14:41 - Sep 12 by shandyjack

"In total there were 125 people who had issues with their season cards. The majority of these were due to faded barcodes which were impossible to read. Also, a number of people were using their old cards when they had previously requested new ones. Some of the old cards had been used to gain entry to the stadium earlier that afternoon before the new ones were presented at the turnstiles.

"The report identified just seven cards that had software issues related back to the ticketing system itself.

so it was those pescky fans that were the issue

If they can see the barcode is faded why not just let them in?
Shambles on and off the field on 14:48 - Sep 12 with 11518 viewspencoedjack

There should be a fence built around the outside perimeter of the ground where you scan in & are able to buy over priced beer / food & still go outside to avoid congestion in the bar areas. (As they have done for the East at half time). The scanning at the turnstiles has made little or no difference to ease the entering of the ground.

I believe the scanners was Leigh Dineens brainwave.
Shambles on and off the field on 14:48 - Sep 12 with 11517 viewswhoflungdung

Meraki makes a good point.

Frankly, I get the impression fans are held in some contempt especially by stewards .

Also why Away fans allowed to stand the whole game

Poll: Is it Spa or spa

Shambles on and off the field on 20:25 - Sep 12 with 11230 viewsJackfath

I did say on the other thread about this that the same problems happened at the start of last season too.

Clearly, lessons have not be learned.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Shambles on and off the field on 21:00 - Sep 12 with 11187 viewsPhil_S

Shambles on and off the field on 14:46 - Sep 12 by Meraki

If they can see the barcode is faded why not just let them in?

Simple answer to that is you cant (irrespective of them doing it at the Man Utd game)

A faded barcode does not mean it is a valid barcode.

Clearly though a far from ideal situation
Shambles on and off the field on 21:08 - Sep 12 with 11168 viewsNeathJack

Shambles on and off the field on 21:00 - Sep 12 by Phil_S

Simple answer to that is you cant (irrespective of them doing it at the Man Utd game)

A faded barcode does not mean it is a valid barcode.

Clearly though a far from ideal situation

They should send all ST holders a new card every season, much like they used to at the start in the stadium when they accompanied the ST books.
Login to get fewer ads

Shambles on and off the field on 21:21 - Sep 12 with 11127 viewsPhil_S

Shambles on and off the field on 21:08 - Sep 12 by NeathJack

They should send all ST holders a new card every season, much like they used to at the start in the stadium when they accompanied the ST books.

Im not sure I can disagree

Or a better card where the barcode fades so easily - had a look at mine yesterday and thought its not got long left in its life - think its my second one (may be third)
Shambles on and off the field on 02:37 - Sep 13 with 10952 viewsswans11

it's the club penny pinching again not sending out new cards every year trying save money. so they are saying just 7 of the 125 was system fault rest blaming others. Unfortunately it's necessary for all cards to be scanned to prevent people ripping the club off. I hope they have taken note of those who was trying to get in on cards twice
Shambles on and off the field on 09:31 - Sep 13 with 10799 viewsjohnlangy

Shambles on and off the field on 14:48 - Sep 12 by pencoedjack

There should be a fence built around the outside perimeter of the ground where you scan in & are able to buy over priced beer / food & still go outside to avoid congestion in the bar areas. (As they have done for the East at half time). The scanning at the turnstiles has made little or no difference to ease the entering of the ground.

I believe the scanners was Leigh Dineens brainwave.

Meraki referred to the bar code fading.

The guy in front of me was complaining that he had lots of problems. The Club had replaced his card four times. When he got his card out he took it from a card wallet thingy where it was up against a load of other cards and the code was almost obliterated again. I got mine out of the little wallet that the Club gave us way back when and the code is perfect.

So why do people continue to rub the card (code) up against other cards when it gets damaged and causes problems, problems which they cause but the Club gets blamed for.
Shambles on and off the field on 09:39 - Sep 13 with 10781 viewsEasternJack

Who has got the printing contracts for these cards?

Poll: Hull vs Middlesborough - What do we want?

Shambles on and off the field on 15:21 - Sep 13 with 10644 viewsJackSkellington

Shambles on and off the field on 09:39 - Sep 13 by EasternJack

Who has got the printing contracts for these cards?

Barcodes causing us problems off the field while we were losing to Newcastle on it.

How ironic.
[Post edited 13 Sep 2017 15:22]
Shambles on and off the field on 19:11 - Sep 13 with 10536 viewsplasjack

Shambles on and off the field on 09:31 - Sep 13 by johnlangy

The guy in front of me was complaining that he had lots of problems. The Club had replaced his card four times. When he got his card out he took it from a card wallet thingy where it was up against a load of other cards and the code was almost obliterated again. I got mine out of the little wallet that the Club gave us way back when and the code is perfect.

So why do people continue to rub the card (code) up against other cards when it gets damaged and causes problems, problems which they cause but the Club gets blamed for.

Face recognition is being considered as an alternative to barcode.
Shambles on and off the field on 19:17 - Sep 13 with 10522 viewsjack247

Because making people bring the little wallet that originally came with the card defeats the point of having credit card sized season tickets. They are supposed to be convenient.

As others have said, the logical solution is to send new cards out every season, or print the barcode with something that doesn't rub off easily.
Shambles on and off the field on 19:22 - Sep 13 with 10510 viewsJackfath

Alternatively, why do all the other cards that Gent uses work and the one that doesn't is the one from the club?

Answer; it's not fit for purpose. It happens ever single season and will continue to do so until somebody does something about it. Same as the PA system. Same as the queues at the turnstiles.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.

Shambles on and off the field on 19:23 - Sep 13 with 10507 viewsNeathJack

They could also supply laminated cards so the barcode is not able to rub off/wear.
Shambles on and off the field on 19:25 - Sep 13 with 10504 viewsJackfath

Shambles on and off the field on 19:23 - Sep 13 by NeathJack

They could also supply laminated cards so the barcode is not able to rub off/wear.

The special scanners wouldn't read them then.

Shambles on and off the field on 19:28 - Sep 13 with 10501 viewsNeathJack

Shambles on and off the field on 19:25 - Sep 13 by Jackfath

The special scanners wouldn't read them then.

They should buy really special scanners then.
Shambles on and off the field on 19:42 - Sep 13 with 10485 viewsplasjack

Shambles on and off the field on 19:28 - Sep 13 by NeathJack

They should buy really special scanners then.

When we get relegated, we will get £5 tickets, so no need for season tickets.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024