Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
New Year's eve 17:16 - Dec 31 with 2136 viewsMrSwerve

Is it just me that absolutely hates today and dreads the whole Big Ben countdown? I normally watch it because of partners/family etc...it just feels absolutely depressing to me.

I try and have a few drinks in the evening to numb myself to it (bah it's still Christmas after all!).

I think I used to enjoy it more when I was younger and went out to a pub/Wind St for it. Don't think it's that popular anymore in general though.

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

New Year's eve on 17:17 - Dec 31 with 1435 viewsJackfath

People forcing others to have a good time.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

New Year's eve on 17:29 - Dec 31 with 1403 viewsCooperman

I'm already showered and changed into my lounge pants

The kids are doing the same right now and my good lady is powdering her nose. We will then settle down with a nice home cooked meal, a few drinks, a board game or two and let time amble by as we move towards midnight. Not far off the perfect winters evening in this respect.

We have zero interest in going out particularly if that means getting fleeced to get in somewhere.

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

New Year's eve on 17:30 - Dec 31 with 1399 viewsleighton1318

Depends what you’re doing, who you are with?

If you’re forced into a ‘celebration’ with, shall we say, company who wouldn’t have been your first choice, then yes it can be a bit crap. Or worse.

On the upside - quiet nights can end up good ones. I remember (years ago) going down the Vivs for a few quiet pints and it ended up a great evening.

We are often skiing for new year (not this year, sadly). You don’t have to be in a street party, or anything with a hint of forced bonhomie, to really enjoy the evening there, indeed it starts to wind down from about 1 pm. In Slovakia the lifties would give you a swig from their bottle as you went up again.

I think NY is better than Christmas Day, in terms of fewer obligations to others, and hence being able to do what you want when you want to, but as i say it depends on who you are with etc.
New Year's eve on 17:39 - Dec 31 with 1384 viewslifelong

Be glad to see the back of 2019...been a crap year.
New Year's eve on 17:45 - Dec 31 with 1363 viewsFlashberryjack

New Year's eve on 17:39 - Dec 31 by lifelong

For me as well, absolutely f*cking awful year.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

New Year's eve on 17:47 - Dec 31 with 1359 viewsexiledclaseboy

I seem to have been saying that every year for a few years now. Anyway, we’ll spend tonight with a limited number of close family members and hope 2020 brings good things for us and everyone else.

Whatever you’re all doing or not doing, enjoy. For tomorrow the world will keep spinning and the good things and bad things that are there today will still be there.

Poll: Tory leader

New Year's eve on 17:48 - Dec 31 with 1354 viewsbuilthjack

We are out for a meal at 7. Get the drinks flowing, then bopping.
Haven't been out for a few years on NYE.
Can be a sad time.
I wish you all a happy and prosperous New Year and hope those Yanks are run out of town.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

New Year's eve on 17:50 - Dec 31 with 1349 viewsjack2jack

Will be popping out to see a friend early doors, swift drink, shake hands, and hopefully be home by 9.
Never have liked the New Year vibe, power to those who do, but not for me.
In some quarters it all seems so false.
Anyhoo, whatever your up to this evening have a good one and Happy New year all YJB's.👍🎉🎊
Login to get fewer ads

New Year's eve on 17:56 - Dec 31 with 1330 viewsSwanjaxs

It's just a night off from work for me, no more.

Not being a kill joy, just the way it is for me and always has been.

That aside I hope every one of you Jack Bàstards (and even the imposters from up the road that lurk on here) have a wonderful evening. 👍

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

New Year's eve on 18:16 - Dec 31 with 1302 viewsperplex

Another year nearer death.
New Year's eve on 18:17 - Dec 31 with 1299 viewsperplex

Another year until you cease to exist.
New Year's eve on 18:24 - Dec 31 with 1286 viewsjedijack

Most depressing night of the year for me.
Usually spend it with close family at one of our houses. This year we're off out for a slap up meal, for a change. Hope it makes for a happier one. :)
New Year's eve on 18:26 - Dec 31 with 1278 viewsDr_Winston

Couldn't agree more.

2018 was a fabulous year. This one has been f*cking shit.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

New Year's eve on 18:27 - Dec 31 with 1270 viewsFlashberryjack

New Year's eve on 18:17 - Dec 31 by perplex

Another year until you cease to exist.

Many would give anything for another year... happy new year to you my friend, hope you have many many more.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

New Year's eve on 18:28 - Dec 31 with 1267 viewsNeath_Jack

New Year's eve on 18:24 - Dec 31 by jedijack

Most depressing night of the year for me.
Usually spend it with close family at one of our houses. This year we're off out for a slap up meal, for a change. Hope it makes for a happier one. :)

Same here, terribly depressing night.

Best wishes to all you posters out there, happiness and health to all.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

New Year's eve on 18:30 - Dec 31 with 1256 viewsperplex

New Year's eve on 18:27 - Dec 31 by Flashberryjack

Many would give anything for another year... happy new year to you my friend, hope you have many many more.

Thank you sir, happy new year to you also.
New Year's eve on 18:39 - Dec 31 with 1234 viewsBrynCartwright

I've mostly always really hated the whole enforced enjoyment vibe. I'm not an introvert in any way, but have always dreaded the countdown. Everyone just seems to go sodding mental. It's always seemed false and kind of a pretence to me. Many of those people professing undying joy and luck to everyone, will soon be cutting each other up on the motorway and calling each other c*nts under their breath.

Looking like Chris Hemsworth and having a body like Adam Peaty's doesn't help either. I have to literally carry a shitty stick with me.

Not sure if I am just a grumpy old sod, or if it is a British stiff upper lip type of thing.

Much prefer Christmas to New Year.

Poll: Artificial Crowd Noise for Premier League and Champiionship Games is...

New Year's eve on 18:44 - Dec 31 with 1220 viewstaffpunk

It's what you make of it, been out for a very nice meal in The Star Inn in Treos this aft with the other half and her parents. Got back to Pentre, and myself and Mrs TP just had half a dozen drinks in one of my locals with good friends, home before the night time crowd come out. Early start tomorrow, swigging at 1 in my local Rugby Club, 2 bands for a tenner, tickets bought, youngest son and his missus with us,looking forward to it.
[Post edited 31 Dec 2019 18:49]

Second Time Around Record Shop-Tonypandy, RCT-Open Friday and Saturday. Valley Leaflets-Reliable Leaflet Distribution throughout South Wales.

New Year's eve on 19:31 - Dec 31 with 1153 viewsdickythorpe

Had the day off for first time in years so that's why I took old man off around Gower.
Life and work is relentless at time, a treadmill so it was nice to be somewhere special to me and him.

Don't force yourself to do something you don't want to.

The best "craic" is the unplanned one.
New Year's eve on 19:40 - Dec 31 with 1133 viewslifelong

New Year's eve on 19:31 - Dec 31 by dickythorpe

Had the day off for first time in years so that's why I took old man off around Gower.
Life and work is relentless at time, a treadmill so it was nice to be somewhere special to me and him.

Don't force yourself to do something you don't want to.

The best "craic" is the unplanned one.

Despite what some on here say Dicky we live in a special place, great to see you appreciate it, good luck to you and yours for the new year.
New Year's eve on 19:50 - Dec 31 with 1114 viewsCatullus

We avoid any 'enforced happiness' because it's all just so annoying!

We took the dog for a long walk before any fireworks and now it's a quiet evening in for us, with our son. Right now we're watching Terry Pratchetts' 'Going Postal' and I'll probably be in bed by 10.

It's just another day. Tomorrow will be just as bad, there'll be the happy new year greeting instead of hello.

Bah humbug.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

New Year's eve on 20:44 - Dec 31 with 1048 viewswaynekerr55

New Year's eve on 17:17 - Dec 31 by Jackfath

People forcing others to have a good time.

Aye

The "I don't speak to you for 364 days of the year, but tonight I will and hug you" types...

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

New Year's eve on 21:23 - Dec 31 with 1002 viewsblackpooljack

Post of the year mate
New Year's eve on 21:43 - Dec 31 with 968 viewsDarran

Fair play there’s some happy twáts on here.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

New Year's eve on 22:11 - Dec 31 with 930 viewsJoe_bradshaw

New Year's eve on 20:44 - Dec 31 by waynekerr55

Aye

The "I don't speak to you for 364 days of the year, but tonight I will and hug you" types...

Give us a mate.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024