Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bristol City fan here with the local info for Saturday week 09:47 - Jan 14 with 3168 viewsinfoman

Firstly,
don't want to get involved in the full allocation of 2,500 tickets
that's someone else's decision.
So here is the local info for Saturday week
Coming by road.
Do NOT USE M4/M32 route and don't try to negotiate the roads and streets of Bristol
YOU WILL GET LOST
use M4 to M5 southbound to junction 18(Avonmouth) then follow signs A4 Bristol airport
It looks the long way round but its quicker.
Parking is normally in the streets around the area as long as you are there by 1pm please don't block driveways or park on corners.

TRAIN TRAVEL suggest splitting tickets and buy two separate day returns
Swansea to Cardiff and Cardiff to PARSON STREET.
and you can use the tickets on any GREAT WESTERN TRAIN
Buying tickets to PARSON STREET takes you two-thirds of the way to the ground and then walk the rest of the way
If you spot a number 24 get on it in either direction and it will take you the rest of the way.
The XX:29 minutes past the hour trains from Swansea are the best ones and is a very big train.
This will take you to Bristol Parkway then catch the first available to BTM or PARSON STREET
Group save is available which means you get a third off if three of you travel together.
RESERVE A SEAT THE TRAINS ARE EXPECTED TO BE VERY VERY BUSY

local info
Casualty used to be filmed in the City, don't ask me about the programme as I think its rubbish
The young ones was also filmed in the BS7 area of the City(actually its Bishopston)
Finally the block of flats on the left behind the dolman stand side as you are in the away end is "the" block of flats in "fools and horses"
Pubs possibly best ones are in the cumberland road basin area novia scotia pump house and the cottage.
Buy your match day programme before you enter the away end.
BBC Radio station is radio Bristol which has frequencies of BBC DAB
The other lot have the 94:9frequencey.

2010/11 season 1,630 Swansea fans visited Ashton gate on a Tuesday night with a 2-0 win for Swansea
2009/10 season 1,639 Swansea fans visited Ashton Gate and a 1-0 defeat
2008/09 season 969 Swansea fans ending in a 0-0 draw

If you need any further info,let me know
[Post edited 14 Jan 2019 9:56]
Bristol City fan here with the local info for Saturday week on 09:50 - Jan 14 with 3152 viewspencoedjack

Are your rivals Rovers or the Basseys?

Thanks in advance
Bristol City fan here with the local info for Saturday week on 09:55 - Jan 14 with 3124 viewssainthelens

Bristol City fan here with the local info for Saturday week on 09:50 - Jan 14 by pencoedjack

Thanks in advance

With so many going without tickets and the ensuing events that will happen, it could well be us by the end of it.
Bristol City fan here with the local info for Saturday week on 09:55 - Jan 14 with 3125 viewsinfoman

Bristol City fan here with the local info for Saturday week on 09:50 - Jan 14 by pencoedjack

Thanks in advance

No, I am a Wurzel
Bristol City fan here with the local info for Saturday week on 09:56 - Jan 14 with 3122 viewsbuilthjack

Parking in the streets - isn't most of it residents parking now?

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Bristol City fan here with the local info for Saturday week on 10:00 - Jan 14 with 3095 viewsinfoman

Bristol City fan here with the local info for Saturday week on 09:56 - Jan 14 by builthjack

Parking in the streets - isn't most of it residents parking now?

The Southville side is restricted parking 9am till 5pm including Saturdays.
The Ashton side has a lot of pavements with drop down curbs
Bristol City fan here with the local info for Saturday week on 10:02 - Jan 14 with 3090 viewsbuilthjack

Bristol City fan here with the local info for Saturday week on 10:00 - Jan 14 by infoman

The Southville side is restricted parking 9am till 5pm including Saturdays.
The Ashton side has a lot of pavements with drop down curbs

Cheers

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Bristol City fan here with the local info for Saturday week on 12:30 - Jan 14 with 2864 viewspencoedjack

Bristol City fan here with the local info for Saturday week on 09:55 - Jan 14 by infoman

No, I am a Wurzel

I know you are a Wursel.

My question was would you class Bristol Rovers or Cardiff as your main rivals?
Bristol City fan here with the local info for Saturday week on 14:28 - Jan 14 with 2707 viewssainthelens

Bristol City fan here with the local info for Saturday week on 12:30 - Jan 14 by pencoedjack

I know you are a Wursel.

My question was would you class Bristol Rovers or Cardiff as your main rivals?

In fairness Penc, that was a mightily difficult question!!
Login to get fewer ads

Bristol City fan here with the local info for Saturday week on 14:51 - Jan 14 with 2654 viewsAl_Bundy

For Rovers there's probably more rival spice these days with Swindon, Cheltenham and Newport.
Bristol City fan here with the local info for Saturday week on 15:04 - Jan 14 with 2620 viewspencoedjack

Bristol City fan here with the local info for Saturday week on 14:28 - Jan 14 by sainthelens

In fairness Penc, that was a mightily difficult question!!

Bristol City fan here with the local info for Saturday week on 15:17 - Jan 14 with 2597 viewsLoyal

Rovers / City
Swansea/Cardiff
End.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Bristol City fan here with the local info for Saturday week on 15:53 - Jan 14 with 2528 viewsBluebird

Bristol City fan here with the local info for Saturday week on 15:17 - Jan 14 by Loyal

Rovers / City
Swansea/Cardiff
End.

Agreed.
Bristol City fan here with the local info for Saturday week on 21:31 - Jan 14 with 2182 viewsshenleymun

OP says this: Finally the block of flats on the left behind the dolman stand side as you are in the away end is "the" block of flats in "fools and horses"

Apparently it is going to be knocked down soon! Your last chance to pose like Del Boy or Grandad in front of it.
Bristol City fan here with the local info for Saturday week on 23:43 - Jan 14 with 2044 viewsbuilthjack

Bristol City fan here with the local info for Saturday week on 21:31 - Jan 14 by shenleymun

OP says this: Finally the block of flats on the left behind the dolman stand side as you are in the away end is "the" block of flats in "fools and horses"

Apparently it is going to be knocked down soon! Your last chance to pose like Del Boy or Grandad in front of it.

We will be taking a few Rodney's

Bristol City fan here with the local info for Saturday week on 11:33 - Jan 15 with 1839 viewsJJJack

I live in Bristol but am a Swans fan. I'd agree with pretty much everything the OP said. I'd urge a bit of caution for Swans fans on the day. Bristol City fans in the main are ok but they do have some idiots and it's a little lively around the ground (i.e. the pub BS3 is probably best avoided even if you could get in as an away fan). BCFC will be up for this game a bit and travelling down to the Liberty & having a pint in the Grand beforehand was "interesting" and nearly turned nasty in the reverse fixture.
Loads of pubs arounfd the waterfront. Even Clifton isn't that far to walk (3/4 mile - 1 mile away).
I'm after an away ticket for a friend so plaese PM me if anyone has a spare.
Bristol City fan here with the local info for Saturday week on 12:15 - Jan 15 with 1799 viewssainthelens

Bristol City fan here with the local info for Saturday week on 11:33 - Jan 15 by JJJack

I live in Bristol but am a Swans fan. I'd agree with pretty much everything the OP said. I'd urge a bit of caution for Swans fans on the day. Bristol City fans in the main are ok but they do have some idiots and it's a little lively around the ground (i.e. the pub BS3 is probably best avoided even if you could get in as an away fan). BCFC will be up for this game a bit and travelling down to the Liberty & having a pint in the Grand beforehand was "interesting" and nearly turned nasty in the reverse fixture.
Loads of pubs arounfd the waterfront. Even Clifton isn't that far to walk (3/4 mile - 1 mile away).
I'm after an away ticket for a friend so plaese PM me if anyone has a spare.

You'll be in good company with our lot in the home ends. You'll be really lucky to pick up a ticket for the away end pal.
Bristol City fan here with the local info for Saturday week on 12:31 - Jan 15 with 1769 viewsBristolInPeace

Hi all, I'm a Bristol City fan in peace.

I have little to add to Infoman and his excellent, er, info- but would add that pubs around the ground and a bit further afield are fairly strictly home only.

I believe the Tobacco Factory on North Street welcomes away fans, but Bar BS3, Three Lions, Coopers Arms, The Robins- fairly sure home only. Possibly the Miners Arms too is applicable. El Rincon on North Street, also home only.

Sure Infoman will add ones I have forgotten.
[Post edited 15 Jan 2019 16:39]
Bristol City fan here with the local info for Saturday week on 12:53 - Jan 15 with 1721 viewsJackfath

I'm going in the home end. Pwopa nawty.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Bristol City fan here with the local info for Saturday week on 12:59 - Jan 15 with 1701 viewsBristolInPeace

Bristol City fan here with the local info for Saturday week on 12:53 - Jan 15 by Jackfath

I'm going in the home end. Pwopa nawty.

Probably happens up and down the country, people dotted about in small numbers.

The club are quite hot on it however- though don't want to get into it on this thread.
[Post edited 15 Jan 2019 13:01]
Bristol City fan here with the local info for Saturday week on 13:01 - Jan 15 with 1687 viewsJackfath

Bristol City fan here with the local info for Saturday week on 12:59 - Jan 15 by BristolInPeace

Probably happens up and down the country, people dotted about in small numbers.

The club are quite hot on it however- though don't want to get into it on this thread.
[Post edited 15 Jan 2019 13:01]

Thanks for the tip my friend. Me and the crew will be ok though.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Bristol City fan here with the local info for Saturday week on 13:20 - Jan 15 with 1629 viewssainthelens

Bristol City fan here with the local info for Saturday week on 13:01 - Jan 15 by Jackfath

Thanks for the tip my friend. Me and the crew will be ok though.

Hope your working on that accent JF .
Bristol City fan here with the local info for Saturday week on 13:24 - Jan 15 with 1619 viewsdickythorpe

I'll travel and drink however, wherever and whenever I want .
Bristol City fan here with the local info for Saturday week on 14:01 - Jan 15 with 1561 viewsbuilthjack

Bristol City fan here with the local info for Saturday week on 13:24 - Jan 15 by dickythorpe

You rebel

Bristol City fan here with the local info for Saturday week on 14:07 - Jan 15 with 1553 viewsLoyal

Bristol City fan here with the local info for Saturday week on 13:24 - Jan 15 by dickythorpe

And with whoever you want as well.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.

Bristol City fan here with the local info for Saturday week on 14:08 - Jan 15 with 1547 viewsLoyal

Bristol City fan here with the local info for Saturday week on 12:31 - Jan 15 by BristolInPeace

Hi all, I'm a Bristol City fan in peace.

I have little to add to Infoman and his excellent, er, info- but would add that pubs around the ground and a bit further afield are fairly strictly home only.

I believe the Tobacco Factory on North Street welcomes away fans, but Bar BS3, Three Lions, Coopers Arms, The Robins- fairly sure home only. Possibly the Miners Arms too is applicable. El Rincon on North Street, also home only.

Sure Infoman will add ones I have forgotten.
[Post edited 15 Jan 2019 16:39]

See you in the the coopers for one then 😂👍

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024