Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Storm Gloria 10:29 - Jan 21 with 2740 viewsPegojack

It's not all winter sunshine and sangria here, guys. The east of Spain has just been hit by the worst storm for decades, Storm Gloria. Inland they've had several feet of snow, while here on the coast there were 8 metre waves crashing on shore and throwing around 5 tonne concrete blocks on the prom at Javea like they were kid's toys.
We've had torrential rain for 36 hours and winds gusting up to 60 km/hour. Brought down a huge pine tree in our road. Fair play to local council, they were out yesterday in the p*ssing rain to clear it with chainsaws.
Several people have died and the destruction of coastal businesses has to be seen to be believed. I pity anyone who arrived for a break in Benidorm this weekend!
Storm Gloria on 10:53 - Jan 21 with 2704 viewsLohengrin

The rain in Spain, Peg! We nipped over for a long weekend last Easter and to say the Heavens opened is a pukka understatement! I found this footage of La Zenia as an indicator of the downpour:

Anyway, Gloria. ‘av it!

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Storm Gloria on 10:57 - Jan 21 with 2701 viewsLord_Bony

Will be in malaga,torremolinos from Sunday to Thurs next week... According to the BBC met office forecast it's going to be sunny and warm,about 19 degrees ever day for that period.

We almost booked this week, luckily we did nt.

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

Storm Gloria on 11:00 - Jan 21 with 2698 viewsMuteswan

It’s a little colder here at the moment and fine so no big drama. It seems that the weather is changing everywhere and not for the better. It doesn’t sound like your “ ideal get away from the cold, wet, Welsh weather” that you were hoping for. I’m sure it’s much nicer there, on the whole, than here.😁 Stay safe in Storm Gloria and just remember us with our latest weather record...
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-51174008
Storm Gloria on 12:22 - Jan 21 with 2636 viewsPegojack

Storm Gloria on 10:57 - Jan 21 by Lord_Bony

Will be in malaga,torremolinos from Sunday to Thurs next week... According to the BBC met office forecast it's going to be sunny and warm,about 19 degrees ever day for that period.

We almost booked this week, luckily we did nt.

Aye, you should be ok next week, the forecast is good. A return to normality.
I'm popping over to the UK for four days on Thursday, mainly for a Swans mate's 80th birthday party in Hereford. Shout out to Brian Nugent. Sarted supporting the Swans in 1956 and still a season ticket holder in West Stand.
I'll be in Baglan on friday, hope no storms there!
Storm Gloria on 14:50 - Jan 21 with 2532 viewsFlashberryjack

Climate change or Brexit, or both.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Storm Gloria on 14:59 - Jan 21 with 2525 viewsLohengrin

Storm Gloria on 14:50 - Jan 21 by Flashberryjack

Climate change or Brexit, or both.

It’s all down to Laurence Fox, apparently.

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Storm Gloria on 15:41 - Jan 21 with 2488 viewsFlashberryjack

Storm Gloria on 14:59 - Jan 21 by Lohengrin

It’s all down to Laurence Fox, apparently.

The soon to be unemployed "Laurence Fox" ?

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Storm Gloria on 19:59 - Jan 21 with 2372 viewsexiledclaseboy

So you’ve had a standard day in Swansea at any time between October and March then.

Poll: Tory leader

Login to get fewer ads

Storm Gloria on 21:02 - Jan 21 with 2289 viewslonglostjack

You’d expect it on the west coast of Portugal but not where you are Pego. Spent New Years Eve in the darkness in Carvoeiro Portugal once after the most extreme storm I’d ever experienced. Hope your satellite dish doesn’t need too much adjusting mate!

PS. Pretty inconsiderate of you to be going back to Hereford this weekend. If you’d have waited till the 8th you could have given me a lift from Abergavenny to the Derby game.
[Post edited 21 Jan 2020 21:06]

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Storm Gloria on 21:42 - Jan 21 with 2248 viewsNotLoyal

Storm Gloria on 12:22 - Jan 21 by Pegojack

Aye, you should be ok next week, the forecast is good. A return to normality.
I'm popping over to the UK for four days on Thursday, mainly for a Swans mate's 80th birthday party in Hereford. Shout out to Brian Nugent. Sarted supporting the Swans in 1956 and still a season ticket holder in West Stand.
I'll be in Baglan on friday, hope no storms there!

I remember Brian, was one of the MAGS group years ago.
Ledbury way? Nice chap. I know he knew a few of the old Gloucester crew from 25 plus years ago. I was in the army then but used to travel back for games with my brother. Coach used to leave Cheltenham.

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Storm Gloria on 22:09 - Jan 21 with 2229 viewsPegojack

Storm Gloria on 21:42 - Jan 21 by NotLoyal

I remember Brian, was one of the MAGS group years ago.
Ledbury way? Nice chap. I know he knew a few of the old Gloucester crew from 25 plus years ago. I was in the army then but used to travel back for games with my brother. Coach used to leave Cheltenham.

Yes, he lived in Leominster but moved to centre of Hereford a couple of years ago.
Storm Gloria on 21:35 - Jan 25 with 2030 viewslonglostjack

Happy Birthday Brian !

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024