Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Burnley 09:17 - Dec 22 with 709 viewsonehunglow

Seems people were premature in writing them off this reason to stay up. Good win against the Wolves and serious money coming their way soon.

Burnley -less than half the population of Swansea,with God knows how many big "big" clubs within an hours drive truly standing above the masses ,for me anyway.

Dyche is an incredible manager and they are an object lesson as to how to run a club and support it.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Burnley on 12:48 - Dec 22 with 674 viewsReslovenSwan1

If Burnely is worth £200m with a Premier league football teams Swansea will be worth at least as much.

Swansea city has :

A bigger population draw

Less local competition,

Excellent infrastucture in place

Arguably a better track record in creating good players from the academy.

A better brand of football and a more marketbe brand.

On the down side Swansea has no airport but CWL is only 40 minuites away. Swansea also has some irritating minor shareholders .
[Post edited 22 Dec 2020 12:49]

Wise sage since Toshack era

Burnley on 13:15 - Dec 22 with 653 viewsChief

Burnley on 12:48 - Dec 22 by ReslovenSwan1

If Burnely is worth £200m with a Premier league football teams Swansea will be worth at least as much.

Swansea city has :

A bigger population draw

Less local competition,

Excellent infrastucture in place

Arguably a better track record in creating good players from the academy.

A better brand of football and a more marketbe brand.

On the down side Swansea has no airport but CWL is only 40 minuites away. Swansea also has some irritating minor shareholders .
[Post edited 22 Dec 2020 12:49]

Is this another for the

****RANDOM UNWARRANTED DIG AT TRUST ALERT****
Klaxon?

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

Burnley on 13:41 - Dec 22 with 638 viewsReslovenSwan1

Burnley on 13:15 - Dec 22 by Chief

Is this another for the

****RANDOM UNWARRANTED DIG AT TRUST ALERT****
Klaxon?

Who says I was having a go at the Trust? There are more than one minoriy shareholders.
[Post edited 22 Dec 2020 13:42]

Wise sage since Toshack era

Burnley on 13:44 - Dec 22 with 630 viewsChief

Burnley on 13:41 - Dec 22 by ReslovenSwan1

Who says I was having a go at the Trust? There are more than one minoriy shareholders.
[Post edited 22 Dec 2020 13:42]

That's why i asked and not automatically sounded the Klaxon

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

Burnley on 14:29 - Dec 22 with 602 viewsTreforys_Jack

Done exceptionally well, but if I had to watch that turgid crap week in week out, I'd find something else to do. Football is meant to be entertaining, I understand they have to play a certain way to survive and SD has done an incredible job but not for me.
Burnley on 15:04 - Dec 22 with 579 viewsBadlands

Wealthier area - Average salary in Burnley £3,000 a year more than Swansea
Burnley - lower unemployment rate
More concentrated population meaning easier access to facilities and amenities including sports stadia - (4,313 / km2 Burnley 651 km2 Swansea)

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Burnley on 16:56 - Dec 22 with 543 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Burnley on 15:04 - Dec 22 by Badlands

More concentrated population meaning easier access to facilities and amenities including sports stadia - (4,313 / km2 Burnley 651 km2 Swansea)

That is only because Burnley is a distinct town of 73000. While Swansea now includes the old city of Swansea plus unpopulated gower and small towns like gorsienon and pontardulais.

If you compare the old city boundaries of Swansea it has a population of 170,00 more than twice that of Burnley and just and is twice as densely populated as Burnley

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Burnley on 17:46 - Dec 22 with 524 viewsonehunglow

If Burnley is wealthy than I give up.

Houses in Burnley ? You can buy a street easily

Login to get fewer ads

Burnley on 21:53 - Dec 22 with 459 viewsmajorraglan

They also have the advantage of being close to some of the big clubs in the Premier League, it means players can transfer, go on loan etc without the hassle of having to uproot families and move house etc, Swansea is at the end of line which means people have to move and it can make the club an unattractive proposition.
[Post edited 22 Dec 2020 22:03]
Burnley on 08:23 - Dec 23 with 392 viewsNortbankboy

Burnley on 21:53 - Dec 22 by majorraglan

They also have the advantage of being close to some of the big clubs in the Premier League, it means players can transfer, go on loan etc without the hassle of having to uproot families and move house etc, Swansea is at the end of line which means people have to move and it can make the club an unattractive proposition.
[Post edited 22 Dec 2020 22:03]

Who wants play football the way the likes of burnley,sheff utd ,Cardiff city etc
Hoofball
Burnley on 09:42 - Dec 23 with 374 viewsFireboy2

Not being funny BL but where did you get those average and unemployment figures ffrom? And the reason I ask is have you ever been to Burnley?
Burnley on 14:19 - Dec 23 with 328 viewsonehunglow

Burnley on 09:42 - Dec 23 by Fireboy2

Not being funny BL but where did you get those average and unemployment figures ffrom? And the reason I ask is have you ever been to Burnley?

Eddie.Both you and I know Burnley and eat Lancs,as underprivilegd a it gets. If wansea is that bad ,then I truly will be upset. Ive not seen anything like the poverty or social dysfunction that there is in Burnley.

I have to ay many in Swansea know little about the north and are far more familiar with matters southern. Transport links the reason

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024