Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Marcus Rashford 09:33 - Oct 10 with 572 viewsCatullus

So send a few tweets, do a few tv interviews and get an MBE, really? At 22 and a few months of doing something we'd all agree is a good thing he gets a higher honour than a nurse of 29 years.

Some people spend a lifetime doing good work for charities and never get recognised for it.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Marcus Rashford on 09:40 - Oct 10 with 564 viewsKilkennyjack

Not sure why a talented and successful young man using his position to provide food for hungry children is in anyway a negative.

Well done Mr Rashford.
You shamed the tory government who did not care.

You should not have accepted the MBE though.
Would have been better to send it back.
The Empire is dead.

Beware of the Risen People

Marcus Rashford on 09:46 - Oct 10 with 560 viewsonehunglow

Rashford is high profile hence his "honour". He could do what most footballers do and that life a life in a grotesque financial vacuum of excess .He seems a decent chap.

I just wished all these "empire" honours were stopped a many are warped and tainted by bribery.

Great welshamn Lloyd George liked nothing moe than making thousands from requests for honours.

Sir Tommy Steele though is something else

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Marcus Rashford on 09:47 - Oct 10 with 560 viewsCatullus

Marcus Rashford on 09:40 - Oct 10 by Kilkennyjack

Not sure why a talented and successful young man using his position to provide food for hungry children is in anyway a negative.

Well done Mr Rashford.
You shamed the tory government who did not care.

You should not have accepted the MBE though.
Would have been better to send it back.
The Empire is dead.

You don't get it do you? It's not a criticism of Rashford, it's a criticism of the system, you know, that system you so despise.

There are plenty of people out there more deserving than Rashford. People who have campaigned for charity for decades but get nothing.

Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?

Marcus Rashford on 09:51 - Oct 10 with 559 viewsonehunglow

Morning Cat.

Killy is a classic poster ..

Its people like him that I thank when I doubt my sanity.

Not sure if the Irish have awards .If they don't they will have gone up in my estimation.

Marcus Rashford on 10:02 - Oct 10 with 555 viewsHighjack

Services to diving?

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Marcus Rashford on 10:03 - Oct 10 with 554 viewsonehunglow

No, that would be to Mr Sterling .

Marcus Rashford on 10:16 - Oct 10 with 544 viewsHighjack

Marcus Rashford on 10:03 - Oct 10 by onehunglow

No, that would be to Mr Sterling .

Right.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.

Marcus Rashford on 10:27 - Oct 10 with 534 viewsBoundy

Marcus Rashford on 10:16 - Oct 10 by Highjack

Right.

Honoured for doing what most decent human beings do but quietly . Ok

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Login to get fewer ads

Marcus Rashford on 10:32 - Oct 10 with 532 views1983

Right.

What a load of utter old bollocks OBE MBE BBC UB40 what a load of tosh some old bird who lives in a big house in London who has never heard of you and has no interest in you gives you something because she has to
Lorraine Kelly, Mary Berry,Maureen Lipman do me a favour ! It’s 2020 FFS!

Amended for use of language.

This post has been edited by an administrator

Marcus Rashford on 10:36 - Oct 10 with 530 viewsonehunglow

and how does Dizzy Rascal feel about getting an MBE.The same British Empire that was so racist and cruel to his descendants.Hypocrite if he takes it

Marcus Rashford on 10:45 - Oct 10 with 517 viewsKilkennyjack

Marcus Rashford on 10:36 - Oct 10 by onehunglow

and how does Dizzy Rascal feel about getting an MBE.The same British Empire that was so racist and cruel to his descendants.Hypocrite if he takes it

100 per cent should not accept it.

Beware of the Risen People

Marcus Rashford on 11:03 - Oct 10 with 507 viewsonehunglow

We agree!.Praise the Lord/Allah.

You might have twigged I'm something of a maverick that' hard to work out but I deeply resent this Honours system which still relates to the Empire ,which is long gone.We were by no means the worse culprits of colonialism but really nothing to be proud about,although for people of my age ,this drivel was rammed down our throats.

Im not actually anti monarchy per se -just ours,which is anachronistic in it extreme.

By all means reward outstanding service in the community which means giving knighthoods not MBE s to coxwains of lifeboard/air ambulance crew/Paramedics/Fire fighters who go beyond the line not to chap who take over ASDA ffs.

As for services to business -I will have a warning for bad language if I go down that road.

As for sports people,a shocking omission is Jimmy Greaves .

Cant get over Sir Tommy Steele. You ever watched his films or listened to his songs. adly,I remember still "little white bull",the most disgusting record of all time IMO .Traumatising stuff you never forget.

Marcus Rashford on 11:11 - Oct 10 with 502 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Gareth Thomas was unavailable for comment.*

*If you believe that you’ll believe anything.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Marcus Rashford on 11:14 - Oct 10 with 502 viewsHighjack

Marcus Rashford on 10:32 - Oct 10 by 1983

What a load of utter old bollocks OBE MBE BBC UB40 what a load of tosh some old bird who lives in a big house in London who has never heard of you and has no interest in you gives you something because she has to
Lorraine Kelly, Mary Berry,Maureen Lipman do me a favour ! It’s 2020 FFS!

Amended for use of language.

This post has been edited by an administrator

Are you suggesting her Maj isn’t a massive Dizzie Rascal fan? Royal insiders often tell of the pulsing beats of a ghetto blaster emanating through the walls of the royal apartments.

Marcus Rashford on 22:13 - Oct 10 with 435 viewsCatullus

I deffo am anti monarchy, a family in a revered position by dint of birth.....utter tripe! Whichever country.

Kilk, if I were ever offered an honour I hope I would do the right thing and say get lost! I can't promise though

Marcus Rashford on 22:21 - Oct 10 with 432 viewsbuilthjack

Right.

Everyone in the away section could see it was a dive. Yet the ref, who had a great view, gave a penalty. Cheated. Diving #$Â¥%
[Post edited 11 Oct 2020 6:09]

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Marcus Rashford on 22:29 - Oct 10 with 417 viewsDJack

Marcus Rashford on 22:21 - Oct 10 by builthjack

Everyone in the away section could see it was a dive. Yet the ref, who had a great view, gave a penalty. Cheated. Diving #$Â¥%
[Post edited 11 Oct 2020 6:09]

Keith did warn us on the language front...But it doesn't feel the same not being able to lose our ...err, stuff from time to time

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

Marcus Rashford on 22:35 - Oct 10 with 406 viewsHighjack

Marcus Rashford on 22:29 - Oct 10 by DJack

Keith did warn us on the language front...But it doesn't feel the same not being able to lose our ...err, stuff from time to time

When ever I want to swear now I just put (Removed by administrator) instead.

It saves Keith time and people know what I mean anyway.

For example, if a ref makes a mistake I would say: “what the flying (Removed by administrator) is that (Removed by administrator)ing (Removed by administrator) playing at giving a (Removed by administrator)ing foul there. He should stick his (Removed by administrator)ing whistle up his (Removed by administrator)ing (Removed by administrator).

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024