Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Borja update 15:25 - Nov 18 with 1359 viewsNotLoyal

From wales on line - Signed for the princely sum of £15.5million in the summer of 2016 by Francesco Guidolin, big things were expected of the Spaniard but it didn't work out at all for the striker in SA1.

He made just 20 appearances - scoring just once - before spending the next two seasons on loan at Malaga and Alaves respectively. Across those two campaigns he scored just seven times. Hardly ideal for a frontman.

It looked for all the world that his Swansea career was over, but with the Liberty hierarchy not able to secure a buyer for him, Borja started the season as the main striker under new boss Steve Cooper.

He hit the ground running, rediscovering the form at Eibar and Atletico Madrid which attracted Swansea in the first place, netting six goals in the month of September alone.

But familiar frustrations returned, he fell out of favour once again and he made the surprise move to Aston Villa in January. Things didn't pick up for the 28-year-old in the Midlands, however, featuring for just 16 minutes for Dean Smith's side.

With his Swansea contract up and Villa not keen on him, he returned to Spain with Leganes where shoots of optimism have returned to his game.

He has featured in every match for his new club, starting in 10 of the 12 played, scoring twice and assisting twice. And the club have taken to him in a big way too.

"The feeling we have is that he is in a good moment," his manager Josep Lluís Martí said recently.

"He would obviously like to have more chances, like the ones he sent to the crossbar the other day, but he is a player who gives us many situations. To be able to hold the ball, to protect, to wait for team-mates ... and then he does a tremendous defensive job."

Unexpectedly, it appears that Borja is regaining the form and confidence he showed in his early career; yes, caveats should be made, notably that he's had decent starts to seasons before, and the fact he is now plying his trade in the Spanish second division. But he still has time to kickstart his career in surroundings familiar to him.
Speaking at the start of the season, Borja said he was glad to return home, adding he endured "anguish" while in the UK during lockdown. "I hope I can enjoy it this year," he revealed.

"Being at home has been an important factor in the decision. I spent a little anguish in England, which caught me [in] confinement there separated from the family. After 10 years, going home is essential."

He will still go down as one of Swansea's most costly transfer mistakes, but his commitment to the cause was never in question.
[Post edited 18 Nov 2020 15:28]

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Borja update on 18:28 - Nov 18 with 1273 viewsswancity

In the days when Huw Jenkins was behaving badly, ruining his reputation and doing things behind the backs of people he led to believe were friends. Spunking away 15 million pounds on Baston, not to mention Clucas. A roofer of clear repute ...

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

Borja update on 19:51 - Nov 18 with 1232 viewsonehunglow

Deeply upsets me even now,or at least it does when I see he Prem League table without the Swans . There was nothing to beat us beating the big boys and then being virtually ignored in the post match analysis.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Borja update on 21:47 - Nov 18 with 1179 viewsReslovenSwan1

Borja update on 18:28 - Nov 18 by swancity

In the days when Huw Jenkins was behaving badly, ruining his reputation and doing things behind the backs of people he led to believe were friends. Spunking away 15 million pounds on Baston, not to mention Clucas. A roofer of clear repute ...

Revisionist verdict that carries little credibility. HJ was there for 16 years based on Swansea average 15 were highly sucessful.

Wise sage since Toshack era

Borja update on 16:49 - Nov 19 with 1015 viewsswancity

Borja update on 21:47 - Nov 18 by ReslovenSwan1

Revisionist verdict that carries little credibility. HJ was there for 16 years based on Swansea average 15 were highly sucessful.

And I’ve been there as a fan for almost 50 years so I’d say my view counts and is credible, whereas I’m uncertain about your questionable motives and tactics. Who are you ?

Borja update on 18:21 - Nov 19 with 977 viewsonehunglow

Borja update on 16:49 - Nov 19 by swancity

And I’ve been there as a fan for almost 50 years so I’d say my view counts and is credible, whereas I’m uncertain about your questionable motives and tactics. Who are you ?

I can beat you by 10 yrs and you have a point .

I thought Borja was not really given a fair crack of the whip.

It could be said,his career was destroyed here.

His goal at Arsenal was a highlight for me

Borja update on 22:25 - Nov 19 with 930 viewsReslovenSwan1

Borja update on 16:49 - Nov 19 by swancity

My motives are my business. I am a fan from the Neath Valley with no affiliations to anyone in the club or any pollitical party. I like to give my opinion and back those that have done a good job for the football club. I assess organisations and individual on what they do and how they act not what they stand for. The Trust have been a major disapointment and the club are better off without them.

History will treat HJ very kindly because historians try to be fair. They will not I suspect spend too much of his time on his small construction business although it taught him some useful lessons in running SCFC so sucessfully, no doubt. When they took over the objective was to be an established Championship side. That is what they are at least. They have been a top 30 side for a decade.

Borja update on 09:38 - Nov 20 with 852 viewsswancity

Borja update on 22:25 - Nov 19 by ReslovenSwan1

My motives are my business. I am a fan from the Neath Valley with no affiliations to anyone in the club or any pollitical party. I like to give my opinion and back those that have done a good job for the football club. I assess organisations and individual on what they do and how they act not what they stand for. The Trust have been a major disapointment and the club are better off without them.

History will treat HJ very kindly because historians try to be fair. They will not I suspect spend too much of his time on his small construction business although it taught him some useful lessons in running SCFC so sucessfully, no doubt. When they took over the objective was to be an established Championship side. That is what they are at least. They have been a top 30 side for a decade.

You aren’t giving balanced views though which indicate and confirm to me that you may well be telling lies.

Of course we all recognise the fine work that Jenkins did. That’s not in doubt although lady luck was on his side along the way.

But he has undone that good work by planning to deceive the Trust in terms of leaving them out from the Club sale talks until late on. And not even Jenkins can be in two places at the same time meaning that the job he was getting paid huge sums of money to do wasn’t being done properly either.

I’m not wasting any more time with you repeating the same old stuff. Let’s hope it goes to Court now as that needs to happen.

You’re entitled to an opinion but when it lacks any balance there’s usually a reason for it ....

Borja update on 10:51 - Nov 20 with 832 viewsonehunglow

Borja update on 22:25 - Nov 19 by ReslovenSwan1

Ive never been to Resolven ;always flown passed it.Am I missing something.

Login to get fewer ads

Borja update on 14:00 - Nov 20 with 797 viewsReslovenSwan1

Borja update on 09:38 - Nov 20 by swancity

You aren’t giving balanced views though which indicate and confirm to me that you may well be telling lies.

Of course we all recognise the fine work that Jenkins did. That’s not in doubt although lady luck was on his side along the way.

But he has undone that good work by planning to deceive the Trust in terms of leaving them out from the Club sale talks until late on. And not even Jenkins can be in two places at the same time meaning that the job he was getting paid huge sums of money to do wasn’t being done properly either.

I’m not wasting any more time with you repeating the same old stuff. Let’s hope it goes to Court now as that needs to happen.

You’re entitled to an opinion but when it lacks any balance there’s usually a reason for it ....

If the Trust was united in wanting to sell it would have sold. You cannot buy anything off someone who either does not want to sell, or is not sure, or has members/family that are against selling. Thats just the way it is. The buyer walked away and their reasons were to avoid acrimony with the Trust members. Who has the right to say there was a different reason.?

You talking about balance is a laughable. Both on here and the moribund SCFC there was no balance whatsoever with toxic language for both the sellers and the US people. I redress that balance.

Going to court simply transfers money or shares from supporters of Swansea city to English third party ambulance chasers. You appear to support this. I do not for balance.

Borja update on 14:10 - Nov 20 with 795 viewsTreforys_Jack

Borja update on 14:00 - Nov 20 by ReslovenSwan1

If the Trust was united in wanting to sell it would have sold. You cannot buy anything off someone who either does not want to sell, or is not sure, or has members/family that are against selling. Thats just the way it is. The buyer walked away and their reasons were to avoid acrimony with the Trust members. Who has the right to say there was a different reason.?

You talking about balance is a laughable. Both on here and the moribund SCFC there was no balance whatsoever with toxic language for both the sellers and the US people. I redress that balance.

Going to court simply transfers money or shares from supporters of Swansea city to English third party ambulance chasers. You appear to support this. I do not for balance.

Leigh, give it up mun, they lied and they deceived, end of discussion. Made up meetings that HJ denied attending but the minutes put him there, then he claimed he forgot. Telling the Americans to not mention anything to the trust, which HJ denied, so one party was lying, which one?
HJ did amazing things then blew his legacy over personal greed.
Borja update on 16:25 - Nov 20 with 774 viewsReslovenSwan1

Borja update on 14:10 - Nov 20 by Treforys_Jack

Leigh, give it up mun, they lied and they deceived, end of discussion. Made up meetings that HJ denied attending but the minutes put him there, then he claimed he forgot. Telling the Americans to not mention anything to the trust, which HJ denied, so one party was lying, which one?
HJ did amazing things then blew his legacy over personal greed.

I am not Leigh or Leigh's brother or any distant relative of Leigh. I do not know anyone called Leigh. You know this anyway, I suppose. My posts present logic for logic s sake.

I am just a bloke that thinks the Trust leadership has badly let down the members and the fans. They had a failed strategy that did not make sense in 2013-2016 and they have a new strategy that does not make sense 2017 to present either. Selling in th PL was the only show in town. Sell in the PL buy in the championship not the other way around.

If the club is sold in the Premier league in 2022 or later a sucessful legal claim for 2016 prices will see a swinging loss of £30m. Legal action reduces the chance of this.

Borja update on 16:46 - Nov 20 with 766 viewsonehunglow

And I am not a friend of Leigh's no matter what has been suggested.

Borja update on 07:47 - Nov 21 with 681 viewsTreforys_Jack

Borja update on 16:25 - Nov 20 by ReslovenSwan1

I am not Leigh or Leigh's brother or any distant relative of Leigh. I do not know anyone called Leigh. You know this anyway, I suppose. My posts present logic for logic s sake.

I am just a bloke that thinks the Trust leadership has badly let down the members and the fans. They had a failed strategy that did not make sense in 2013-2016 and they have a new strategy that does not make sense 2017 to present either. Selling in th PL was the only show in town. Sell in the PL buy in the championship not the other way around.

If the club is sold in the Premier league in 2022 or later a sucessful legal claim for 2016 prices will see a swinging loss of £30m. Legal action reduces the chance of this.

Do you admit HJ & MM lied and decieved ? That would go some way to making you slightly more plausible. Its currently very difficult to take you seriously.
[Post edited 21 Nov 2020 7:51]
Borja update on 17:38 - Nov 21 with 596 viewsTreforys_Jack

Borja update on 07:47 - Nov 21 by Treforys_Jack

Do you admit HJ & MM lied and decieved ? That would go some way to making you slightly more plausible. Its currently very difficult to take you seriously.

Borja update on 18:39 - Nov 21 with 572 viewsReslovenSwan1

Borja update on 07:47 - Nov 21 by Treforys_Jack

I care not a jot whether you take me seriously or not. I give my views and people can agree or not. What is not acceptable to me is people suggsting I have a vested interest in an attempt to discredit my opinions.

It is a perfectly reasonable to suggest the Turst have messed up big time. The Trust appear to have characteristics which make them very difficult to deal with.

a) They do not know what the want (They were not up for sale in 2015-2016, were up for sale in 2017 could not agree to sell in 2017 after fierce opposition and now want to sell again).

b) They are not united and prone to internal disputes. See 2017 sale talks.

c) The move at a glacial pace. THe US people agreed in principle to buy shares in 2016. It was 18 months later when the talks collapsed.

d) The Trust have a confused stratey. In 2016 they appear to have wanted more shares not less. They asked for a donation of 4% shares (worth £4m) off the US owners for protection 25% gives.

HJ and MM throught their work gave the Trust a potential 100x return on their shares and put US buyers with cash on a table in front of them in 2016 before the deal was finalised. You can a take a horse to water.......... I do not know anyone who would not make a deal like this.

Borja update on 19:19 - Nov 21 with 560 viewsChief

Borja update on 18:39 - Nov 21 by ReslovenSwan1

I care not a jot whether you take me seriously or not. I give my views and people can agree or not. What is not acceptable to me is people suggsting I have a vested interest in an attempt to discredit my opinions.

It is a perfectly reasonable to suggest the Turst have messed up big time. The Trust appear to have characteristics which make them very difficult to deal with.

a) They do not know what the want (They were not up for sale in 2015-2016, were up for sale in 2017 could not agree to sell in 2017 after fierce opposition and now want to sell again).

c) The move at a glacial pace. THe US people agreed in principle to buy shares in 2016. It was 18 months later when the talks collapsed.

d) The Trust have a confused stratey. In 2016 they appear to have wanted more shares not less. They asked for a donation of 4% shares (worth £4m) off the US owners for protection 25% gives.

HJ and MM throught their work gave the Trust a potential 100x return on their shares and put US buyers with cash on a table in front of them in 2016 before the deal was finalised. You can a take a horse to water.......... I do not know anyone who would not make a deal like this.

Here we go again. Got no problem with your opinion that the trust shouldn't go to court. But you need to be called out when you post lies and don't apply your own same standards towards the trust as you do to others. Let alone omissions.
- how have the trust messed up big time? Are they the ones who acted in a manner that would potentially leave themselves open to litigation? No. Winter has said hes dealing with them now. Has he said they are difficult to deal with? No.
- You are saying the trust do not know what they want because you like to think that. Actually they are proving to be dynamic and pragmatic in light of changing events.
- They are a democracy - certain members have differing views. You do know we are nearly into 2021?
- So you automatically assume it took that long because of the trust? Even though theres no evidence to suggest this delay was entirely down to them? You usually say fhr the trust should wait before selling. But now because you see an opportunity to criticise you're saying they are slow.
- You know exactly why the trust (wisely) explored the possibility of acquiring more shares. Why have you left that bit out?
- How on earth can you conclude in your mind that the sellouts thought of the trust at all when they were selling their shares!? The only thought they gave was how to keep it as quiet as possible. Haha you've come up with some fantastic theories but this is up there with the best Huw and Martin acting as brokers or middlemen now!
- Where does Huw frantically typing up false meeting minutes&scurrying around trying to rip up the shareholders agreement fit into that narrative then?

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

Borja update on 19:40 - Nov 21 with 554 viewsReslovenSwan1

Borja update on 19:19 - Nov 21 by Chief

Here we go again. Got no problem with your opinion that the trust shouldn't go to court. But you need to be called out when you post lies and don't apply your own same standards towards the trust as you do to others. Let alone omissions.
- how have the trust messed up big time? Are they the ones who acted in a manner that would potentially leave themselves open to litigation? No. Winter has said hes dealing with them now. Has he said they are difficult to deal with? No.
- You are saying the trust do not know what they want because you like to think that. Actually they are proving to be dynamic and pragmatic in light of changing events.
- They are a democracy - certain members have differing views. You do know we are nearly into 2021?
- So you automatically assume it took that long because of the trust? Even though theres no evidence to suggest this delay was entirely down to them? You usually say fhr the trust should wait before selling. But now because you see an opportunity to criticise you're saying they are slow.
- You know exactly why the trust (wisely) explored the possibility of acquiring more shares. Why have you left that bit out?
- How on earth can you conclude in your mind that the sellouts thought of the trust at all when they were selling their shares!? The only thought they gave was how to keep it as quiet as possible. Haha you've come up with some fantastic theories but this is up there with the best Huw and Martin acting as brokers or middlemen now!
- Where does Huw frantically typing up false meeting minutes&scurrying around trying to rip up the shareholders agreement fit into that narrative then?

Its a fact. The sellers created a x 100 mark up on their shares potentially turning £200,000 into a fabulous £20,000,00 for the Trust before tax. They also found a buyer for the Trusts s shares and introduced the Trust to the US buyer who were interested in buying the Trust shares and had cash. This was 3-4 months before the sale was finalised. It is so sad as to how things have developed. Like the patron of this site says now things could get messy.

Borja update on 19:46 - Nov 21 with 541 viewsChief

Borja update on 19:40 - Nov 21 by ReslovenSwan1

Its a fact. The sellers created a x 100 mark up on their shares potentially turning £200,000 into a fabulous £20,000,00 for the Trust before tax. They also found a buyer for the Trusts s shares and introduced the Trust to the US buyer who were interested in buying the Trust shares and had cash. This was 3-4 months before the sale was finalised. It is so sad as to how things have developed. Like the patron of this site says now things could get messy.

- But its not a fact! If it was why would Kaplan admit (caught on camera) that they are the sellouts deliberately kept the trust out of the sale then?

- and also why did Huw act the way he did? And why are you ignoring these factors?

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

Borja update on 10:33 - Nov 22 with 465 viewsTreforys_Jack

Borja update on 18:39 - Nov 21 by ReslovenSwan1

Did the previous owners lie and deceive?
Borja update on 10:45 - Nov 22 with 459 viewsThornburyswan

Just in case anyone has an interest in the subject on this thread Borja was a sub yesterday, came on in the second half to assist in Leganes 2-1 away win at Malaga - up to 3rd spot in the Segunda.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024