Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Great Goal by by Dundee's Shankland. 12:18 - Jan 13 with 941 viewsA_Fans_Dad

He gets the ball at about 55 yards out and the goalkeeper is not on his line., so you know the rest.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/av/football/55641336
[Post edited 13 Jan 2021 12:18]
Great Goal by by Dundee's Shankland. on 17:38 - Jan 13 with 843 viewsReslovenSwan1

Vaulks of Cardiff hit one from further out v Brentford. It would have been nice if it cost Brentford points but slack defending cost them. Vaulks who i keep an eye on as a Welsh international then did a bit of Barry mcKay defending gainst Wycombe whch cost them dear and might explain why Warnock did not pick him. One of Coopers "none negotiatables" perhaps?.

Shankland is another i keep an eye n and his goalscoring stats have taken a bit of a dive in general. A goal a game to one in 6 or so. Only 4 goals all season. Playing style obviously comes into it as with Watters who could not hit a barn door until 2020. One young man for whom it was a good year.
[Post edited 13 Jan 2021 17:41]

Wise sage since Toshack era

Great Goal by by Dundee's Shankland. on 08:53 - Jan 16 with 747 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Fantastic. Love to see players trying this sort of thing. The beauty of this is how quick his deduction making is - he’s eying up the possibility a split second before he receives the ball. Class.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Great Goal by by Dundee's Shankland. on 13:17 - Jan 16 with 691 viewsAnotherJohn

Could I suggest that AFD refrains from setting foot in the City of Discovery for a bit? The Arabs will not be pleased to hear him describe Shankland as a Bluenose. Of course, he plays for United!

While exiled in Dundee many years ago I enjoyed the Jim McLean era (he sadly died earlier this month), and I still try to watch United's games on IPTV when they don't clash with the Swans. This was indeed a fantastic goal, but Shankland has struggled for form since an injury. Of course, the Swans thought about signing him a while ago, but I'm not convinced that he would do well in the Championship.
[Post edited 16 Jan 2021 13:19]
Great Goal by by Dundee's Shankland. on 16:59 - Jan 16 with 660 viewsAnotherJohn

Back to his recent form in the 0-0 draw with Accies today. He had a few nice touches but did not look like scoring.
[Post edited 16 Jan 2021 19:16]
Great Goal by by Dundee's Shankland. on 17:45 - Jan 16 with 644 viewstrampie

It's not Dundee's it's Dundee United's big difference.

Anyway if the price is right, sign him up.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024