Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Midfield 22:41 - Mar 3 with 1709 viewsGeoffThom

Our midfield looked far more balanced tonight thought Smith had a good game
Midfield on 22:43 - Mar 3 with 1696 views34dfgdf54

Cooper brought Hourihane on at right time. Managed it very well.
Midfield on 22:44 - Mar 3 with 1699 viewsFireboy2

Definitely, they grew into the first half after the disastrous start but then struggled after they changed formation in the second, took the substitution of lowe for hourihane to get us back into it.

And what do we think at hourihane playing at no 10?
Midfield on 22:49 - Mar 3 with 1665 viewsjackrabbit

Midfield on 22:44 - Mar 3 by Fireboy2

Definitely, they grew into the first half after the disastrous start but then struggled after they changed formation in the second, took the substitution of lowe for hourihane to get us back into it.

And what do we think at hourihane playing at no 10?

He’ll contribute more than Lowe does currently. Lowe offers very little. At least Ayew is worth his weight in gold in defence from set pieces...and for late penalties! Seriously though we have very little up front in attack. We could with a Toney or Pukki.
Midfield on 23:11 - Mar 3 with 1613 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Fulton had a cracking game.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Midfield on 23:17 - Mar 3 with 1600 views34dfgdf54

Midfield on 22:49 - Mar 3 by jackrabbit

He’ll contribute more than Lowe does currently. Lowe offers very little. At least Ayew is worth his weight in gold in defence from set pieces...and for late penalties! Seriously though we have very little up front in attack. We could with a Toney or Pukki.

Yeah agreed.

Still certain we should be seeing more of Ariolla though. The Morris injury is a killer!
Midfield on 23:40 - Mar 3 with 1578 viewsLittleEnglandJack

Midfield on 23:11 - Mar 3 by Joe_bradshaw

Yes, he was immense. Him and Manning as close contenders behind Roberts for MOTM. Excellent work breaking up play and winning the ball back for us, some of his tackling was top class. I recall one moment where he slid in at the edge of their box after a corner to break up a nailed on counter and then kept the ball ticking toward their goal.

Positive with the ball at his feet too, prepared to try and run his man, try inventive little balls and more than tidy distribution.

Can't believe he hasn't got a Scotland cap, I really rate him.
Midfield on 00:02 - Mar 4 with 1552 viewsKeithHaynes

I’m glad Cooper is reading the site, Hourihane added a lot a bit further forwards with Ayew.
Only one winner after that sub was made.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Midfield on 00:30 - Mar 4 with 1536 viewsNotLoyal

Midfield on 23:11 - Mar 3 by Joe_bradshaw

I thought he and Smith were match winners.

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Login to get fewer ads

Midfield on 00:38 - Mar 4 with 1523 viewsonehunglow

Midfield on 23:17 - Mar 3 by 34dfgdf54

Yeah agreed.

Still certain we should be seeing more of Ariolla though. The Morris injury is a killer!

Makes you wonder why we bothered bringing him in.

Hoodie looked better but only played 20 mins.

Lowe is shot to pieces

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Midfield on 07:53 - Mar 4 with 1431 viewsThornburyswan

Agree our midfield 3 last night gave us a better base & ball control plus it allowed both Roberts & Manning to push further up when we had the ball to both create & get on the end of chances.

For me Ayew offers too much in both boxes to be dropped/rested which leaves Lowe as our only conundrum - he does offer much needed pace on the counter attack but is woefully out of form right now so for me should be benched for Saturday.

That gives us 4 options, Hourihane as last night, Arriola if acclimatised yet, Dhanda behind Ayew or Whittaker up top with him. Not sure Hourihane suits a full on 90 mins - particularly on a Saturday/Wednesday/Saturday schedule - but he adds experience & a clear set piece goal threat.

Tough call but think I’d be starting Hourihane on Saturday but with a strategy of give him a message of ‘you’re getting 60 minutes so give it 100% from the get go’ (he should be an experienced enough pro to understand that) & then bring on Arriola, Dhanda or Whittaker based on the game situation & ‘Boro’s set-up in the second half.
Midfield on 09:05 - Mar 4 with 1355 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Midfield on 23:40 - Mar 3 by LittleEnglandJack

Yes, he was immense. Him and Manning as close contenders behind Roberts for MOTM. Excellent work breaking up play and winning the ball back for us, some of his tackling was top class. I recall one moment where he slid in at the edge of their box after a corner to break up a nailed on counter and then kept the ball ticking toward their goal.

Positive with the ball at his feet too, prepared to try and run his man, try inventive little balls and more than tidy distribution.

Can't believe he hasn't got a Scotland cap, I really rate him.

Absolutely mate, Manning and Fulton a fraction behind CR for MOTM.
The Fulton /Smith/ Grimes axis is definitely our best Midfield. They were reacquainting themselves last night so will get better and better. CH starting and Lowe finishing or even Whitaker .

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024