Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Corona virus in Swansea 17:56 - Mar 31 with 797 viewsexhmrc1

Here is a message from our Health Board

URGENT: Families are being warned to keep to the rules this Easter after it’s emerged that over a quarter of current Swansea Covid-19 cases have been traced to a number of household gatherings in the north of the city.
At least 50 new positive cases out of a total of 185 reported across the city last week have been linked to people who attended the indoor get-togethers in the Clase area.
As well as partying indoors, some people have been regularly popping in and out of each other’s homes, driving infection rates up.
The Clase gatherings have now resulted in Covid spreading across a wider Swansea area. Two large clusters of Covid cases identified, along with three small family clusters and four schools have been affected.
Investigations are continuing and more cases may be found.
People are being urged to get tested if they have a temperature, new cough, loss of taste or smell or any flu-like symptom, including headaches and fatigue, or symptoms which are unusual for them.
It comes shortly after another household gathering in Briton Ferry led to 23 people testing positive for Covid-19.
Covid-19 case rates have been going in the wrong direction in Swansea Bay over the last couple of weeks. The Swansea figures are now standing at 71.7 per 100,000 population, and in Neath Port Talbot they’re 65.6 cases per 100,000.
That’s an 18% increase in Swansea Bay over the last seven days, and higher than the Wales average of 40.6 cases per 100,000.
Swansea Bay University Health Board Director of Public Health, Dr Keith Reid, said he was extremely disappointed that some people were still not getting the message about social distancing. He said:
“To be crystal clear, it is against the current rules to invite people into your home for a party, a cuppa, or any social get together.
“You might think it’s harmless, but it’s not. These incidents in Clase and Briton Ferry just go to show how indoor gatherings can quickly escalate into scores of people catching the virus.
“The virus loves physical close contact, and it circulates much easier indoors because there’s no fresh air to blow it away.
“If you invite family and friends over for a party or a coffee in your home, there’s a big chance the virus will gate-crash.
“Everyone might seem perfectly healthy, but remember that this is a sneaky virus. In many cases an infected person has no symptoms at all and is blissfully unaware that the welcome hug they just gave you also gave you Covid.”
Dr Reid said that with families naturally wanting to meet up over Easter, it was important to hold any catch ups out of doors, in gardens or parks, etc., and to stick to social distancing rules.
Six people from two households (carers and children under 11 not counted) are now allowed to meet outdoors, but they should still keep two-metres apart.
He added: “With a dry weather forecast for Easter, just wrap up warmly if it’s a bit chilly, and enjoy a get-together in the fresh air.
“Be safe in the knowledge that if you stick to the rules you can still enjoy the company of your loved ones, but with minimal risks.
“The last thing anyone wants is to find out after a party that a family member has become seriously ill, or passed on the virus to someone else who may become unwell or worse. It’s just not worth it.”
Please share this important message.
Corona virus in Swansea on 18:05 - Mar 31 with 778 viewsKeithHaynes

And pick up your litter !

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Corona virus in Swansea on 18:14 - Mar 31 with 764 viewsonehunglow

Sadly,people do not a monkey' s give.
It seems the "poor" "deprived" areas and cities are those most affected.
We are literally killing ourselves and continue to act like morons and at the same time,denying the efficacy of the vaccine.
And it's not drink related .

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Corona virus in Swansea on 23:15 - Mar 31 with 661 viewsKilkennyjack

Corona virus in Swansea on 18:14 - Mar 31 by onehunglow

Sadly,people do not a monkey' s give.
It seems the "poor" "deprived" areas and cities are those most affected.
We are literally killing ourselves and continue to act like morons and at the same time,denying the efficacy of the vaccine.
And it's not drink related .

You live near Liverpool.

Beware of the Risen People

Corona virus in Swansea on 02:00 - Apr 2 with 497 viewsJack123

I smell a load of BS! from that advice.

They are not correlating any reports of fines dished out in those areas, I have looked through SWP twitter, can't find anything!! It's normally all over WOL if there's a few people partying.

Down to people partying and popping in for a coffee, ha ha

libera nos a malo

Corona virus in Swansea on 06:54 - Apr 2 with 468 viewsTreforys_Jack

Corona virus in Swansea on 02:00 - Apr 2 by Jack123

They are not correlating any reports of fines dished out in those areas, I have looked through SWP twitter, can't find anything!! It's normally all over WOL if there's a few people partying.

That's because it's through trace and trace not the old bill breaking up parties.
Corona virus in Swansea on 07:54 - Apr 2 with 450 viewsBrynmill_Jack

If true I’d expect a full blown expose on “Swansea the covid capital of Wales” with reporters hanging around the wildfowler chemical suits on watching a bare chested man getting tazered by police on the roundabout

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Corona virus in Swansea on 09:46 - Apr 2 with 416 viewsexhmrc1

It was on WOL the other day 50 of the cases in Swansea arose from lack of rules being followed in Clase. 23 out of 42 who attended a party in Briton Ferry got infected and there is currently concern over the mixing in Resolven which has suddenly jumped. It is also a fact that the rates have doubled in Swansea and Neath Port Talbot over the last 2 weeks whist dropping throughout the rest of Wales. What reason do you have for that. They are now 3rd and 4th highest areas in Wales despite being amongst the lowest a few weeks ago.

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales-news/coronavirus-swansea-clase-cases-pa

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales-news/neath-valley-resolven-coronavirus-
Corona virus in Swansea on 10:06 - Apr 2 with 395 viewsmajorraglan

It’s come from information built up from track and trace calls. The track and trace people won’t report the breaches to the police because once that starts to happen people won’t engage with the T&T and everything will spiral downwards.
Login to get fewer ads

Corona virus in Swansea on 10:13 - Apr 2 with 389 viewsonehunglow

Young bloods need to wise up or they'll kill each other.
Looking around at the "gatherings",seems they're looking like lemmings

Corona virus in Swansea on 10:44 - Apr 2 with 385 viewsexhmrc1

Corona virus in Swansea on 10:06 - Apr 2 by majorraglan

It’s come from information built up from track and trace calls. The track and trace people won’t report the breaches to the police because once that starts to happen people won’t engage with the T&T and everything will spiral downwards.

They also have to protect confidentiality I suspect
Corona virus in Swansea on 11:07 - Apr 2 with 368 viewsonehunglow

Corona virus in Swansea on 10:44 - Apr 2 by exhmrc1

They also have to protect confidentiality I suspect

"confidentially " I d rather live myself.
People can know all they want about me.
It's like vaccine passports.

Human Rights -are about the right to live rather than die when there is a clear choice.

Corona virus in Swansea on 11:32 - Apr 2 with 358 viewsJack123

Corona virus in Swansea on 06:54 - Apr 2 by Treforys_Jack

That's because it's through trace and trace not the old bill breaking up parties.

Ta. It never even crossed my mind about track and trace, completely forgot about that! Strange though, I would have thought people who use track and trace, would be more likely to follow the rules!

I have not got the app, but I have not gone into another household.
[Post edited 2 Apr 2021 11:33]

libera nos a malo

Corona virus in Swansea on 12:10 - Apr 2 with 342 viewshobo

Corona virus in Swansea on 11:07 - Apr 2 by onehunglow

"confidentially " I d rather live myself.
People can know all they want about me.
It's like vaccine passports.

Human Rights -are about the right to live rather than die when there is a clear choice.

You're spot on about preferring to live.

But living isn't keeping yourself hidden away at home. It's about being free, enjoying yourself, meeting people, discovering new places
Corona virus in Swansea on 12:17 - Apr 2 with 338 viewsCatullus

Corona virus in Swansea on 12:10 - Apr 2 by hobo

You're spot on about preferring to live.

But living isn't keeping yourself hidden away at home. It's about being free, enjoying yourself, meeting people, discovering new places

I agree with you about what living is and what we've been doing this past year is only existing BUT unless younger people are more than happy to cause widespread serious illness and deaths of loved ones, unless younger people want another lockdown they need to screw their heads on tight and do as they're asked.

If the virus numbers go high enough there WILL be another national lockdown and who wants that?

I'd rather have to wear masks and distance than face more months of lockdown. I think it's entirely stupid to say otherwise.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Corona virus in Swansea on 12:27 - Apr 2 with 335 viewsexhmrc1

Corona virus in Swansea on 11:32 - Apr 2 by Jack123

Ta. It never even crossed my mind about track and trace, completely forgot about that! Strange though, I would have thought people who use track and trace, would be more likely to follow the rules!

I have not got the app, but I have not gone into another household.
[Post edited 2 Apr 2021 11:33]

Track and Trace staff will be acting under the same rules civil servants and health staff operate. You cannot disclose anything due to taxpayer or patient confidentiality. I know some of my former colleagues are working for track and trace and will be fully aware of the need to keep a customers affairs confidential. It wouldnt be right for someone telling people you have covid just like if you had cancer.

You seem under a misapprehension of what happens with track and trace. The people found positive are contacted by track and trace to find out who their close contacts have been. They then contact those named advising them to self isolate. It isnt just about the app. That is only part of it. They dont tell you who you have been in contact with due to confidentiality.

The problem is many havent been following the rules. This is largely in younger age groups who havent yet been vaccinated and in small clusters that are causing the rises in Swansea and Neath Port Talbot as against the drops elsewhere in Wales.

The police and WOL have been publicising what has happened but not the individuals concerned.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024