Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Freedom Day 11:14 - Jun 22 with 481 viewsRonaldStump

If you genuinely believe this is happening you are madder than a box of frogs.
Whilst the politicians, rich and famous can lord it over the world and travel where they want without quarantine, there are people being denied access to see family members who are on their death beds.

The more they can get away with the more they will take and still some still just can't see it.
Absolutely crazy times

(He She Him)

Freedom Day on 11:48 - Jun 22 with 453 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

If you look around the World and Europe in particular, we are seeing different levels of restriction in countries with similar infection rates and hospitalisations. Johnson says things are stabilising and Drakeford says the third wave could be bigger than the second wave.
Any consistency there was is disappearing and people will ignore mixed messages.

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

Freedom Day on 11:52 - Jun 22 with 448 viewsYrAlarch

The issue is that Johnson has been full of hyperbole and had to u-turn on a number of occasions, whereas drakeford has been more considered. At the present I would predict that Johnson will have to revise his July 19 deadline for England.
Freedom Day on 13:15 - Jun 22 with 427 viewsProfessor

Freedom Day on 11:52 - Jun 22 by YrAlarch

The issue is that Johnson has been full of hyperbole and had to u-turn on a number of occasions, whereas drakeford has been more considered. At the present I would predict that Johnson will have to revise his July 19 deadline for England.

I don't think he will. Too much political will to have his big day. You can spin the data either way to carry on with, or even increase, restrictions or to reduce them. Easing will increase cases, but it looks like vaccination is breaking the link between infection and serious disease and the rate of increase in Delta is slowing. I personally would wait.

Drakeford has been more considered and consistent of all the leaders, but lacks charisma.
Freedom Day on 14:47 - Jun 22 with 404 viewsCatullus

You can take my ice cream, you can take my hair, you've taken my sanity but you'll never take my FREEDOM.....

wibble

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Freedom Day on 15:18 - Jun 22 with 387 viewsWhiterockin

Freedom Day on 11:52 - Jun 22 by YrAlarch

If you travel through England it is pretty much fully open now. Things will open officially on July 19th and TBH I really can't see another lockdown coming, the public will just ignore it, businesses if forced to close would throw in the towel and not open again and we would have mass unemployment. The vaccine is doing its job, hospitalisations are reasonably low as is the death rate. Drakeford can say what he likes when England end restrictions he will have to as well or the Welsh people will ignore him.
Freedom Day on 15:30 - Jun 22 with 366 viewsYrAlarch

Freedom Day on 15:18 - Jun 22 by Whiterockin

If you travel through England it is pretty much fully open now. Things will open officially on July 19th and TBH I really can't see another lockdown coming, the public will just ignore it, businesses if forced to close would throw in the towel and not open again and we would have mass unemployment. The vaccine is doing its job, hospitalisations are reasonably low as is the death rate. Drakeford can say what he likes when England end restrictions he will have to as well or the Welsh people will ignore him.

I take on board what you say regarding a further lockdown and the potential impact. Despite my pessimism I truly hope July 19 will happen for England and I think then Drakeford, will have no choice but to follow.
Freedom Day on 15:48 - Jun 22 with 349 viewsWhiterockin

Freedom Day on 15:30 - Jun 22 by YrAlarch

I take on board what you say regarding a further lockdown and the potential impact. Despite my pessimism I truly hope July 19 will happen for England and I think then Drakeford, will have no choice but to follow.

He will have to. He can refuse to open things but his current support will disappear, as for stopping families meet and similar rules, these are already being ignored. Those who say get the police to enforce the rules, that stopped months ago.
Freedom Day on 15:53 - Jun 22 with 340 viewsScotia

Freedom Day on 15:30 - Jun 22 by YrAlarch

This reopening is making a mockery of having different restrictions across the UK.

The devolved adminstrations were clearly justifying their existence.

I see Sturgeon has now moved the Scottish move to level 0 to July 19th, Welsh Government announced on Friday our opening was delayed until mid July. I wonder when we'll move to similar restrictions. I'm thinking July 19th for some reason?
Login to get fewer ads

Freedom Day on 19:27 - Jun 22 with 268 viewsonehunglow

It shows clearly that this island lacks basic unity and guts.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024