Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
54,000 HGV Applications at the DVLA? 13:26 - Sep 27 with 1539 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-58707455

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

54,000 HGV Applications at the DVLA? on 06:24 - Sep 30 with 1382 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Over 64,000 HGV application and renewals in DVLA queue now an increase of 2,000 in a week. You would think the management at the DVLA would make clearing this backlog a priority. They should be working Saturdays and Sundays and allocate more staff to this work until they can get back to a 7 day turn around of these applications.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

54,000 HGV Applications at the DVLA? on 08:03 - Sep 30 with 1357 viewsDr_Winston

There is a recruitment exercise currently underway there. Does seem like they've dropped the ball a bit though.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

54,000 HGV Applications at the DVLA? on 11:11 - Sep 30 with 1313 viewsmajorraglan

The backlog needs sorting ASAP.

The DVLA is a part of the Ministry Of Transport and as Grant Shapps is the Minster for Transport he is ultimately responsible. Given all the warnings the Government have had about a shortfall in HGV drivers I’d have thought it would have been on a National Risk Register and subject of much scrutiny - sadly that doesn’t seem to be the case.

I agree it needs sorting, if they need staff to work weekends I’d have thought thee financial implications and budgetary issues which Shapps will need to address, if there are issues about accommodating staff to ensure safe systems of work to prevent the spread of Covid etc then you’d hope that by now staff would have the ability to log on and work from home. If that’s not the case, then questions need to be asked.
54,000 HGV Applications at the DVLA? on 12:12 - Sep 30 with 1293 viewsfelixstowe_jack

54,000 HGV Applications at the DVLA? on 11:11 - Sep 30 by majorraglan

The backlog needs sorting ASAP.

The DVLA is a part of the Ministry Of Transport and as Grant Shapps is the Minster for Transport he is ultimately responsible. Given all the warnings the Government have had about a shortfall in HGV drivers I’d have thought it would have been on a National Risk Register and subject of much scrutiny - sadly that doesn’t seem to be the case.

I agree it needs sorting, if they need staff to work weekends I’d have thought thee financial implications and budgetary issues which Shapps will need to address, if there are issues about accommodating staff to ensure safe systems of work to prevent the spread of Covid etc then you’d hope that by now staff would have the ability to log on and work from home. If that’s not the case, then questions need to be asked.

They get all the money they need from the huge fees they charge motorist. They should be doing the job they are paid for. It is down to their management to sort it out.

Strange how shops, online delivery companies have managed during the pandemic, perhaps they are better managed.

54,000 HGV Applications at the DVLA? on 15:08 - Sep 30 with 1240 viewspikeypaul

The unions up there have done everything in their powers to try to feck up the country the last 18 months.

No one up there is prepared to get within 2 meters of another worker, but on a Saturday happier enough to get smashed on wind street with a few thousand pi ss heads.

OUT AFLI SUCK IT UP REMOANER LOSERS 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧
Poll: Where wil Judas be sitting when we play Millwall?

54,000 HGV Applications at the DVLA? on 18:26 - Sep 30 with 1212 views73__73

You fail in life, you probably end up working for the DVLA.
Lazy bunch of b@stards.

Poll: Should Swansea expand its concourses, to accommodate fans of big clubs

54,000 HGV Applications at the DVLA? on 18:39 - Sep 30 with 1201 viewsCountyJim

Got my HGV in 16 lately been getting calls and texts asking me to go back I'm not happy someone giving out my details
54,000 HGV Applications at the DVLA? on 20:33 - Sep 30 with 1175 viewsDr_Winston

By the sounds of it the current chief executive is not held in the highest regard by anyone.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Login to get fewer ads

54,000 HGV Applications at the DVLA? on 07:44 - Oct 1 with 1100 viewsfelixstowe_jack

54,000 HGV Applications at the DVLA? on 20:33 - Sep 30 by Dr_Winston

By the sounds of it the current chief executive is not held in the highest regard by anyone.

Perhaps they should recruit from outside industry. Typical of civil service like government departments they are run for the benefit of staff not the actual paying customers.

54,000 HGV Applications at the DVLA? on 09:59 - Oct 1 with 1066 viewsmajorraglan

54,000 HGV Applications at the DVLA? on 07:44 - Oct 1 by felixstowe_jack

Perhaps they should recruit from outside industry. Typical of civil service like government departments they are run for the benefit of staff not the actual paying customers.

She has non government experience and previously worked in the private sector.
[Post edited 1 Oct 2021 9:59]
54,000 HGV Applications at the DVLA? on 18:31 - Oct 1 with 1013 viewsItchySphincter

54,000 HGV Applications at the DVLA? on 06:24 - Sep 30 by felixstowe_jack

Over 64,000 HGV application and renewals in DVLA queue now an increase of 2,000 in a week. You would think the management at the DVLA would make clearing this backlog a priority. They should be working Saturdays and Sundays and allocate more staff to this work until they can get back to a 7 day turn around of these applications.

The management at the DVLA are your Brexit Tory boys. Maybe instead of blaming the staff who are under huge pressure and the strains of life as it is at the moment ask why they’re so undervalued. Look at your choices.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

54,000 HGV Applications at the DVLA? on 08:17 - Oct 3 with 940 viewscontroversial_jack

I wonder how many of those applications are from women?
54,000 HGV Applications at the DVLA? on 09:37 - Oct 3 with 903 viewsDr_Winston

54,000 HGV Applications at the DVLA? on 18:31 - Oct 1 by ItchySphincter

The management at the DVLA are your Brexit Tory boys. Maybe instead of blaming the staff who are under huge pressure and the strains of life as it is at the moment ask why they’re so undervalued. Look at your choices.

One of the senior DVLA managers used to be my boss many moons ago. "Brexit Tory Boy" is about as wide of the mark as it's possible to get, unless he's had a bit of a turnaround politically.

54,000 HGV Applications at the DVLA? on 10:26 - Oct 3 with 870 viewsItchySphincter

54,000 HGV Applications at the DVLA? on 09:37 - Oct 3 by Dr_Winston

One of the senior DVLA managers used to be my boss many moons ago. "Brexit Tory Boy" is about as wide of the mark as it's possible to get, unless he's had a bit of a turnaround politically.

I didn’t mean local management.

It’s a government agency, part if the Department For Transport.

Schapps.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

54,000 HGV Applications at the DVLA? on 19:07 - Oct 3 with 813 views73__73

54,000 HGV Applications at the DVLA? on 10:26 - Oct 3 by ItchySphincter

I didn’t mean local management.

It’s a government agency, part if the Department For Transport.

Schapps.

I don’t think you even know what you are talking about.
Brexit has obviously had an traumatic effect on you.
There is help out there, and remember, it’s ok, not to be ok.

Poll: Should Swansea expand its concourses, to accommodate fans of big clubs

54,000 HGV Applications at the DVLA? on 19:12 - Oct 3 with 804 viewstrampie

54,000 HGV Applications at the DVLA? on 09:37 - Oct 3 by Dr_Winston

But was the manager a unionist as in GSTQ and a UK unionist ?
[Post edited 3 Oct 2021 20:06]

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

54,000 HGV Applications at the DVLA? on 22:45 - Oct 3 with 758 viewsDJack

54,000 HGV Applications at the DVLA? on 19:07 - Oct 3 by 73__73

I don’t think you even know what you are talking about.
Brexit has obviously had an traumatic effect on you.
There is help out there, and remember, it’s ok, not to be ok.

So a word salad devoid of facts from you...again.

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024