Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Jordan Garrick update 12:27 - Oct 18 with 998 viewsKeithHaynes

Garrick said after scoring on Saturday. “ I'm just happy to be here. I'm loving football at the moment. I love playing men's football, learning new things.

"I like being in new environments, new places. I have only been here two months now and it has taught me a lot.

"Even if I was to go back to Swansea in January I would be a better player than when I left but hopefully I can see the season out and we can go far, and see where this journey is going to take us."

Garrick had previously started games as a wing-back for Argyle before the trip to Oxford, although he had been used up front as a substitute.

It was tough going for him physically at times at Oxford, up against defenders Elliott Moore and Jordan Thorniley, but his pace and ability to run in behind them meant he caused them plenty of problems.

Garrick said: "It's an experience when you are coming up against these big centre-backs. All they want to do is fight you, that's not really my game.

"I'm not really that kind of striker that will fight you all game, but I take everything in my stride. It's something I need to work on.

"If I want to play at higher levels I have to be able to cope with stuff like that so I think it's a good stepping stone for the next performance when I do get on up there."

Garrick's attacking instincts served him well when he equalised for Argyle in the 11th minute, beating Oxford 'keeper Jack Stevens with an angled shot into the far corner of the net.

Left wing-back Conor Grant played a pass towards striker Luke Jephcott, who touched it outside and into the path of Garrick.

He moved into the penalty area before cutting inside Moore and then came up with a composed finish before celebrating with his team-mates.

Garrick said: "It's stuff that we work on. I knew my strength was running behind them. The manager told me that before the game.

"As soon as Conor got the ball I knew what I was going to do, I knew in my head how it was going to play out. I think it's probably the first time I have ever thought two passes ahead!

"I knew once I got him (Moore) one v one and he was stood in the box, that's the worst position you can be in as a defender because he can't touch me really.

"When I got past him, I practice that kind of finishing every day. That's my bread and butter as a finisher. As soon as I got in that position I knew I was going to score.

"I was that confident in my ability, and I know my team is that confident when I get in those positions I will do what I have to do."

Garrick not only scored Argyle's equaliser but his unselfishness allowed midfielder Panutche Camara to get his two goals later in the game.

The first time he made a dummy run as Camara received a pass from Jephcott, the second he let the ball run across him to the midfielder, who fired high into the air to make it 3-1 in the 84th minute.

Garrick said: "I was aware that Pan was there both times and he had a better shot than me.

"As greedy as I am as a striker, I know you have got to be a bit unselfish for the team. If you don't put them in then I'm going to be on his case, but he put them in so it's alright!

"Everything is good, I'm happy for him that he scored. He has been working hard as well on his finishing and his positioning to score goals."

The win against Oxford extended Argyle's unbeaten league to 12 games and kept them at the top of the table on goal difference from second-placed Wycombe Wanderers, with Wigan Athletic and Sunderland a point behind them both.

Garrick said: "I don't really focus on league positions. When you get caught up in that you start to lose focus a bit.

"It's nice to go to places and they are thinking 'These are top of the league, we want to beat them' because then it gives us that extra bit of momentum."

He added: "It's definitely better than the bottom of the league, I will tell you that for free."

Garrick and his Argyle team-mates could celebrate their victory over Oxford in front of an 1,800-strong travelling Green Army at the Kassam Stadium.

That is another aspect of playing for the Pilgrims that the Swansea loan signing very much appreciates.

Garrick said: "It's ridiculous. I know it's not the furthest journey, but it's the same everywhere we go. They were still there in force. "You come out for the warm up and there's only a few there, then you come out for kick-off and it's like 'Woah, where did all these come from?'

"It's fantastic. I can't thank them enough. They get behind me and they get behind the players. They are brilliant, honestly."

This post has been edited by an administrator

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Would you like to appear here as a Welsh football writer?

0
Jordan Garrick update on 12:53 - Oct 18 with 939 viewsReslovenSwan1

Player grading Plymouth Live:

Jordon Garrick 8 - What a relevation he was in his first start as a striker for the Pilgrims, after previously playing in both wing-back positions. Scored his first goal for Argyle with a fine finish in the 11th minute after cutting inside Jordan Thorniley. His pace to run in behind the Oxford defence was a constant threat.

This player is fast, has good dribbling skills, getting stronger can score and keen to learn. 6ft plus. No evidence of heading ability. Has played both wing back positions and striker for PA and winger for Swansea. He will come back to Swansea with 60 games under his belt and under contract. Let him develop at Plymouth. I would send out Brandon Cooper, Whittaker and Cullen in January.

Wise sage since Toshack era
Poll: Do Swansea city have enough centre backs?

0
Jordan Garrick update on 13:32 - Oct 18 with 882 viewsonehunglow

Jordan Garrick update on 12:53 - Oct 18 by ReslovenSwan1

Player grading Plymouth Live:

Jordon Garrick 8 - What a relevation he was in his first start as a striker for the Pilgrims, after previously playing in both wing-back positions. Scored his first goal for Argyle with a fine finish in the 11th minute after cutting inside Jordan Thorniley. His pace to run in behind the Oxford defence was a constant threat.

This player is fast, has good dribbling skills, getting stronger can score and keen to learn. 6ft plus. No evidence of heading ability. Has played both wing back positions and striker for PA and winger for Swansea. He will come back to Swansea with 60 games under his belt and under contract. Let him develop at Plymouth. I would send out Brandon Cooper, Whittaker and Cullen in January.


I like this lad and would have rather kept him.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

0
Jordan Garrick update on 13:42 - Oct 18 with 874 viewsjasper_T

Jordan Garrick update on 12:53 - Oct 18 by ReslovenSwan1

Player grading Plymouth Live:

Jordon Garrick 8 - What a relevation he was in his first start as a striker for the Pilgrims, after previously playing in both wing-back positions. Scored his first goal for Argyle with a fine finish in the 11th minute after cutting inside Jordan Thorniley. His pace to run in behind the Oxford defence was a constant threat.

This player is fast, has good dribbling skills, getting stronger can score and keen to learn. 6ft plus. No evidence of heading ability. Has played both wing back positions and striker for PA and winger for Swansea. He will come back to Swansea with 60 games under his belt and under contract. Let him develop at Plymouth. I would send out Brandon Cooper, Whittaker and Cullen in January.


Does look like Cooper and Whittaker need to go out if they want to play football. Dan Williams as well.

Don't think international duty has helped some players chances to break in.
0
Jordan Garrick update on 20:19 - Oct 18 with 698 viewsbuilthjack

He is 23. Has to step up soon. Hope he does.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

0
Jordan Garrick update on 20:30 - Oct 18 with 682 viewsKeithHaynes

Jordan Garrick update on 13:32 - Oct 18 by onehunglow

I like this lad and would have rather kept him.


I’ve got a sneaking suspicion we would take 250k for him in January.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Would you like to appear here as a Welsh football writer?

0
Jordan Garrick update on 21:17 - Oct 18 with 631 viewsReslovenSwan1

He has pace and can cover 4 positions. In the Swansea team currently only Liard can shift. Obafemi is reportedly quick also. Judge a player once they have 60-80 games under their belt. Early decisions can backfire. Piroe is an example of this.

Wise sage since Toshack era
Poll: Do Swansea city have enough centre backs?

1
Jordan Garrick update on 21:33 - Oct 18 with 620 viewsmax936

Lets have him back and see what he can do, maybe alongside Piroe, Obafemi, seems to be suffering recurrent injuries, broke down before the game yesterday, so how long is he gonna be out again, suffered a bad injury just before he was due here, were we right to still chase him, it's a tough call and teams like us probably have to take the risk.

Still only 20, still growing still getting stronger, some fast players do suffer these injuries other's manage to avoid them, maybe it's in their genetic make, where as other young fast player don't suffer the same injuries, maybe it's the way they train stretch etc, who knows.

There must be a solution, then again injuries plagued many young players, Sturridge is one.
0
Jordan Garrick update on 22:02 - Oct 18 with 588 viewsReslovenSwan1

Jordan Garrick update on 21:33 - Oct 18 by max936

Lets have him back and see what he can do, maybe alongside Piroe, Obafemi, seems to be suffering recurrent injuries, broke down before the game yesterday, so how long is he gonna be out again, suffered a bad injury just before he was due here, were we right to still chase him, it's a tough call and teams like us probably have to take the risk.

Still only 20, still growing still getting stronger, some fast players do suffer these injuries other's manage to avoid them, maybe it's in their genetic make, where as other young fast player don't suffer the same injuries, maybe it's the way they train stretch etc, who knows.

There must be a solution, then again injuries plagued many young players, Sturridge is one.


Garrick himself was plagued by muscle injuries but he has had a good spell at Swindon and no injuries this season. Pace merchants are probably more prone to these injuries allegedly. I prefer Swansea to have express pace. The James 6 months in 2018-2019 was great. Routledge Dyer and Sinclair were great in the golden 3 year spell 2012-2015.

Wise sage since Toshack era
Poll: Do Swansea city have enough centre backs?

0
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Online Safety Advertising
© FansNetwork 2026