Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Russell Martin confirms players will leave Swansea City 06:55 - May 7 with 806 viewsSwansIndependent


Russell Martin confirms players will leave Swansea City 7th May 2022 06:53
In three weeks time clubs will be able to negotiate and accept offers for players, that’s how short the closed season is. One club expecting a number of offers are Swansea City. And manager Russell Martin has spoken of the inevitable fact players will leave. 0




Players leaving confirmed, click above.
Posters bleating, click below.


This post has been edited by an administrator
0
Russell Martin confirms players will leave Swansea City on 08:51 - May 7 with 689 viewsWhiterockin

"We’ll be ready for whatever happens," he added. "If players leave, we are ready. We have a succession plan for every position and every single player and that’s why we can stay calm amidst the noise and drama of the transfer window. If we are going to be a player trading club, let’s get it right, we spent not much money on Joel and Flynn and now they’re worth a lot. For the owners, it makes financial sense to allow us to have a little bit of money to try and do the same again."

For those continually bringing up the amount we have spent this season should bear this in mind. Previous seasons we added value to other teams players this season we have added value to ours.
0
Russell Martin confirms players will leave Swansea City on 10:04 - May 7 with 622 viewsmagicdaps10

This is standard, people should understand or atleast accept this.

This is why I have not made any judgement on expecting too much next season and have held my ground in and around mid table as it could easily go either way.....recruitment is key to replace who leaves, I personally am thinking that the best for us would be the sale of Piroe at the best possible price(hopefully around 10M).
The issue is, other clubs come in for our other better players and the issue is forced by the guying club and/or the player they want.

We are in a lucky position where we have a handful of very saleable assets, imagine if that were not the case!?

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

0
Russell Martin confirms players will leave Swansea City on 10:53 - May 7 with 579 viewsmax936

Russell Martin confirms players will leave Swansea City on 10:04 - May 7 by magicdaps10

This is standard, people should understand or atleast accept this.

This is why I have not made any judgement on expecting too much next season and have held my ground in and around mid table as it could easily go either way.....recruitment is key to replace who leaves, I personally am thinking that the best for us would be the sale of Piroe at the best possible price(hopefully around 10M).
The issue is, other clubs come in for our other better players and the issue is forced by the guying club and/or the player they want.

We are in a lucky position where we have a handful of very saleable assets, imagine if that were not the case!?


Selling our best players each season and expecting to bring players in to again recycle isn't always gonna work and to make a decent fist of the battle to get back into the premiership, we need to keep as many of our better players to keep some continuity in our play. IMHO.
1
Russell Martin confirms players will leave Swansea City on 11:15 - May 7 with 553 viewsDr_Parnassus

Russell Martin confirms players will leave Swansea City on 10:04 - May 7 by magicdaps10

This is standard, people should understand or atleast accept this.

This is why I have not made any judgement on expecting too much next season and have held my ground in and around mid table as it could easily go either way.....recruitment is key to replace who leaves, I personally am thinking that the best for us would be the sale of Piroe at the best possible price(hopefully around 10M).
The issue is, other clubs come in for our other better players and the issue is forced by the guying club and/or the player they want.

We are in a lucky position where we have a handful of very saleable assets, imagine if that were not the case!?


It's like you think players leaving is a new phenomenon.

What was all this transition stuff about then if you are expecting relatively similar next season?

I told you this exact scenario at the time, I will dig it out later.

I said by that stroke; we will lose players every year, and as a result every year becomes one of ''rebuilding and transition'' where we ''shouldn't have any expectations''.

I don't remember you making the point that we lost McBurnie, James, VdH and Fer from Potters season and as a reason not to expect too much other than a mid table finish from Cooper in his first season? I think you have actually remarked as quite the opposite.

I also don't remember you making the point that we lost Rodon, Celina, VdH, Brewster and Gallagher as to why we should not expect too much in Cooper's second season other than a mid table finish? Again you remarked the opposite.

Why does losing players only seem to affect Russell Martin? (even when we are only expecting to lose one) - It's almost like its a different set of rules depending on who is in charge....
[Post edited 7 May 2022 11:19]

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

0
Russell Martin confirms players will leave Swansea City on 11:35 - May 7 with 526 viewsBoundy

Russell Martin confirms players will leave Swansea City on 11:15 - May 7 by Dr_Parnassus

It's like you think players leaving is a new phenomenon.

What was all this transition stuff about then if you are expecting relatively similar next season?

I told you this exact scenario at the time, I will dig it out later.

I said by that stroke; we will lose players every year, and as a result every year becomes one of ''rebuilding and transition'' where we ''shouldn't have any expectations''.

I don't remember you making the point that we lost McBurnie, James, VdH and Fer from Potters season and as a reason not to expect too much other than a mid table finish from Cooper in his first season? I think you have actually remarked as quite the opposite.

I also don't remember you making the point that we lost Rodon, Celina, VdH, Brewster and Gallagher as to why we should not expect too much in Cooper's second season other than a mid table finish? Again you remarked the opposite.

Why does losing players only seem to affect Russell Martin? (even when we are only expecting to lose one) - It's almost like its a different set of rules depending on who is in charge....
[Post edited 7 May 2022 11:19]


Why don't you give it a rest , you're perpetually looking to make negative comments at posters , I'm sure you have an algorithm set up so you can "dig it out later" . " I told you this exact scenario " , woopy di do ,lets try and keep the thread on track instead of yet another being derailed into personal spates

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

1
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Online Safety Advertising
© FansNetwork 2026