Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ghislane Maxwell 22:35 - Jun 28 with 1859 viewsThrasher6

20 years seems a bit harsh to me. A tricky one I know. But all things considered, I think she's been scape-goated and should appeal. Up for discussion.
[Post edited 28 Jun 2022 22:36]

Poll: Social Distancing: When will it be an obsolete word?

Ghislane Maxwell on 08:33 - Jun 29 with 1288 viewsKilkennyjack

She certainly should not be the only one jailed.

What about all the powerful men who abused these girls ?

Beware of the Risen People

Ghislane Maxwell on 09:06 - Jun 29 with 1255 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Or the IRA leaders who authorised the murder of children.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Ghislane Maxwell on 09:17 - Jun 29 with 1257 viewsonehunglow

Girls lives ruined and it's too much!

My God.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Ghislane Maxwell on 09:38 - Jun 29 with 1248 viewsBest_loser

She might have got a lesser sentence with a guilty pleea , she can still apppeal and her new prison looks a lot better than where she was before
Ghislane Maxwell on 10:00 - Jun 29 with 1227 viewsSirjohnalot

Ghislane Maxwell on 09:38 - Jun 29 by Best_loser

She might have got a lesser sentence with a guilty pleea , she can still apppeal and her new prison looks a lot better than where she was before

Sentence seems bang on, but I am surprised there wasn't a re trial bearing in mind one of the jurors came out after and told the press he was a victim of sexual abuse. There'd had been very specific questionnaires re that. (Certainly are here, I believe its even more vigorous over there)
Ghislane Maxwell on 10:03 - Jun 29 with 1226 viewsonehunglow

Ghislane Maxwell on 09:38 - Jun 29 by Best_loser

But her arrogance ensured that didnt happen.
She misjudged here.
Most evil people are caught by their own arrogance and contempt.

It's a matter of time.

She has terrible genes though

Ghislane Maxwell on 11:18 - Jun 29 with 1198 viewsKilkennyjack

Ghislane Maxwell on 09:06 - Jun 29 by felixstowe_jack

Or the IRA leaders who authorised the murder of children.

I would say that you are on the wrong thread, but in truth you are on the wrong planet.

Beware of the Risen People

Ghislane Maxwell on 11:43 - Jun 29 with 1177 viewsDr_Parnassus

20 years sounds about right. Vile woman.

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

Login to get fewer ads

Ghislane Maxwell on 13:10 - Jun 29 with 1144 viewsFlynnidine_Zidownes

Ghislane Maxwell on 10:00 - Jun 29 by Sirjohnalot

Sentence seems bang on, but I am surprised there wasn't a re trial bearing in mind one of the jurors came out after and told the press he was a victim of sexual abuse. There'd had been very specific questionnaires re that. (Certainly are here, I believe its even more vigorous over there)

Guessing they’ll appeal based on that.
Ghislane Maxwell on 13:16 - Jun 29 with 1137 viewsFlynnidine_Zidownes

Meanwhile in Europe, a man convicted of willingly and knowingly participating in the murder of 3500+ people is sentenced to five years in prison but won’t actually go to prison because he’s old. Why are we so lenient to people who wantonly destroy so many lives?

20 years isn’t long enough for this evil old crone. Make it forty without any chance of release so she knows the only way she is coming out is in a box.
Ghislane Maxwell on 13:45 - Jun 29 with 1117 viewsonehunglow

Ghislane Maxwell on 13:16 - Jun 29 by Flynnidine_Zidownes

Meanwhile in Europe, a man convicted of willingly and knowingly participating in the murder of 3500+ people is sentenced to five years in prison but won’t actually go to prison because he’s old. Why are we so lenient to people who wantonly destroy so many lives?

20 years isn’t long enough for this evil old crone. Make it forty without any chance of release so she knows the only way she is coming out is in a box.

F.
We are afraid to punish for some reason.
We blame ourselves for the evil others do.
It's hard to work out mankind really.

We ,after all this time, still allow murderers out well before their sentence expires for human rights;theirs. We hope they are safe to be released.HOPE.Sometimes they are not.
The Parole Board has much blood on its hands and quite how they get away with it all baffles me. It is a national disgrace.

Ghislane Maxwell on 13:54 - Jun 29 with 1101 viewsSirjohnalot

Ghislane Maxwell on 13:45 - Jun 29 by onehunglow

F.
We are afraid to punish for some reason.
We blame ourselves for the evil others do.
It's hard to work out mankind really.

We ,after all this time, still allow murderers out well before their sentence expires for human rights;theirs. We hope they are safe to be released.HOPE.Sometimes they are not.
The Parole Board has much blood on its hands and quite how they get away with it all baffles me. It is a national disgrace.

The process of any prisoner being released on an indeterminate sentence is a very difficult one. It's not a case of simply saying 'Human Rights' They have to be sure that they are not a risk of putting the public at risk. The parole hearings mostly last all day with prison psychiatrists, officers on the wing, their disciplinary records, drugs, drink etc all being in evidence. On the panel are quite often Judges and psychiatrists. A lot get released many many years after their tariffs have expired. I've sat through hundreds of these hearings. It's nothing like you read in the press
Ghislane Maxwell on 14:52 - Jun 29 with 1083 viewsFlynnidine_Zidownes

Ghislane Maxwell on 13:54 - Jun 29 by Sirjohnalot

The process of any prisoner being released on an indeterminate sentence is a very difficult one. It's not a case of simply saying 'Human Rights' They have to be sure that they are not a risk of putting the public at risk. The parole hearings mostly last all day with prison psychiatrists, officers on the wing, their disciplinary records, drugs, drink etc all being in evidence. On the panel are quite often Judges and psychiatrists. A lot get released many many years after their tariffs have expired. I've sat through hundreds of these hearings. It's nothing like you read in the press

There does seem to be a lot of discrepancies though, for example December 1980 Mark David Chapman a mentally Ill loser/loner shoots and kills one man in cold blood because he thought it would give him attention. He is still in prison 42 years later.

3 months later, John Hinckley a mentally ill loser/loner shoots and injures 3 people including the president of the USA and kills another in cold blood because he thought it would impress Jodie Foster. He has been released unconditionally and has his own YouTube channel.

Now those two crimes are remarkably similar, but the latter there are four victims and without showing disrespect to Mr Lennon, attempting to kill the POTUSA is a much more high value crime. Yet he’s walking free and entertaining millions on YouTube .

I know New York will have a slightly different system to D.C but it seems weird that one is free and the other isn’t. Do they still think Chapman is a danger? He must be pushing 80 by now.
Ghislane Maxwell on 14:56 - Jun 29 with 1081 viewsonehunglow

Ghislane Maxwell on 13:54 - Jun 29 by Sirjohnalot

" human Rights" is surely what it IS all about,viz,the rught of individuals to have a free life.
You say "sure",How in the name of all that is Holy can they be sure?

Rhetorical question as they cannot ergo the public is at risk from these rats.

With respect,it does not matter how many you're attended or how many the Board have sat on;the question is why are we releasing them at all? People want a 12 year sentence to mean 12 years not 6 . Judges and others in the legal profession are immune from the stench of blood,guts and death.Courts are anodyne and the Defendant will be instructed as to how to dress and what to say if anything. Those at the sharp end will at times have witnessed the life drifting away in pain.

There is nothing so chastening as a live crime scene. Photographs and images dont relay the utter despair and the utter pain of it all.

I seem to have gone off at a tangent .Apologies

Ghislane Maxwell on 15:18 - Jun 29 with 1062 viewsSirjohnalot

Ghislane Maxwell on 14:52 - Jun 29 by Flynnidine_Zidownes

There does seem to be a lot of discrepancies though, for example December 1980 Mark David Chapman a mentally Ill loser/loner shoots and kills one man in cold blood because he thought it would give him attention. He is still in prison 42 years later.

3 months later, John Hinckley a mentally ill loser/loner shoots and injures 3 people including the president of the USA and kills another in cold blood because he thought it would impress Jodie Foster. He has been released unconditionally and has his own YouTube channel.

Now those two crimes are remarkably similar, but the latter there are four victims and without showing disrespect to Mr Lennon, attempting to kill the POTUSA is a much more high value crime. Yet he’s walking free and entertaining millions on YouTube .

I know New York will have a slightly different system to D.C but it seems weird that one is free and the other isn’t. Do they still think Chapman is a danger? He must be pushing 80 by now.

As far as US law is concerned, I've no idea how their system operates
Ghislane Maxwell on 15:31 - Jun 29 with 1044 viewsSirjohnalot

Ghislane Maxwell on 14:56 - Jun 29 by onehunglow

" human Rights" is surely what it IS all about,viz,the rught of individuals to have a free life.
You say "sure",How in the name of all that is Holy can they be sure?

Rhetorical question as they cannot ergo the public is at risk from these rats.

With respect,it does not matter how many you're attended or how many the Board have sat on;the question is why are we releasing them at all? People want a 12 year sentence to mean 12 years not 6 . Judges and others in the legal profession are immune from the stench of blood,guts and death.Courts are anodyne and the Defendant will be instructed as to how to dress and what to say if anything. Those at the sharp end will at times have witnessed the life drifting away in pain.

There is nothing so chastening as a live crime scene. Photographs and images dont relay the utter despair and the utter pain of it all.

I seem to have gone off at a tangent .Apologies

HR has nothing to do with being released, it's an exception to it.
Most things are looked at as a risk factor, their behaviour in prison, have they had any disciplinaries, extremely detailed psych reports, going into hundreds of pages, eg.

Re the time people serve, it's not correct to say that serious offenders get released at 1/2 way. it just isn't. Many are on minimum tariffs and only get released when it's deemed safe to do so. The vast majority go well over, eg the 12 years sentence in your example.

As I have said on numerous times, do you really think when I have to prosecute a case involving deaths I am immune to it ? I have to study these in great detail, taking the victims or witnesses through the most horrible parts of their lives. of course it does not compare with being there but bearing in mind jurors are sometimes given counselling after hearing certain cases, we do not. I am not saying it is the same as being at the scene but it is not fair to say it does not affect us. In fact you could say that QCs especially, may only do these types of cases (they are generally not permitted to do the run of the mill matters) they see it even more that an individual police officer.

One thing I must impress to correct a myth, whilst a defendant may be told to come to court dressed appropriately, we do not ever tell them what to say. Absolutely not. It does not happen. (other than a minority of dodgy lawyers) If it did, they would be torn apart by a semi decent prosecutor and they first thing they'd say ? 'Mr X told me what to say'.

Being at a parole hearing is relevant otherwise how can you comment on what happens and why and how decisions are made ?

When you say the public want 12 to mean 12. Do they ? What about the woman who snaps and kills her violent boyfriend or the householder who pushes the burglar down the stairs, or the young lad who has a scrap outside a nightclub, throws once punch and the other lad hits his head ?

Not as easy as calling them 'rats' Every case is different. A person who may have been a rat at 18 may be a different person at 31.

Have a read of that John McAvoy book I recommended
Ghislane Maxwell on 16:48 - Jun 29 with 1010 viewsonehunglow

Ghislane Maxwell on 15:31 - Jun 29 by Sirjohnalot

HR has nothing to do with being released, it's an exception to it.
Most things are looked at as a risk factor, their behaviour in prison, have they had any disciplinaries, extremely detailed psych reports, going into hundreds of pages, eg.

Re the time people serve, it's not correct to say that serious offenders get released at 1/2 way. it just isn't. Many are on minimum tariffs and only get released when it's deemed safe to do so. The vast majority go well over, eg the 12 years sentence in your example.

As I have said on numerous times, do you really think when I have to prosecute a case involving deaths I am immune to it ? I have to study these in great detail, taking the victims or witnesses through the most horrible parts of their lives. of course it does not compare with being there but bearing in mind jurors are sometimes given counselling after hearing certain cases, we do not. I am not saying it is the same as being at the scene but it is not fair to say it does not affect us. In fact you could say that QCs especially, may only do these types of cases (they are generally not permitted to do the run of the mill matters) they see it even more that an individual police officer.

One thing I must impress to correct a myth, whilst a defendant may be told to come to court dressed appropriately, we do not ever tell them what to say. Absolutely not. It does not happen. (other than a minority of dodgy lawyers) If it did, they would be torn apart by a semi decent prosecutor and they first thing they'd say ? 'Mr X told me what to say'.

Being at a parole hearing is relevant otherwise how can you comment on what happens and why and how decisions are made ?

When you say the public want 12 to mean 12. Do they ? What about the woman who snaps and kills her violent boyfriend or the householder who pushes the burglar down the stairs, or the young lad who has a scrap outside a nightclub, throws once punch and the other lad hits his head ?

Not as easy as calling them 'rats' Every case is different. A person who may have been a rat at 18 may be a different person at 31.

Have a read of that John McAvoy book I recommended

You address me as if I were Counsel for the opposition.
You have spent some time scribing that to which I say you are making assumptions of me.
You have not however,John,addreessed the core of what I posted,which is--why do we release if being sure is basically impossible.

Society has to protect itself especially the young.

Deal with matters a they are.

We should not be taking liberties-so to speak.

Ghislane Maxwell on 16:56 - Jun 29 with 996 viewsSirjohnalot

Ghislane Maxwell on 16:48 - Jun 29 by onehunglow

You address me as if I were Counsel for the opposition.
You have spent some time scribing that to which I say you are making assumptions of me.
You have not however,John,addreessed the core of what I posted,which is--why do we release if being sure is basically impossible.

Society has to protect itself especially the young.

Deal with matters a they are.

We should not be taking liberties-so to speak.

Define 'sure'

You cannot keep people locked up forever more if there is no risk to the public. That's the decision they have to make and they take it very seriously Using your rationale you would lock up everyone who commits an assault for ever as you cannot be sure they won't kill anyone. How can you justify keeping someone in prison for something that happened eg when they were 21, in a rash moment of madness, when they are now 20 years down the line and there is no evidence at all of anything like that happening again ?

Experts putting the prisoner through hours of cross examination and psych reports paint a very clear picture. There are people who should never be released and will never be released. That's the role of the parole board.
Ghislane Maxwell on 17:03 - Jun 29 with 992 viewsonehunglow

Ghislane Maxwell on 16:56 - Jun 29 by Sirjohnalot

Define 'sure'

You cannot keep people locked up forever more if there is no risk to the public. That's the decision they have to make and they take it very seriously Using your rationale you would lock up everyone who commits an assault for ever as you cannot be sure they won't kill anyone. How can you justify keeping someone in prison for something that happened eg when they were 21, in a rash moment of madness, when they are now 20 years down the line and there is no evidence at all of anything like that happening again ?

Experts putting the prisoner through hours of cross examination and psych reports paint a very clear picture. There are people who should never be released and will never be released. That's the role of the parole board.

Sure?
Should this not be in camera

But ok,beyond resonable doubt.

And yes,people should stay behind bars . You ever been burgled?

Ghislane Maxwell on 17:12 - Jun 29 with 978 viewsSirjohnalot

Ghislane Maxwell on 17:03 - Jun 29 by onehunglow

Sure?
Should this not be in camera

But ok,beyond resonable doubt.

And yes,people should stay behind bars . You ever been burgled?

Sure, if beyond reasonable doubt.

Whether I have been burgled or not (my nan did when she was alive and they trashed the place, and went to the toilet in the bath which led to her moving in with us) is not the point. When you look at these matters, you cannot use things like that. I think you have to admit you are not impartial when it comes to these type of things and again I have done a lot of prosecuting and seen what devastation is caused by criminals.

The hurdle that needs to be overcome is substantial. 3 people on the board, for the more high profile cases, they're normally chaired by Crown Court Judges.

You are suggesting people should forever remain behind bars even if they do not pose any risk to the public ? How would that work ? Where do you keep them ? Who is going to pay for the many new prisons and prison staff that are needed ?
Ghislane Maxwell on 17:13 - Jun 29 with 977 viewsonehunglow

Case Adjourned

Ghislane Maxwell on 17:13 - Jun 29 with 976 viewsonehunglow

Case Adjourned
Im off to puppy class

Ghislane Maxwell on 17:13 - Jun 29 with 975 viewsFlashberryjack

Ghislane Maxwell on 13:16 - Jun 29 by Flynnidine_Zidownes

Look no further than the grooming gangs that have/still are abusing young vulnerable white children in this country.

Can't even deport the vile b*stards, the media should be all over this rather than concern themselves to depravity that happened in the USA.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Ghislane Maxwell on 17:14 - Jun 29 with 970 viewsSirjohnalot

Ghislane Maxwell on 17:13 - Jun 29 by onehunglow

Case Adjourned
Im off to puppy class

Not a problem, always a pleasure
Ghislane Maxwell on 17:24 - Jun 29 with 945 viewsangryjack

Throw away the key
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024