Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Payment Of Transfers 07:30 - Aug 5 with 872 viewsSTID2017

It seems scandalous to me that when big teams, many of whom seem awash with money, come calling, they pay us in instalments.
I do understand it is the way of the world.
In contracting for example where big firms get a massive contract, they often take months or longer to pay the small firms, sometimes leading to cashflow problems and sometimes forcing the smaller company to cease trading.
When the likes of say Leicester ( just an example )swoop in for Piroe, they can easily afford to pay the £15 or £20 million straightaway.
Instead we are forced to accept instalments ( and I guess we do the same down the line to others ). Borrowing against future payments obviously devalues the transfer.
I just feel if clubs have the money they should pay up straightaway

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Payment Of Transfers on 10:40 - Aug 5 with 742 viewsKeithHaynes

Good point well made.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Payment Of Transfers on 10:51 - Aug 5 with 727 viewsLuther27

Thoroughly agree and as you say it’s not just football. How many majors have taken smaller companies to the brink of bankruptcy through sharp payment practices.
Payment Of Transfers on 11:15 - Aug 5 with 705 viewswhiterock

When I ran a business, we had a strict 30 day payment policy, it helped keep the wheels moving, most companies adhered to this but the larger companies wanted 60 days, their attitude was if you want our work, accept our terms.
Payment Of Transfers on 11:18 - Aug 5 with 701 viewsJoesus_Of_Narbereth

On a related note how are Barcelona allowed to defer wages to players like De Jong whilst spunking out stupid money and huge wages on new players?

Poll: We all dream of a managerial team of Alan Tates?

Payment Of Transfers on 14:16 - Aug 5 with 624 viewsWhiterockin

In reply to the original post, I don't think Leicester can currently pay up front for any player. I don't think they have signed any player this window and have to sell before they can sign. Pretty much like us but on a bigger scale.

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/transfers-newcas
Payment Of Transfers on 14:20 - Aug 5 with 612 viewsonehunglow

Absolutely 100% agree with STID

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Payment Of Transfers on 10:22 - Aug 6 with 510 viewsjasper_T

Payment Of Transfers on 11:18 - Aug 5 by Joesus_Of_Narbereth

On a related note how are Barcelona allowed to defer wages to players like De Jong whilst spunking out stupid money and huge wages on new players?

Players were bullied by the club and its fans during the pandemic. How dare rich players be so greedy when everyone was struggling, surely they should take a hit for the benefit of "mes que un club"?

Once a player agrees to a deferral then nothing is stopping that business carrying on as normal, or trying to offload the player before they have to pay the deferred amounts. Frenkie seems to be holding firm for the millions owed, though. And La Liga seem sick of Barca's nonsense and aren't letting them register half a dozen big money signings.
Payment Of Transfers on 11:15 - Aug 6 with 460 viewsglanmORJa_k

Nothing is straightforward in football when it comes to paying a transfer fee for a player. And for those players who run their contract down and become free agents you can bet that there will be a lump sum paid every year of his new contract that will total up to almost the equivalent of the player's value in the market place.
However, there are very few clubs like Manchester United who paid the Swans up front, the full transfer fee when they signed Dan James. You can thank Trevor Birch for that astute piece of business.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024