Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
100% 23:32 - Aug 27 with 3262 viewsbuilthjack

WE WILL NOT GO DOWN.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

100% on 23:38 - Aug 27 with 1814 viewsKeithHaynes

There’s a few on here tonight not willing to back up their belief we will.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

100% on 23:40 - Aug 27 with 1799 viewsbuilthjack

100% on 23:38 - Aug 27 by KeithHaynes

There’s a few on here tonight not willing to back up their belief we will.

I will give Keith's charity £100 if we go down.
£25 if we stay up.
Anyone want to match it?

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

100% on 00:18 - Aug 28 with 1711 viewsDr_Parnassus

Who is saying we will out of interest?

This team is a play off challenging squad, even someone as inept as Martin can surely drag us to safety.

But the point is…. safety shouldn’t be the aim.

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

100% on 02:27 - Aug 28 with 1668 viewsDJack

100% on 00:18 - Aug 28 by Dr_Parnassus

Who is saying we will out of interest?

This team is a play off challenging squad, even someone as inept as Martin can surely drag us to safety.

But the point is…. safety shouldn’t be the aim.

A rare event ...me not having a go at you, but whatever we think doesn't matter, our owners view is only that what counts in real terms. BTW I'm more on your side than I am on theirs but we have no bearing on their direction.

I would love Russy to turn it around...i have NO EXPECTATION that he will as he is too inflexible. His vision may or may not be on point but his lack of pragmatism is atrocious.

Currently we cling to the back of the tiger hoping not to get devoured.

This post has been edited by an administrator

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

100% on 06:42 - Aug 28 with 1571 viewsDr_Parnassus

100% on 02:27 - Aug 28 by DJack

A rare event ...me not having a go at you, but whatever we think doesn't matter, our owners view is only that what counts in real terms. BTW I'm more on your side than I am on theirs but we have no bearing on their direction.

I would love Russy to turn it around...i have NO EXPECTATION that he will as he is too inflexible. His vision may or may not be on point but his lack of pragmatism is atrocious.

Currently we cling to the back of the tiger hoping not to get devoured.

This post has been edited by an administrator

I agree, I’m just asking who is saying we are going to be relegated?

100% on 07:24 - Aug 28 with 1513 viewsjack247

Relegation should not even be up for debate.

I wanted him to do well and was all up for giving him time to implement his ideas.

We’ve barely progressed in a year and some of the players look like they are going through the motions. I don’t think it’s because they don’t understand his ideas, I think it’s because they know they don’t work.

We won’t go down under Martin, but that’s not even a yardstick.

To his credit, most of our players are now comfortable playing their way out of tight situations. Time to bring in a more flexible manager who can build on that in a less rigid, less pedestrian system.

And if Piroe’s here next week, give him a go up front!
100% on 07:31 - Aug 28 with 1506 viewsPawelAbbott

We have won once in the last 13 competitive games.
It is relegation form and has been for a while.
Yesterday, we looked disorganised. Boro could have got a couple more and we were reduced to some hopeful balls into the box and a couple of pot shots from distance.
If we sell Piroe without a replacement then we are deep in it.
100% on 07:44 - Aug 28 with 1471 viewsDr_Parnassus

The fact us not being relegated being seen as some sort of achievement is staggering.

God knows what has happened here over the last week. Witch hunts after games, threats, argument making… those that highlight it are even getting it in the neck.

What happened to everyone working together to flag this stuff?

I’m so lost as to what’s going on here at the moment, it’s madder than the Swansea back room staff meetings currently.

Login to get fewer ads

100% on 07:56 - Aug 28 with 1440 viewsKeithHaynes

100% on 07:44 - Aug 28 by Dr_Parnassus

The fact us not being relegated being seen as some sort of achievement is staggering.

God knows what has happened here over the last week. Witch hunts after games, threats, argument making… those that highlight it are even getting it in the neck.

What happened to everyone working together to flag this stuff?

I’m so lost as to what’s going on here at the moment, it’s madder than the Swansea back room staff meetings currently.

It’s what happens on forums when the club we all support is hopeless.
Maybe if people stopped continually attacking the way the forum is run and were more positive towards the work being done to provide a free service things wouldn’t be so ‘allegedly’ bad.

100% on 08:03 - Aug 28 with 1421 viewsDr_Parnassus

100% on 07:56 - Aug 28 by KeithHaynes

It’s what happens on forums when the club we all support is hopeless.
Maybe if people stopped continually attacking the way the forum is run and were more positive towards the work being done to provide a free service things wouldn’t be so ‘allegedly’ bad.

It really doesn’t need to be though. Everyone should all be on the same page now, the manager is terrible and dragging the club on a downward spiral. We should be galvanised not slagging people off.

Most of us are extremely supportive as you know, and have been since you started here.

But the forum needs to be an abuse free zone with zero tolerance. A silly remark is fine of course but if people are continually looking for arguments by abusing people then that needs calling out and it needs dealing with.

There can’t be room for favouritism, otherwise rules mean nothing. I’m sure the mantra was to be a bully free environment and a safe place to exchange views. It’s becoming far from that, so it’s a confusing message.

I have offered my support on numerous occasions and would have no qualms in deleting a post from one of the posters I’m friendly with or even issuing them with a ban should they cross the line. It needs consistency, that’s not criticism it’s an observation.

I’m sure you are aware of this just as much as I am.

100% on 08:12 - Aug 28 with 1405 viewsKeithHaynes

100% on 08:03 - Aug 28 by Dr_Parnassus

It really doesn’t need to be though. Everyone should all be on the same page now, the manager is terrible and dragging the club on a downward spiral. We should be galvanised not slagging people off.

Most of us are extremely supportive as you know, and have been since you started here.

But the forum needs to be an abuse free zone with zero tolerance. A silly remark is fine of course but if people are continually looking for arguments by abusing people then that needs calling out and it needs dealing with.

There can’t be room for favouritism, otherwise rules mean nothing. I’m sure the mantra was to be a bully free environment and a safe place to exchange views. It’s becoming far from that, so it’s a confusing message.

I have offered my support on numerous occasions and would have no qualms in deleting a post from one of the posters I’m friendly with or even issuing them with a ban should they cross the line. It needs consistency, that’s not criticism it’s an observation.

I’m sure you are aware of this just as much as I am.

The person who instigated stuff last night has been banned.
There’s nothing more to say.
Of course everyone’s support is appreciated, it just gets boring saying it all the time.

100% on 08:17 - Aug 28 with 1381 viewsDr_Parnassus

100% on 08:12 - Aug 28 by KeithHaynes

The person who instigated stuff last night has been banned.
There’s nothing more to say.
Of course everyone’s support is appreciated, it just gets boring saying it all the time.

Yep and correct decision without question.

But others have been banned for doing the same as others that are given a light tap on the wrist, if that. I think all that is being asked for is consistency.

There are some posters here being hounded on a weekly basis for what is a pretty clearly correct view. They way some have been treated by many still posting on here is horrendous.

But I will continue to report them to you as I urge others do too and hope the correct and fair decision gets made.

But as I said, we should be galvanised now, no more excuse making and we should be saying it as it is with regards to the manager - there should be no conflict of thought on that now at all. The reality is now crystal clear.

100% on 08:28 - Aug 28 with 1367 viewsjojaca

100% on 07:31 - Aug 28 by PawelAbbott

We have won once in the last 13 competitive games.
It is relegation form and has been for a while.
Yesterday, we looked disorganised. Boro could have got a couple more and we were reduced to some hopeful balls into the box and a couple of pot shots from distance.
If we sell Piroe without a replacement then we are deep in it.

If winning once in 13 games doesn't set of relegation alarm bells, nothing will. We finished 15th last season and have weaker squad this time round, it's pretty easy if you do the maths. Is reaching two play off finals clouding our judgement under Cooper.

Looking at the yesterday's squad:

Fisher - He's probably the worst keeper we have had in a long time, but still not the problem.
Wood - Is still early days, but he's looking more league one than championship with every passing game.
Cabango - Solid player in a back four, but gets exposed quite a lot in wing back system.
Naughton - Is a quarter back now, starting to look leggy.
Manning - Solid player at this level, nothing more.
Grimes - Frustrating because most fans thinks he's better than what he is. He's just your run of the mill championship player.
Allen - One of the few decent players we have in his twilight years now.
Congreve - Done himself no favors, played out of position. Lacks pace at this level and a move to league 1 or 2 looking better option.
Ntcham - He is not a player you want in the trenches, I can't stand these type of inconsistent players. He's been a major let down for me, expected better with his reputation.
Obafemi - Feel sorry for him in a way, feeding off scraps.
Piroe - Looking like one season wonder, but has played out of position.

Subs:
Benda - Better all around goalkeeping ability than Fisher, but hopeless with ball at feet.
Sorinola - Somebody needs to be sacked for signing this lad, awful so far.
Darling - Like Martin, I don't get the hype. Let's see how he develops this year. Everybody's making him out to be the next Franz Beckenbauer.
Fulton - Steady, eddy at this level, good to have on the bench.
O. Cooper - Needs more games to see if he is fit for this level.
Cullen - unfortunately league 1 or 2 at best.
J. Thomas - Zero knowledge on.

What you have above there is really poor squad even for this level, relegation is real possibility, so take off the blinkers, even the players not available doesn't add much to the squad added to the fact the performances have been dire apart from 70/80 minute spell against Millwall. Yesterday looked to me has if the players had given up with Russell's way of playing. Slow, passive football with no urgency. We could be 4-0 nil down and we would be still making 20 passes along our defensive line. Insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results, this quote sums us up for now.
[Post edited 28 Aug 2022 8:31]

Even when you know, you never know?

100% on 08:30 - Aug 28 with 1350 viewsKeithHaynes

100% on 08:28 - Aug 28 by jojaca

If winning once in 13 games doesn't set of relegation alarm bells, nothing will. We finished 15th last season and have weaker squad this time round, it's pretty easy if you do the maths. Is reaching two play off finals clouding our judgement under Cooper.

Looking at the yesterday's squad:

Fisher - He's probably the worst keeper we have had in a long time, but still not the problem.
Wood - Is still early days, but he's looking more league one than championship with every passing game.
Cabango - Solid player in a back four, but gets exposed quite a lot in wing back system.
Naughton - Is a quarter back now, starting to look leggy.
Manning - Solid player at this level, nothing more.
Grimes - Frustrating because most fans thinks he's better than what he is. He's just your run of the mill championship player.
Allen - One of the few decent players we have in his twilight years now.
Congreve - Done himself no favors, played out of position. Lacks pace at this level and a move to league 1 or 2 looking better option.
Ntcham - He is not a player you want in the trenches, I can't stand these type of inconsistent players. He's been a major let down for me, expected better with his reputation.
Obafemi - Feel sorry for him in a way, feeding off scraps.
Piroe - Looking like one season wonder, but has played out of position.

Subs:
Benda - Better all around goalkeeping ability than Fisher, but hopeless with ball at feet.
Sorinola - Somebody needs to be sacked for signing this lad, awful so far.
Darling - Like Martin, I don't get the hype. Let's see how he develops this year. Everybody's making him out to be the next Franz Beckenbauer.
Fulton - Steady, eddy at this level, good to have on the bench.
O. Cooper - Needs more games to see if he is fit for this level.
Cullen - unfortunately league 1 or 2 at best.
J. Thomas - Zero knowledge on.

What you have above there is really poor squad even for this level, relegation is real possibility, so take off the blinkers, even the players not available doesn't add much to the squad added to the fact the performances have been dire apart from 70/80 minute spell against Millwall. Yesterday looked to me has if the players had given up with Russell's way of playing. Slow, passive football with no urgency. We could be 4-0 nil down and we would be still making 20 passes along our defensive line. Insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results, this quote sums us up for now.
[Post edited 28 Aug 2022 8:31]

Excellent appraisal 👍

100% on 08:31 - Aug 28 with 1338 views73__73

100% on 23:40 - Aug 27 by builthjack

I will give Keith's charity £100 if we go down.
£25 if we stay up.
Anyone want to match it?

Only a fool would say Swansea can’t be relegated.
If Sunderland, Sheffield Wednesday, Leeds, can be then you better believe Swansea can as well.

Poll: Should Swansea expand its concourses, to accommodate fans of big clubs

100% on 08:35 - Aug 28 with 1328 viewsKeithHaynes

100% on 08:31 - Aug 28 by 73__73

Only a fool would say Swansea can’t be relegated.
If Sunderland, Sheffield Wednesday, Leeds, can be then you better believe Swansea can as well.

Fools everywhere.

100% on 08:43 - Aug 28 with 1292 viewsowainglyndwr

I honestly hope thar you are right , but after watching the Luton game where we run out of ideas and the commentary of yesterday's match I'm not very optimistic
100% on 08:50 - Aug 28 with 1283 viewsangryjack

If we don't get rid Martin.we rdown
100% on 08:52 - Aug 28 with 1271 viewsDr_Parnassus

We certainly can be relegated and we certainly could be.

But we absolutely shouldn’t be anywhere near. Whether Martin has the ability to avoid that fate however is entirely up in the air, the signs aren’t the greatest.

Unfortunately 1 win in 13 says as much.

100% on 08:53 - Aug 28 with 1273 viewsbuilthjack

Any takers for the charity?
How about just go with the £25 for us to stay up?

100% on 08:56 - Aug 28 with 1245 viewsDr_Parnassus

100% on 08:53 - Aug 28 by builthjack

Any takers for the charity?
How about just go with the £25 for us to stay up?

Sure I’ll back the £25 to stay up.

You back the £25 we go down.
[Post edited 28 Aug 2022 9:03]

100% on 08:58 - Aug 28 with 1236 viewsguthrieintherain

100% on 06:42 - Aug 28 by Dr_Parnassus

I agree, I’m just asking who is saying we are going to be relegated?

Vetchfield said it last night then Keith offered him a bet.

Poll: What will happen with Morgan Whittaker

100% on 08:59 - Aug 28 with 1231 viewsWhiterockin

100% on 08:56 - Aug 28 by Dr_Parnassus

Sure I’ll back the £25 to stay up.

You back the £25 we go down.
[Post edited 28 Aug 2022 9:03]

He has already said he will pay £100 if we go down.
100% on 09:02 - Aug 28 with 1198 viewsDr_Parnassus

100% on 08:59 - Aug 28 by Whiterockin

He has already said he will pay £100 if we go down.

Right, but it’s far more likely we will stay up.

I want to back us to stay up not go down.

Surely nobody is going to be silly enough to take Builths offer of even money to be relegated when they can get 6/1 elsewhere?

If anyone did think we were going to be relegated they should stick their £25 on at a place giving them £175 return.

100% on 09:25 - Aug 28 with 1137 viewsonehunglow

Relegation talk was ridiculed not that long ago
Now,we are seeing bets we won't and 100% won't go down.

We are turning in on each other and that s a fact whether we like how this site is run or not

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024