Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
100% 23:32 - Aug 27 with 3288 viewsbuilthjack

WE WILL NOT GO DOWN.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

100% on 09:27 - Aug 28 with 829 viewsBrynmill_Jack

100% on 07:24 - Aug 28 by jack247

Relegation should not even be up for debate.

I wanted him to do well and was all up for giving him time to implement his ideas.

We’ve barely progressed in a year and some of the players look like they are going through the motions. I don’t think it’s because they don’t understand his ideas, I think it’s because they know they don’t work.

We won’t go down under Martin, but that’s not even a yardstick.

To his credit, most of our players are now comfortable playing their way out of tight situations. Time to bring in a more flexible manager who can build on that in a less rigid, less pedestrian system.

And if Piroe’s here next week, give him a go up front!

100%

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

100% on 09:29 - Aug 28 with 822 viewsonehunglow

100% we wont make promotion or even the play offs under Martin.
Great fanship show.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

100% on 10:33 - Aug 28 with 782 viewsunion_jack

100% on 09:29 - Aug 28 by onehunglow

100% we wont make promotion or even the play offs under Martin.
Great fanship show.

I’m nowhere near as confident as some that we won’t go down. Look at our last 10-15 games which is a representative statistical amount of games and we are relegation fodder. That is not going to change significantly, if at all under Martin. The players aren’t playing for him, his tactics and seemingly his man management is poor and the fans have all but given up. You don’t come back from that.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

100% on 10:40 - Aug 28 with 775 viewsMrSwerve

I don’t think anyone can say that relegation is off the cards at the moment. Look at our league position. Look at our god-awful form. Look at our style of play and the (lack of) threat we pose going forward.

With Russell at the helm I’m extremely concerned that we will go down. We need to get rid asap before we are cut adrift at the bottom.

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

100% on 10:40 - Aug 28 with 773 viewsMrSwerve

(As much as I love your confidence Builthy!)

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

100% on 10:55 - Aug 28 with 747 viewsWhiterockin

100% on 09:02 - Aug 28 by Dr_Parnassus

Right, but it’s far more likely we will stay up.

I want to back us to stay up not go down.

Surely nobody is going to be silly enough to take Builths offer of even money to be relegated when they can get 6/1 elsewhere?

If anyone did think we were going to be relegated they should stick their £25 on at a place giving them £175 return.

It was not a bet but a charity donation offer.

Poll: As things stand are you going to vote in the General Election

100% on 12:32 - Aug 28 with 680 viewsDr_Parnassus

100% on 10:55 - Aug 28 by Whiterockin

It was not a bet but a charity donation offer.

But just place it on a bet and donate £175 to charity then.

What you do with it is irrelevant to the point that getting even money on a 6/1 shot is pretty dumb.

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

100% on 12:38 - Aug 28 with 676 viewsWhiterockin

100% on 12:32 - Aug 28 by Dr_Parnassus

But just place it on a bet and donate £175 to charity then.

What you do with it is irrelevant to the point that getting even money on a 6/1 shot is pretty dumb.

Many prefer not to gamble but are happy to make a charity donation. You seem obsessed with gambling and odds.

Login to get fewer ads

100% on 12:41 - Aug 28 with 657 viewsDr_Parnassus

100% on 12:38 - Aug 28 by Whiterockin

Many prefer not to gamble but are happy to make a charity donation. You seem obsessed with gambling and odds.

It is a gamble.

Saying “if you lose then you pay £25 and if I lose I’ll pay £25” is gambling. Whether the beneficiary is charity or the personal pocket makes no difference to what it is.

So if you are risking £25 on your selection, why would you do it for the benefit of £25 when you could do it for the benefit of £175 for exactly the same action?

I’m just obsessed with sense.

100% on 12:49 - Aug 28 with 656 viewsCatullus

The way we are playing and with the managers insisence we wont change, I think a bet on us getting relegated i a wise move.
If we don't move players out we can't bring any in, we leak goals and we struggle to make any decent chances let alone score.
Even if we do move players out, Martin has brought in Wood, Fisher, Sorinola....his judgement of a player looks extremley dodgy. He favours players he has already worked with who haven't played at this level, bringing one or two in can work but if he is allowed to he'll have a team full of league one players or even lower.

If Martin is allowed to stay in charge and doesn't change his approach then we are in a relegation battle right now. We'll have false dawns, we'll have good days but they'll be few and far between.

I don't share others opinions that this squad is poorer than last season, I think it is plenty good enough for mid table but it is being chronically mismanaged by a man who I could find it very easy to be abusive towards. He cannot accept that he is wrong, that kind of arrogance is dangerous.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

100% on 12:54 - Aug 28 with 641 viewsonehunglow

Relegation was ridiculed on here ;not so much now.
Right now,as we are,with who i in charge ,we are right in the thick of relegation.
The pre season whipping boys,Rotherham are not.

Nobody can truly be 100% about anything in sport .It is simply grandstanding.

100% on 13:00 - Aug 28 with 634 viewsDr_Parnassus

100% on 12:49 - Aug 28 by Catullus

The way we are playing and with the managers insisence we wont change, I think a bet on us getting relegated i a wise move.
If we don't move players out we can't bring any in, we leak goals and we struggle to make any decent chances let alone score.
Even if we do move players out, Martin has brought in Wood, Fisher, Sorinola....his judgement of a player looks extremley dodgy. He favours players he has already worked with who haven't played at this level, bringing one or two in can work but if he is allowed to he'll have a team full of league one players or even lower.

If Martin is allowed to stay in charge and doesn't change his approach then we are in a relegation battle right now. We'll have false dawns, we'll have good days but they'll be few and far between.

I don't share others opinions that this squad is poorer than last season, I think it is plenty good enough for mid table but it is being chronically mismanaged by a man who I could find it very easy to be abusive towards. He cannot accept that he is wrong, that kind of arrogance is dangerous.

“ I don't share others opinions that this squad is poorer than last season.”

Is anyone seriously suggesting otherwise?

Downes out
Smith out

Joe Allen in
Harry Darling in
Matt Sorinola in
Nathan Wood in

Anyone suggesting it’s weaker needs to pass the pipe.

100% on 13:05 - Aug 28 with 627 viewsBrynmill_Jack

100% on 12:49 - Aug 28 by Catullus

He favours players who won’t answer back and will blindly do as he says

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

100% on 13:21 - Aug 28 with 608 viewsWhiterockin

100% on 12:41 - Aug 28 by Dr_Parnassus

It is a gamble.

Saying “if you lose then you pay £25 and if I lose I’ll pay £25” is gambling. Whether the beneficiary is charity or the personal pocket makes no difference to what it is.

So if you are risking £25 on your selection, why would you do it for the benefit of £25 when you could do it for the benefit of £175 for exactly the same action?

I’m just obsessed with sense.

I can't believe that you want to argue the toss over a charitable donation.

I'm out.

100% on 13:23 - Aug 28 with 589 viewsDr_Parnassus

100% on 13:21 - Aug 28 by Whiterockin

I can't believe that you want to argue the toss over a charitable donation.

I'm out.

Arguing?

You are the one moaning, not me.

I’m just stating the obvious.

100% on 14:27 - Aug 28 with 551 viewsguthrieintherain

100% on 13:00 - Aug 28 by Dr_Parnassus

Downes out
Smith out

Joe Allen in
Harry Darling in
Matt Sorinola in
Nathan Wood in

Wolf and Christie out as well.

Poll: What will happen with Morgan Whittaker

100% on 14:38 - Aug 28 with 523 viewsDr_Parnassus

100% on 14:27 - Aug 28 by guthrieintherain

Wolf and Christie out as well.

Well yes some loans went back too, but they weren’t really to a level where you would say their loss has made the whole squad worse as a result.

Christie was average, plays for Hull now doesn’t he?

Wolf didn’t really do anything of note, there were plenty of calls to send him back.

If I was offered them back on loan this season in exchange for Joe Allen, I’d close the door on their face without so much as justifying them with an answer.

100% on 14:44 - Aug 28 with 522 viewsjojaca

100% on 13:00 - Aug 28 by Dr_Parnassus

Downes out
Smith out

Joe Allen in
Harry Darling in
Matt Sorinola in
Nathan Wood in

Your normally right on most things, but your wrong on this at this particular point in time unless players improve.

Joe Allen is a downgrade on Downes, Darling and Wood have not stopped the goals going in and are untested at this level and Sorinola is huge downgrade on Wolf and Christie. The team at the moment is badly missing Wolf and Christie.

Even when you know, you never know?

100% on 14:48 - Aug 28 with 512 viewsDr_Parnassus

100% on 14:44 - Aug 28 by jojaca

Your normally right on most things, but your wrong on this at this particular point in time unless players improve.

Joe Allen is a downgrade on Downes, Darling and Wood have not stopped the goals going in and are untested at this level and Sorinola is huge downgrade on Wolf and Christie. The team at the moment is badly missing Wolf and Christie.

Downes isn’t fit to lace Joe Allen’s boots.

Moyes doesn’t seem to rate him. I believe he said outright he’s not good enough to play at the moment and I’m not going to just give someone a game who I don’t think can contribute to us winning games.

Darling and Wood aren’t going to stop the goals because of the horrendous way we play. Nesta and Cannavaro would probably be equally frustrated playing this way.

Christie is probably an improvement on Sorinola, although we haven’t seen enough to judge. But he’s hardly a world beater. Wolf was anonymous most games.

This side is missing Pato, but they don’t have the greatest of relationships.
[Post edited 28 Aug 2022 14:50]

100% on 15:15 - Aug 28 with 503 viewsjojaca

100% on 14:48 - Aug 28 by Dr_Parnassus

Downes isn’t fit to lace Joe Allen’s boots.

Moyes doesn’t seem to rate him. I believe he said outright he’s not good enough to play at the moment and I’m not going to just give someone a game who I don’t think can contribute to us winning games.

Darling and Wood aren’t going to stop the goals because of the horrendous way we play. Nesta and Cannavaro would probably be equally frustrated playing this way.

Christie is probably an improvement on Sorinola, although we haven’t seen enough to judge. But he’s hardly a world beater. Wolf was anonymous most games.

This side is missing Pato, but they don’t have the greatest of relationships.
[Post edited 28 Aug 2022 14:50]

The Joe Allen that's been playing mid table championship football for last four years. If we was that good, he would have been playing Premier league football at the peak of his career.

I still think its early days regarding Darling, Wood and Sorinola. At the moment there not upgrades.

Until we sign decent wing back options and possibly another attack midfielder. We are definitely worse off than the team that finished last season.

Even when you know, you never know?

100% on 15:38 - Aug 28 with 492 viewsbuilthjack

This isnt a betting thread people.
It's a chance to donate to Keith's charity.
As I said, I will donate £25 if we stay up.
I will donate £100 if we go down.
We won't go down.
Stick to the thread or butt out. Mods, remove any nonsense.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

100% on 16:20 - Aug 28 with 454 viewsonehunglow

100% on 15:38 - Aug 28 by builthjack

This isnt a betting thread people.
It's a chance to donate to Keith's charity.
As I said, I will donate £25 if we stay up.
I will donate £100 if we go down.
We won't go down.
Stick to the thread or butt out. Mods, remove any nonsense.

Agreed but yiu were rather coy .
What you should have added was UNDER MARTIN because if we can get rid,then we will not 100%.

Ive already committed myself to a contribution too depending on where we are in May.

And yeah,stick to the topic,Im glad you agree.

100% on 16:53 - Aug 28 with 423 viewsbuilthjack

100% on 16:20 - Aug 28 by onehunglow

Agreed but yiu were rather coy .
What you should have added was UNDER MARTIN because if we can get rid,then we will not 100%.

Ive already committed myself to a contribution too depending on where we are in May.

And yeah,stick to the topic,Im glad you agree.

Thank you.

100% on 17:00 - Aug 28 with 415 viewsonehunglow

100% on 16:53 - Aug 28 by builthjack

Thank you.

My pleasure.
Enjoy the rest of this beautiful Sabbath Day.

100% on 21:02 - Aug 28 with 339 viewsCatullus

100% on 15:15 - Aug 28 by jojaca

The Joe Allen that's been playing mid table championship football for last four years. If we was that good, he would have been playing Premier league football at the peak of his career.

I still think its early days regarding Darling, Wood and Sorinola. At the moment there not upgrades.

Until we sign decent wing back options and possibly another attack midfielder. We are definitely worse off than the team that finished last season.

Joe was playing EPL at his peak, his team got relegated but he stayed there, maybe no EPL team wanted him but I dont think he's a downgrade on Downes as much asit's they are on different trajectory's in their careers, Joe is coming to the end, Downes is on the way up though Moyes was quite scathing about him recently, didn't seem to rate him.

Joe was our best player against Luton and Millwall, unless he needed to come off his subbing is a mystery to me, put another way, another baffling choice by Martin. Does anyone know why he came off?

Against Boro he was subbed on 62 for Cullen, I wasn't there but I have to ask was anyone who was there know why? AND, what exactly does Cullen bring to the team? That is anither of Martins decisions I really don't understand, Joseph is stronger, quicker, more aggressive and he's been sent away, it's a clusterflock.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024