Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
NCP Swansea 12:54 - Jun 4 with 1830 viewsSullutaCreturned

What a rip off. I parked in their City gates place and they changed the prices, now it's 2.45 per hour if you take a ticket and over 4 hours you have to pay for the full 24 hours, 17.50 i think it was.

If you intend parking there make sure you have downloaded the app because then it's 1.45 per hour but you have to use it on the way In too, you can't download to use at the exit if you took a ticket from the machine.
0
NCP Swansea on 13:19 - Jun 4 with 1799 viewsonehunglow

As far back as I remember Swansea folk have always been ripped off by the council.
Car parking is simply a money spinner too good to turn down

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

1
NCP Swansea on 13:57 - Jun 4 with 1766 viewsBoundy

NCP Swansea on 13:19 - Jun 4 by onehunglow

As far back as I remember Swansea folk have always been ripped off by the council.
Car parking is simply a money spinner too good to turn down


We're pretty much a captive audience when it comes to being a motorist in Wales, even a so called socialist council tries to squeeze every last penny out of us

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

1
NCP Swansea on 13:59 - Jun 4 with 1759 viewsonehunglow

NCP Swansea on 13:57 - Jun 4 by Boundy

We're pretty much a captive audience when it comes to being a motorist in Wales, even a so called socialist council tries to squeeze every last penny out of us


Indeed so.It’s a national obsession.
That said, we were in Bala last Wednesday and @ fiver to park all day by a lake with a beach was good.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

0
NCP Swansea on 14:05 - Jun 4 with 1759 viewsAguycalledJack

Are the council deliberately trying to kill the city centre?

That said, last year I used the sail bridge car park and that was good value at £2 odd a day.
0
NCP Swansea on 14:08 - Jun 4 with 1754 viewsonehunglow

NCP Swansea on 14:05 - Jun 4 by AguycalledJack

Are the council deliberately trying to kill the city centre?

That said, last year I used the sail bridge car park and that was good value at £2 odd a day.


Odd isn’t it.
Centres need to attract not repel .
Up here it’s a similar situation with Birkenhead slowly bleeding away .

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

0
NCP Swansea on 17:46 - Jun 4 with 1679 viewsSullutaCreturned

The title is "NCP Swansea" guys, it's not the council, it's ......NCP!
0
NCP Swansea on 18:04 - Jun 4 with 1662 viewsAguycalledJack

I thought the council had bought them or was that just orchard street and kingsway?

I’ve just googled parking Swansea, and it’s £15.75 9-5 to park tomorrow at orchard street. Is this now council run?
[Post edited 4 Jun 2023 18:08]
0
NCP Swansea on 18:07 - Jun 4 with 1657 viewsSullutaCreturned

NCP Swansea on 18:04 - Jun 4 by AguycalledJack

I thought the council had bought them or was that just orchard street and kingsway?

I’ve just googled parking Swansea, and it’s £15.75 9-5 to park tomorrow at orchard street. Is this now council run?
[Post edited 4 Jun 2023 18:08]


Nope, the council hasn't bought any of them, all three are NCP, the pricing in those other two hasn't changed as far as I know; they are just trying to milk passing trade at the busiest car park, most visitors to town park there I think.
0
Login to get fewer ads

NCP Swansea on 18:15 - Jun 4 with 1642 viewsAguycalledJack

NCP Swansea on 18:07 - Jun 4 by SullutaCreturned

Nope, the council hasn't bought any of them, all three are NCP, the pricing in those other two hasn't changed as far as I know; they are just trying to milk passing trade at the busiest car park, most visitors to town park there I think.


I’m sure I read that the council had acquired them and there’s a wales online article from2018 that says the council has acquired orchard street and kingsway from NCP for 5 million.

It appears that orchard street and kingsway are council owned, but run by NCP who pay rent to the council.
[Post edited 4 Jun 2023 18:18]
0
NCP Swansea on 18:23 - Jun 4 with 1635 viewsGwyn737

NCP Swansea on 18:15 - Jun 4 by AguycalledJack

I’m sure I read that the council had acquired them and there’s a wales online article from2018 that says the council has acquired orchard street and kingsway from NCP for 5 million.

It appears that orchard street and kingsway are council owned, but run by NCP who pay rent to the council.
[Post edited 4 Jun 2023 18:18]


There was a time in Brighton a few years back that the cost of the car parks exceeded the fine for parking on double yellows.

Didn’t last long as people were just parking anywhere 🤣
0
NCP Swansea on 18:59 - Jun 4 with 1621 viewsbuilthjack

The Quadrant on a Sunday is £2 all day.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

0
NCP Swansea on 19:01 - Jun 4 with 1620 viewsbuilthjack

High St Car Park a quid an hour

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

0
NCP Swansea on 19:58 - Jun 4 with 1587 viewsbritferry

NCP Swansea on 18:04 - Jun 4 by AguycalledJack

I thought the council had bought them or was that just orchard street and kingsway?

I’ve just googled parking Swansea, and it’s £15.75 9-5 to park tomorrow at orchard street. Is this now council run?
[Post edited 4 Jun 2023 18:08]


their website says £6.95 for 24 hours
https://www.ncp.co.uk/find-a-c

Kingsway is the same
https://www.ncp.co.uk/find-a-c

But City Gates is completely different, not very attractive prices if you want to park there for work
https://www.ncp.co.uk/find-a-c

Luckily I've never been to the City Gates one
[Post edited 4 Jun 2023 19:59]

Poll: Which kid would you give money to?

0
NCP Swansea on 21:29 - Jun 4 with 1520 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

High Street Station parking now £8:50 a day, doesn't really say that they are encouraging us to use the train.

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: Your World Cup Verdict

0
NCP Swansea on 23:15 - Jun 4 with 1465 viewsEagleEye

If you park in the road behind the Vetch old double decker stand, parking is free. You can walk through the old Vetch field & reminisce (watch out for the druggie needles on the path). You can park in Tesco for 3 hours if you spend £2 in store. If you have to park overnight you just need to drive a few hundred yards from the city centre. It’s really not that difficult to avoid parking charges
0
NCP Swansea on 06:12 - Jun 5 with 1436 viewsWhiterockin

This may help some.

https://freeparkingspots.co.uk
0
NCP Swansea on 10:32 - Jun 5 with 1365 viewscontroversial_jack

NCP Swansea on 06:12 - Jun 5 by Whiterockin

This may help some.

https://freeparkingspots.co.uk


I use park and ride. very good value
0
NCP Swansea on 12:17 - Jun 5 with 1327 viewsDr_Winston

I tend to use an app called Your Parking Space.

Have left my car in town for 24 hours after a night out before now for less than £8 using that.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

0
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Online Safety Advertising
© FansNetwork 2026