Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Does Fisher get another chance at No1? 15:48 - Jul 18 with 4457 viewsRhonddaSwans

I think fisher is a quality keeper on his days , he gets a lot of bad press that's sucks. He is not a sweeper keeper (playing as a straight shot stopper should be good enough)
Do you agree?

Poll: Will we beat Poland?

Does Fisher get another chance at No1? on 16:15 - Jul 18 with 2280 viewsWhiterockin

Depends on who we bring in, hopefully not.
Does Fisher get another chance at No1? on 16:30 - Jul 18 with 2240 viewsonehunglow

No.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Does Fisher get another chance at No1? on 16:46 - Jul 18 with 2227 viewsEagleEye

Don’t agree. Worst keeper we’ve had for many a year
Does Fisher get another chance at No1? on 17:39 - Jul 18 with 2180 viewsguthrieintherain

Does Fisher get another chance at No1? on 16:46 - Jul 18 by EagleEye

Don’t agree. Worst keeper we’ve had for many a year

Same as any other position pick the best for all we kmow the new keeper may come in and make loads of mistakes.

Poll: What will happen with Morgan Whittaker

Does Fisher get another chance at No1? on 17:57 - Jul 18 with 2139 viewsDr_Winston

He'd be a more than capable backup keeper, as amply demonstrated during the last couple of months of the season. Remember the hysterical nonsense when Benda got injured about how Fisher would cost us every game?

We can do better as a first choice though. I'd borrow someone until Benda is fit.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Does Fisher get another chance at No1? on 18:07 - Jul 18 with 2130 viewsFireboy2

Does Fisher get another chance at No1? on 17:57 - Jul 18 by Dr_Winston

He'd be a more than capable backup keeper, as amply demonstrated during the last couple of months of the season. Remember the hysterical nonsense when Benda got injured about how Fisher would cost us every game?

We can do better as a first choice though. I'd borrow someone until Benda is fit.

I don't think Fisher is a bad keeper, it was Martin's system that put pressure on the back three and therefore Fisher.

He needs to be more commanding with crosses but I'm certain that margetsen will sort that out.
Does Fisher get another chance at No1? on 18:31 - Jul 18 with 2087 viewsFlashberryjack

Imo he's a flapper, certainly doesn't command his box, not a bad shot stopper.

Would he get into any other team in our league ? probably not.
Should we be looking to replace him ? most definitely.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Does Fisher get another chance at No1? on 19:10 - Jul 18 with 2049 viewsSullutaCreturned

Does Fisher get another chance at No1? on 18:07 - Jul 18 by Fireboy2

I don't think Fisher is a bad keeper, it was Martin's system that put pressure on the back three and therefore Fisher.

He needs to be more commanding with crosses but I'm certain that margetsen will sort that out.

I go along with most of this apart from being certain Margetson will sort him out, I'm more hopeful that will happen than certain.
Login to get fewer ads

Does Fisher get another chance at No1? on 19:45 - Jul 18 with 1998 viewsReslovenSwan1

Margetson will bring in a quality keeper I would imagine.

The first decision is a 6 month or 12 month loan.

Benda is due back after 6 months and is out of contract after that.

Margetson knows Benda well. A 12 loan might see Benda not signing a new deal. He is now not under 24 so no 'Lati bonus' i presume.

I wondered if Swansea would go for Plymouth's Cooper. He is apparently regarded as a Premier league keeper playing in league 1. He has the same issue as Benda. Also due back in early 2024.

Wise sage since Toshack era

Does Fisher get another chance at No1? on 20:13 - Jul 18 with 1971 viewsRhonddaSwans

I'm with you here fireboy I think most of fishers problems come from the passing out of the back. I have always backed fisher up on here I'm Rhondda_jack lost my account for some reason.

The problem with a keeper having a few howlers these days with social media we are all over every little mistake. What if Sir Roger Freestone had to got through this amount of scrutiny?
I love Rodger for my early memories I can remember bragging that Brazil only scored 3 past him. So come on lads be kind let's give Andy the love he needs. Bender isn't perfect.
Right second question ⁉️
Bender or tremmel?

Does Fisher get another chance at No1? on 20:45 - Jul 18 with 1922 viewsunion_jack

Does Fisher get another chance at No1? on 20:13 - Jul 18 by RhonddaSwans

I'm with you here fireboy I think most of fishers problems come from the passing out of the back. I have always backed fisher up on here I'm Rhondda_jack lost my account for some reason.

The problem with a keeper having a few howlers these days with social media we are all over every little mistake. What if Sir Roger Freestone had to got through this amount of scrutiny?
I love Rodger for my early memories I can remember bragging that Brazil only scored 3 past him. So come on lads be kind let's give Andy the love he needs. Bender isn't perfect.
Right second question ⁉️
Bender or tremmel?

Fisher is not up to the standard required.

He wasn’t good with the ball at his feet but he doesn’t, or certainly has not demonstrated the basics need for keeping.

It’s all been mentioned above so I’m not going to repeat it but he is not a good keeper. No amount of love will make him one!

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Does Fisher get another chance at No1? on 20:48 - Jul 18 with 1912 viewsRhonddaSwans

Does Fisher get another chance at No1? on 20:45 - Jul 18 by union_jack

Fisher is not up to the standard required.

He wasn’t good with the ball at his feet but he doesn’t, or certainly has not demonstrated the basics need for keeping.

It’s all been mentioned above so I’m not going to repeat it but he is not a good keeper. No amount of love will make him one!

Modern keeper or traditional keeper?
Because there are still two schools of thought regarding what is best.
Is duff a playing out from the back manager?

Does Fisher get another chance at No1? on 21:16 - Jul 18 with 1895 viewsJackDragon

I mentioned this previously but Woodman did anything but command his box while he was here and wasn't he coached by Margetson???. STID
Does Fisher get another chance at No1? on 21:26 - Jul 18 with 1875 viewsFireboy2

Does Fisher get another chance at No1? on 21:16 - Jul 18 by JackDragon

I mentioned this previously but Woodman did anything but command his box while he was here and wasn't he coached by Margetson???. STID

He surely was and he is a decent championship keeper.
Does Fisher get another chance at No1? on 21:43 - Jul 18 with 1828 viewsunion_jack

Does Fisher get another chance at No1? on 20:48 - Jul 18 by RhonddaSwans

Modern keeper or traditional keeper?
Because there are still two schools of thought regarding what is best.
Is duff a playing out from the back manager?

Both. He couldn’t play the ball well enough or more importantly consistently enough.

But more importantly, his basics aren’t there. Did he make some good saves? Yes he did but so would I and I’m 62!

No control of his area. Not big enough to mix it up with big forwards, tended to flap a lot. Didn’t close his angles well enough on occasions. That goal he let in against Cardiff was inexcusable at that level.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Does Fisher get another chance at No1? on 14:41 - Jul 20 with 1636 viewsjeza739

Nowhere near good enough, and what makes it worse is that the person responsible for bringing him to the club on apparently high wages should've known better as was his previous manager!
Dropped some horrendous clangers (Cardiff away for one) and there were others. Doesn't command his area and imo the worst keeper playing regularly I've seen in 20+'yrs as ST holder. Hopefully there'll be no place for him under Duff but we may have to just accept he walks away at end of his contract because we're unlikely to sell him . Unless Southampton want him?
Does Fisher get another chance at No1? on 15:05 - Jul 20 with 1607 viewsangryjack

Terrible keeper, and a sh!thouse to go with it ,never cones for crosses afraid to get hurt slow coming off his line,he comes then goes back gets caught in no man's land,sure he got butter on his gloves as struggles to hold ball.one worst keepers I have seen.
Does Fisher get another chance at No1? on 15:21 - Jul 20 with 1591 viewsWhiterockin

Friendlies are never a good judge, but you can't do better than keep a clean sheet in every game.
Does Fisher get another chance at No1? on 15:23 - Jul 20 with 1589 viewsjeza739

Does Fisher get another chance at No1? on 15:05 - Jul 20 by angryjack

Terrible keeper, and a sh!thouse to go with it ,never cones for crosses afraid to get hurt slow coming off his line,he comes then goes back gets caught in no man's land,sure he got butter on his gloves as struggles to hold ball.one worst keepers I have seen.

Couldn't have put it better myself...
Does Fisher get another chance at No1? on 16:44 - Jul 20 with 1513 viewsReslovenSwan1

Does Fisher get another chance at No1? on 21:16 - Jul 18 by JackDragon

I was going to make the same point. Woodman was operating under instructions. If the ball comes into the box 10 years out it is left to the centre backs. From my observations Woodman stayed on his line. The number of clean sheets suggested this system worked a treat. I expect the goals against to reduce significantly.

I am pretty sure Margetson will bring in Rushworth as no 1. Margetson did not it appears trust a youthful Benda and preferred to bring in Woodman twice. However Benda is now 24 and has now played a lot more and has a lot of games under his belt. If Benda is scheduled to take over when fit then Rushwort will be 6 moth loan not a 12 month loan.

If Rushworth is a 12 month loan Benda might not be minded to sign a new deal.

Wise sage since Toshack era

Does Fisher get another chance at No1? on 20:20 - Jul 21 with 1419 viewsblackpooljack

This post has aged well....ffs
Does Fisher get another chance at No1? on 20:27 - Jul 21 with 1395 viewsonehunglow

Does Fisher get another chance at No1? on 15:05 - Jul 20 by angryjack

Who down arrowed that
Every word true

Does Fisher get another chance at No1? on 20:31 - Jul 21 with 1391 viewsWhiterockin

Does Fisher get another chance at No1? on 20:27 - Jul 21 by onehunglow

Who down arrowed that
Every word true

On tonight's evidence yes.
Does Fisher get another chance at No1? on 20:35 - Jul 21 with 1365 viewsonehunglow

Does Fisher get another chance at No1? on 20:31 - Jul 21 by Whiterockin

On tonight's evidence yes.

I tried being “ positive”
Lorra crepe

We need an experienced keeper who can control his defenders

Does Fisher get another chance at No1? on 20:39 - Jul 21 with 1352 viewsWhiterockin

Does Fisher get another chance at No1? on 20:35 - Jul 21 by onehunglow

I tried being “ positive”
Lorra crepe

We need an experienced keeper who can control his defenders

Nothing to do with controlling your defence when the ball rolls between your arms and legs for a goal.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024