Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Piroe for Surridge 14:11 - Jul 10 with 7803 viewsKeithHaynes

Decent report from Phil this morning, but even with a decent wad a cash coming our way Surridge is no Piroe.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Piroe for Surridge on 14:12 - Jul 10 with 3202 viewsshandyjack

Surridge is no championship/Premier league footballer let alone no Piroe

Poll: Expectation for the season

Piroe for Surridge on 14:21 - Jul 10 with 3165 viewsonehunglow

Piroe for Surridge on 14:12 - Jul 10 by shandyjack

I read the PS article
Personally, SS is no replacement for a rampant striker like Piroe who has been simply terrific for us .

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Piroe for Surridge on 14:23 - Jul 10 with 3173 viewsWhiterockin

Piroe for Surridge on 14:12 - Jul 10 by shandyjack

I wouldn't take Surridge, there must be better out there.
Piroe for Surridge on 15:05 - Jul 10 with 3099 viewsjojaca

Surridge is a polar opposite to Piroe, he's old school physical type. They could compliment each other with two striker system.

The amount of Piroe promo news article each day, it looks like to me the club is struggling to attract bids.
[Post edited 10 Jul 2023 16:07]

Even when you know, you never know?

Piroe for Surridge on 15:25 - Jul 10 with 3055 viewsKeithHaynes

Piroe for Surridge on 15:05 - Jul 10 by jojaca

Surridge is a polar opposite to Piroe, he's old school physical type. They could compliment each other with two striker system.

The amount of Piroe promo news article each day, it looks like to me the club is struggling to attract bids.

Well, all I can say is he will def be sold.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Piroe for Surridge on 15:27 - Jul 10 with 3044 viewsWhiterockin

Or nobody has matched our price yet and we are playing the long game.
Piroe for Surridge on 15:33 - Jul 10 with 3022 viewsbuilthjack

He would get 8 - 12 goals a season. Not good enough.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Piroe for Surridge on 16:11 - Jul 10 with 2950 viewsraynor94

Silly second paragraph, even for you

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Login to get fewer ads

Piroe for Surridge on 16:18 - Jul 10 with 2928 viewsRichardO

The more Piroe promotion news the better, playing one bidder against the others Don't want him to go to other Championship team though.
Piroe for Surridge on 16:50 - Jul 10 with 2853 viewsReslovenSwan1

Fans are judging hi as the 20 year old kid that came 4 years ago. He now has plenty of experience including Premier league. In the championship last ime out he scored 8 in 23 in a rampant Forest team.

He is the sort of player Swansea w do well with. Cooper rated Surridge but not Goykeres who was also underrated by the Swansea faithful.

If there are any doubts a loan to buy makes sense. 30 games 10 goals £4-5m. Forest might have silly expectation of £8m and in that case can take a walk.

Wise sage since Toshack era

Piroe for Surridge on 17:27 - Jul 10 with 2781 viewsFireboy2

I think surridge might suit duffs gameplan, what will be the stumbling block will be his wages.
Piroe for Surridge on 17:40 - Jul 10 with 2752 viewsSullutaCreturned

Piroe for Surridge on 17:27 - Jul 10 by Fireboy2

I think surridge might suit duffs gameplan, what will be the stumbling block will be his wages.

Like I just said on another thread, Surridge may be a good partner for Joseph. As people may have guessed, I think Joseph may break through this season!

I think there's a player there if he's used properly.
Piroe for Surridge on 17:42 - Jul 10 with 2736 viewsjojaca

Piroe for Surridge on 16:11 - Jul 10 by raynor94

Silly second paragraph, even for you

There hasn't been an official bid yet.

Even when you know, you never know?

Piroe for Surridge on 17:45 - Jul 10 with 2729 viewsEagleEye

Surridge was a fall back option mostly used as a substitute when he was with us. That’s about his level in the Championship. He would have been a good partner for Piroe but don’t see him being the main man. It’s a no from me unless we recruit another option to be the main man up front
Piroe for Surridge on 17:50 - Jul 10 with 2707 viewsWhiterockin

Piroe for Surridge on 17:45 - Jul 10 by EagleEye

Surridge was a fall back option mostly used as a substitute when he was with us. That’s about his level in the Championship. He would have been a good partner for Piroe but don’t see him being the main man. It’s a no from me unless we recruit another option to be the main man up front

Apparently he's on about £15K a week, if he came here it wouldn't be as back up. IMO we can do better for less.
Piroe for Surridge on 18:20 - Jul 10 with 2638 viewsraynor94

Piroe for Surridge on 17:42 - Jul 10 by jojaca

There hasn't been an official bid yet.

Patience, things are obviously going on in the background.

Personally i don't think he will be here at the beginning of the season

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Piroe for Surridge on 18:32 - Jul 10 with 2624 viewsRichardO

In the mix because of Josh Ginnelly injury?
Piroe for Surridge on 20:01 - Jul 10 with 2510 viewsmax936

Need our heads read if we go for Surridge to replace Piroe, be like settling for Copper where you once had Gold.
[Post edited 10 Jul 2023 20:02]

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Piroe for Surridge on 20:25 - Jul 10 with 2467 viewsDr_Winston

Surridge for Piroe the way we've played for the last two years makes no sense whatsoever. However, we're very unlikely to be playing the same way that we have for the last two years.

Duff tends to like bigger forwards. If we're after someone for quicker attackers to play off the Surridge makes a lot more sense. He's probably not the option that I'd go for, but I can see why he's being linked.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Piroe for Surridge on 20:33 - Jul 10 with 2439 viewsWhiterockin

Piroe for Surridge on 20:25 - Jul 10 by Dr_Winston

Surridge for Piroe the way we've played for the last two years makes no sense whatsoever. However, we're very unlikely to be playing the same way that we have for the last two years.

Duff tends to like bigger forwards. If we're after someone for quicker attackers to play off the Surridge makes a lot more sense. He's probably not the option that I'd go for, but I can see why he's being linked.

Everyone and their dog will be linked because it's the silly season. Pretty silly really because we won't get a forward in until we offload.
Piroe for Surridge on 20:50 - Jul 10 with 2399 viewsDr_Winston

Piroe for Surridge on 20:33 - Jul 10 by Whiterockin

Everyone and their dog will be linked because it's the silly season. Pretty silly really because we won't get a forward in until we offload.

Either that or a sale agreed in principle that hasn't been publically announced.

I guess it depends on what Duff's priorities are. We know there's a bit of cash to spend. Depends how much.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Piroe for Surridge on 21:08 - Jul 10 with 2371 viewsWhiterockin

Piroe for Surridge on 20:50 - Jul 10 by Dr_Winston

Either that or a sale agreed in principle that hasn't been publically announced.

I guess it depends on what Duff's priorities are. We know there's a bit of cash to spend. Depends how much.

It's not only Piroe a decision has to be made on. Whittaker as well, apparently Rangers no longer want him, does Duff want him and does he want to stay.
Piroe for Surridge on 21:16 - Jul 10 with 2346 viewsDr_Winston

Piroe for Surridge on 21:08 - Jul 10 by Whiterockin

It's not only Piroe a decision has to be made on. Whittaker as well, apparently Rangers no longer want him, does Duff want him and does he want to stay.

I would love Whittaker to stay here and do well. I think there's a lot of potential there just crying out for the right coach to unlock it. I hope Duff gives him a chance.

Piroe for Surridge on 21:21 - Jul 10 with 2330 viewsWhiterockin

Piroe for Surridge on 21:16 - Jul 10 by Dr_Winston

I would love Whittaker to stay here and do well. I think there's a lot of potential there just crying out for the right coach to unlock it. I hope Duff gives him a chance.

He looked excellent for Plymouth on the right side of two behind the forward. IMO it's his natural position, but it was a league below.
Piroe for Surridge on 21:34 - Jul 10 with 2299 viewsDr_Winston

Piroe for Surridge on 21:21 - Jul 10 by Whiterockin

He looked excellent for Plymouth on the right side of two behind the forward. IMO it's his natural position, but it was a league below.

I suspect he'd have had more of a look in if Cooper had stayed. I am almost certain that Martin took a dislike from day one and nothing Whittaker ever did would have been good enough.

He's absolutely not a centre forward I agree, but given how outstanding he was at Plymouth, even if it was a division below, Russy's refusal to even consider giving him a run in that role basically constituted a dereliction of duty.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024