Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
A selling club without real ambition 23:22 - Aug 24 with 7932 viewsswancity

Is that we have become?

I thought these owners were “going to take the club to the next level ? “

You can’t blame young promising managers like Steve Cooper and Russell Martin for wanting to get away.

Get out and spend that £12m on new players …at least give the manager a chance .

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

A selling club without real ambition on 00:03 - Aug 25 with 4167 viewsyatesie3

It's been a good summer so far, positions that needed filling have. We were told if piroe was to leave there's a plan in place so let's see what happens next few days. I'm sure 2-3 players will come in but let's hope
A selling club without real ambition on 00:07 - Aug 25 with 4161 viewsSwans9

We are skint if love the club losing a player 1 goal nearly every 2 games he scores. He started last season slow. We need new owners with cash which is hard to find. I not expecting promotion but no owner wants to take over our club so we are stuck.
[Post edited 25 Aug 2023 0:09]
A selling club without real ambition on 04:02 - Aug 25 with 4056 viewsangryjack

A selling club without real ambition on 00:03 - Aug 25 by yatesie3

It's been a good summer so far, positions that needed filling have. We were told if piroe was to leave there's a plan in place so let's see what happens next few days. I'm sure 2-3 players will come in but let's hope

It's not been a good summer at all,players that have come in have not been as good as ones that have left..
A selling club without real ambition on 06:41 - Aug 25 with 4009 viewsTreforys_Jack

All clubs are selling clubs to some degree, even the big boys now the Saudi's are involved.
A selling club without real ambition on 07:21 - Aug 25 with 3957 viewsswan_si

A selling club without real ambition on 06:41 - Aug 25 by Treforys_Jack

All clubs are selling clubs to some degree, even the big boys now the Saudi's are involved.

sky sport reporting yesterday that Sala was offered £1m a week tax free, absolutely crazy.
A selling club without real ambition on 08:37 - Aug 25 with 3856 viewsswan65split

We've had a good transfer session, but selling 30 goals a season is going to be a pretty tough job to replace
especially as we are selling to clubs aiming to get promotion, possible rivals!

bitof a downer really no wonder duff had a face .
A selling club without real ambition on 08:39 - Aug 25 with 3853 viewscadleigh

I’m surprised that you are so downbeat about (a) our ambitions and (b) the club’s willingness to spend money. I’d say both are higher than they have been at any point since relegation. We had to sell Piroe - he ran his contract down. It’s not like we put him in the shop window. If I had to guess, I would say the Piroe Family never forgave Martin for the way he treated Joel at the start of his time with the Swans, and probably never forgave the club for allowing it. I am sorry to see him go because he’s a natural goal scorer but he never struck me as someone with any deep affection for the club.

Threads like this make me wonder what the reaction would be if we ‘did a Norwich’ - got promoted, banked the cash (in our case to rebuild the Academy to tier 1 and expand the stadium, say) and accepted we are 99% likely to be relegated but it’s worth it for the long-term benefits of investment. I imagine we’d hear the wailing and gnashing of teeth from space.

Poll: How long would you give Russell Martin to turn things around?

A selling club without real ambition on 08:47 - Aug 25 with 3836 viewsAnotherJohn

A selling club without real ambition on 08:39 - Aug 25 by cadleigh

I’m surprised that you are so downbeat about (a) our ambitions and (b) the club’s willingness to spend money. I’d say both are higher than they have been at any point since relegation. We had to sell Piroe - he ran his contract down. It’s not like we put him in the shop window. If I had to guess, I would say the Piroe Family never forgave Martin for the way he treated Joel at the start of his time with the Swans, and probably never forgave the club for allowing it. I am sorry to see him go because he’s a natural goal scorer but he never struck me as someone with any deep affection for the club.

Threads like this make me wonder what the reaction would be if we ‘did a Norwich’ - got promoted, banked the cash (in our case to rebuild the Academy to tier 1 and expand the stadium, say) and accepted we are 99% likely to be relegated but it’s worth it for the long-term benefits of investment. I imagine we’d hear the wailing and gnashing of teeth from space.

I must admit that I cannot understand the optimism. It appears to be based on a perceived improvement in the recruitment team rather than an improvement in the quality of the squad so far. I guess we will see, but I am nervous.
Login to get fewer ads

A selling club without real ambition on 08:50 - Aug 25 with 3827 viewsmagicdaps10

I understand and feel its correct with the situation with Piroe, the fee I believe is a good one also.
The soundbites were that we wanted him to stay and offered him a new contract, we didn't need to sell and we have had investment.

Now with the sale of Piroe and a good wedge in the bank then they need to back up those words and spend some of that money on a replacement and on other areas if the team and spend well.

It's pointless them saying what they have and then sell a player for an 8 figure fee and then sit on the majority of that money.

If things happen or don't happen that don't tally with what they say then they dig a deeper hole for themselves and you understand the bad feeling towards the owners.

I fully expect a busy week and minimum 4 players(5 if Wood goes) of very good calibre to come through the door.
With the money in bank then there is no reason they should be permanent ones also.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

(No subject) (n/t) on 08:55 - Aug 25 with 3804 viewscadleigh

A selling club without real ambition on 08:47 - Aug 25 by AnotherJohn

I must admit that I cannot understand the optimism. It appears to be based on a perceived improvement in the recruitment team rather than an improvement in the quality of the squad so far. I guess we will see, but I am nervous.

Fair point. I have always been an incorrigible optimist as far as the Swans are concerned. Lost it a bit under Clement and Martin but it always seems to come back…

Would you not agree, though, that Yates, Key, Rushworth and Patino already look like great additions to this season’s squad?
[Post edited 25 Aug 2023 9:15]

Poll: How long would you give Russell Martin to turn things around?

A selling club without real ambition on 10:25 - Aug 25 with 3669 viewsonehunglow

A selling club without real ambition on 08:39 - Aug 25 by cadleigh

Oh yes,leaving Piroe at home,apparently for disciplinary reason but Joel ,like Pato is/ was , a brilliant person .
That was at the very start of his tenure .
The reason why the clueless like me seemingly keep mentioning Martin is because his legacy,his players, his aura , still remain and are affecting matters now.
He has been sniffing around our players yet left us with Fisher and Darling who seem to be not that attractive to other clubs . The fact alone he brought in Fisher means his wages ties us up regarding a real goalkeeper of our own who can be the rock our team is looking for .
I think you have nailed it cadleigh

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

A selling club without real ambition on 10:49 - Aug 25 with 3643 viewsKeithHaynes

A selling club without real ambition on 10:25 - Aug 25 by onehunglow

Oh yes,leaving Piroe at home,apparently for disciplinary reason but Joel ,like Pato is/ was , a brilliant person .
The reason why the clueless like me seemingly keep mentioning Martin is because his legacy,his players, his aura , still remain and are affecting matters now.
He has been sniffing around our players yet left us with Fisher and Darling who seem to be not that attractive to other clubs . The fact alone he brought in Fisher means his wages ties us up regarding a real goalkeeper of our own who can be the rock our team is looking for .

Piroe was dropped for attitude, he admits that himself having been influenced by Obafemi.

If you get an opportunity ask his father.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

A selling club without real ambition on 10:52 - Aug 25 with 3635 viewsonehunglow

A selling club without real ambition on 10:49 - Aug 25 by KeithHaynes

Piroe was dropped for attitude, he admits that himself having been influenced by Obafemi.

If you get an opportunity ask his father.

I doubt that now

A selling club without real ambition on 11:08 - Aug 25 with 3610 viewsyatesie3

A selling club without real ambition on 04:02 - Aug 25 by angryjack

It's not been a good summer at all,players that have come in have not been as good as ones that have left..

Before piroe left I disagree.
We have brought in 3 full backs already when last year we only had 1, brought in 2 strikers and a forward when last year we only had 1.
So to me the players brought in are better as we didn't have much last season!
Would you rather have patino in the side or ntcham?
We have addressed issues that were desperately needed.
Even though I feel we sold piroe too cheaply if we use some of that money and bring in 2-3 good players with it, surely it has to be a good summer??
A selling club without real ambition on 11:09 - Aug 25 with 3603 viewsKeithHaynes

A selling club without real ambition on 10:52 - Aug 25 by onehunglow

I doubt that now

It’s not what you know 😉

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

A selling club without real ambition on 11:11 - Aug 25 with 3596 viewsonehunglow

A selling club without real ambition on 11:09 - Aug 25 by KeithHaynes

It’s not what you know 😉

A selling club without real ambition on 11:31 - Aug 25 with 3542 viewslifelong

A selling club without real ambition on 10:25 - Aug 25 by onehunglow

So you are blaming Martin that Piroe has now left the club?

Piroe had a year remaining on his contract, apparently refused to sign an extension which means he would have run down his contract and left for nothing in 12 months. Instead we have made a £11m profit..pretty decent business.
A selling club without real ambition on 11:37 - Aug 25 with 3545 viewsonehunglow

A selling club without real ambition on 11:31 - Aug 25 by lifelong

So you are blaming Martin that Piroe has now left the club?

Piroe had a year remaining on his contract, apparently refused to sign an extension which means he would have run down his contract and left for nothing in 12 months. Instead we have made a £11m profit..pretty decent business.

No.
You are interpreting it that way.
The wrong way again..

Why not mark someone else’s homework ,for a change .

Or simply quit the personal

A selling club without real ambition on 11:42 - Aug 25 with 3510 viewslifelong

A selling club without real ambition on 11:37 - Aug 25 by onehunglow

No.
You are interpreting it that way.
The wrong way again..

Why not mark someone else’s homework ,for a change .

Or simply quit the personal

Martin has gone, find somebody else to pour your lemonade on.

This post has been edited by an administrator
A selling club without real ambition on 11:54 - Aug 25 with 3499 viewsangryjack

A selling club without real ambition on 11:08 - Aug 25 by yatesie3

Before piroe left I disagree.
We have brought in 3 full backs already when last year we only had 1, brought in 2 strikers and a forward when last year we only had 1.
So to me the players brought in are better as we didn't have much last season!
Would you rather have patino in the side or ntcham?
We have addressed issues that were desperately needed.
Even though I feel we sold piroe too cheaply if we use some of that money and bring in 2-3 good players with it, surely it has to be a good summer??

Piroe,whitacker,obafemi,,manning,Joel lat,ntcham,just name a few,don't think what we have brought in is better
A selling club without real ambition on 12:02 - Aug 25 with 3484 viewsherbie

Of those only two were top quality and both wanted away. Ntcham and Piroe. What was the club to do?

I am far more optimistic and realistic than many miserable buggers on here.
A selling club without real ambition on 12:03 - Aug 25 with 3482 viewsonehunglow

A selling club without real ambition on 11:42 - Aug 25 by lifelong

Martin has gone, find somebody else to pour your lemonade on.

Ignore button
Use it

A selling club without real ambition on 12:05 - Aug 25 with 3478 viewsonehunglow

A selling club without real ambition on 12:02 - Aug 25 by herbie

Of those only two were top quality and both wanted away. Ntcham and Piroe. What was the club to do?

I am far more optimistic and realistic than many miserable buggers on here.

It was indeed good business selling Piroe .
He could have stayed this tear ,sulked and just saw his contract out.
A win will make us feel better ,starting tomorrow

A selling club without real ambition on 12:13 - Aug 25 with 3466 viewsFireboy2

A selling club without real ambition on 11:54 - Aug 25 by angryjack

Piroe,whitacker,obafemi,,manning,Joel lat,ntcham,just name a few,don't think what we have brought in is better

Of that list there is only ntcham, manning and piroe that are good players, we have Yates, patino, key and ashby to replace those three

Obafemi went in January, whittaker hardly played and I couldn't help but laugh when i saw Joel Lat on your list 🤣
A selling club without real ambition on 12:23 - Aug 25 with 3441 viewsangryjack

A selling club without real ambition on 12:13 - Aug 25 by Fireboy2

Of that list there is only ntcham, manning and piroe that are good players, we have Yates, patino, key and ashby to replace those three

Obafemi went in January, whittaker hardly played and I couldn't help but laugh when i saw Joel Lat on your list 🤣

Players we got are unproven yet so could be disaster,but I agree with Joel lat..hated the Angry Jack word.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024