Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
A selling club without real ambition 23:22 - Aug 24 with 8094 viewsswancity

Is that we have become?

I thought these owners were “going to take the club to the next level ? “

You can’t blame young promising managers like Steve Cooper and Russell Martin for wanting to get away.

Get out and spend that £12m on new players …at least give the manager a chance .

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

A selling club without real ambition on 12:36 - Aug 25 with 1505 viewsFireboy2

A selling club without real ambition on 12:23 - Aug 25 by angryjack

Players we got are unproven yet so could be disaster,but I agree with Joel lat..hated the Angry Jack word.

This post has been edited by an administrator

Well Yates Key and patino are doing well, Ashby isn't too far behind them.

I don't see how you say they could be a disaster when they are only going to get better.
A selling club without real ambition on 13:09 - Aug 25 with 1462 viewsyatesie3

A selling club without real ambition on 12:05 - Aug 25 by onehunglow

It was indeed good business selling Piroe .
He could have stayed this tear ,sulked and just saw his contract out.
A win will make us feel better ,starting tomorrow

Maybe he could have stayed, scored 30 goals, got us promoted and the 200 mill we would receive is worth more than the 12 mill he was sold for?
All ifs and buts but we will never know
A selling club without real ambition on 13:21 - Aug 25 with 1437 viewsonehunglow

True enough ,true enough

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

A selling club without real ambition on 13:34 - Aug 25 with 1409 viewsBryanSwan

Piroe - wanted out with 1yr left. Getting the money is a good deal as he wouldn't be arsed to play for us knowing he wants a move.
Wood - now throwing toys out the pram to go. Saints are welcome to him, for 10m there is no way he is worth half that.
Whittaker - didnt play so no loss.
Manning - Tjoe A On should be an adequate replacement.
Ntcham - another toys out the pram.
Joel Lat - 2 RBs brought in.

Id like to see another midfielder, centre half and winger. But not too disappointed with our business so far.

Poll: When will Russell Martin no longer be Swansea manager?

A selling club without real ambition on 13:50 - Aug 25 with 1361 viewsWhiterockin

A selling club without real ambition on 13:34 - Aug 25 by BryanSwan

Piroe - wanted out with 1yr left. Getting the money is a good deal as he wouldn't be arsed to play for us knowing he wants a move.
Wood - now throwing toys out the pram to go. Saints are welcome to him, for 10m there is no way he is worth half that.

Id like to see another midfielder, centre half and winger. But not too disappointed with our business so far.

Who has said that Wood is throwing his toys out of the pram.

Poll: As things stand are you going to vote in the General Election

A selling club without real ambition on 13:54 - Aug 25 with 1342 viewsonehunglow

A selling club without real ambition on 13:50 - Aug 25 by Whiterockin

Who has said that Wood is throwing his toys out of the pram.

It’s probably used as a euphonism for telling the club he wants to go,which is what some reports say .
They may be wrong he he wants to stay

A selling club without real ambition on 14:02 - Aug 25 with 1334 viewsBoundy

A selling club without real ambition on 13:09 - Aug 25 by yatesie3

Maybe he could have stayed, scored 30 goals, got us promoted and the 200 mill we would receive is worth more than the 12 mill he was sold for?
All ifs and buts but we will never know

That's similar to one Cardiff many arguments about claiming compo from Nantes , if he scored etc etc they wouldn't have been relegated, as y u you say all ifs and buts but ultimately we're dealing with the here and now

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

A selling club without real ambition on 15:12 - Aug 25 with 1263 viewsReslovenSwan1

A selling club without real ambition on 14:02 - Aug 25 by Boundy

That's similar to one Cardiff many arguments about claiming compo from Nantes , if he scored etc etc they wouldn't have been relegated, as y u you say all ifs and buts but ultimately we're dealing with the here and now

Swansea made at same mistake with Llorente and did not have an extra years option. Llorente had a two year deal did brilliantly but would not extend with one year left with no option . That was actually fatal for the club.

Piroe signed three years with no option s he ad to go. He would have devalued at £1m a month. Ayew could come back for a last hurrah. Great footballing brain. £15k a week these days.

Wise sage since Toshack era

Login to get fewer ads

A selling club without real ambition on 18:33 - Aug 25 with 1194 viewsBillyChong

It’s not a new thing, the same happens every summer under the yanks. Wood going first and Piroe signing an improved deal would have been the better outcome for the fans. The worry comes when we run out of silver to flog in a summer window.
A selling club without real ambition on 18:46 - Aug 25 with 1177 viewsonehunglow

A selling club without real ambition on 15:12 - Aug 25 by ReslovenSwan1

Swansea made at same mistake with Llorente and did not have an extra years option. Llorente had a two year deal did brilliantly but would not extend with one year left with no option . That was actually fatal for the club.

Piroe signed three years with no option s he ad to go. He would have devalued at £1m a month. Ayew could come back for a last hurrah. Great footballing brain. £15k a week these days.

Aaah Fernando,seen as some as having the turning circle of pan oil tanker
Liked him myself

A selling club without real ambition on 18:51 - Aug 25 with 1177 viewsraynor94

A selling club without real ambition on 18:33 - Aug 25 by BillyChong

It’s not a new thing, the same happens every summer under the yanks. Wood going first and Piroe signing an improved deal would have been the better outcome for the fans. The worry comes when we run out of silver to flog in a summer window.

Why are you blaming the owners, Piroe wouldn't sign a new contract, he's shown no interest this season.

We couldn't afford for him to leave for nothing, we were only a stepping stone for him.

As for Wood, another who doesn't want to be here, let's hope Watson screws Saints for every penny

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

A selling club without real ambition on 18:58 - Aug 25 with 1149 viewsBillyChong

A selling club without real ambition on 18:51 - Aug 25 by raynor94

Why are you blaming the owners, Piroe wouldn't sign a new contract, he's shown no interest this season.

We couldn't afford for him to leave for nothing, we were only a stepping stone for him.

As for Wood, another who doesn't want to be here, let's hope Watson screws Saints for every penny

Where did I blame them? I was stating a fact.
A selling club without real ambition on 20:29 - Aug 25 with 1098 viewsReslovenSwan1

A selling club without real ambition on 18:58 - Aug 25 by BillyChong

You got it back to front. Piroe would have devalued £1m a month so had to be sold. A devaluing asset.

Wood on the other hand is improving with two year left. He vcan be kept if and sold in January ofr the summer as his value is increasing not dropping.

You could also argue that financial affairs are not the concern of fans. You are wrong on that too as the fans are 11% owners. This is the problem I have banged on about. Swansea fans refuse to stand up and take responsibility.

Wise sage since Toshack era

A selling club without real ambition on 20:44 - Aug 25 with 1080 viewsonehunglow

A selling club without real ambition on 20:29 - Aug 25 by ReslovenSwan1

You got it back to front. Piroe would have devalued £1m a month so had to be sold. A devaluing asset.

Wood on the other hand is improving with two year left. He vcan be kept if and sold in January ofr the summer as his value is increasing not dropping.

You could also argue that financial affairs are not the concern of fans. You are wrong on that too as the fans are 11% owners. This is the problem I have banged on about. Swansea fans refuse to stand up and take responsibility.

Careful criticising Swansea fans.
We have the most loyal,most lifelong, most supporting ones on this site.
Some what you post Zi view as crepe, but others very laudable .
I like you don’t hold grudges from Years and years ago.
It is only football after all.
In my time,countless good people have left us so we all need to learn to take a reflective view at times

A selling club without real ambition on 21:46 - Aug 25 with 1043 viewsSullutaCreturned

A selling club without real ambition on 12:13 - Aug 25 by Fireboy2

Of that list there is only ntcham, manning and piroe that are good players, we have Yates, patino, key and ashby to replace those three

Obafemi went in January, whittaker hardly played and I couldn't help but laugh when i saw Joel Lat on your list 🤣

key is ddfinitely an upgrade on Lati. We didn't sell Manning, he chose to leave, Piroe gave us little choice either. Whittaker made it very clear what he wanted too.

The only thing I'm really disappointed with is not keeping Joseph, I think he's better thab Cullen or at least, will be.

NB, that last bit does depend on Wood, I'd like to keep him.
A selling club without real ambition on 22:38 - Aug 25 with 995 viewsBillyChong

A selling club without real ambition on 20:29 - Aug 25 by ReslovenSwan1

Read it again - Piroe signing an improved deal was my comment
A selling club without real ambition on 22:47 - Aug 25 with 984 viewsraynor94

A selling club without real ambition on 18:58 - Aug 25 by BillyChong

Which part was the fact?

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

A selling club without real ambition on 10:21 - Aug 27 with 829 viewsswancity

Good owners have ambition. They work hard to achieve things. To make progress. To improve the team and to ensure that happens by giving support to the manager. They are hands on and readily available and approachable. Our owners don’t tick any of the boxes.

We are a selling club. That’s not the way to progress. Unless the money is reinvested to strengthen with prudent sales but that not happening …

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

A selling club without real ambition on 12:18 - Aug 27 with 783 viewsBillyChong

A selling club without real ambition on 22:47 - Aug 25 by raynor94

Which part was the fact?

Unless you live on the moon it’s clear that we sell a star player every window. Grimes is the only exception to this although it’s dubious how strong any rumoured interest in him has been. A firm bid and he’d be long gone.
A selling club without real ambition on 12:20 - Aug 27 with 783 viewsjack247

A selling club without real ambition on 21:46 - Aug 25 by SullutaCreturned

key is ddfinitely an upgrade on Lati. We didn't sell Manning, he chose to leave, Piroe gave us little choice either. Whittaker made it very clear what he wanted too.

The only thing I'm really disappointed with is not keeping Joseph, I think he's better thab Cullen or at least, will be.

NB, that last bit does depend on Wood, I'd like to keep him.

Genuine question. What makes you think Joseph is better than Cullen?

He hardly ever played for us, has 13 goals across 2 seasons at a lower level and can’t get in the Blackpool squad, let alone team (apart from in the league cup).

A bit harsh on Cullen IMO.
A selling club without real ambition on 12:30 - Aug 27 with 773 viewsKeithHaynes

A selling club without real ambition on 12:18 - Aug 27 by BillyChong

Unless you live on the moon it’s clear that we sell a star player every window. Grimes is the only exception to this although it’s dubious how strong any rumoured interest in him has been. A firm bid and he’d be long gone.

His family circumstances would dictate otherwise.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

A selling club without real ambition on 13:34 - Aug 27 with 746 viewsGwyn737

A selling club without real ambition on 13:34 - Aug 25 by BryanSwan

Down arrowed by mistake
A selling club without real ambition on 14:08 - Aug 27 with 723 viewsonehunglow

A selling club without real ambition on 12:30 - Aug 27 by KeithHaynes

His family circumstances would dictate otherwise.

True and if an offer came in that saw their standard of living increase five fold and kids set up for life,then he really would gone .
He’s not good enough for those kind of offers though,which is the point .

A selling club without real ambition on 14:48 - Aug 27 with 667 viewslifelong

A selling club without real ambition on 20:44 - Aug 25 by onehunglow

Careful criticising Swansea fans.
We have the most loyal,most lifelong, most supporting ones on this site.
Some what you post Zi view as crepe, but others very laudable .
I like you don’t hold grudges from Years and years ago.
It is only football after all.
In my time,countless good people have left us so we all need to learn to take a reflective view at times

More lemonade eh?
A selling club without real ambition on 14:56 - Aug 27 with 666 viewsonehunglow

So,you are a footballer living in a nice ,large houser apartment ,well away from the “ plebs” and earning 250k pa.
Kids are in private school,wife has the required bling,Audi/Beemer on the drive.
Cleaners,gardeners,handy men look after your domestic chores
Holidays in exotic places and no worries about health care.
Then,along comes an offer of 750 k pa with a sponsored car, international / private school for the kids and unlimited flights home ( if offer from abroad) .
Don’t anyone tell me the player doesn’t sit down with wifey and they take all of ten minutes to decide to offski .

Money of that size is more attractive than any beach,lake,mountain or shopping mall.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024