Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Brizzle Airport 18:45 - Apr 21 with 12364 viewsTogg

Sat here now waiting for the 7.45pm flight to Malaga. It's like ' Little Wales'. Accents, bucket hats, stag, hen parties. I would say 80% Welsh.
Flights to Faro, Corfu, Alicante, Malaga. It's packed.
The money for the subsidised airport in Rhoose is losing out on must be incredible.
[Post edited 21 Apr 2023 18:46]
Brizzle Airport on 18:48 - Apr 21 with 5810 viewsbritferry

You're in the bar I take it?

Poll: Which kid would you give money to?

Brizzle Airport (n/t) on 18:59 - Apr 21 with 5797 viewsTogg

Brizzle Airport on 18:48 - Apr 21 by britferry

Brizzle Airport (n/t) on 18:59 - Apr 21 with 5797 viewsTogg

[Post edited 21 Apr 2023 19:02]
Brizzle Airport on 19:01 - Apr 21 with 5796 viewsTogg

🍻🍷 4 pints of San Migs 4 large glasses of Sav Blanc for Mrs T. The gits have fleeced me of about £74.00.
Brizzle Airport on 19:06 - Apr 21 with 5770 viewsTogg

Brizzle Airport on 19:01 - Apr 21 by Togg

🍻🍷 4 pints of San Migs 4 large glasses of Sav Blanc for Mrs T. The gits have fleeced me of about £74.00.

Briggs and Stow. Bar and Kitchen. A euphemism for thieving gits!! 🍻
Brizzle Airport on 20:59 - Apr 21 with 5681 viewsWhiterockin

That's what let's Bristol Airport down, no Wetherspoons.
Brizzle Airport on 21:06 - Apr 21 with 5653 viewsonehunglow

I’d never fly from Bristol

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Brizzle Airport on 21:40 - Apr 21 with 5628 viewsbuilthjack

Tui have just added another 40,000 summer flights from Cardiff, to add to their existing 160,000 .
Every little helps.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Login to get fewer ads

Brizzle Airport on 22:32 - Apr 21 with 5580 viewsWhiterockin

Brizzle Airport on 21:40 - Apr 21 by builthjack

Tui have just added another 40,000 summer flights from Cardiff, to add to their existing 160,000 .
Every little helps.

They have announced 120,000 extra this year from Bristol.

EDIT
Next year.
[Post edited 21 Apr 2023 22:37]
Brizzle Airport on 23:49 - Apr 21 with 5497 viewsFireboy2

You don't have to pay it.

Just saying 😌
Brizzle Airport on 07:40 - Apr 22 with 5446 viewsTogg

Brizzle Airport on 21:40 - Apr 21 by builthjack

Every little helps.

If it's to popular European destinations they will need to be a competitive price.
Brizzle Airport on 09:00 - Apr 22 with 5375 viewsAguycalledJack

Flying from Cardiff in august for the first time in 20 years. It’s more expensive than Bristol but on this rare occasion the flight times are better with a 4 yr old. Had we had to pay for parking ( mrs has family near the airport so can park there) it would have been a near £200 more to fly from Cardiff than Bristol.
Brizzle Airport on 09:45 - Apr 22 with 5352 viewsTogg

Brizzle Airport on 09:00 - Apr 22 by AguycalledJack

Flying from Cardiff in august for the first time in 20 years. It’s more expensive than Bristol but on this rare occasion the flight times are better with a 4 yr old. Had we had to pay for parking ( mrs has family near the airport so can park there) it would have been a near £200 more to fly from Cardiff than Bristol.

This is the problem. I'm sure most of the Welsh people would fly from Cardiff if they could get the flights and priced at a competitive amount. In fact I would pay a bit more for an early flight from Cardiff, rather than have a late flight from Bristol.
Brizzle Airport on 12:45 - Apr 22 with 5282 viewsraynor94

Brizzle Airport on 09:00 - Apr 22 by AguycalledJack

I always do Benidorm in November and Zante in the summer from Cardiff, thankfully always cheaper than Bristol.

Cardiff desperately needs EasyJet or Jet2

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Brizzle Airport on 13:05 - Apr 22 with 5274 viewsonehunglow

Brizzle Airport on 12:45 - Apr 22 by raynor94

I always do Benidorm in November and Zante in the summer from Cardiff, thankfully always cheaper than Bristol.

Is it full of Plebs then Ray.
Asking for a friend

Brizzle Airport on 13:11 - Apr 22 with 5271 viewsraynor94

Brizzle Airport on 13:05 - Apr 22 by onehunglow

Is it full of Plebs then Ray.
Asking for a friend

Plenty of nice places to avoid the plebs, Albir and Altea are very nice, short ride on the bus

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Brizzle Airport on 13:43 - Apr 22 with 5250 viewsonehunglow

Brizzle Airport on 13:11 - Apr 22 by raynor94

Plenty of nice places to avoid the plebs, Albir and Altea are very nice, short ride on the bus

I know Altea.
I’m thinking about Xabia in September

Brizzle Airport on 14:17 - Apr 22 with 5235 viewsKeithHaynes

Brizzle Airport on 13:43 - Apr 22 by onehunglow

I know Altea.
I’m thinking about Xabia in September

Be wary of the temperatures, it can get chilly there.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Brizzle Airport on 17:56 - Apr 22 with 5167 viewsbuilthjack

Brizzle Airport on 12:45 - Apr 22 by raynor94

This. They need a major cheap airline in there, the potential is massive.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Brizzle Airport on 19:55 - Apr 22 with 5116 viewsWhiterockin

Brizzle Airport on 17:56 - Apr 22 by builthjack

This. They need a major cheap airline in there, the potential is massive.

If the potential was massive they would be in there.
Brizzle Airport on 10:16 - Apr 23 with 4972 viewsTogg

Brizzle Airport on 19:55 - Apr 22 by Whiterockin

If the potential was massive they would be in there.

Look at the routes Bristol has got . Top of my head Malaga, Alicante, Barcelona, Majorca, Corfu,Cyprus ,Canaries.
The new Murcia airport will start up shortly. Ryanair and easyJet I would imagine are the main providers of all these flights and let's be honest it a stones throw from Cardiff.
Can't see Bristol wanting to dilute their trade.
If the flight were there and competitively priced. I would fly from Cardiff as my first choice.
Brizzle Airport on 14:37 - Apr 23 with 4886 viewsWhiterockin

Brizzle Airport on 10:16 - Apr 23 by Togg

Look at the routes Bristol has got . Top of my head Malaga, Alicante, Barcelona, Majorca, Corfu,Cyprus ,Canaries.
The new Murcia airport will start up shortly. Ryanair and easyJet I would imagine are the main providers of all these flights and let's be honest it a stones throw from Cardiff.
Can't see Bristol wanting to dilute their trade.
If the flight were there and competitively priced. I would fly from Cardiff as my first choice.

All I'm saying is that airlines and travel companies run as businesses. If they thought they could make money operating out of Cardiff they would, they do but very limited compared to Bristol. Possibly the Senedd should discuss the reasons with the operators and see if they can be rectified, if not stop wasting our money.
Brizzle Airport on 20:51 - Apr 23 with 4793 viewsTogg

Brizzle Airport on 14:37 - Apr 23 by Whiterockin

All I'm saying is that airlines and travel companies run as businesses. If they thought they could make money operating out of Cardiff they would, they do but very limited compared to Bristol. Possibly the Senedd should discuss the reasons with the operators and see if they can be rectified, if not stop wasting our money.

I totally concur. Cardiff airport has to justify itself as an on going business. As tax payers we can only fund the place for so long.
Brizzle Airport on 22:09 - Apr 25 with 4629 viewsKilkennyjack

Brizzle Airport on 20:51 - Apr 23 by Togg

I totally concur. Cardiff airport has to justify itself as an on going business. As tax payers we can only fund the place for so long.

Why is cardiff treated differently to airports in Scotland and the north of Ireland ?

APD is a tax levied on passengers - with those on economy class outbound flights of more than 2,000 miles currently paying £78, or £156 for long haul business class.
While it has been devolved in part to Scotland and Northern Ireland, it is still controlled by the UK government in Wales.

Parity with Scotland and the north of Ireland would give Cardiff something to offer welsh travellers. It would build the airport without a doubt.

Beware of the Risen People

Brizzle Airport on 22:12 - Apr 25 with 4621 viewsKilkennyjack

Where do all the Bristol based passengers travel from then ?

Have they found a better option than Bristol Airport then ?

Beware of the Risen People

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024