Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Measles .a worry 13:33 - Jan 20 with 3667 viewsonehunglow

Anything to do with illegals
Seem the big cities mainly affected
We don’t know who is coming here and with what

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Measles .a worry on 14:12 - Jan 20 with 2327 viewsmax936

There's been a surge in Measles breakouts over winter for many years, a lot of parents are wary of having the little ones inoculated.
[Post edited 20 Jan 14:58]

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Measles .a worry on 14:20 - Jan 20 with 2319 viewsonehunglow

Measles .a worry on 14:12 - Jan 20 by max936

There's been a surge in Measles breakouts over winter for many years, a lot of parents are wary of having the little ones inoculated.
[Post edited 20 Jan 14:58]

They d better ve more aware of measles
The virus is very quickly spread
One person spreads it to twenty people

Measles .a worry on 14:35 - Jan 20 with 2311 viewsSullutaCreturned

There's been a few things they were saying may be down to immigrants, TB came back, I'm sure there were/are others but if it's down to illegals or general immgratin I can't say.

An NHS thatwas fit for purpose would help and for that, just like the immigration mess, we can blame the government.
Measles .a worry on 14:45 - Jan 20 with 2301 viewsonehunglow

Measles .a worry on 14:35 - Jan 20 by SullutaCreturned

There's been a few things they were saying may be down to immigrants, TB came back, I'm sure there were/are others but if it's down to illegals or general immgratin I can't say.

An NHS thatwas fit for purpose would help and for that, just like the immigration mess, we can blame the government.

Well,we have the NHS dealing with them as they present themselves
These diseases have all been eradicated in the UK but not in countries from whence thy came
It’s about doing the Math
Until,we take the comfort of a fully functional social system that invites them,we will never solve the boat problem,
It is worth risking their lives for ,seeing they live in despot ,filthy,rat infested countries

Measles .a worry on 16:09 - Jan 20 with 2281 viewsAnotherJohn

My guess is that the problem may be vaccine hesitancy among ethnic minorities more generally, rather than undocumented migrants in particular, mainly because the latter contain only a small proportion of children. London and Birmingham are among the UK cities with the highest proportion of foreign-born persons. It has always struck me though that an issue with illegal immigrants is that they come from countries where public health services and particularly immunisation programmes, will be less comprehensive than those in the UK.

Here is an NHS report on vaccine hesitancy.

https://www.england.nhs.uk/south-east/wp-content/uploads/sites/45/2021/05/Vaccin
[Post edited 20 Jan 17:13]
Measles .a worry on 16:51 - Jan 20 with 2263 viewsonehunglow

Measles .a worry on 16:09 - Jan 20 by AnotherJohn

My guess is that the problem may be vaccine hesitancy among ethnic minorities more generally, rather than undocumented migrants in particular, mainly because the latter contain only a small proportion of children. London and Birmingham are among the UK cities with the highest proportion of foreign-born persons. It has always struck me though that an issue with illegal immigrants is that they come from countries where public health services and particularly immunisation programmes, will be less comprehensive than those in the UK.

Here is an NHS report on vaccine hesitancy.

https://www.england.nhs.uk/south-east/wp-content/uploads/sites/45/2021/05/Vaccin
[Post edited 20 Jan 17:13]

As regards inoculations,this is why we have them
Imagine having a relative with TB circa 1955.
It’s why we prayed for inoculation
Now ,we are too smart and doubt the efficacy of stuff that will save our lives
Covid killed many yet some doubted the jab ,which saved the world.

Measles .a worry on 17:27 - Jan 20 with 2239 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Unfortunately seems some groups seem reluctant to have MMR vaccine. It contains a tiny amount of Porcine gelatine.

You would think people would hsve learnt the lessons of the successful rollout of vaccines in the last 60 years.

They save lives, save serious side effects and hospitalisations.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Measles .a worry on 17:30 - Jan 20 with 2235 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Measles .a worry on 14:35 - Jan 20 by SullutaCreturned

The only people to blame for their Children catch measles are the parents who don't get them vaccinated.

Login to get fewer ads

Measles .a worry on 17:40 - Jan 20 with 2227 viewsGwyn737

There’s defiantly an issue with take up by certain ethnic groups.

However, this is dwarfed by the damage done by the disinformation spread by Dr. Andrew Wakefield.
Measles .a worry on 18:03 - Jan 20 with 2198 viewsSullutaCreturned

Measles .a worry on 17:30 - Jan 20 by felixstowe_jack

The only people to blame for their Children catch measles are the parents who don't get them vaccinated.

But why are so many parents not getting their kids vaccinated? Maybe there's some blame for idiots who spread fake news online?

Some parents get scared by the misinformation.
Measles .a worry on 18:35 - Jan 20 with 2184 viewsAnotherJohn

Measles .a worry on 17:27 - Jan 20 by felixstowe_jack

Unfortunately seems some groups seem reluctant to have MMR vaccine. It contains a tiny amount of Porcine gelatine.

You would think people would hsve learnt the lessons of the successful rollout of vaccines in the last 60 years.

They save lives, save serious side effects and hospitalisations.

Good point. Actually, one variant of the MMR jab - the Priorix® vaccine - doesn't contain gelatin, but my guess is that there is more general cultural resistance because such things are not well understood,
Measles .a worry on 22:47 - Jan 20 with 2111 viewsonehunglow

Measles .a worry on 17:40 - Jan 20 by Gwyn737

There’s defiantly an issue with take up by certain ethnic groups.

However, this is dwarfed by the damage done by the disinformation spread by Dr. Andrew Wakefield.

Hence my point about measles spreading
We are committing suicide by not stopping illegals

Measles .a worry on 07:30 - Jan 21 with 2065 viewsGwyn737

Measles .a worry on 22:47 - Jan 20 by onehunglow

Not really. Illegal immigrants make a tiny percentage of ethnic minorities when compared to both legal migration and those who have been here for generations.

Brexit will have had a far greater impact with legal migration now dominated by non-EU countries.
Measles .a worry on 09:35 - Jan 21 with 2023 viewscontroversial_jack

Measles .a worry on 22:47 - Jan 20 by onehunglow

They wouldn't be mixing with the general population
Measles .a worry on 09:38 - Jan 21 with 2019 viewsonehunglow

Measles .a worry on 07:30 - Jan 21 by Gwyn737

Not really. Illegal immigrants make a tiny percentage of ethnic minorities when compared to both legal migration and those who have been here for generations.

Brexit will have had a far greater impact with legal migration now dominated by non-EU countries.

Well,we disagree.
When we request entry to enter a country to live ,what checks are made on us and why?

Measles .a worry on 10:09 - Jan 21 with 2001 viewsGwyn737

Measles .a worry on 09:38 - Jan 21 by onehunglow

Well,we disagree.
When we request entry to enter a country to live ,what checks are made on us and why?

It’s not a case where of disagreeing. It’s stats.

1.200,000 came to the country legally last year, compared to around 50,000 illegally so a ratio of around 24:1.

The impact will be far greater from the larger number.
Measles .a worry on 10:30 - Jan 21 with 1988 viewsonehunglow

Measles .a worry on 10:09 - Jan 21 by Gwyn737

It’s not a case where of disagreeing. It’s stats.

1.200,000 came to the country legally last year, compared to around 50,000 illegally so a ratio of around 24:1.

The impact will be far greater from the larger number.

Well,I disagree.
How about answering my questioning and relating it to people coming into our country in this way

Measles .a worry on 10:37 - Jan 21 with 1984 viewsGwyn737

Measles .a worry on 10:30 - Jan 21 by onehunglow

Well,I disagree.
How about answering my questioning and relating it to people coming into our country in this way

I have.

Illegal immigration will have an impact on vaccination rates, but nowhere near the impact of 1.2 million legal immigrants annually that since Brexit have been increasingly non EU citizens and therefore more likely to be from differing ethnic/ religious groups.

Unless you’re suggesting that the compativly small number of illegals are having a bigger impact on immunisation rates?

As I said in an earlier post, I blame Andrew Wakefield more than anyone.
Measles .a worry on 10:43 - Jan 21 with 1980 viewsonehunglow

Quiet today innit

Measles .a worry on 11:10 - Jan 21 with 1957 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Measles .a worry on 10:37 - Jan 21 by Gwyn737

I have.

Illegal immigration will have an impact on vaccination rates, but nowhere near the impact of 1.2 million legal immigrants annually that since Brexit have been increasingly non EU citizens and therefore more likely to be from differing ethnic/ religious groups.

Unless you’re suggesting that the compativly small number of illegals are having a bigger impact on immunisation rates?

As I said in an earlier post, I blame Andrew Wakefield more than anyone.

His discredited report was over 25 years ago and vaccination rates did fall. After 2010 they started to rise again and by 2015 were back to previous levels. I doubt parents in the last 5 years or so have even heard of him let alone his report.

Measles .a worry on 12:10 - Jan 21 with 1927 viewsGwyn737

Measles .a worry on 11:10 - Jan 21 by felixstowe_jack

His discredited report was over 25 years ago and vaccination rates did fall. After 2010 they started to rise again and by 2015 were back to previous levels. I doubt parents in the last 5 years or so have even heard of him let alone his report.

He’s added to the general anti vax movement and is still causing mischief in the US.

Agree with you on current MMR take up.
Measles .a worry on 13:16 - Jan 21 with 1884 viewsmajorraglan

Measles .a worry on 10:30 - Jan 21 by onehunglow

Well,I disagree.

The government has mandated that a risk assessment of the person is completed and depending on the result follow up activity is undertaken, however as Gwyn has said legal migration from India, Nigeria outnumbers the boat people by 24 to 1.
Measles .a worry on 14:08 - Jan 21 with 1846 viewsonehunglow

Measles .a worry on 13:16 - Jan 21 by majorraglan

The government has mandated that a risk assessment of the person is completed and depending on the result follow up activity is undertaken, however as Gwyn has said legal migration from India, Nigeria outnumbers the boat people by 24 to 1.

So, it is just a co incidence measles is now virulent in cities where it had eradicated in 2016.
I repeat,we are creating real problems for ourselves
If measles was not endemic in cities not having this sort of incomers ,like Swansea ,then we d see different perspectives,mainly out of fear or concern

Measles .a worry on 14:24 - Jan 21 with 1840 viewsGwyn737

Measles .a worry on 14:08 - Jan 21 by onehunglow

So, it is just a co incidence measles is now virulent in cities where it had eradicated in 2016.
I repeat,we are creating real problems for ourselves
If measles was not endemic in cities not having this sort of incomers ,like Swansea ,then we d see different perspectives,mainly out of fear or concern

No , it’s not a coincidence.

It’s down to choices made, mostly linked to ethnicity and religion.

The largest numbers come from firstly exiting British citizens, many of whom have been here for generations.

This is followed by the large number of legal migrants, many of whom come from outside the EU since Brexit.

Other issues include the relatively small number of illegal immigrants and anti vaxxers.

As with most issues in this country, illegal immigrates are blames by some but in reality are exacerbating wider and deeper problems.
Measles .a worry on 15:15 - Jan 21 with 1822 viewsAnotherJohn

Measles .a worry on 13:16 - Jan 21 by majorraglan

I suppose that if the problem of rising incidence of previously well-controlled diseases increases then the Government should consider going further and introducing health checks for all. This is required in some countries, such as Thailand, as a necessary step in securing a work permit.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024