Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Leighton James passes away 20:25 - Apr 19 with 1645 viewsSwansIndependent

Leighton James passes away 19th Apr 2024 20:20
Swansea stalwart Leighton James has passed away after a long illness. The seventy one year old who brought top flight football to the city of Swansea sadly passed away earlier on today. 0

Updates as we get them.

This post has been edited by an administrator
Leighton James passes away on 20:33 - Apr 19 with 1617 viewsKeithHaynes

Please leave your memories here.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Leighton James passes away on 20:43 - Apr 19 with 1584 viewsraynor94

Remember us playing Derby in the year we went up at the Vetch their fans were giving him stick, he absolutely destroyed them.

One of the finest players to wear a Swans shirt I have seen in 60 years, unplayable in his pomp

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Leighton James passes away on 20:58 - Apr 19 with 1541 viewsmax936

Leighton James passes away on 20:43 - Apr 19 by raynor94

Remember us playing Derby in the year we went up at the Vetch their fans were giving him stick, he absolutely destroyed them.

One of the finest players to wear a Swans shirt I have seen in 60 years, unplayable in his pomp

Leighton, Robbie and Curt, three absolute legends and superb footballers.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Leighton James passes away on 21:08 - Apr 19 with 1519 viewsPlankton

RIP.
Legend.
Leighton James passes away on 21:10 - Apr 19 with 1509 viewsKeithHaynes

Leighton James passes away on 20:58 - Apr 19 by max936

Leighton, Robbie and Curt, three absolute legends and superb footballers.

I’ve just mailed Liam woth some info, worth checking out on the story, I hope it comes across well.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Leighton James passes away on 21:23 - Apr 19 with 1477 viewsunion_jack

I’m deeply saddened by this. He was one of the best players I ever saw especially in a Swans shirt. Misunderstood by so many who could not see him for who he really was, some on the previous incarnation of this site.

As has been said, RIP LEGEND!

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Leighton James passes away on 21:51 - Apr 19 with 1403 viewsAnotherJohn

One of the real stars of that fairy-tale period when we rose to the very top. I think the goal at Preston on the way up is the one that sticks in my mind. RIP.
Leighton James passes away on 06:23 - Apr 20 with 1056 viewsfelixstowe_jack

He was also a fine cricketer playing for Burnley in the Lancashire League. He was also a regular at St Helens watching Glamorgan.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Login to get fewer ads

Leighton James passes away on 09:00 - Apr 20 with 892 viewsswancity

A mercurial talent. A wing wizard. Alongside R James and Curtis my favourite footballer.

My best moment watching him play was in May 1981 at Preston. Standing in line with the edge of the Preston penalty box when James scored our second goal I think it was. A stunning 25 yarder when he cut in from the left onto his right foot.

I last spoke to him last year at Pontarddulais CC. Loved an argument. Spoke his mind. You knew where you were with him. Sad indeed that he’s gone. ❤️

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

Leighton James passes away on 10:06 - Apr 20 with 810 viewsonehunglow

Leighton James passes away on 09:00 - Apr 20 by swancity

A mercurial talent. A wing wizard. Alongside R James and Curtis my favourite footballer.

My best moment watching him play was in May 1981 at Preston. Standing in line with the edge of the Preston penalty box when James scored our second goal I think it was. A stunning 25 yarder when he cut in from the left onto his right foot.

I last spoke to him last year at Pontarddulais CC. Loved an argument. Spoke his mind. You knew where you were with him. Sad indeed that he’s gone. ❤️

The Preston game stands out.
Sad to read this and yes a Swansea legend

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Leighton James passes away on 11:37 - Apr 20 with 723 viewsmax936

Leighton James passes away on 09:00 - Apr 20 by swancity

Leighton had the first Tommy Craig the second and Charlo the third.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024