Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Vazquez 16:52 - Sep 22 with 8293 viewsAtleticoAbertawe

What's your opinion on Vazquez after his start today? I missed the first half due to work this morning, so I didn't get to see much of him.
[Post edited 22 Sep 2013 16:55]

"If you bring in £80, then don’t spend £100. That’s not hard, is it?" - Huw Jenkins 2013

Vasquez on 16:55 - Sep 22 with 8264 viewsDr_Winston

Certainly different to Michu and Bony. Bit of a mixed bag today. Anonymous first half, but a good assist and one missed sitter.

Think it'll take a little while for the rest of them to work out how he plays.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Vasquez on 16:56 - Sep 22 with 8255 viewsPozuelosSideys

Looked ok. Missed an effort he should really have scored with but also got an assist for Dyer. A definite upgrade on the Israeli Messi. Obviously not up to speed yet fully. Not sure how quick he is though. Hopefully thats a match fitness thing

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

Vazquez on 17:07 - Sep 22 with 8153 viewsmonmouth

Too early to say. have a feeling Bony would have bagged a few today but who knows. Did what he had to, to give Michu what he needed.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Vazquez on 17:15 - Sep 22 with 8110 viewsorion3016

Didn't panic when he picked out dyer for the 2nd, should have scored - decent debut

Be over there now after

Vazquez on 17:27 - Sep 22 with 8056 viewsJackhero

too early to say. Good assist though and one bad miss. Plenty more games to come , Brum in particular, then we may see the potential.

Tubbs: Will heaven be like Swansea? Edward: Yes, Tubbs. Only... bigger.

Vazquez on 18:22 - Sep 22 with 7838 viewsJokeren1943

Totally came as a surprise Vazquez played as a starter today when it was his first Swansea match ever. Think it surprised the Palace defenders alot when they had expected Bony. Nice tactical move by Laudrup.

He was abit nervous today.
Vazquez is a great player with a fine technic.
His workrate was really good.
He was very fast. Will be great when we counterattacks.
To me it seem to have the right killer instinct as a striker.
[Post edited 22 Sep 2013 18:23]
Vazquez on 18:30 - Sep 22 with 7774 viewsmawdlamjack

good debut, offers something different,good touch and speed,needs a bit more time but looks a good alternative if bony needs a rest or as an impact sub when defences start to tire.

on the northbank since 64 now languishing in the east stand

Vazquez on 18:34 - Sep 22 with 7737 viewsslate_dk

Surely he and Poz will get a full match on Wednesday... time for Michu to have a rest
Login to get fewer ads

Vazquez on 18:38 - Sep 22 with 7694 viewssomersetsimon

Vazquez on 18:34 - Sep 22 by slate_dk

Surely he and Poz will get a full match on Wednesday... time for Michu to have a rest

Didn't see the match today, so can't comment on what type of player Vazquez is. I could imagine Pozuelo playing off Bony really well. Is Vasquez the sort of player who would play up front on his own so Pozuelo (or Michu) could play off him?
Vazquez on 19:57 - Sep 22 with 7334 viewsPozuelosSideys

Vazquez on 18:38 - Sep 22 by somersetsimon

Didn't see the match today, so can't comment on what type of player Vazquez is. I could imagine Pozuelo playing off Bony really well. Is Vasquez the sort of player who would play up front on his own so Pozuelo (or Michu) could play off him?

Nope. Looks the nimble, nippy type to me. More of a poacher than a target man.

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

Vazquez on 20:12 - Sep 22 with 7231 viewsUxbridge

Looked like someone we've just brought in but did some good stuff. Let's judge him after a few games though.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

Vazquez on 21:32 - Sep 22 with 6881 viewsdameedna

Vazquez on 20:12 - Sep 22 by Uxbridge

Looked like someone we've just brought in but did some good stuff. Let's judge him after a few games though.

I picked him up front today

thought he was average and about right

maybe better than aspas but not exactly a sturridge

hope he plays v birmgham
Vazquez on 21:45 - Sep 22 with 6807 viewsCatullus

I thought he worked hard, showed up well. Looks quite quick. Maybe lacking in composure right now but that will come.
A decent enough debut.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Vazquez on 22:03 - Sep 22 with 6725 viewsskippyjack

The second goal sums up what we needed to add.

The awkward moment when a Welsh Club become the Champions of England.. shh The Swansea Way.. To upset the odds.
Poll: Best Swans Player

Vasquez on 22:33 - Sep 22 with 6598 viewsSwansNZ

Vasquez on 16:55 - Sep 22 by Dr_Winston

Certainly different to Michu and Bony. Bit of a mixed bag today. Anonymous first half, but a good assist and one missed sitter.

That's exactly what I thought - I didn't see him at all first half, then in the second he looked a bit better, should have scored or at the very least, tested the keeper, but did well for our second.

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

Vazquez on 23:27 - Sep 22 with 6485 viewsDavillin

Considerations: First game with new teammates, but similar team style. First game against a British team, I think (although they aren't "typical"). I agree with the posters who thought his first half was less than sparkling, but that he came on strong in the second.

That's as I would have expected, except he was rather more than just excellent in the second half. All in all, I thought he fit in very well after a half-hour or so.

He will become one of our go-to guys very quickly. Good job finding him and landing him, Laudrup Jenkins!

I don't care. I'm old. I don't have to.
Poll: In which hemispheres will China's space station [or biggest piece] crash?

Vazquez on 23:29 - Sep 22 with 6473 viewsChief

hes already outdone shechter

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

Vazquez on 23:42 - Sep 22 with 6434 viewsDyfnant

Should get some success against teams lacking pace at the back like Palace were.

Poll: How much will SCFC spend on transfer fees this summer

Vazquez on 01:36 - Sep 23 with 6257 viewsAdmire

Decent. Needs a little time to learn where he has to make his runs in thid attack..quite fast and with good technique. ...
Vasquez on 07:58 - Sep 23 with 6080 viewsHalon

Vasquez on 16:55 - Sep 22 by Dr_Winston

Spot on Doc
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024