Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Congratulations and Good luck Garry 01:45 - May 2 with 7938 viewsLiberty

You have my 110% support.

The job is his.

Poll: League 2 Mod , Darr, but we are now in Prem - time for a change ?

Congratulations and Good luck Garry on 01:58 - May 2 with 3202 viewsJackoBoostardo

He got the job in the Riverside bar?

Great stuff!

jk... Whilst nothing official yet, it's pretty much nailed on and we knew this anyway.

Monk has my full support
[Post edited 2 May 2014 2:02]

And we're Swaaaaanseeeea Ciiiityyyy! Swaaaansseeeaaa Ciiiityyy F C! We're not necessarily the greatest team in football, the world has ever seen (but we're possibly the most honest and resilient). - On behalf of The Campaign For Realistic Crowd Chanting
Poll: How could Van Persie survive such an horrific attack were it to happen again?

Congratulations and Good luck Garry on 02:07 - May 2 with 3191 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

I hope come November there are a number of excellent managers available capable of 'doing a Pulis' with us.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Congratulations and Good luck Garry on 02:16 - May 2 with 3186 viewsmitchwales

Congratulations and Good luck Garry on 02:07 - May 2 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

I hope come November there are a number of excellent managers available capable of 'doing a Pulis' with us.

How very strange of you, I personally hope we will not need one.
Congratulations and Good luck Garry on 04:03 - May 2 with 3127 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Congratulations and Good luck Garry on 02:16 - May 2 by mitchwales

How very strange of you, I personally hope we will not need one.

I hope we have an excellent season under Garry, I really do. I just cannot see it happening.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Congratulations and Good luck Garry on 06:18 - May 2 with 3061 viewsJethroJack

Congratulations and Good luck Garry on 02:07 - May 2 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

I KNOW that, come November, Garry will have shown you up to be the numpty that you are. Hopefully then you will disappear & worry about how your own team (and Ole, if he's still there) are coping in the Championship.
Congratulations and Good luck Garry on 07:37 - May 2 with 2940 viewsHuw57

Good Luck Garry we are all behind you!!

Poll: Do you want the Irish to get through?

Congratulations and Good luck Garry on 07:50 - May 2 with 2898 viewsNOTRAC

If this is true it's a massive gamble.There is far more to management than what Gary has achieved to date.I honestly believe there were a number of players in that team who could have done what he's done.
Now he has to show that he can deal with players and their contracts,decide what players are out and what players are wanted for next year.He has to be able to attract the right type of player into the club,read and tactically change games when they are not going for us, but most importantly of all show that he is not just a yes man for the Board because if that proves to be the case ,we will struggle next year.

Poll: Has the Europa Cup been worth entering this year?

Congratulations and Good luck Garry on 08:21 - May 2 with 2799 viewsWarwickHunt

If this is true it would appear we haven't even bothered to interview anyone else.

Mental.
Login to get fewer ads

Congratulations and Good luck Garry on 08:25 - May 2 with 2776 viewsJokeren1943

Monk may win the last two matchs and be a potential new manager.

Or Monk may lose the last two and have had a quite average spring (when you consider the squad's potential).

Lets finish the season and see how it went.
[Post edited 2 May 2014 8:27]
Congratulations and Good luck Garry on 08:32 - May 2 with 2746 viewsAnotherJohn

Congratulations and Good luck Garry on 08:25 - May 2 by Jokeren1943

Or Monk may lose the last two and have had a quite average spring (when you consider the squad's potential).

Agree with this. Monk has won me around somewhat with the last two results, but I'd expect more before making a decision. There is so much riding on this that I'd expect divergent opinions within the board,
Congratulations and Good luck Garry on 08:32 - May 2 with 2742 viewsApeShit

Summer signings will be:

Emnes (permanent deal)
Mark Davies
Some other random championship player (as long as hes British.)

Congratulations and Good luck Garry on 08:34 - May 2 with 2734 viewsJACKARSE

Congratulations and Good luck Garry on 07:50 - May 2 by NOTRAC

If this is true it's a massive gamble.There is far more to management than what Gary has achieved to date.I honestly believe there were a number of players in that team who could have done what he's done.
Now he has to show that he can deal with players and their contracts,decide what players are out and what players are wanted for next year.He has to be able to attract the right type of player into the club,read and tactically change games when they are not going for us, but most importantly of all show that he is not just a yes man for the Board because if that proves to be the case ,we will struggle next year.

This
Congratulations and Good luck Garry on 08:37 - May 2 with 2723 viewsWarwickHunt

Congratulations and Good luck Garry on 08:25 - May 2 by Jokeren1943

The outcome of the last two matches should be irrelevant - either way.

There are much bigger considerations when appointing a new long-term manager.
Congratulations and Good luck Garry on 08:56 - May 2 with 2657 viewsJokeren1943

Congratulations and Good luck Garry on 08:37 - May 2 by WarwickHunt

The outcome of the last two matches should be irrelevant - either way.

There are much bigger considerations when appointing a new long-term manager.

To me there are bigger considerations appointing a rookie manager then an experienced one.

Personal if Monk gets a draw and a win in the last two matchs I think we should keep him (To me he just need those last 10 % yet to show he is up for the job).

I think we have an experienced squad who has underpreformed this season under both our managers.
[Post edited 2 May 2014 8:58]
Congratulations and Good luck Garry on 09:01 - May 2 with 2638 viewsWarwickHunt

Congratulations and Good luck Garry on 08:56 - May 2 by Jokeren1943

To me there are bigger considerations appointing a rookie manager then an experienced one.

Personal if Monk gets a draw and a win in the last two matchs I think we should keep him (To me he just need those last 10 % yet to show he is up for the job).

I think we have an experienced squad who has underpreformed this season under both our managers.
[Post edited 2 May 2014 8:58]

So - getting four points from the last two matches makes him suitable to be manager but getting two or three points doesn't?

Irrelevant and utterly bonkers.
Congratulations and Good luck Garry on 09:06 - May 2 with 2615 viewsraynor94

Good luck garry, but what has made my day is seeing liberty the king of the headers make this post. Priceless!

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Congratulations and Good luck Garry on 09:07 - May 2 with 2612 viewsUxbridge

Congratulations and Good luck Garry on 09:01 - May 2 by WarwickHunt

So - getting four points from the last two matches makes him suitable to be manager but getting two or three points doesn't?

Quite. it seems his suitability is being defined by some purely from one result to the next. The decision is much bigger than that.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

Congratulations and Good luck Garry on 09:11 - May 2 with 2588 viewsJackSomething

Congratulations and Good luck Garry on 09:06 - May 2 by raynor94

Good luck garry, but what has made my day is seeing liberty the king of the headers make this post. Priceless!

To be fair, he's been saying over and over that Garry will have his full support if he gets the job.
[Post edited 2 May 2014 9:11]

You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help.

Congratulations and Good luck Garry on 09:12 - May 2 with 2574 viewsJackSomething

Congratulations and Good luck Garry on 09:07 - May 2 by Uxbridge

Quite. it seems his suitability is being defined by some purely from one result to the next. The decision is much bigger than that.

Absolutely it is and it's alarming how many seem to be missing that point.

You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help.

Congratulations and Good luck Garry on 09:13 - May 2 with 2569 viewsJokeren1943

Congratulations and Good luck Garry on 09:01 - May 2 by WarwickHunt

Not more then everybody wanna sign Monk after a lucky win against NewCastle and a win against VIlla.

I love the way how he motivate the squad. But I think Monk substitutions often are rubbish, he has no experience and proberly no network when we are going to get cheap quality players this summer.

3 weeks ago everybody wanted him to be sacked, now everybody think he is a genius.

I want the last persuasion.

[Post edited 2 May 2014 9:17]
Congratulations and Good luck Garry on 09:14 - May 2 with 2562 viewsJethroJack

As its a results-based industry, Garry's performance for a third of a season matches that of BR & ML.....15 points from 12 prem games = 1.25pts per game.....not to mention several decent performances in defeat (Liverpool, Everton, Napoli). All that verses 2 poor 2nd halves against Palace & WBA and a poor show against Hull.

Not a bad start for a rookie......give him the job Huw. & the chance to surprise many with his player recruitment.
Congratulations and Good luck Garry on 09:20 - May 2 with 2514 viewsraynor94

Congratulations and Good luck Garry on 09:11 - May 2 by JackSomething

To be fair, he's been saying over and over that Garry will have his full support if he gets the job.
[Post edited 2 May 2014 9:11]

Yes in the last two weeks, he had an agenda against monk from day one, I'm glad to read he now has his unwavering support

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Congratulations and Good luck Garry on 09:28 - May 2 with 2473 views3swan

Congratulations and Good luck Garry on 09:13 - May 2 by Jokeren1943

Not more then everybody wanna sign Monk after a lucky win against NewCastle and a win against VIlla.

I love the way how he motivate the squad. But I think Monk substitutions often are rubbish, he has no experience and proberly no network when we are going to get cheap quality players this summer.

3 weeks ago everybody wanted him to be sacked, now everybody think he is a genius.

I want the last persuasion.

[Post edited 2 May 2014 9:17]

"3 weeks ago everybody wanted him to be sacked, now everybody think he is a genius. "

I've never seen that at all, as far as I've read posters have had reservations but are prepared to give him a chance. Other's have reservations and don't want to take the risk.
I think that has been much the case from day one.

"But I think Monk substitutions often are rubbish"

Every move he's made has been under the spotlight and highlighted. Every manager makes some mistakes or poor choices, but when GM makes one it's jumped on as lack of experience.

I'm in the "with reservations but willing to give him a chance", but then again I don't know the options available.

In the big picture over the 12 league games + cup games if we were posting on an experienced manager, who had done the same as Garry, would we even be having the debate?
Congratulations and Good luck Garry on 09:44 - May 2 with 2404 viewsWarwickHunt

Congratulations and Good luck Garry on 09:28 - May 2 by 3swan

"3 weeks ago everybody wanted him to be sacked, now everybody think he is a genius. "

I've never seen that at all, as far as I've read posters have had reservations but are prepared to give him a chance. Other's have reservations and don't want to take the risk.
I think that has been much the case from day one.

"But I think Monk substitutions often are rubbish"

Every move he's made has been under the spotlight and highlighted. Every manager makes some mistakes or poor choices, but when GM makes one it's jumped on as lack of experience.

I'm in the "with reservations but willing to give him a chance", but then again I don't know the options available.

In the big picture over the 12 league games + cup games if we were posting on an experienced manager, who had done the same as Garry, would we even be having the debate?

"In the big picture over the 12 league games + cup games if we were posting on an experienced manager, who had done the same as Garry, would we even be having the debate?"

No, because the hard bit starts once the season ends...
Congratulations and Good luck Garry on 09:47 - May 2 with 2391 views3swan

Congratulations and Good luck Garry on 09:44 - May 2 by WarwickHunt

"In the big picture over the 12 league games + cup games if we were posting on an experienced manager, who had done the same as Garry, would we even be having the debate?"

No, because the hard bit starts once the season ends...

And that's why you're in the

" Other's have reservations and don't want to take the risk. "

You've written him off on an issue he hasn't had a chance to prove one way or another, as he hasn't had a pre-season.

I still have those reservations, but it's not based on fact only thoughts
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024