Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Kev Johns and the national anthem 08:33 - Feb 19 with 1865 viewsswanskid95

Would anybody like to see the national anthem played at the last home game of every season?

I know we have a lot of English fans, but it would be great to see a bit of Welsh passion now and again since we are the ONLY Welsh team in the top flight

I did ask Kev about this on Twitter and he loves the idea, just not sure the club would like it, or even so!e fans for that matter.
Kev Johns and the national anthem on 08:48 - Feb 19 with 1847 viewsDDCH

I don't think they are allowed to do it just before kick off, and even 5 mins before the stadium is still half empty as people are stuck at the turnstiles

The poster formally known as DannyDyersChocolateHomunculus

Kev Johns and the national anthem on 08:51 - Feb 19 with 1843 viewsbuilthjack

I think we identify ourselves as Welsh by singing Hymns and Arias every game.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Kev Johns and the national anthem on 09:03 - Feb 19 with 1818 viewsApeShit

We'll be singing this soon while eating "twinkies" ?

Kev Johns and the national anthem on 09:08 - Feb 19 with 1809 viewsLohengrin

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Kev Johns and the national anthem on 10:39 - Feb 19 with 1703 viewsScoobyWho

What if they played the UK national anthem instead ?
You know, the one with the queen in it.

Everybody would be united then, wouldn't they ?

DGT Bullshit Connoisseur.
Poll: Election 2015 Thread : Who will you vote for ?

Kev Johns and the national anthem on 10:49 - Feb 19 with 1689 viewsLohengrin

Kev Johns and the national anthem on 10:39 - Feb 19 by ScoobyWho

Ha! Ha! What was that line from Jaws? "I think we're going to need a bigger boat."

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Kev Johns and the national anthem on 11:54 - Feb 19 with 1622 viewsJBT95

I hope that is a joke.

It's the English national anthem so I don't sing it.

In fact I mute the TV when it comes on. Horrible tune.
Kev Johns and the national anthem on 12:09 - Feb 19 with 1593 viewsApeShit

Kev Johns and the national anthem on 11:54 - Feb 19 by JBT95

I hope that is a joke.

We could update it and get the Black Eyed Peas or someone like that to remix it?
Login to get fewer ads

Kev Johns and the national anthem on 12:13 - Feb 19 with 1589 viewsairedale

Kev Johns and the national anthem on 11:54 - Feb 19 by JBT95

I hope that is a joke.

The funny thing is that the English region of the UK doesn't have an Anthem. God save the Queen is everybody's anthem in the country.
Kev Johns and the national anthem on 12:23 - Feb 19 with 1567 viewstrampie

Mother of God

United, united in what singing or booing ?
[Post edited 19 Feb 2015 12:25]

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

Kev Johns and the national anthem on 12:30 - Feb 19 with 1550 viewsjacabertawe

Kev Johns and the national anthem on 12:13 - Feb 19 by airedale

The funny thing is that the English region of the UK doesn't have an Anthem. God save the Queen is everybody's anthem in the country.

Not so. It is the rather strange national anthem of England which does not even mention that country (but does mention the Scots) and is a devotion to the English monarchy. The tune itself has been used by a number of other European countries. But what if someone is an English republican? There is a movement to have "Jerusalem" adopted there: but what if someone is an English atheist?
GSTQ certainly is not my anthem: Welsh and a republican, that's me!

Britishness...is a political synonym for Englishness which extends English culture over the Scots, the Welsh, and the Irish. - Gwynfor Evans

Kev Johns and the national anthem on 12:33 - Feb 19 with 1541 viewsApeShit

Kev Johns and the national anthem on 12:30 - Feb 19 by jacabertawe

Not so. It is the rather strange national anthem of England which does not even mention that country (but does mention the Scots) and is a devotion to the English monarchy. The tune itself has been used by a number of other European countries. But what if someone is an English republican? There is a movement to have "Jerusalem" adopted there: but what if someone is an English atheist?
GSTQ certainly is not my anthem: Welsh and a republican, that's me!

Good for you!
Kev Johns and the national anthem on 12:36 - Feb 19 with 1533 viewsJackfath

I hope to goodness I never witness this. It would be highly embarrassing.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Kev Johns and the national anthem on 13:13 - Feb 19 with 1493 viewssully49

I was in Scotland this weekend and watched England v Italy in a pub. Just as God Save the Queen started, the DJ started playing the Proclaimers 500 miles it was absolutely orgasmic.

Poll: Is there any way for Lee Trundle to play in this squad?

Kev Johns and the national anthem on 13:27 - Feb 19 with 1465 viewsDewi1jack

Kev Johns and the national anthem on 13:13 - Feb 19 by sully49

I was in Scotland this weekend and watched England v Italy in a pub. Just as God Save the Queen started, the DJ started playing the Proclaimers 500 miles it was absolutely orgasmic.

This from the sweaties that bottled leaving the Union and having a go themselves?

Anyway, would we be allowed to play the Welsh National Anthem? We had to play under the English flag in our last foray into Europe.
Nothing to stop us singing it though.
Someone could even get the words printed on little hand-out sheets for the Welsh people who don't know the words

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

Kev Johns and the national anthem on 14:24 - Feb 19 with 1399 viewssully49

Kev Johns and the national anthem on 13:27 - Feb 19 by Dewi1jack

This from the sweaties that bottled leaving the Union and having a go themselves?

Anyway, would we be allowed to play the Welsh National Anthem? We had to play under the English flag in our last foray into Europe.
Nothing to stop us singing it though.
Someone could even get the words printed on little hand-out sheets for the Welsh people who don't know the words

That' a fantastic idea. On YouTube, I believe you can print a sort of pigeon Welsh National anthem, for non-Welsh speakers.

If we ALL start singing that together, I bet the Man U supporters will have never heard OUR National Anthem sung with passion, except maybe on the telly. It would be one of the special memories they take back with them and say I was there.

I'd take bets that they WILL definitely sing God Save the Queen when they do, we sing Hymns and Arias. Let's see that on Match of the day that evening, not.

Poll: Is there any way for Lee Trundle to play in this squad?

Kev Johns and the national anthem on 14:54 - Feb 19 with 1368 viewsApeShit

Kev Johns and the national anthem on 14:24 - Feb 19 by sully49

That' a fantastic idea. On YouTube, I believe you can print a sort of pigeon Welsh National anthem, for non-Welsh speakers.

If we ALL start singing that together, I bet the Man U supporters will have never heard OUR National Anthem sung with passion, except maybe on the telly. It would be one of the special memories they take back with them and say I was there.

I'd take bets that they WILL definitely sing God Save the Queen when they do, we sing Hymns and Arias. Let's see that on Match of the day that evening, not.

I can't tell whether you are being serious or not?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024