Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Are there any protests planned for Saturday 17:48 - Feb 18 with 4546 viewsBorojack

Just wondered if anything is going to happen in or outside the ground or are we just sitting back quietly and waiting for the inevitable.
It will be to late after its all signed off its probably to late already

Poll: Should Huw Jenkins be sacked

Are there any protests planned for Saturday on 18:12 - Feb 18 with 2895 viewsWhiterockin

Protest against what?
Are there any protests planned for Saturday on 18:14 - Feb 18 with 2885 viewsPrivate_Partz

I doubt there will be any this soon. We would not even be sure of what we are protesting against at this time. I think we are doing fine currently by keeping a very wary eye on progress. If the time comes to protest I suspect it will be obvious to a very large faction of our support. Some could argue that such action would be too late but never underestimate the power of mass protest within a football club.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Are there any protests planned for Saturday on 18:16 - Feb 18 with 2868 viewsOldjack

I still can't believe or come too terms with certain people within the club would jeopardize all the good work done in the past for a pot of gold ,what gripes me aswell, Huw said investment for the club which if we sell to the yanks this will not be the case i'm led to believe
one very worried JB

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Are there any protests planned for Saturday on 18:41 - Feb 18 with 2779 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Are there any protests planned for Saturday on 18:16 - Feb 18 by Oldjack

I still can't believe or come too terms with certain people within the club would jeopardize all the good work done in the past for a pot of gold ,what gripes me aswell, Huw said investment for the club which if we sell to the yanks this will not be the case i'm led to believe
one very worried JB

There is no "Investment for the Club", there is only investment IN the club ie shares.
Being loaned money is not "Investment", now if they are philanthropists and want to "Give" the club some money with no strings that would be an investment FOR the club.
Of course if the money from the sale of the Shares was to be spent on the Club and not pocketed by the shares sellers that would be something else entirely.
Dream On.
Are there any protests planned for Saturday on 19:04 - Feb 18 with 2702 viewsWhiterockin

Are there any protests planned for Saturday on 18:12 - Feb 18 by Whiterockin

Protest against what?

Borojack, you haven't answered my question.

Are you suggesting that people protest against one individual selling their shares in a company to another individual.
Are there any protests planned for Saturday on 19:04 - Feb 18 with 2702 viewsOldjack

Are there any protests planned for Saturday on 18:41 - Feb 18 by A_Fans_Dad

There is no "Investment for the Club", there is only investment IN the club ie shares.
Being loaned money is not "Investment", now if they are philanthropists and want to "Give" the club some money with no strings that would be an investment FOR the club.
Of course if the money from the sale of the Shares was to be spent on the Club and not pocketed by the shares sellers that would be something else entirely.
Dream On.

SWANSEA City chairman Huw Jenkins moved to reassure fans last night over the possibility of foreign investors arriving at the Liberty Stadium.

Speaking at a fans' forum in Port Talbot, Mr Jenkins said the club was simply seeking greater commercial opportunities.

It is understood Swansea have held discussions with a group of wealthy Americans over the possibility of getting involved at the Liberty Stadium, while they have also talked to interested parties from Russia and Asia.

At last night's meeting he said: "There has been a lot of interest in other clubs in the Premier League. New investors have come in from different parts of the world. At the same time the Premier League are looking to play games in Asia, Africa and different parts of the world and it's only going to get bigger.

Read more: http://www.southwales-eveningpost.co.uk/Huw-Jenkins-investors-meetings-explore-c
Follow us: @SWEveningPost on Twitter | SWEveningPost on Facebook

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Are there any protests planned for Saturday on 19:16 - Feb 18 with 2652 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Are there any protests planned for Saturday on 19:04 - Feb 18 by Oldjack

SWANSEA City chairman Huw Jenkins moved to reassure fans last night over the possibility of foreign investors arriving at the Liberty Stadium.

Speaking at a fans' forum in Port Talbot, Mr Jenkins said the club was simply seeking greater commercial opportunities.

It is understood Swansea have held discussions with a group of wealthy Americans over the possibility of getting involved at the Liberty Stadium, while they have also talked to interested parties from Russia and Asia.

At last night's meeting he said: "There has been a lot of interest in other clubs in the Premier League. New investors have come in from different parts of the world. At the same time the Premier League are looking to play games in Asia, Africa and different parts of the world and it's only going to get bigger.

Read more: http://www.southwales-eveningpost.co.uk/Huw-Jenkins-investors-meetings-explore-c
Follow us: @SWEveningPost on Twitter | SWEveningPost on Facebook

"Mr Jenkins said the club was simply seeking greater commercial opportunities."

Does not require the sale of a single share.

But of course this bit does "New investors have come in from different parts of the world"

Not just Yanks, but Russians and Asians as well?
That sounds really DESPERATE to sell.
Are there any protests planned for Saturday on 19:22 - Feb 18 with 2625 viewsOldjack

Are there any protests planned for Saturday on 19:16 - Feb 18 by A_Fans_Dad

"Mr Jenkins said the club was simply seeking greater commercial opportunities."

Does not require the sale of a single share.

But of course this bit does "New investors have come in from different parts of the world"

Not just Yanks, but Russians and Asians as well?
That sounds really DESPERATE to sell.

Where's this selling 30 % of shares come from ?

Login to get fewer ads

Are there any protests planned for Saturday on 19:27 - Feb 18 with 2605 viewsJackanapes

We would not even be sure of what we are protesting against at this time.

“The stupidest thing she knew was for people to act like they knew all about the things they knew absolutely nothing about.”

Are there any protests planned for Saturday on 20:16 - Feb 18 with 2417 viewsmorningstar

Are there any protests planned for Saturday on 19:27 - Feb 18 by Jackanapes

We would not even be sure of what we are protesting against at this time.

We can hold rehearsals? Decide who's going to use the megaphone etc?

Only winner of Planetswans Petulant Diva award.
Poll: Southampton home next. How many points

Are there any protests planned for Saturday on 20:17 - Feb 18 with 2417 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Are there any protests planned for Saturday on 19:22 - Feb 18 by Oldjack

Where's this selling 30 % of shares come from ?

Are you asking me?
Are there any protests planned for Saturday on 20:42 - Feb 18 with 2343 viewsBorojack

Are there any protests planned for Saturday on 19:04 - Feb 18 by Whiterockin

Borojack, you haven't answered my question.

Are you suggesting that people protest against one individual selling their shares in a company to another individual.

Sorry I took so long to reply went out for a curry
chicken madras very nice.
There seems to be plenty of verbal protests on here.
I just thought it would be a nice gesture to let the board know
what the fans think of the proposed sale to the Americans which will be the death of our club as we know it.
Just my view.

Are there any protests planned for Saturday on 21:13 - Feb 18 with 2278 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Are there any protests planned for Saturday on 20:16 - Feb 18 by morningstar

I think I've still got some banners from last time .

We can just change a few letters.

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

Are there any protests planned for Saturday on 21:19 - Feb 18 with 2258 viewsPacemaker

Are there any protests planned for Saturday on 20:42 - Feb 18 by Borojack

Sorry I took so long to reply went out for a curry
chicken madras very nice.
There seems to be plenty of verbal protests on here.
I just thought it would be a nice gesture to let the board know
what the fans think of the proposed sale to the Americans which will be the death of our club as we know it.
Just my view.

Everybody is assuming that any sale of shares will only bring bad news, I am not happy about it but only because of the potential for it to go wrong, however until I actually hear what the actual transaction will be I am prepared to give the board the benefit of the doubt.

I find it hard to believe they would risk everything for a one off sale, after all if they keep things as they are and we stay in the Premier league they can pay themselves dividends every year which could well amount to the amount from this one off sale.

Life is an adventure or nothing at all.

Are there any protests planned for Saturday on 21:38 - Feb 18 with 2181 viewsbuilthjack

There's usually a protest outside Rossi's, complaining about the slow service

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Are there any protests planned for Saturday on 21:41 - Feb 18 with 2164 viewsjackonicko

Depends whether Gomis starts.
Are there any protests planned for Saturday on 21:45 - Feb 18 with 2138 viewsClinton

Mass walkout planned for the 85th minute apparently....

If you can fill the unforgiving minute. With sixty seconds' worth of distance run, Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it, And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!

Are there any protests planned for Saturday on 21:45 - Feb 18 with 2137 viewsswansealad69

Wtf ?
Protest's now ffs.
This is getting ridiculous at best.
Just feck off and get a life ffs.
Are there any protests planned for Saturday on 21:49 - Feb 18 with 2121 viewsOldjack

Are there any protests planned for Saturday on 21:19 - Feb 18 by Pacemaker

Everybody is assuming that any sale of shares will only bring bad news, I am not happy about it but only because of the potential for it to go wrong, however until I actually hear what the actual transaction will be I am prepared to give the board the benefit of the doubt.

I find it hard to believe they would risk everything for a one off sale, after all if they keep things as they are and we stay in the Premier league they can pay themselves dividends every year which could well amount to the amount from this one off sale.

Ditto ,we'll wait and see shall we

Are there any protests planned for Saturday on 21:59 - Feb 18 with 2104 viewsBorojack

Well the Padres didnt do too well out of it downgraded the playing side & took all the TV
money.
These guys are billionaires there is no way they would only purchase 30% if they didnt think they could get a controlling share later on then the shit will really hit the fan.

Are there any protests planned for Saturday on 22:38 - Feb 18 with 2009 viewsPacemaker

Are there any protests planned for Saturday on 21:59 - Feb 18 by Borojack

Well the Padres didnt do too well out of it downgraded the playing side & took all the TV
money.
These guys are billionaires there is no way they would only purchase 30% if they didnt think they could get a controlling share later on then the shit will really hit the fan.

The only way they can get above 30% is by buying off current shareholders, when the best you can get for your money in a bank is less than 5% interest then you would have to be bonkers to sell your interest in a PL club with a vastly superior return for your cash.

Life is an adventure or nothing at all.

Are there any protests planned for Saturday on 22:44 - Feb 18 with 1994 viewsFuggie

Agreed.

Wait until the offer is made and wait for the details. It will not benefit the Swans 100%, but nothing will. It will be how much the club is willing to risk to secure additional funding.

If it appears to be bad then the Trust members can vote against it and the Board has 1 vote against the proposed sale. If they are ardent Swans Supporters they will listen but it will be a "Wait and See".

Whatever happens you will have some fans saying "I told you so" in the future.
Are there any protests planned for Saturday on 22:48 - Feb 18 with 1981 viewsBonjour

Can we protest about the shite brand of football being served up at present?

That's more of a concern for me
Are there any protests planned for Saturday on 22:51 - Feb 18 with 1970 viewsFuggie

Are there any protests planned for Saturday on 22:48 - Feb 18 by Bonjour

Can we protest about the shite brand of football being served up at present?

That's more of a concern for me

Agreed
Are there any protests planned for Saturday on 23:37 - Feb 18 with 1905 viewsSwansNZ

Are there any protests planned for Saturday on 20:16 - Feb 18 by morningstar

"What do we want?"
“We don’t know!”
“When do we want it?”
“Now, or maybe later, or maybe not at all!”

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024