Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The worst thing about Wales not going to the World Cup 21:25 - Oct 9 with 5471 viewsDarran

Is Coleman will probably be available. 😩

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

The worst thing about Wales not going to the World Cup on 21:59 - Oct 9 with 5379 viewsawayjack

His defensive set up for draws makes PC tactics look creative and dynamic.
The worst thing about Wales not going to the World Cup on 22:00 - Oct 9 with 5368 viewsDarran

The worst thing about Wales not going to the World Cup on 21:59 - Oct 9 by awayjack

His defensive set up for draws makes PC tactics look creative and dynamic.

Fair point.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

The worst thing about Wales not going to the World Cup on 22:08 - Oct 9 with 5342 viewsWingstandwood

Am I the only person of a certain age group who has this mindset? I've seen Wales fail to qualify, so many times, on so many occasions and always (so near but yet so far) right near the finish line? That I've acquired a sort of Immunity and high tolerance threshold for Wales World Cup qualification dissapointment.

I’ve become psychologically conditioned and prepared by repeat, repeat, repeat, repeat failure upon more failure. I expect repeat failure to be an inevitability and the expected outcome. I take it in my stride like the sh#t wet and cold weather that we get during winter time, thats always expected as well!
[Post edited 9 Oct 2017 22:09]

Argus!

The worst thing about Wales not going to the World Cup on 22:15 - Oct 9 with 5304 viewsmax936

The worst thing about Wales not going to the World Cup on 22:08 - Oct 9 by Wingstandwood

Am I the only person of a certain age group who has this mindset? I've seen Wales fail to qualify, so many times, on so many occasions and always (so near but yet so far) right near the finish line? That I've acquired a sort of Immunity and high tolerance threshold for Wales World Cup qualification dissapointment.

I’ve become psychologically conditioned and prepared by repeat, repeat, repeat, repeat failure upon more failure. I expect repeat failure to be an inevitability and the expected outcome. I take it in my stride like the sh#t wet and cold weather that we get during winter time, thats always expected as well!

You make a good point but tonight was different, not enough strength in depth same as its always been. ideally I'd have started young Woodburn, but he would have been targeted after the first whistle, Kanu was busy enough, but he's so limited and Vokes is a target man and a big lump and that's all he offers, Davies normally loves to get forward, but was obviously under orders, losing Joey was a massive blow for us, that said I don't think we would have scored.
[Post edited 9 Oct 2017 22:51]

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

The worst thing about Wales not going to the World Cup on 22:34 - Oct 9 with 5235 viewsWingstandwood

The worst thing about Wales not going to the World Cup on 22:15 - Oct 9 by max936

You make a good point but tonight was different, not enough strength in depth same as its always been. ideally I'd have started young Woodburn, but he would have been targeted after the first whistle, Kanu was busy enough, but he's so limited and Vokes is a target man and a big lump and that's all he offers, Davies normally loves to get forward, but was obviously under orders, losing Joey was a massive blow for us, that said I don't think we would have scored.
[Post edited 9 Oct 2017 22:51]

Wales’s one hope is for there to be a similar scenario to emerge like the one that was so profound regarding the 1970's Wales rugby team. Fruition and exact timing for a team to be blessed at exactly the right time with a larger more numerically superior amount of truly world class players of skill and talent. One or two is not enough!

A team stuffed with cloggers, workhorses, honest endeavour players of limited skill and minimal end product do not pick up so many of those vitally required points.

I'm hoping with all the money that’s been spent by Cardiff and Swansea on youth that a rich vein of talent emerges sometime soon.
[Post edited 9 Oct 2017 22:35]

Argus!

The worst thing about Wales not going to the World Cup on 00:44 - Oct 10 with 5110 viewsNookiejack

The worst thing about Wales not going to the World Cup on 22:08 - Oct 9 by Wingstandwood

Me too.

Mind you nothing stops anyone buying some tickets to see a few games in St Petersburg. Winter Palace and Hermitage Museum etc.
The worst thing about Wales not going to the World Cup on 08:20 - Oct 10 with 4947 viewsSmellyplumz

Will I see Wales in the world cup in my life time.... I'm 47 now. Doesn't feel like I will today.

""Although I cannot promise or predict the future, I can guarantee one thing - the current board of directors will always fight, as we have done over the last 12 years, to work together as one with the Supporters Trust to make 100% sure that Swansea City football club remains the number one priority in all our thoughts and in every decision we make."
Poll: Huw Jenkins

The worst thing about Wales not going to the World Cup on 08:23 - Oct 10 with 4941 viewsburty

I feel sick watching that loss.
Login to get fewer ads

The worst thing about Wales not going to the World Cup on 08:28 - Oct 10 with 4930 viewsBarrySwan

I suppose a team is only as good as the players that are qualified to play for it.

And to be honest both those two teams out on the pitch last night would struggle in League two, they were both hopeless.

The Hennessy Williams farce that led to their goal just about summed up the state of the team.

The standard of play bereft of even the most basic of skills you'd like to associate with professional football was so bad that I turned over the minute that the waste of space John Williams came on for Allen but was unfortunate enough to flick back just as the goal was scored which confirmed exactly why I'd turned over in the first place.
[Post edited 10 Oct 2017 8:29]
The worst thing about Wales not going to the World Cup on 08:34 - Oct 10 with 4904 viewsowainglyndwr

Ireland picked our pockets just look at the stats.
Did the ref have sponsorship from Paddy Power ?
After Joes booking surely 3 or 4 of the Ireland players should of been booked.
Anyway good luck to them but I cannot see them coming through the play offs
The worst thing about Wales not going to the World Cup on 08:39 - Oct 10 with 4888 viewsLandore_Jack

Ireland came here with a plan and it worked. They tactically outsmarted Wales. Wales were poor and the players should be embarrassed by that performance.

#backtojack

The worst thing about Wales not going to the World Cup on 19:36 - Oct 10 with 4688 viewsNookiejack

A very rousing national anthem

The worst thing about Wales not going to the World Cup on 19:45 - Oct 10 with 4670 viewsmax936

I hope Coleman stays as Wales Boss, who else would take it on and move it forward, if the players aren't there there's not much he or anyone else can do, we've looked organised and been able to score and he got us to the Semi Finals of the Euro's not a bad achievement, this campaign hasn't been great overall and ended disappointingly, but he's done well enough over the last few years, team needs work yes, hopefully there's a few up and coming youngsters that can be bedded in and some out there ready to replace some players who will probably finish.

The worst thing about Wales not going to the World Cup on 19:50 - Oct 10 with 4654 viewsmonmouth

The worst thing about Wales not going to the World Cup on 19:45 - Oct 10 by max936

I hope Coleman stays as Wales Boss, who else would take it on and move it forward, if the players aren't there there's not much he or anyone else can do, we've looked organised and been able to score and he got us to the Semi Finals of the Euro's not a bad achievement, this campaign hasn't been great overall and ended disappointingly, but he's done well enough over the last few years, team needs work yes, hopefully there's a few up and coming youngsters that can be bedded in and some out there ready to replace some players who will probably finish.

Semi finals of the Euros, not bad? For Wales? Good god you have high standards.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

The worst thing about Wales not going to the World Cup on 20:17 - Oct 10 with 4612 viewsmax936

The worst thing about Wales not going to the World Cup on 19:50 - Oct 10 by monmouth

Semi finals of the Euros, not bad? For Wales? Good god you have high standards.

It was a start ffs first qualification for a major Championship in over 50 odd yrs, he can only piss with the cock he's got, the strength in-depth isn't there, yes he's made mistakes, but who is there to take over and do a better job Sam Allardyce wants another job as an international Manager give it to him is it?

The worst thing about Wales not going to the World Cup on 20:44 - Oct 10 with 4586 viewsKingBony

The worst thing about Wales not going to the World Cup on 20:17 - Oct 10 by max936

It was a start ffs first qualification for a major Championship in over 50 odd yrs, he can only piss with the cock he's got, the strength in-depth isn't there, yes he's made mistakes, but who is there to take over and do a better job Sam Allardyce wants another job as an international Manager give it to him is it?

Allardyce would get us to the next two tournaments #Fact

Daddy Daddy cool, Daddy Daddy cool

The worst thing about Wales not going to the World Cup on 21:47 - Oct 10 with 4521 viewsmax936

The worst thing about Wales not going to the World Cup on 20:44 - Oct 10 by KingBony

Allardyce would get us to the next two tournaments #Fact

Well if CC does go and SA comes in I'll stick my best shirt on it

The worst thing about Wales not going to the World Cup on 00:13 - Oct 11 with 4460 viewsbuilthjack

Don't be surprised if my old mate Carl Robinson gets the gig. Just saying.
Well worth a punt at 50/1.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

The worst thing about Wales not going to the World Cup on 00:26 - Oct 11 with 4449 viewsGaryjack

The worst thing about Wales not going to the World Cup on 00:13 - Oct 11 by builthjack

Don't be surprised if my old mate Carl Robinson gets the gig. Just saying.
Well worth a punt at 50/1.

I'd rather put a quid on Tommy Robinson builth.
The worst thing about Wales not going to the World Cup on 06:45 - Oct 11 with 4378 viewsbuilthjack

The worst thing about Wales not going to the World Cup on 00:26 - Oct 11 by Garyjack

I'd rather put a quid on Tommy Robinson builth.

Just watch that space and get your quid on gazza

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024