Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Trust AGM 22:15 - Jan 9 with 6048 viewsSkettyJack

Any news on the date for this now that the previous minutes have been published? Also within the minutes for Decembers meeting it mentions the next meeting was last Monday!

Trust AGM on 12:06 - Jan 10 with 5176 viewsNookiejack

It appears as per Rule 31 of the model rules it has to be held within 6 months of the financial year end - which I think is 31st July.

So I think it has to be held by 31st January 2018.

https://www.swanstrust.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2017/08/Original_Rules.pdf

https://www.swanstrust.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2014/07/Swans-Trust-Accounts-201
Trust AGM on 12:13 - Jan 10 with 5163 viewsNookiejack

Trust AGM on 12:06 - Jan 10 by Nookiejack

It appears as per Rule 31 of the model rules it has to be held within 6 months of the financial year end - which I think is 31st July.

So I think it has to be held by 31st January 2018.

https://www.swanstrust.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2014/07/Swans-Trust-Accounts-201

PS you would also think members around the country should receive at least 14 day’s advance notice so they can plan their itenaries.

Which would apply notice being given by 17th January 2018 at the latest to meet 31st January 2018 deadline.
Trust AGM on 12:41 - Jan 10 with 5123 viewswobbly

Yay. 7 more sleeps...exciting.
Trust AGM on 07:33 - Jan 11 with 4926 viewsPhil_S

Trust AGM on 12:13 - Jan 10 by Nookiejack

PS you would also think members around the country should receive at least 14 day’s advance notice so they can plan their itenaries.

Which would apply notice being given by 17th January 2018 at the latest to meet 31st January 2018 deadline.

From what I remember 14 days notice has to be given for the AGM
Trust AGM on 19:15 - Jan 11 with 4804 viewsWhiterockin

Trust AGM on 07:33 - Jan 11 by Phil_S

From what I remember 14 days notice has to be given for the AGM

Do you think that this could be one of the more lively ones Phil.
Trust AGM on 19:18 - Jan 11 with 4795 viewsPhil_S

Trust AGM on 19:15 - Jan 11 by Whiterockin

Do you think that this could be one of the more lively ones Phil.

I suspect it will be one of the most heavily populated ones as well. Think there was around 100 last year, I think there will be more this year.
Trust AGM on 19:19 - Jan 11 with 4789 viewsexiledclaseboy

Trust AGM on 19:18 - Jan 11 by Phil_S

I suspect it will be one of the most heavily populated ones as well. Think there was around 100 last year, I think there will be more this year.

I’m washing my hair.

Poll: Tory leader

Trust AGM on 19:23 - Jan 11 with 4766 viewsPhil_S

Trust AGM on 19:19 - Jan 11 by exiledclaseboy

I’m washing my hair.

I thought you did that on Sundays?
Login to get fewer ads

Trust AGM on 19:25 - Jan 11 with 4756 viewsexiledclaseboy

Trust AGM on 19:23 - Jan 11 by Phil_S

I thought you did that on Sundays?

I’m very flexible.

Poll: Tory leader

Trust AGM on 08:06 - Jan 30 with 4558 viewsLandore_Jack

Was there a meeting last night? According to the Trust's website it was scheduled for yesterday at 7pm.

https://www.swanstrust.co.uk/2018/01/14/notice-of-annual-general-meeting/

#backtojack

Trust AGM on 12:05 - Jan 30 with 4431 viewsDafydd

Hello! Anybody there?
Trust AGM on 12:46 - Jan 30 with 4378 viewsWhiterockin

Trust AGM on 12:05 - Jan 30 by Dafydd

Hello! Anybody there?

You wont get a reply from the trust if you email them either.
Trust AGM on 13:15 - Jan 30 with 4330 viewsswanforthemoney

Planet Swans to Major Ux
your circuits dead, is something wrong
can you hear me Major Ux ?

I stand in the North Stand

Trust AGM on 13:18 - Jan 30 with 4321 viewsWhiterockin

Trust AGM on 13:15 - Jan 30 by swanforthemoney

Planet Swans to Major Ux
your circuits dead, is something wrong

Planet Swans to Major Ux
your circuits dead, something sucks
Trust AGM on 15:21 - Jan 30 with 4222 viewsLandore_Jack

Did anybody go this yesterday? Can't find an update anywhere.

#backtojack

Trust AGM on 15:23 - Jan 30 with 4216 viewsJoe_bradshaw

I expect Nookie is only halfway through his first question...

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Trust AGM on 15:59 - Jan 30 with 4174 viewsUxbridge

Trust AGM on 15:21 - Jan 30 by Landore_Jack

Did anybody go this yesterday? Can't find an update anywhere.

You should have turned up.

Given all the talk of coups and the like, it was all a bit of a non-event and took the normal course of such things. Chairman's address, present the accounts and then open the floor up. Pretty clear the mood of the membership is very toxic towards Jenkins, with one chap in particular saying the Trust needs to be more aggressive in that sense, which is something I agree with. The usual mix of other questions, including one which tickled me in reference to this place. Some discussion on the splits in the fanbase, and you'd have to be blind not to notice them of course. I'm not sure many in attendance would have been in favour of any action during the game though (in fact very anti in general) but little argument with pre-match protests.

As for the model rules, sailed through without a single objection or vote against. No proposed amendments, votes of no confidence, hell even a dissenting voice. The question was raised regarding the term limits, but even that was a question with no issues with the explanation (SD dropped them years ago, and these are pretty much boilerplate SD rules).

So much for all the angst on here eh. And to answer the other question, no Nookie wasn't there. Neither was Spratty, which is unusual.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

Trust AGM on 18:23 - Jan 30 with 4087 viewsswanforthemoney

Well it all seems to have passed off passed off nicely.
It was interesting that it wasnt massively well publicised on PS in the week before the event.
Perhaps that was a bit of a tactic.
For the record, was there any discussion what to do about the fact that the owners have decided to break off negotiations about the deal

I stand in the North Stand

Trust AGM on 18:33 - Jan 30 with 4075 viewsBobby_Fischer

Trust AGM on 18:23 - Jan 30 by swanforthemoney

Well it all seems to have passed off passed off nicely.
It was interesting that it wasnt massively well publicised on PS in the week before the event.
Perhaps that was a bit of a tactic.
For the record, was there any discussion what to do about the fact that the owners have decided to break off negotiations about the deal

I think its either a case of complete apathy or people have actually forgotten that they exist.

Poll: Who should take over from Jenkins?

Trust AGM on 09:44 - Jan 31 with 3958 viewsNookiejack

Trust AGM on 15:59 - Jan 30 by Uxbridge

Given all the talk of coups and the like, it was all a bit of a non-event and took the normal course of such things. Chairman's address, present the accounts and then open the floor up. Pretty clear the mood of the membership is very toxic towards Jenkins, with one chap in particular saying the Trust needs to be more aggressive in that sense, which is something I agree with. The usual mix of other questions, including one which tickled me in reference to this place. Some discussion on the splits in the fanbase, and you'd have to be blind not to notice them of course. I'm not sure many in attendance would have been in favour of any action during the game though (in fact very anti in general) but little argument with pre-match protests.

As for the model rules, sailed through without a single objection or vote against. No proposed amendments, votes of no confidence, hell even a dissenting voice. The question was raised regarding the term limits, but even that was a question with no issues with the explanation (SD dropped them years ago, and these are pretty much boilerplate SD rules).

So much for all the angst on here eh. And to answer the other question, no Nookie wasn't there. Neither was Spratty, which is unusual.

Re: the Model Rules and Term Limits

I have it in writing from SD that it is for every Trust to decide individually and you do this is in the side policies.

To quote SD's response:-

"With regard to the terms of office, SD are able to see the pros and cons of a time limit for board members and recommend that if something is agreed then it is addressed in one of the side policies. This is because opinions may change dependent on circumstances such as, for example, the interest in board positions."

That is a totally different spin to you saying they dropped it.

No explanation in the run up to why the Trust Board thought term limits should be dropped and the Side Policy about Trust Board members roles and responsibilities was very unclear on whether maximum term of office for a Board member without portfolio was 4 years or unlimited.

Hope you are pleased with the result - Trust Board members can now serve into perpetuity. No fresh blood and if anything untowards is going on and it will never be identified.

I should have objected by proxy as couldn’t attend.

Anyway congratulations as this is the Trust you want and have got.

To quote “sailed through without a single objection or vote against. No proposed amendments, votes of no confidence, hell even a dissenting voice”.
Trust AGM on 11:09 - Jan 31 with 3914 viewsVetchfielder

Trust AGM on 15:59 - Jan 30 by Uxbridge

I have proposed amendments to the Model Rules by email to the Trust but was advised that any changes would need ratification by SD so could not be considered for adoption as part of the AGM. I've been assured by the Secretary that would however be considered at some point after the AGM and I am happy with that. Just to clarify that my proposed amendments did not relate to the term limits.

We should of course have been given far more than 1 week to review the Model Rules before adoption at the AGM - it did not facilitate or allow any debate around the detail.

Proud to have been one of the 231

Trust AGM on 11:15 - Jan 31 with 3904 viewsUxbridge

Trust AGM on 09:44 - Jan 31 by Nookiejack

Re: the Model Rules and Term Limits

I have it in writing from SD that it is for every Trust to decide individually and you do this is in the side policies.

To quote SD's response:-

"With regard to the terms of office, SD are able to see the pros and cons of a time limit for board members and recommend that if something is agreed then it is addressed in one of the side policies. This is because opinions may change dependent on circumstances such as, for example, the interest in board positions."

That is a totally different spin to you saying they dropped it.

No explanation in the run up to why the Trust Board thought term limits should be dropped and the Side Policy about Trust Board members roles and responsibilities was very unclear on whether maximum term of office for a Board member without portfolio was 4 years or unlimited.

Hope you are pleased with the result - Trust Board members can now serve into perpetuity. No fresh blood and if anything untowards is going on and it will never be identified.

I should have objected by proxy as couldn’t attend.

Anyway congratulations as this is the Trust you want and have got.

To quote “sailed through without a single objection or vote against. No proposed amendments, votes of no confidence, hell even a dissenting voice”.

Nobody has said otherwise Stu. Of course the Trust could implement its own policy on term limits. I happen to think it should. It's going to be reviewed anyway, as part of the regular governance reviews.

But I'm afraid you're the one guilty of spin. SD did drop it, a fact mentioned by Dai at Monday's forum, as they saw that Trust's were having difficulty attracting board members. I wonder if they said that in their reply to you, beyond the paragraph you selectively copied. Either way, that paragraph backs up the above.

You should have objected by proxy. I wish you had, and some dissenting voices attended. A room of nodding dogs does nobody any good, although that's a pretty inaccurate description of Monday. Anyway, good to hear you're a member, although a shame you didn't take the opportunity. That's what it comes down to ultimately ... change only happens if people make it happen.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

Trust AGM on 11:37 - Jan 31 with 3874 viewsNookiejack

Trust AGM on 11:15 - Jan 31 by Uxbridge

Nobody has said otherwise Stu. Of course the Trust could implement its own policy on term limits. I happen to think it should. It's going to be reviewed anyway, as part of the regular governance reviews.

But I'm afraid you're the one guilty of spin. SD did drop it, a fact mentioned by Dai at Monday's forum, as they saw that Trust's were having difficulty attracting board members. I wonder if they said that in their reply to you, beyond the paragraph you selectively copied. Either way, that paragraph backs up the above.

You should have objected by proxy. I wish you had, and some dissenting voices attended. A room of nodding dogs does nobody any good, although that's a pretty inaccurate description of Monday. Anyway, good to hear you're a member, although a shame you didn't take the opportunity. That's what it comes down to ultimately ... change only happens if people make it happen.

No selective cutting and pasting Andrew. Here’s SDs full response.

Interesting that you thought I would selectively cut and paste. Maybe tells something about you.

Dear Stuart

Further to our conversation earlier this afternoon regarding the 2016 model rules proposed at the forthcoming Swansea City Supporters Trust AGM, I have spoken to my colleagues here and can advise that the rules currently being used are the original SD rules from 2001. A copy of these rules are downloadable here:

With regard to the terms of office, SD are able to see the pros and cons of a time limit for board members and recommend that if something is agreed then it is addressed in one of the side policies. This is because opinions may change dependent on circumstances such as, for example, the interest in board positions.

I hope the above answers your questions, however, should you have any further queries, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Thanks and Regards

Richard Irving
Office Manager & Company Secretary
Supporters Direct
t: (0) 20 7250 8144
e: richard.irving@supporters-direct.org
a: 1st Floor, CAN Mezzanine, 49-51 East Road, London, N1 6AH
www.supporters-direct.org
Trust AGM on 11:50 - Jan 31 with 3849 viewsNookiejack

Trust AGM on 11:15 - Jan 31 by Uxbridge

How you can come on here saying that such an important issue about term limits just ‘sailed through’ without debate in my view is very poor from a governance perspective.

If you had argued that because of the difficulty of attracting people to stand for the Board - then I could understand your position on why you have dropped the term limits.

The obvious counter argument to this is that we now appear to have many members - who will now stand for the Board - further to the recent co-opted members process.

I would expect many members didn’t understand the fors and against of term limits and to say that SD has just dropped them is very very poor.

Anyway no point in debating this now after the AGM.
Trust AGM on 11:51 - Jan 31 with 3840 viewsQJumpingJack

Nookie - you should stand for the Trust board.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024