Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Great result, however.. 20:43 - Aug 11 with 3648 viewsBillyChong

Our lack of options was clear to see when we went 3-5-2 with Grimes LWB. We were hanging on at that point against a poor Preston team. Olsson could arguably do with another few weeks off after WC duties, off the boil, but had to play. We are down to an even more inexperienced goalkeeper. Admittedly, this could have happened anyway but possibly not down to such a 3rd choice. We need a few loans to strengthen key areas, clear to see. And that’s still clutching at straws after that window. The competition doesn’t seem to be that decent, but we will hit injuries with 2 games in a week and the board need to recognise this.
Great result, however.. on 20:44 - Aug 11 with 2946 viewsDr_Winston

Oddly enough until that tactical change I thought it was one of Olsson's best attacking performances since the season before last.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Great result, however.. on 20:46 - Aug 11 with 2922 viewsLeonWasGod

Everyone laughed at Huw’s goalkeeper fetish. But I bet you’re not all laughing now
Great result, however.. on 20:46 - Aug 11 with 2917 viewsItchySphincter

Olson had a very good first half but we lost midfield in the second half so Grimes on for Aroso was to help out Olson was the right one at the time. But yes, we need a bit more in midfield.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Great result, however.. on 20:49 - Aug 11 with 2882 viewsjasper_T

In a couple of weeks our deadline day signing would have come on at wingback instead of old Grimey. And you always want a fullback in a back three imo.

Erwin Mulder is plenty experienced. Over 200 Eredivisie appearances.
Great result, however.. on 20:50 - Aug 11 with 2869 viewsploppy

I thought we were definitely hampered by losing one sub. I thought we needed someone like Dyer, but I guess Potter was concerned about their right hand side.
Great result, however.. on 20:52 - Aug 11 with 2842 viewsElmo

Enjoy the result and the gutsy performance without the "however" and all the "buts"

PNE are clearly not a poor team - they were highly organised, motivated and hard-working

Hats off to another big win. A clutch of GP-inpsired loanees........
Great result, however.. on 20:56 - Aug 11 with 2815 viewsBillyChong

Great result, however.. on 20:49 - Aug 11 by jasper_T

In a couple of weeks our deadline day signing would have come on at wingback instead of old Grimey. And you always want a fullback in a back three imo.

Erwin Mulder is plenty experienced. Over 200 Eredivisie appearances.

The only person who believes that is Gareth Southgate. And Kyle Walker was destroyed as soon as he met decent competition in Croatia.
Great result, however.. on 21:05 - Aug 11 with 2752 viewsjasper_T

Great result, however.. on 20:56 - Aug 11 by BillyChong

The only person who believes that is Gareth Southgate. And Kyle Walker was destroyed as soon as he met decent competition in Croatia.

Azpilicueta for Chelsea
Ben Davies for Wales
Ryan Bertrand for Southampton

All the good sides do it that way.
Login to get fewer ads

Great result, however.. on 21:12 - Aug 11 with 2698 viewsBillyChong

Great result, however.. on 21:05 - Aug 11 by jasper_T

Azpilicueta for Chelsea
Ben Davies for Wales
Ryan Bertrand for Southampton

All the good sides do it that way.

No they don’t. Hughes plays Bertrand as a wing back. Azpi and Davies fitted in at CB at times due to no better defensive option. If there was a better CB option they’d not have been there.
Great result, however.. on 21:15 - Aug 11 with 2660 viewsjasper_T

Great result, however.. on 21:12 - Aug 11 by BillyChong

No they don’t. Hughes plays Bertrand as a wing back. Azpi and Davies fitted in at CB at times due to no better defensive option. If there was a better CB option they’d not have been there.

Yeah I'm sure Chelsea were hard up for centrebacks their title winning season.
Great result, however.. on 21:18 - Aug 11 with 2632 viewsBillyChong

Great result, however.. on 21:15 - Aug 11 by jasper_T

Yeah I'm sure Chelsea were hard up for centrebacks their title winning season.

Pretty sure Conte lost faith in Luiz, which meant they were bar inexperienced defenders.
Great result, however.. on 21:20 - Aug 11 with 2627 viewsjack2jack

Great result today, superb support, yep we need reinforcements as everyone has said,it's going to be a tough season without a few more faces.
Looking promising so far but we need to strenghten.
Great result, however.. on 21:23 - Aug 11 with 2598 viewsSwansea93

Great result, however.. on 21:20 - Aug 11 by jack2jack

Great result today, superb support, yep we need reinforcements as everyone has said,it's going to be a tough season without a few more faces.
Looking promising so far but we need to strenghten.

Pearlman said he'd be suprised if we didn't get any loans in, but it's not guaranteed.

Poll: Can Montero do it on a rainy Saturday afternoon?

Great result, however.. on 21:32 - Aug 11 with 2549 viewsjack2jack

Great result, however.. on 21:23 - Aug 11 by Swansea93

Pearlman said he'd be suprised if we didn't get any loans in, but it's not guaranteed.

Well if it's not guaranteed it should be, I think as the season goes on, we'll see that we need more faces, it's a tough league.Minimum we need is 2 or 3 with experience to boot, imho.
Great result today though.
Great result, however.. on 22:11 - Aug 11 with 2399 viewsDJack

Great result, however.. on 20:44 - Aug 11 by Dr_Winston

Oddly enough until that tactical change I thought it was one of Olsson's best attacking performances since the season before last.

Late in the second half Olsson was a fcking liability and this is from a non-hater.

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

Great result, however.. on 23:24 - Aug 11 with 2184 viewsjacktar

Great result, however.. on 22:11 - Aug 11 by DJack

Late in the second half Olsson was a fcking liability and this is from a non-hater.

I thought many of our players looked tired before the end of the game. Early season I know and a hard working team like Preston will always give you a tough game. I think our next home game against Leeds will be a real toughie judging by their start to the season. Looking forward to it though, and if we can beat Birmingham next Friday then we will be well placed to be fair.
Let's look on the positive side and hope a bit of strengthening with loan signings will give us a fighting chance for the season at least.

We shouldn't all be tarred with the same brush you know!

Great result, however.. on 23:33 - Aug 11 with 2129 viewsBadlands

Great result, however.. on 21:23 - Aug 11 by Swansea93

Perlman will not guarantee loans coming in because he doesn't know.
Unlike many who might have fudged the issue, he clearly, politely and honestly told us what we needed to hear not necessarily what we wanted to hear.

It is, in my opinion, a sad truth that as a nation we will follow anyone who promises diamond studded unicorn and deride the ones who tell us we have to work for our rewards.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Great result, however.. on 23:36 - Aug 11 with 2113 viewsGriffting

Not sure that Preston can be considered a poor side, finished 2 points outside the play offs last season and have some real experience at this level.

I think everyone knows we needs some loans.
Great result, however.. on 23:43 - Aug 11 with 2086 viewsjasper_T

Great result, however.. on 23:24 - Aug 11 by jacktar

I thought many of our players looked tired before the end of the game. Early season I know and a hard working team like Preston will always give you a tough game. I think our next home game against Leeds will be a real toughie judging by their start to the season. Looking forward to it though, and if we can beat Birmingham next Friday then we will be well placed to be fair.
Let's look on the positive side and hope a bit of strengthening with loan signings will give us a fighting chance for the season at least.

Leeds play an extra game to us before their trip here. Hopefully Bielsa's working them extra hard.
Great result, however.. on 23:44 - Aug 11 with 2079 viewsBadlands

Great result, however.. on 23:36 - Aug 11 by Griffting

Not sure that Preston can be considered a poor side, finished 2 points outside the play offs last season and have some real experience at this level.

I think everyone knows we needs some loans.

Good post.

I didn't notice Nmacha so I'd say we haven't lost out - but a 44 games to go

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Great result, however.. on 23:46 - Aug 11 with 2066 viewsploppy

Great result, however.. on 23:43 - Aug 11 by jasper_T

Leeds play an extra game to us before their trip here. Hopefully Bielsa's working them extra hard.

Do they? We both play next weekend.
Great result, however.. on 23:47 - Aug 11 with 2064 viewsjasper_T

Great result, however.. on 23:46 - Aug 11 by ploppy

Do they? We both play next weekend.

They've got a cup game against Bolton as well.
Great result, however.. on 23:51 - Aug 11 with 2041 viewsploppy

Great result, however.. on 23:47 - Aug 11 by jasper_T

They've got a cup game against Bolton as well.

So they have. Do you know why we aren't playing?
[Post edited 11 Aug 2018 23:51]
Great result, however.. on 23:53 - Aug 11 with 2033 viewsclloy2

Great result, however.. on 20:46 - Aug 11 by ItchySphincter

Olson had a very good first half but we lost midfield in the second half so Grimes on for Aroso was to help out Olson was the right one at the time. But yes, we need a bit more in midfield.

Hmm maybe Woods may have made a difference. But our hedge fund owners would rather have cash in the bank
Great result, however.. on 23:59 - Aug 11 with 1999 viewsjasper_T

Great result, however.. on 23:51 - Aug 11 by ploppy

So they have. Do you know why we aren't playing?
[Post edited 11 Aug 2018 23:51]

We got a bye in the first round to even up the numbers, because we're still a Big Team.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024