Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Fao LondonLisa - International Womens’ Day. 12:00 - Mar 8 with 4095 viewsLohengrin

My eldest is due home later today for the weekend. I’ve just been up the loft and brought down a box to show her, she hasn’t seen the contents in years, her Great-Great Grandmother’s tricolour white - green - purple Suffragette sash and the toffee hammer broach inscribed ‘Deeds not Words’ that fastens it.

I would imagine you would have got on with her like a house on fire. My eldest too who must have inherited her feistiness. Just think, all three of you could have had a stick each and whacked me over the head with it.

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Fao LondonLisa - International Womens’ Day. on 12:23 - Mar 8 with 2351 viewsSoberBaker

AMOW

Fao LondonLisa - International Womens’ Day. on 12:28 - Mar 8 with 2342 viewsLohengrin

Fao LondonLisa - International Womens’ Day. on 12:23 - Mar 8 by SoberBaker

She’s going to love that!

Fao LondonLisa - International Womens’ Day. on 12:39 - Mar 8 with 2315 viewslondonlisa2001

Fao LondonLisa - International Womens’ Day. on 12:28 - Mar 8 by Lohengrin

She’s going to love that!

I think it’s quite funny as it happens.

Wonderful to have a suffragette sash still around though. Hopefully your daughter will one day be able to pass it on to her own granddaughter or great granddaughter in permanent memory of those that stood up for what is right.
Fao LondonLisa - International Womens’ Day. on 12:49 - Mar 8 with 2293 viewsLohengrin

Fao LondonLisa - International Womens’ Day. on 12:39 - Mar 8 by londonlisa2001

I think it’s quite funny as it happens.

Wonderful to have a suffragette sash still around though. Hopefully your daughter will one day be able to pass it on to her own granddaughter or great granddaughter in permanent memory of those that stood up for what is right.

That’s the plan. When my time draws near it will go to my eldest Grand-daughter, should I be fortunate enough to have one.

The lady herself had passed before I was born, unfortunately. I would have loved to have spoken to her about those days and what she had been up to. I did get to meet her husband though, I was very young at the time and all I can really recall is the smell of wax polish, how loud the old clock ticked on the wall and being fascinated with the black range in the kitchen where he spent his days.

I was born out of time, but then you know that already, most everything that fascinates me occurred before the Wall Street Crash.

Fao LondonLisa - International Womens’ Day. on 13:01 - Mar 8 with 2264 viewslondonlisa2001

Fao LondonLisa - International Womens’ Day. on 12:49 - Mar 8 by Lohengrin

That’s the plan. When my time draws near it will go to my eldest Grand-daughter, should I be fortunate enough to have one.

The lady herself had passed before I was born, unfortunately. I would have loved to have spoken to her about those days and what she had been up to. I did get to meet her husband though, I was very young at the time and all I can really recall is the smell of wax polish, how loud the old clock ticked on the wall and being fascinated with the black range in the kitchen where he spent his days.

I was born out of time, but then you know that already, most everything that fascinates me occurred before the Wall Street Crash.

It’s such a great shame that we only get to meet our grandparents or occasionally our great grandparents (I met one of my great grandmothers) when they are old. To have met them when they were in the prime of their lives would be a wonderful thing.

The other great shame is that by the time we’re old enough to really want to listen to them, properly listen, they’ve gone.

I often think that the generations of my (and your) grandparents and great grandparents lived through incredible times. The two wars, suffrage, the rise of trade unions, the NHS, civil rights, technology, the space age, widespread education, travel. What things they saw. I wonder if in a hundred years people will look back at our generation and say the same.
Fao LondonLisa - International Womens’ Day. on 13:09 - Mar 8 with 2243 viewscontroversial_jack

Fao LondonLisa - International Womens’ Day. on 13:01 - Mar 8 by londonlisa2001

It’s such a great shame that we only get to meet our grandparents or occasionally our great grandparents (I met one of my great grandmothers) when they are old. To have met them when they were in the prime of their lives would be a wonderful thing.

The other great shame is that by the time we’re old enough to really want to listen to them, properly listen, they’ve gone.

I often think that the generations of my (and your) grandparents and great grandparents lived through incredible times. The two wars, suffrage, the rise of trade unions, the NHS, civil rights, technology, the space age, widespread education, travel. What things they saw. I wonder if in a hundred years people will look back at our generation and say the same.

Yes they will, how our generation helped unravel most of it
Fao LondonLisa - International Womens’ Day. on 13:14 - Mar 8 with 2232 viewsDarran

It was supposed to International Women’s Day yesterday but they took so long getting ready.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Fao LondonLisa - International Womens’ Day. on 13:15 - Mar 8 with 2232 viewsLohengrin

I’d have loved to have spent an hour with your Nan, the one who turned Lloyd George’s portrait to the wall. I found that hilarious, I think we’d have got on like a house on fire.

Login to get fewer ads

Fao LondonLisa - International Womens’ Day. on 13:25 - Mar 8 with 2214 viewslondonlisa2001

Fao LondonLisa - International Womens’ Day. on 13:15 - Mar 8 by Lohengrin

I’d have loved to have spent an hour with your Nan, the one who turned Lloyd George’s portrait to the wall. I found that hilarious, I think we’d have got on like a house on fire.

Great grandmother that was, but yes. Her and her sister were apparently quite a formidable pair!
Fao LondonLisa - International Womens’ Day. on 13:39 - Mar 8 with 2201 viewsLohengrin

Fao LondonLisa - International Womens’ Day. on 13:25 - Mar 8 by londonlisa2001

Great grandmother that was, but yes. Her and her sister were apparently quite a formidable pair!

Ideal. In my head I was born July, 1896 so that would put the three of us in the same age bracket!

Fao LondonLisa - International Womens’ Day. on 14:03 - Mar 8 with 2174 viewsvalleyboy

Fao LondonLisa - International Womens’ Day. on 13:09 - Mar 8 by controversial_jack

Yes they will, how our generation helped unravel most of it

Too bloody true

And most of it is this buisness of giving women more of a say

It’s bad enough to have the likes of Theresa May as the Prime Minister. Who will go down as the worst Prime Minister in histoery

Then the likes of Amber Rudd, Karen Bradley and Andrea Leadsom

I would hate to think of the mess if all of the present cabinet was made up of women

Just imagine a woman being the leader of the country if we were at war with say Russia

To think of women in the Labour Party running the country

That’s even to dangerous to even think of

Women are good talkers, but usually don’t get anything done
Fao LondonLisa - International Womens’ Day. on 14:58 - Mar 8 with 2121 viewscontroversial_jack

Fao LondonLisa - International Womens’ Day. on 14:03 - Mar 8 by valleyboy

Too bloody true

It’s bad enough to have the likes of Theresa May as the Prime Minister. Who will go down as the worst Prime Minister in histoery

I would hate to think of the mess if all of the present cabinet was made up of women

Just imagine a woman being the leader of the country if we were at war with say Russia

Some of the most powerful and influential people in this county at the moment are female.I would say they have achieved their aim.It's now time to concentrate on getting male equality
Fao LondonLisa - International Womens’ Day. on 16:06 - Mar 8 with 2057 viewsHighjack

Fao LondonLisa - International Womens’ Day. on 13:14 - Mar 8 by Darran

It was supposed to International Women’s Day yesterday but they took so long getting ready.

Downvoted by accident whoops

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Fao LondonLisa - International Womens’ Day. on 16:07 - Mar 8 with 2054 viewsHighjack

Fao LondonLisa - International Womens’ Day. on 14:58 - Mar 8 by controversial_jack

Some of the most powerful and influential people in this county at the moment are female.I would say they have achieved their aim.It's now time to concentrate on getting male equality

I think it’s time we focused on ability rather than what reproductive organs someone does or not possess or what their colour is.

It’s stupid women’s international day is a thing in the first place.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.

Fao LondonLisa - International Womens’ Day. on 16:36 - Mar 8 with 2023 viewsKilkennyjack

No - they will think us unbelievably - and laugh out loud - stupid to Brexit whilst the rest of the world moves forward together.

We won the war and lost the peace.
Walked away from influence and responsibilities.

Maybot will be the worst PM of all time.
Its inevitable.

Beware of the Risen People

Fao LondonLisa - International Womens’ Day. on 19:17 - Mar 8 with 1926 viewslondonlisa2001

Fao LondonLisa - International Womens’ Day. on 14:03 - Mar 8 by valleyboy

Too bloody true

Good point.

You only have to look at Cameron, or Grayling, or Mogg, Johnson, Farage, McDonnell, Gove, Hunt, Liam Fox to see how much better the men are. Oh, and Gavin Williamson, or Matt Hancock.

As it happens, like her or loathe her, and there’s every reason for it to be the latter, there would have been few PMs in the past century that I would feel safer with in charge, if we’d been at war with Russia, than Maggie.
Fao LondonLisa - International Womens’ Day. on 19:18 - Mar 8 with 1924 viewslondonlisa2001

Fao LondonLisa - International Womens’ Day. on 16:07 - Mar 8 by Highjack

I think it’s time we focused on ability rather than what reproductive organs someone does or not possess or what their colour is.

It’s stupid women’s international day is a thing in the first place.

Another day, another outrage highjack. God knows how you manage.
Fao LondonLisa - International Womens’ Day. on 19:24 - Mar 8 with 1918 viewsMrSwerve

Fao LondonLisa - International Womens’ Day. on 19:18 - Mar 8 by londonlisa2001

To be fair, is he wrong?

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

Fao LondonLisa - International Womens’ Day. on 19:27 - Mar 8 with 1909 viewslondonlisa2001

Fao LondonLisa - International Womens’ Day. on 19:24 - Mar 8 by MrSwerve

To be fair, is he wrong?

Why don’t you read up a bit about some of the horrors women around the world find themselves subjected to and decide for yourself.

No one is forcing you to celebrate or even acknowledge it if you think it’s a waste of your time are they.
Fao LondonLisa - International Womens’ Day. on 19:34 - Mar 8 with 1895 viewsMrSwerve

Fao LondonLisa - International Womens’ Day. on 19:27 - Mar 8 by londonlisa2001

Why don’t you read up a bit about some of the horrors women around the world find themselves subjected to and decide for yourself.

No one is forcing you to celebrate or even acknowledge it if you think it’s a waste of your time are they.

Blimey, calm down.

“I think it’s time we focused on ability rather than what reproductive organs someone does or not possess or what their colour is.”

Is entirely fair.

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

Fao LondonLisa - International Womens’ Day. on 19:41 - Mar 8 with 1879 viewslondonlisa2001

Fao LondonLisa - International Womens’ Day. on 19:34 - Mar 8 by MrSwerve

Blimey, calm down.

“I think it’s time we focused on ability rather than what reproductive organs someone does or not possess or what their colour is.”

Is entirely fair.

Indeed, but that doesn’t happen.
Fao LondonLisa - International Womens’ Day. on 20:44 - Mar 8 with 1827 viewsHighjack

Fao LondonLisa - International Womens’ Day. on 19:18 - Mar 8 by londonlisa2001

Where’s the outrage?

Fao LondonLisa - International Womens’ Day. on 20:45 - Mar 8 with 1823 viewsHighjack

Fao LondonLisa - International Womens’ Day. on 19:27 - Mar 8 by londonlisa2001

Horror is something that specifically only happens to women?

Fao LondonLisa - International Womens’ Day. on 20:46 - Mar 8 with 1819 viewsHighjack

Fao LondonLisa - International Womens’ Day. on 19:41 - Mar 8 by londonlisa2001

Indeed, but that doesn’t happen.

So my comment was entirely fair but you attack me anyway?

Fao LondonLisa - International Womens’ Day. on 20:47 - Mar 8 with 1818 viewslondonlisa2001

Fao LondonLisa - International Womens’ Day. on 20:45 - Mar 8 by Highjack

Horror is something that specifically only happens to women?

Nope.

But women endure some horrors simply for being women. The reverse is rarely true.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024