Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The balls on this guy 01:55 - Jun 8 with 1018 viewsJack123

libera nos a malo

The balls on this guy on 04:32 - Jun 8 with 974 viewsGlyn1

I think that that was for his protection, and to stop a fight starting. Not like you to criticise the police.

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

The balls on this guy on 08:42 - Jun 8 with 826 viewsFieryJack

The police done well there.

As said above, they didn't want that Countryside Alliance bloke getting beaten up. (Well, he was dressed in CA uniform 😀).

Also, some of the protesters can clearly be heard exhorting the crowd not to use violence.

That very tiny majority of a-holes who attacked the police on Saturday night in London ruined things again, and gave the editors of the Mail etc. some scraps to throw to their ever-frenzied and outraged readers to gobble up.
The balls on this guy on 09:23 - Jun 8 with 775 viewsKerouac

If I follow the logic of people who are supporting this;
somebody would be within their rights to leave placards up against the Nelson Mandela statue, daub graffiti on it that he was a terrorist, tear it down etc.

Or is it just people whose politics you agree with who are free to vandalise monuments with impunity?

Winston Churchill is a hero to many people in this country, are they supposed to stand by?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ss9VZ1FHxy0
Poll: Which manager should replace Russell Martin (2) ?

The balls on this guy on 09:33 - Jun 8 with 758 viewsCatullus

The balls on this guy on 08:42 - Jun 8 by FieryJack

The police done well there.

As said above, they didn't want that Countryside Alliance bloke getting beaten up. (Well, he was dressed in CA uniform 😀).

Also, some of the protesters can clearly be heard exhorting the crowd not to use violence.

That very tiny majority of a-holes who attacked the police on Saturday night in London ruined things again, and gave the editors of the Mail etc. some scraps to throw to their ever-frenzied and outraged readers to gobble up.

The problem is, once violence starts it has a nasty habit of spreading. The police react, peceful protestors get caught up in it. They in turn get angry and things escalate. From tiny seeds...

On the OP, I'm not all for historical figures being attacked. We shouldn't apply our societal rules to people from different times. Besides, I agree with Kerouac on this, Churchill is a hero to very many people. He did some bad stuff yes but again, they were different times and Churchill was very much a man of his time. He'd be condemned as a nasty little bigot (and he is by some) if he were here today. But if he were here today his views and attitudes might be different, many of us have changed with our times.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

The balls on this guy on 09:38 - Jun 8 with 746 viewsHighjack

The balls on this guy on 09:23 - Jun 8 by Kerouac

If I follow the logic of people who are supporting this;
somebody would be within their rights to leave placards up against the Nelson Mandela statue, daub graffiti on it that he was a terrorist, tear it down etc.

Or is it just people whose politics you agree with who are free to vandalise monuments with impunity?

Winston Churchill is a hero to many people in this country, are they supposed to stand by?

This is what happens when you judge historical characters through the prism of modern life and attitudes. All of them will fall foul of some “ism” or other. It’s a f*cking minefield for us, let alone people born in the 18th and 19th centuries.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

The balls on this guy on 09:51 - Jun 8 with 737 viewsAnotherJohn

The balls on this guy on 09:38 - Jun 8 by Highjack

This is what happens when you judge historical characters through the prism of modern life and attitudes. All of them will fall foul of some “ism” or other. It’s a f*cking minefield for us, let alone people born in the 18th and 19th centuries.

I couldn't help reflecting on the irony of the defacement of the statue so close to the anniversary of D Day. As others have said, Churchill was one of the real anti-fascists.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024