Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Remember!!! 19:31 - Oct 26 with 1249 viewsjackharris

Football related because of the match...

Very proud to be voted Planet Swans Poster of the Year 2017 by my fellow posters. Especially on a site that nearly had 20 million impressions last year.
Poll: What is your favourite Knock?

Remember!!! on 20:17 - Oct 26 with 1184 viewsunion_jack

Could be a thing of the past in a couple of Years

https://www.wired.co.uk/article/uk-clock-change-2019-daylight-savings-time

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Remember!!! on 20:38 - Oct 26 with 1129 viewsBadlands

Remember!!! on 20:17 - Oct 26 by union_jack

Could be a thing of the past in a couple of Years

https://www.wired.co.uk/article/uk-clock-change-2019-daylight-savings-time

Thank you EU.
Been campaigning for this daft process to end since the 1960s.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Remember!!! on 20:42 - Oct 26 with 1117 viewsunion_jack

Remember!!! on 20:38 - Oct 26 by Badlands

Thank you EU.

I remember the trial period. Going to school in the dark was a nightmare if I remember correctly.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Remember!!! on 20:53 - Oct 26 with 1092 viewsGaryjack

Remember!!! on 20:38 - Oct 26 by Badlands

Thank you EU.

Why do you think it's a daft process?
Remember!!! on 21:02 - Oct 26 with 1065 viewsBadlands

Remember!!! on 20:53 - Oct 26 by Garyjack

Why do you think it's a daft process?

No longer has any purpose.
Originally it made some sense to get more from workers outdoors and spend less on artificial light for office workers (no longer a saving as modern buildings and practices require 'always on' electricity.
Statistically the change of clocks lead to increased accidents and ill health.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Remember!!! on 21:26 - Oct 26 with 1019 viewsGaryjack

Remember!!! on 21:02 - Oct 26 by Badlands

No longer has any purpose.
Originally it made some sense to get more from workers outdoors and spend less on artificial light for office workers (no longer a saving as modern buildings and practices require 'always on' electricity.
Statistically the change of clocks lead to increased accidents and ill health.

I appreciate your point, and after having read the article the conclusion i've come to is that adults should be more accountable for their actions. Do you go to bed at night at the same time? Do you get up every morning at the same time? No of course you don't. We adjust our sleep time to fit in with our daytime routine. As has been pointed out, there was a trial between 1968/71, and it was a nightmare for children going to school in the dark. Can you imagine how much more of a nightmare it would be in 2019 with the traffic and heavy goods vehicles increased 20 fold! Nope, certainly not a good idea at all. In fact it's a very bad idea, that will end up with hundreds of tragic circumstances every year as a result.
[Post edited 26 Oct 2019 21:30]
Remember!!! on 22:13 - Oct 26 with 955 viewsOldjack

Remember!!! on 21:26 - Oct 26 by Garyjack

I appreciate your point, and after having read the article the conclusion i've come to is that adults should be more accountable for their actions. Do you go to bed at night at the same time? Do you get up every morning at the same time? No of course you don't. We adjust our sleep time to fit in with our daytime routine. As has been pointed out, there was a trial between 1968/71, and it was a nightmare for children going to school in the dark. Can you imagine how much more of a nightmare it would be in 2019 with the traffic and heavy goods vehicles increased 20 fold! Nope, certainly not a good idea at all. In fact it's a very bad idea, that will end up with hundreds of tragic circumstances every year as a result.

What kids walk to school theses days

Leave the bloody clocks alone !

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Remember!!! on 22:26 - Oct 26 with 920 viewsGaryjack

Remember!!! on 22:13 - Oct 26 by Oldjack

What kids walk to school theses days

Leave the bloody clocks alone !

A very large amount of children still walk to school. Don't be silly.
Login to get fewer ads

Remember!!! on 22:46 - Oct 26 with 880 viewsjackrmee

Some people do actually go to bed and get up at the same time every day. It is actually good for you. Circadian rhythms.

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

Remember!!! on 22:59 - Oct 26 with 861 viewsGaryjack

Remember!!! on 22:46 - Oct 26 by jackrmee

Some people do actually go to bed and get up at the same time every day. It is actually good for you. Circadian rhythms.

I'm sure they do. Though 99% of the population do not, i'm sure you will agree.
Remember!!! on 23:03 - Oct 26 with 851 viewslifelong

You can understand why hedgehogs hibernate.
Remember!!! on 23:35 - Oct 26 with 815 viewslonglostjack

Remember!!! on 23:03 - Oct 26 by lifelong

You can understand why hedgehogs hibernate.

Took one into the back garden yesterday away from the road at the front. Wouldn’t have done it but saw a hedgehog splatted by a car. He /She looked very small. Weighed 650 grammes. Ok according to UK sites for this time of year but Germany colder winters. Before anyone starts I know hedgehogs have a wide range. Garden open at the back. I bloody love the little buggers.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Remember!!! on 00:06 - Oct 27 with 786 viewslifelong

Remember!!! on 23:35 - Oct 26 by longlostjack

Took one into the back garden yesterday away from the road at the front. Wouldn’t have done it but saw a hedgehog splatted by a car. He /She looked very small. Weighed 650 grammes. Ok according to UK sites for this time of year but Germany colder winters. Before anyone starts I know hedgehogs have a wide range. Garden open at the back. I bloody love the little buggers.

https://www.rspca.org.uk/adviceandwelfare/wildlife/inthewild/gardenhedgehogs
Remember!!! on 00:13 - Oct 27 with 771 viewsexiledclaseboy

I hate November and December with a passion. Horrible, horrible months. And it all starts with the clocks going back.

Thank f*ck we’re going to batter the vermin tomorrow to start the most depressing part of the year on an uplifting note.

Poll: Tory leader

Remember!!! on 00:15 - Oct 27 with 763 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Remember!!! on 22:46 - Oct 26 by jackrmee

Circadian Rhythms ? I thought that was a Rush Album?

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Remember!!! on 00:21 - Oct 27 with 756 viewslifelong

Remember!!! on 00:13 - Oct 27 by exiledclaseboy

I hate November and December with a passion. Horrible, horrible months. And it all starts with the clocks going back.

Thank f*ck we’re going to batter the vermin tomorrow to start the most depressing part of the year on an uplifting note.

I agree.

I like September but have an intense dislike for the winter months, would definitely spend them in a warmer climate was it not for family commitments.
Remember!!! on 00:30 - Oct 27 with 746 viewsexiledclaseboy

Remember!!! on 00:21 - Oct 27 by lifelong

I agree.

I like September but have an intense dislike for the winter months, would definitely spend them in a warmer climate was it not for family commitments.

My plan for our latter years, if we’re both lucky enough to make it that far of course, is to find some winter sun. And I’m not a sun worshiper by any means. I love Swansea, Wales and Britain, it’s my home, but by f*ck I hate winter.

Poll: Tory leader

Remember!!! on 01:03 - Oct 27 with 725 viewsjackharris

Remember!!! on 00:30 - Oct 27 by exiledclaseboy

My plan for our latter years, if we’re both lucky enough to make it that far of course, is to find some winter sun. And I’m not a sun worshiper by any means. I love Swansea, Wales and Britain, it’s my home, but by f*ck I hate winter.

Richie Benaud had the right idea. Australian summer commentate there. British Summer commentate here and in between test matches he spent his time with his second wife in Beaulieu-sur-Meron on the French Rivera, drinking wine.

Very proud to be voted Planet Swans Poster of the Year 2017 by my fellow posters. Especially on a site that nearly had 20 million impressions last year.
Poll: What is your favourite Knock?

Remember!!! on 01:04 - Oct 27 with 724 viewsNeathJack

No kids walk the streets after dark apparently...

If countries further North than us can cope with it, why can't we?
Remember!!! on 07:54 - Oct 27 with 603 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Remember!!! on 01:04 - Oct 27 by NeathJack

No kids walk the streets after dark apparently...

If countries further North than us can cope with it, why can't we?

But they’ll all be out on Thursday night no doubt!

Remember!!! on 07:56 - Oct 27 with 594 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Remember!!! on 00:30 - Oct 27 by exiledclaseboy

Cyprus. Only 4 and a half hours away and with 300 days of sunshine every year . That’s where I want to retire anyway

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024