Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Cornwall - This fishing life BBC 2 8PM 20:02 - Jan 7 with 1516 viewsdickythorpe

Love the county especially the South.
Cornwall - This fishing life BBC 2 8PM on 21:24 - Jan 7 with 1467 viewsLuther27

Worth a watch Dicky?
Cornwall - This fishing life BBC 2 8PM on 07:20 - Jan 8 with 1386 viewsdickythorpe

Cornwall - This fishing life BBC 2 8PM on 21:24 - Jan 7 by Luther27

Worth a watch Dicky?

If you want to get an insight into the issues they and the area face then yes. Plus the scenery isn't bad
Cornwall - This fishing life BBC 2 8PM on 08:19 - Jan 8 with 1370 viewsBest_loser

Those pasties are godawfull

First time I tried one in penzance, one bite and threw it to the seagulls
Cornwall - This fishing life BBC 2 8PM on 09:44 - Jan 8 with 1340 viewsdickythorpe

Cornwall - This fishing life BBC 2 8PM on 08:19 - Jan 8 by Best_loser

I remember the pasties in the Vetch Field, one bite and I threw it and it exploded!!!
Cornwall - This fishing life BBC 2 8PM on 10:31 - Jan 8 with 1313 viewsunion_jack

Cornwall - This fishing life BBC 2 8PM on 09:44 - Jan 8 by dickythorpe

I remember the pasties in the Vetch Field, one bite and I threw it and it exploded!!!

They were special without a doubt. Who made them?

I love the genuine Cornish pasties. I’m a bit biased because I spent my formative early years in Falmouth before the family decided to move back to Swansea and I’ve very fond memories of it. It’s like home to me.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Cornwall - This fishing life BBC 2 8PM on 13:20 - Jan 8 with 1251 viewsdickythorpe

Falmouth is very pleasant.
Cornwall - This fishing life BBC 2 8PM on 15:20 - Jan 8 with 1201 viewsPegojack

I caught the last two thirds of the programme, very good it was too. Its a hell of a hard way to make a living and the fishermen they featured all seemed to be under big financial pressure.
It was interesting to watch the nets coming in and their reaction to the catch. Apparently cuttlefish is the big thing now, they called it 'black gold'. I presume they are selling it to the continent, its a big thing here in Spain.
Which got me thinking, and I'm not trying to make a political point, you all know my view, but I wonder how they'll fare in terms of selling their catch post Brexit. I honestly don't know, but I hope they aren't going to be shafted like everybody else. Don't forget, it's a short shelf life product and I imagine the EU makes up a large part of their market.
[Post edited 8 Jan 2020 15:20]
Cornwall - This fishing life BBC 2 8PM on 15:37 - Jan 8 with 1183 viewsAlfieMooresSon

Cornwall - This fishing life BBC 2 8PM on 15:20 - Jan 8 by Pegojack

I caught the last two thirds of the programme, very good it was too. Its a hell of a hard way to make a living and the fishermen they featured all seemed to be under big financial pressure.
It was interesting to watch the nets coming in and their reaction to the catch. Apparently cuttlefish is the big thing now, they called it 'black gold'. I presume they are selling it to the continent, its a big thing here in Spain.
Which got me thinking, and I'm not trying to make a political point, you all know my view, but I wonder how they'll fare in terms of selling their catch post Brexit. I honestly don't know, but I hope they aren't going to be shafted like everybody else. Don't forget, it's a short shelf life product and I imagine the EU makes up a large part of their market.
[Post edited 8 Jan 2020 15:20]

They'll have bigger catches because we can keep the fecking French and alike out of our waters!

The fishing trawler men all wanted Brexit, pay rise for them!
Login to get fewer ads

Cornwall - This fishing life BBC 2 8PM on 15:39 - Jan 8 with 1181 viewsPegojack

I hope you're right.

Funny, none of them mentioned anything like that in the programme, but I expect you know better.
Cornwall - This fishing life BBC 2 8PM on 16:56 - Jan 8 with 1145 viewsBest_loser

Cornwall - This fishing life BBC 2 8PM on 15:37 - Jan 8 by AlfieMooresSon

They'll have bigger catches because we can keep the fecking French and alike out of our waters!

The fishing trawler men all wanted Brexit, pay rise for them!

There will be no trade deal without continued EU access to British fishing waters

That has been made clear
Cornwall - This fishing life BBC 2 8PM on 17:14 - Jan 8 with 1123 viewsSwanjaxs

Cornwall - This fishing life BBC 2 8PM on 10:31 - Jan 8 by union_jack

They were special without a doubt. Who made them?

I love the genuine Cornish pasties. I’m a bit biased because I spent my formative early years in Falmouth before the family decided to move back to Swansea and I’ve very fond memories of it. It’s like home to me.

Peter's 👍

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

Cornwall - This fishing life BBC 2 8PM on 17:26 - Jan 8 with 1117 viewsBest_loser

Cornwall - This fishing life BBC 2 8PM on 17:14 - Jan 8 by Swanjaxs

Peter's 👍

Cardiff fan ?
Cornwall - This fishing life BBC 2 8PM on 17:29 - Jan 8 with 1113 viewsSwanjaxs

Cornwall - This fishing life BBC 2 8PM on 17:26 - Jan 8 by Best_loser

Cardiff fan ?

???

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.

Cornwall - This fishing life BBC 2 8PM on 17:31 - Jan 8 with 1109 viewsBest_loser

Cornwall - This fishing life BBC 2 8PM on 17:29 - Jan 8 by Swanjaxs

???

Peter thomas, owned Cardiff blues
Cornwall - This fishing life BBC 2 8PM on 17:34 - Jan 8 with 1104 viewsSwanjaxs

Cornwall - This fishing life BBC 2 8PM on 17:31 - Jan 8 by Best_loser

Peter thomas, owned Cardiff blues

Ahh yes of course 👍

Yes massive Cardiff fan me ...

Thinking about it i think Lewis's made the pasties down the Vetch

Cornwall - This fishing life BBC 2 8PM on 18:08 - Jan 8 with 1080 viewsBarrySwan

Cornwall - This fishing life BBC 2 8PM on 16:56 - Jan 8 by Best_loser

There will be no trade deal without continued EU access to British fishing waters

That has been made clear

You don't need a trade deal to sell things to customers in other countries.

Businessmen and women in the UK trade globally with companies and individual customers based in countries that we have no trade agreements with all over the world each and every day of the week.

Every single time you buy something off Ebay or Amazon which is supplied from abroad you are individually trading with someone in another country.

It really is that straightforward.
Cornwall - This fishing life BBC 2 8PM on 19:55 - Jan 8 with 1030 viewsPegojack

Cornwall - This fishing life BBC 2 8PM on 18:08 - Jan 8 by BarrySwan

You don't need a trade deal to sell things to customers in other countries.

Businessmen and women in the UK trade globally with companies and individual customers based in countries that we have no trade agreements with all over the world each and every day of the week.

Every single time you buy something off Ebay or Amazon which is supplied from abroad you are individually trading with someone in another country.

It really is that straightforward.

Yes, my friend, except the small question of what tariffs will apply to our fish into the EU post Brexit? The same question facing Welsh sheep farmers, English beef farmers, etc, etc.
Cornwall - This fishing life BBC 2 8PM on 23:02 - Jan 8 with 984 viewsBarrySwan

Cornwall - This fishing life BBC 2 8PM on 19:55 - Jan 8 by Pegojack

Yes, my friend, except the small question of what tariffs will apply to our fish into the EU post Brexit? The same question facing Welsh sheep farmers, English beef farmers, etc, etc.

I can appreciate that the short term unknown is concerning to those in a particular market. However any business has to adapt and be competitive in new and old markets to survive.

I would imagine New Zealand sheep farmers were a touch apprehensive when their farm subsidies were removed in their entirety quite some years ago (I realise we're talking tariffs here not subsidies) but they just got on with it and if memory serves me correct less than 2% of farms went broke at the time which didn't really differ much from the normal number of farm business failures.

Its up to the government to negotiate deals or part deals in the mean time and on an ongoing basis and one wonders if the continent buys cuttlefish currentlyfor example from British waters then why wouldn't it buy in the future?

As regards those whinging remainer politicians who constantly patronisingly keep banging on that "This is just the start". and that "the public don't realise that negotiations will drag on for years"

Isn't that what the Civil Service and government officials of whatever hue should be doing constantly for ever anyway?

Constantly exploring beneficial trade deals and conditions and constantly talking to all worldwide countries updating older ones on a never ending ongoing basis? It's what we pay them to do.
Cornwall - This fishing life BBC 2 8PM on 09:13 - Jan 9 with 918 viewsepaul

Cornwall - This fishing life BBC 2 8PM on 08:19 - Jan 8 by Best_loser

Oggies, love em, when we we're berthed alongside in Guz a van use to come around around during refs time selling them

The hair and the beard have gone I am now conforming to society, tis a sad day The b*stards are coming back though

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024