Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Big Mike vd Hoorn 13:13 - Sep 16 with 1116 viewsReslovenSwan1

Call me old fashioned but if I worked for a club that paid me a millon or two and nursed me back to fitness from a nasty knee injury such that i only played 4 or 5 games in that season for them, i would make pretty damn sure i had a good word for them. Perhaps being generous his kind words were edited out. The club could have released him immediatey his knee went presumably. "Sorry Mike here is a million now bugger off". Another self centred footballer. ?

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/they-could-no-longer-

I read the dutch original translation as well looking for some acknowledgement of my club but was disappointed.
[Post edited 16 Sep 2020 13:13]

Wise sage since Toshack era

Big Mike vd Hoorn on 13:20 - Sep 16 with 1102 viewsjasper_T

Doesn't say anything wrong there, or anything we didn't already know.
Big Mike vd Hoorn on 14:27 - Sep 16 with 1046 viewsTreforys_Jack

What on earth have you taken offence from in that article.
Big Mike vd Hoorn on 14:46 - Sep 16 with 1021 viewsReslovenSwan1

Big Mike vd Hoorn on 14:27 - Sep 16 by Treforys_Jack

What on earth have you taken offence from in that article.

No offence taken at all. Just a refelection on modern day footballers who are very self centred. He talks about Swansea in a foreign journal and finds nothing good to say about the the club. He does however focus on the club in the respect they could not longer afford to keep him in the salary he was accustomed to and did not acknowledge the hard work of the medical staff and club in general.

Big Mike vd Hoorn on 14:48 - Sep 16 with 1018 viewsReslovenSwan1

Big Mike vd Hoorn on 13:20 - Sep 16 by jasper_T

Doesn't say anything wrong there, or anything we didn't already know.

I learned quite a lot about Mike van de Hoorn as a person.

Big Mike vd Hoorn on 15:56 - Sep 16 with 956 viewsCatullus

Big Mike vd Hoorn on 14:46 - Sep 16 by ReslovenSwan1

No offence taken at all. Just a refelection on modern day footballers who are very self centred. He talks about Swansea in a foreign journal and finds nothing good to say about the the club. He does however focus on the club in the respect they could not longer afford to keep him in the salary he was accustomed to and did not acknowledge the hard work of the medical staff and club in general.

Finds nothing good to say? All he said was we couldn't afford his wages anymore, which is true. I think you've spiralled there mate. Reading something into it that isn't there.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Big Mike vd Hoorn on 16:51 - Sep 16 with 919 viewstheloneranger

... "that i only played 4 or 5 games in that season for them"

Last season he played in 28 league games and 1 in the cup!!

WoL ...

"They told me that I could look elsewhere. They could no longer afford it - that's the truth"

He saw out his contract, and is now playing in the Bundesliga. He's moved on, perhaps you should too.

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024