Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Wonderful Woman 05:52 - Nov 21 with 623 viewsDr_Parnassus

We need more teachers in our schools like this.

Around the 13 minute mark certainly reminds me of a few people...

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

Wonderful Woman on 08:45 - Nov 21 with 583 viewsFieryJack

Anyone on here you have in mind?
Wonderful Woman on 08:46 - Nov 21 with 579 viewsDr_Parnassus

Wonderful Woman on 08:45 - Nov 21 by FieryJack

Anyone on here you have in mind?

Maybe. Remind you of anyone?

Wonderful Woman on 09:05 - Nov 21 with 569 viewsFieryJack

Wonderful Woman on 08:46 - Nov 21 by Dr_Parnassus

Maybe. Remind you of anyone?

Not me.

I can only think of one occasion I stepped into a debate on race on here.

Too many pitfalls.

And I'm too old, too prejudiced and too un-PC to be a member of the Woke crowd.
Wonderful Woman on 10:03 - Nov 21 with 553 viewsDr_Parnassus

Wonderful Woman on 09:05 - Nov 21 by FieryJack

Not me.

I can only think of one occasion I stepped into a debate on race on here.

Too many pitfalls.

And I'm too old, too prejudiced and too un-PC to be a member of the Woke crowd.

There shouldn’t be any pitfalls though, should there? You should be able to discuss anything within reason.

The reason you think there are too many pitfalls in discussing such a topic suggests that minute 13 of that video did indeed resonate with you.

You know full well that people will be ready and waiting to take anything and everything out of context, in order to keep their thirst for virtue going.

Wonderful Woman on 10:11 - Nov 21 with 543 viewsFieryJack

"You know full well that people will be ready and waiting to take anything and everything out of context, in order to keep their thirst for virtue going."

This sounds as much a description of you as of me.

And, no, 13 minutes etc. doesn't resonate with me at all, I'm afraid.
Wonderful Woman on 10:12 - Nov 21 with 542 viewsDr_Parnassus

Wonderful Woman on 10:11 - Nov 21 by FieryJack

"You know full well that people will be ready and waiting to take anything and everything out of context, in order to keep their thirst for virtue going."

This sounds as much a description of you as of me.

And, no, 13 minutes etc. doesn't resonate with me at all, I'm afraid.

What thirst for this faux virtue do I have? Surely I am the opposite of fighting for faux virtue? I actively oppose it.

So what pitfalls are you describing if it isn’t based on someone taking something you have said out of context?
[Post edited 21 Nov 2020 10:17]

Wonderful Woman on 11:09 - Nov 21 with 511 viewsCatullus

Wonderful Woman on 10:12 - Nov 21 by Dr_Parnassus

What thirst for this faux virtue do I have? Surely I am the opposite of fighting for faux virtue? I actively oppose it.

So what pitfalls are you describing if it isn’t based on someone taking something you have said out of context?
[Post edited 21 Nov 2020 10:17]

Is it cos I am black, is it cos I am short or fat or ugly or not white.

People will always look for excuses because it can't really be their fault, it must be someone else being intolerant and/or discriminatory. It's getting worse.

People need to tale a close look at themselves before judging other people, but then, those who break rules and get punished shouldn't get away with shouting racism or discrimination either.

Who want s to throw the first stone? I'm not religiius but it's apt, judge not lest ye be judged.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Wonderful Woman on 11:12 - Nov 21 with 510 viewsDr_Parnassus

A short 2 minute video here showing the damage the woke brigade do to those they claim to be defending.

Login to get fewer ads

Wonderful Woman on 11:29 - Nov 21 with 502 viewsLohengrin

Wonderful Woman on 11:12 - Nov 21 by Dr_Parnassus

A short 2 minute video here showing the damage the woke brigade do to those they claim to be defending.

That point was being made to the ‘kneelers’ on here over the Summer. Just how patronising and condescending is it to behave as though blacks have no agency, that the only way for them to have any sort of voice is via a gaggle of scruffy, white, virtue-signalling tosspots!

Give me a proud, black workingman every day of the week over a bunch of self-flagellating oddballs.

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Wonderful Woman on 11:42 - Nov 21 with 490 viewsDr_Parnassus

Wonderful Woman on 11:29 - Nov 21 by Lohengrin

That point was being made to the ‘kneelers’ on here over the Summer. Just how patronising and condescending is it to behave as though blacks have no agency, that the only way for them to have any sort of voice is via a gaggle of scruffy, white, virtue-signalling tosspots!

Give me a proud, black workingman every day of the week over a bunch of self-flagellating oddballs.

Couldn’t agree more. Painfully patronising.

The woke remind me of a religious cult, almost like the Westboro Baptist Church in many ways, complete with pickets, limited discussion and verbal scripture they spew without any thought of what it is they are actually saying.

Just a warped world view. Perpetuated by the universities that make exchanging of thoughts a crime against humanity, meaning they never realise how warped that view really is. Coddled by their safe spaces and group think demonstrations.

I can only imagine it is going to be magnified under the democrats. My hope is by 2024 more people would have had enough of it and oust the whole toxic thing.

Wonderful Woman on 11:51 - Nov 21 with 481 viewsLohengrin

Wonderful Woman on 11:42 - Nov 21 by Dr_Parnassus

The woke remind me of a religious cult, almost like the Westboro Baptist Church in many ways, complete with pickets, limited discussion and verbal scripture they spew without any thought of what it is they are actually saying.

Just a warped world view. Perpetuated by the universities that make exchanging of thoughts a crime against humanity, meaning they never realise how warped that view really is. Coddled by their safe spaces and group think demonstrations.

I can only imagine it is going to be magnified under the democrats. My hope is by 2024 more people would have had enough of it and oust the whole toxic thing.

You should hear some of the arguments I have with my eldest! She was a perfectly normal, if obsessively academic girl before she went off to university; somewhere along the line she’s had her senses of irony and humour cauterised.

Like them all she seems to think that the surest way to win an argument is to shout while pulling a scandalised face. It doesn’t wash with me, I’m in my element.

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Wonderful Woman on 16:03 - Nov 21 with 439 viewsTreforys_Jack

Wonderful Woman on 11:51 - Nov 21 by Lohengrin

You should hear some of the arguments I have with my eldest! She was a perfectly normal, if obsessively academic girl before she went off to university; somewhere along the line she’s had her senses of irony and humour cauterised.

Like them all she seems to think that the surest way to win an argument is to shout while pulling a scandalised face. It doesn’t wash with me, I’m in my element.

Wonderful Woman on 18:33 - Nov 21 with 404 viewsCatullus

Wonderful Woman on 11:42 - Nov 21 by Dr_Parnassus

I think your hopes will be dashed. The polarisation will get worse before it gets better. It's because the woke brigade won't even consider the possibility they are wrong. That's why they feel so justified in trying to shout over and shout down those who disagree with them.

I had hoped my son would go to Uni, not any more. I'd rather he turned out to be a well balanced and reasonable, hard working person rather than some vacuous, opinionated twerp whose opinions aren't even really his own but those of some twisted, bitter Uni lecturer.

My hope is that there are some decent apprenticeships around when he's 16. He can leave school and live in the real world. I'd far prefer he ended up being a plumber that doing s a pointless art degree....or media studies.

We need more plumbers, we don't need more brainless woke people incapable of critical thinking.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Wonderful Woman on 18:34 - Nov 21 with 401 viewsFieryJack

Wonderful Woman on 11:51 - Nov 21 by Lohengrin

Sounds like a top lass to me, Loh.

She has my deepest sympathy, though, having to put up with such a reactionary old boot of a father 🤣

It's a fair bet, though, that by the time she gets to your age, she'll have actually come round to your way of thinking.

Unfortunately, you'll very likely have expired in the meantime 👍
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024