Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
It’s no embarrassment, just a learning curve for Cooper and our young players. 11:30 - Feb 11 with 753 viewsSwansIndependent

It’s no embarrassment, just a learning curve for Cooper and our young players. 11th Feb 2021 11:25
Some would say too much respect was paid early on to Manchester City tonight in the FA Cup fifth round tie at the Liberty - as the citizens came and played their usual impressive game. It seems, just like last Friday when Cooper out thought Norwich City that Pep Guardiola did exactly the same in a master class performance. However, the swans were not to be denied a bit of glory. 0

Click above for the latest views on the Man City FA Cup tie
Click below and sub to us on Twitter 👍

This post has been edited by an administrator
It’s no embarrassment, just a learning curve for Cooper and our young players. on 11:33 - Feb 11 with 743 viewsKeithHaynes

Sometimes it is best to take a time out to reflect, credit to Cooper he looked a little dishevelled in his post match chat. All round, no shame in this result.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

It’s no embarrassment, just a learning curve for Cooper and our young players. on 12:09 - Feb 11 with 676 viewscontroversial_jack

It was a training session for Man City
It’s no embarrassment, just a learning curve for Cooper and our young players. on 12:10 - Feb 11 with 672 viewsKeithHaynes

It’s no embarrassment, just a learning curve for Cooper and our young players. on 12:09 - Feb 11 by controversial_jack

It was a training session for Man City

Massive gap between the sides at times last night.
Positives though are the fact the side didn’t collapse and kept on scrapping.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

It’s no embarrassment, just a learning curve for Cooper and our young players. on 12:24 - Feb 11 with 653 viewsBadlands

TBH a couple of howlers / lapses in concentration from Latibeaudiere and Guerhi that led to 2 goals our rehashed starting 11 did OK.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

It’s no embarrassment, just a learning curve for Cooper and our young players. on 12:48 - Feb 11 with 622 viewsonehunglow

Brentford winning again was far worse

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

It’s no embarrassment, just a learning curve for Cooper and our young players. on 13:35 - Feb 11 with 587 viewsnantywatcher

How does Connor Roberts get away with no criticism? His positioning for the 2nd goal was diabolical, he gifted the goal to Man City n a silver platter.

I think we would have been competitive with any Premier team outside of the top 4.
It’s no embarrassment, just a learning curve for Cooper and our young players. on 13:52 - Feb 11 with 570 viewsReslovenSwan1

Swansea s passing quality is not up to standard when playing Manchester city with their press. There is no reason why passing accuracy cannot improve with coaching as we saw under Potter. Swansea can pass as well as Man city out of tight areas. History has shown this.

Cooper is developing his coaching skills and potentially has some in house experts that saw Martinez, Brendan, Laudrup and Potter coaching to improve pass acuraccy. Leon Britton saw it all and Routledge later. They should be brought into the coaching set up specifically to improve passing. Cooper should accept input from Swanseas heritage. If Swansea want Premier league aspirations then the passing must improve. Parking the bus is not sustainable.

Wise sage since Toshack era

It’s no embarrassment, just a learning curve for Cooper and our young players. on 21:41 - Feb 11 with 480 viewsjackrabbit

It’s no embarrassment, just a learning curve for Cooper and our young players. on 13:52 - Feb 11 by ReslovenSwan1

Swansea s passing quality is not up to standard when playing Manchester city with their press. There is no reason why passing accuracy cannot improve with coaching as we saw under Potter. Swansea can pass as well as Man city out of tight areas. History has shown this.

Cooper is developing his coaching skills and potentially has some in house experts that saw Martinez, Brendan, Laudrup and Potter coaching to improve pass acuraccy. Leon Britton saw it all and Routledge later. They should be brought into the coaching set up specifically to improve passing. Cooper should accept input from Swanseas heritage. If Swansea want Premier league aspirations then the passing must improve. Parking the bus is not sustainable.

Hear! Hear!
Login to get fewer ads

It’s no embarrassment, just a learning curve for Cooper and our young players. on 21:44 - Feb 11 with 475 viewsDr_Winston

It’s no embarrassment, just a learning curve for Cooper and our young players. on 13:35 - Feb 11 by nantywatcher

How does Connor Roberts get away with no criticism? His positioning for the 2nd goal was diabolical, he gifted the goal to Man City n a silver platter.

I think we would have been competitive with any Premier team outside of the top 4.

Yeah.

He's come on in leaps and bounds this season but God only knows what he went charging off after for their second.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

It’s no embarrassment, just a learning curve for Cooper and our young players. on 07:42 - Feb 12 with 401 views34dfgdf54

It’s no embarrassment, just a learning curve for Cooper and our young players. on 13:35 - Feb 11 by nantywatcher

He thought Grimes had won the ball and bombed forward to try and support an attack, I thought Grimes was weak with that one, which isn't like him but everyone makes a mistake.

It's a no win position wing back, can't be two places at once.
It’s no embarrassment, just a learning curve for Cooper and our young players. on 12:21 - Feb 12 with 355 viewsCatullus

Whatever I may think about that game I reckon most of us would have thought a 3-1 loss not a bad result all things considered.
We gave them too much respect and dropped too deep in my opinion but I never expected a win, a scrapping draw maybe so we just need to learn our lessons, look at the standards at the top of the EPL and how high we need to aim to be succesful and then move on.

The game on Saturday is far more important because it's the next game and we need 3 points to keep up in the top 3.

All we can ask of Coops and the players is that when lessons are given out, we learn from them. No point in crying over something we all expected to happen.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024