Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Vetch Field 09:41 - Apr 16 with 821 viewsbritferry

Noticed last night, another piece of the old lady has gone. The last section of the North Banks rear wall and gate has been knocked down.

I would like to know why?

Poll: Which kid would you give money to?

Vetch Field on 09:57 - Apr 16 with 781 viewsBoundy

Council land so probably its easier to knock down/remove than to ensure they don't fall on some one, ( As was the case of Slip Bridge ).

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Vetch Field on 12:27 - Apr 16 with 711 viewsReslovenSwan1

Extraodinary it has not been fully redeveloped years ago with that prime city centre location.

Wise sage since Toshack era

Vetch Field on 12:38 - Apr 16 with 700 viewsvetchonian

Vetch Field on 12:27 - Apr 16 by ReslovenSwan1

Extraodinary it has not been fully redeveloped years ago with that prime city centre location.

I think there is some caveat that tghe land has to be used for recreational/community use and has to have "open space"
I always suspected the council would have built a new leisure centre there and freed up the exisitng site of LC2 for development especially when the leisure centre was first closed down

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Vetch Field on 13:59 - Apr 16 with 661 viewsKeithHaynes

Vetch Field on 12:27 - Apr 16 by ReslovenSwan1

It would be boarded up by now.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Vetch Field on 18:09 - Apr 16 with 547 viewsonehunglow

Swansea for for all the years I can remember destroyed anything of any interest in the city and certainly anything of architectural interest .
Shortsightedness and party squabbling together with corruption has killed the place

We talking people who ripped up the Mumbles Railway,destroyed the Plaza and allow the Albert Hall to simply rot and turn Brynmill into a student ghetto.
It is urban rape of a fair town.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Vetch Field on 19:00 - Apr 16 with 530 viewsNortbankboy

Shame they should kept that and the gates.
It's where we used climb over when we were kids
Vetch Field on 19:20 - Apr 16 with 513 viewsTenbySwan

They should have listed something as a momento.

They have listed a lot worse.
Vetch Field on 20:37 - Apr 16 with 456 viewsangryjack

Vetch Field on 18:09 - Apr 16 by onehunglow

Swansea for for all the years I can remember destroyed anything of any interest in the city and certainly anything of architectural interest .
Shortsightedness and party squabbling together with corruption has killed the place

We talking people who ripped up the Mumbles Railway,destroyed the Plaza and allow the Albert Hall to simply rot and turn Brynmill into a student ghetto.
It is urban rape of a fair town.

The labour council are a joke in Swansea...need them out but never happen..
Login to get fewer ads

Vetch Field on 22:32 - Apr 16 with 389 viewsCatullus

Vetch Field on 20:37 - Apr 16 by angryjack

The labour council are a joke in Swansea...need them out but never happen..

I think the current mob deserve a chance, lets see what the finished job looks like.

Wasn't it the Nazi's who started the destruction of Swansea, our biggest problem was piecemeal thinking when we rebuilt. Some places did much better, Swansea had no vision, no joined up thinking and that has been true right up until this current council.
Jury is still out on them but I hope they get this redevelopment right.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024