Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hourihane 09:51 - May 18 with 1679 viewsdna

From Barnsley forum -

"Who was that impostor and what has he done with the real Conor Hourihane?"

"I thought Conor kept giving us breaks, especially towards the end. Loves us really"

"On tonight's showing he probably wouldn't get in our side at this level, never mind in the Premier League. Maybe Swansea just aren't using him properly, because he looked a shadow of the player that left us in 2017"

"Agent Hourihane seemed still to be playing for us."
Hourihane on 10:42 - May 18 with 1590 viewsCatullus

It's been said often enough on here. Hourihane is coasting. He's not interested in hard work or getting involved in a fight, he's not putting effort in and last night kept punting the ball aimlessly up the pitch which put us under pressure. I still don't know why Cooper left him on when he was causing us harm.

Assuming we get through, Hourihane will be even more of a liability because both the other teams are better than Barnsley. If we keep throwing the ball away they will exploit the space Hourihane leaves in midfield and they WILL punish us. The Wembley pitch is bigger too, we need EVERY player to be working hard, 100% will be needed from all of them.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Hourihane on 10:49 - May 18 with 1580 viewsjack247

Hourihane on 10:42 - May 18 by Catullus

It's been said often enough on here. Hourihane is coasting. He's not interested in hard work or getting involved in a fight, he's not putting effort in and last night kept punting the ball aimlessly up the pitch which put us under pressure. I still don't know why Cooper left him on when he was causing us harm.

Assuming we get through, Hourihane will be even more of a liability because both the other teams are better than Barnsley. If we keep throwing the ball away they will exploit the space Hourihane leaves in midfield and they WILL punish us. The Wembley pitch is bigger too, we need EVERY player to be working hard, 100% will be needed from all of them.

I thought he stood out even more last night. Gutsy team performance, particularly late on when we were hanging on. Everyone else dialled in and comitted. Hourihane just doesn’t seem to want to put himself on the line. There must be a reason Cooper keeps picking him, normally you can see the logic in selections even if you don’t agree with them.I just don’t get this one.
Hourihane on 11:02 - May 18 with 1556 views34dfgdf54

Not sure if anyone else noticed but there was one time second hall, ball went in the air, he had no one around him but flinched completely and spooned what should have been an easy header.

He's not the battling type player, that's fine, not all are, what I can't understand is why he wasn't taken off when it become clear what type of game it was going to be?

He may actually suit playing against the likes of Brentford and Bournemouth.
Hourihane on 11:07 - May 18 with 1552 viewsCatullus

Hourihane on 11:02 - May 18 by 34dfgdf54

Not sure if anyone else noticed but there was one time second hall, ball went in the air, he had no one around him but flinched completely and spooned what should have been an easy header.

He's not the battling type player, that's fine, not all are, what I can't understand is why he wasn't taken off when it become clear what type of game it was going to be?

He may actually suit playing against the likes of Brentford and Bournemouth.

Brentford are battlers too though, Toney, Mbeumo, Fosu, DaSilva, Henry, Pinnock, Forss, all decent players who aren't scared to get stuck in.

Bournemouth, can you see Hourihane up against Billings?

Honest question, did Cooper outthink Ismail last night or in the end was it Barnsleys lack of quality in the final third combined with a great performance by Woody that saw us through?

Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?

Hourihane on 11:28 - May 18 with 1519 viewsandypitt56

Maybe I was the only one who noticed him bust a gut and be the first Swansea player other than Naughton in the box when Barnsley countered from one of our corners. He took the corner...
Hourihane on 11:28 - May 18 with 1519 viewsjack247

Hourihane on 11:07 - May 18 by Catullus

Brentford are battlers too though, Toney, Mbeumo, Fosu, DaSilva, Henry, Pinnock, Forss, all decent players who aren't scared to get stuck in.

Bournemouth, can you see Hourihane up against Billings?

Honest question, did Cooper outthink Ismail last night or in the end was it Barnsleys lack of quality in the final third combined with a great performance by Woody that saw us through?

Bit of both. The tactic of letting teams come at us, which Cooper often uses when we’re winning, is actually quite effective against their aggressive high press.

I haven’t seen much of Barnsley, but what I have lately, they rely on forcing mistakes from defenders and turning over possession in broken play when it’s maybe 3 against 3 and players are out of position. By barely even trying to play out from the back, we negated that quite well and they weren’t so clever trying to break down a structured defensive setup.

That’s not to say we didn’t ride our luck or we didn’t need a great performance from Woodman to keep them out.
Hourihane on 12:02 - May 18 with 1479 viewsKeithHaynes

Hourihane on 11:28 - May 18 by andypitt56

Maybe I was the only one who noticed him bust a gut and be the first Swansea player other than Naughton in the box when Barnsley countered from one of our corners. He took the corner...

It’s very sad that you remember it, it shouldn’t be a one or two off.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Hourihane on 13:27 - May 18 with 1371 viewsandypitt56

Hourihane on 12:02 - May 18 by KeithHaynes

It’s very sad that you remember it, it shouldn’t be a one or two off.

Wasn't sad, I was just taking an interest on what he was doing because of all the pelters he gets. Did you notice that there was two Barnsley players onto him as soon as he got the ball. Hard to influence a game when you are marked out of it.
Login to get fewer ads

Hourihane on 13:30 - May 18 with 1363 viewsKeithHaynes

Hourihane on 13:27 - May 18 by andypitt56

Wasn't sad, I was just taking an interest on what he was doing because of all the pelters he gets. Did you notice that there was two Barnsley players onto him as soon as he got the ball. Hard to influence a game when you are marked out of it.

I’m not a huge fan of his work ethic, his commitment too, I've no doubt if picked again on Saturday Cooper or Hourihane will have worked it out a bit better. He just doesn’t seem to fit our system.
I just want more from him. He is quality that’s the frustration.

Hourihane on 13:31 - May 18 with 1354 viewsonehunglow

Hourihane on 13:27 - May 18 by andypitt56

It is impossible to defend him and he he shouldn't.This is our club not hi and he can and looked like he was capable of ingle handedly losing the game for us.

He could be a true achilles heel for us especially when we are facing an onslaught.
Better to defend and stand by young Cabango facing a real awkward feisty monster.The kid is 20 yet some hammer him as he cant play out from the back.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Hourihane on 13:37 - May 18 with 1348 views34dfgdf54

Hourihane on 13:30 - May 18 by KeithHaynes

I’m not a huge fan of his work ethic, his commitment too, I've no doubt if picked again on Saturday Cooper or Hourihane will have worked it out a bit better. He just doesn’t seem to fit our system.
I just want more from him. He is quality that’s the frustration.

The last sentence, that's the killer.

He just doesnt' seem to have the stomach for the fight, he's gotta show something.
Hourihane on 13:48 - May 18 with 1330 viewsjack247

Hourihane on 13:31 - May 18 by onehunglow

It is impossible to defend him and he he shouldn't.This is our club not hi and he can and looked like he was capable of ingle handedly losing the game for us.

He could be a true achilles heel for us especially when we are facing an onslaught.
Better to defend and stand by young Cabango facing a real awkward feisty monster.The kid is 20 yet some hammer him as he cant play out from the back.

There’s a difference between hammering Cabango and pointing that out. In a back 3, if he’s not in the middle, he needs to improve in possession substantially. He also struggles positionally when he needs to cover Roberts going up field.

In a back 4, particularly up against someone like Dike (or Toney if that pans out) he’s a beast.

Very few, if any, hammer him when he’s playing as an orthodox centre back. Gets caught out of position occasionally, but overall he’s superb.
Hourihane on 13:49 - May 18 with 1320 viewsonehunglow

Hourihane on 13:48 - May 18 by jack247

There’s a difference between hammering Cabango and pointing that out. In a back 3, if he’s not in the middle, he needs to improve in possession substantially. He also struggles positionally when he needs to cover Roberts going up field.

In a back 4, particularly up against someone like Dike (or Toney if that pans out) he’s a beast.

Very few, if any, hammer him when he’s playing as an orthodox centre back. Gets caught out of position occasionally, but overall he’s superb.

Few but some nevertheless.
And it wasn't very respectful either.

Hourihane on 14:42 - May 18 with 1273 viewsjack247

Hourihane on 13:49 - May 18 by onehunglow

Few but some nevertheless.
And it wasn't very respectful either.

The irony in that second sentence....
Hourihane on 14:59 - May 18 with 1238 viewsKeithHaynes

Hourihane on 13:48 - May 18 by jack247

Another academy product with a huge future.,

Hourihane on 15:15 - May 18 with 1216 viewsjack247

Hourihane on 14:59 - May 18 by KeithHaynes

100%. Already a big player for us.
Hourihane on 15:43 - May 18 with 1190 viewsLuther27

Definitely. You have to take into consideration his age. He has years to develop before he hits his peak. Last night he made a couple of errors but I really enjoyed a good old fashioned battle between a Center half and a Center forward.
Hourihane on 15:47 - May 18 with 1183 viewsNotLoyal

And stolen from under the noses of those lot down the road too 😂

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Hourihane on 16:19 - May 18 with 1145 viewsKilkennyjack

Yes exactly the sort of local talent we should be working hard with.

I thought he had a stand out game yesterday.

Beware of the Risen People

Hourihane on 16:49 - May 18 with 1122 viewsonehunglow

Hourihane on 14:42 - May 18 by jack247

The irony in that second sentence....

And the truth in the first .
Playtidy.
It’s opinion.

Hourihane on 18:46 - May 18 with 1044 viewsOldjack

Hourihane on 10:42 - May 18 by Catullus

what really annoyed me was, they all were guilty of just aimlessly punting it upfield, especially in the last 30 mins ,why the panic ,sort this serious flaw out and play football not hoofball Cooper ffs mun there's no need for it whatsoever

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Hourihane on 19:08 - May 18 with 1008 viewsKeithHaynes

Hourihane on 16:19 - May 18 by Kilkennyjack

Yes exactly the sort of local talent we should be working hard with.

I thought he had a stand out game yesterday.

Like you when I see welsh players who have come through our welsh academy system, and it’s growing, my word do I feel happy.

Hourihane on 19:51 - May 18 with 956 viewsjack247

Hourihane on 18:46 - May 18 by Oldjack

what really annoyed me was, they all were guilty of just aimlessly punting it upfield, especially in the last 30 mins ,why the panic ,sort this serious flaw out and play football not hoofball Cooper ffs mun there's no need for it whatsoever

I don’t like it either, but it’s a tactic Cooper uses and generally it works.

There’s a reason why we’ve conceded substantially more last minute goals than anyone else, but there’s also a reason we’ve won a lot of games by a single goal, Woodman got the golden gloves and we finished fourth.
Hourihane on 20:45 - May 18 with 865 viewsCatullus

Hourihane on 19:51 - May 18 by jack247

I don’t like it either, but it’s a tactic Cooper uses and generally it works.

There’s a reason why we’ve conceded substantially more last minute goals than anyone else, but there’s also a reason we’ve won a lot of games by a single goal, Woodman got the golden gloves and we finished fourth.

We've maybe conceded those late goals because we punt possession away so often and let the other team come straight back at us?

Earlier in the season we weren't doing it, we kept possession and managed the opposition much better. We let teams get far too many balls into the box now, we used to keep them out of the box.

Woody's clean sheet was mostly down to a great display from him, before Christmas he'd had little to do really. We were very good defensively but now we look more frail.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024