Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Flu Jabs 14:13 - Aug 20 with 1813 viewsonehunglow

We're seeing surgeries sending out invitations to have the Flu jab.
Are the anti vaxers against this jab too.?

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Flu Jabs on 14:23 - Aug 20 with 1225 viewsProfessor

I find it remarkable that people are happy having a vaccine, which until very recently, was made of inactivated virus propagated in fertile hen's eggs-in the chick embryo, with a pretty powerful adjuvant to make it work, are fearful of a synthetic RNA vaccine which is more effective and safer.

Will reply about Preston-may be a 'family' trip
Flu Jabs on 14:26 - Aug 20 with 1220 viewsProfessor

Flu Jabs on 14:23 - Aug 20 by Professor

I find it remarkable that people are happy having a vaccine, which until very recently, was made of inactivated virus propagated in fertile hen's eggs-in the chick embryo, with a pretty powerful adjuvant to make it work, are fearful of a synthetic RNA vaccine which is more effective and safer.

I should add -many flu vaccines are still made this way-last couple of years I have had the variant made in cells.

One of the big production sites is in Liverpool (Speke)-Sequiris-who make both cell and egg-based vaccines there.

If you get asked about egg/chicken allergy it's the egg one you get.
[Post edited 20 Aug 2021 14:27]
Flu Jabs on 14:27 - Aug 20 with 1219 viewsonehunglow

Ok Paul.
No prob. Im quite comfortable in my own company and don't mind driving there,eating a healthy sarnie in the car,a bottle of chilled Perrier and an apricot before strolling to the game to watch the fayre on show.
Normally,as you know,I distribute sherbet dabs to fellow Jacks but since being chucked into the forum wilderness I have nobody now to give them to so I'll farkn gobble them all myself.

Flu Jabs on 14:29 - Aug 20 with 1209 viewsonehunglow

Flu Jabs on 14:26 - Aug 20 by Professor

I should add -many flu vaccines are still made this way-last couple of years I have had the variant made in cells.

One of the big production sites is in Liverpool (Speke)-Sequiris-who make both cell and egg-based vaccines there.

If you get asked about egg/chicken allergy it's the egg one you get.
[Post edited 20 Aug 2021 14:27]

Thanks,I think.

Ive not had any flu for a good 20 years

Flu Jabs on 14:39 - Aug 20 with 1198 viewsProfessor

Flu Jabs on 14:27 - Aug 20 by onehunglow

Ok Paul.
No prob. Im quite comfortable in my own company and don't mind driving there,eating a healthy sarnie in the car,a bottle of chilled Perrier and an apricot before strolling to the game to watch the fayre on show.
Normally,as you know,I distribute sherbet dabs to fellow Jacks but since being chucked into the forum wilderness I have nobody now to give them to so I'll farkn gobble them all myself.

The Preston "Butter Pie" is calling my semi-vegetarian and normal incredibly health conscious daughter. She is currently strolling around Mumbles, whilst I am trying and failing to get much work done.
Flu Jabs on 14:45 - Aug 20 with 1192 viewsonehunglow

Flu Jabs on 14:39 - Aug 20 by Professor

The Preston "Butter Pie" is calling my semi-vegetarian and normal incredibly health conscious daughter. She is currently strolling around Mumbles, whilst I am trying and failing to get much work done.

Butter pie.Crikey!.
Didn't she go to Keele for that midwifery course?

Flu Jabs on 14:49 - Aug 20 with 1188 viewsProfessor

Flu Jabs on 14:45 - Aug 20 by onehunglow

Butter pie.Crikey!.
Didn't she go to Keele for that midwifery course?

Next month-been working for a year. Doing Children's Nursing now. Went down in the week to sort out her accommodation. Eye wateringly expensive
Flu Jabs on 16:01 - Aug 20 with 1137 viewsKeithHaynes

Flu Jabs on 14:27 - Aug 20 by onehunglow

Ok Paul.

I would imagine you are more included now than before.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Login to get fewer ads

Flu Jabs on 16:39 - Aug 20 with 1096 viewsA_Fans_Dad

"are fearful of a synthetic RNA vaccine which is more effective and safer. "
Safer?
Really, I don't remember reading about thousands of associated deaths and very serious Adverse Events for any of the latest Flu vaccines, although I know there were some Adverse Events.
I thought the last one of concern was the US Swine Flu vaccine programme back in the 1970s.

As the Clinical Trials were no where as complete or as long as for Flu Vaccines how could you possibly know they are safer?

The Monkey trial for AZ lasted precisely 7 days, hardly long enough to establish anything other than effectiveness against COVID and it even failed at that with, if I remember correctly, 2 or 3 monkeys getting infected.

Do you have a special vaccine producer's crystal ball perhaps?
Flu Jabs on 16:47 - Aug 20 with 1098 viewsProfessor

Flu Jabs on 16:39 - Aug 20 by A_Fans_Dad

"are fearful of a synthetic RNA vaccine which is more effective and safer. "
Safer?
Really, I don't remember reading about thousands of associated deaths and very serious Adverse Events for any of the latest Flu vaccines, although I know there were some Adverse Events.
I thought the last one of concern was the US Swine Flu vaccine programme back in the 1970s.

As the Clinical Trials were no where as complete or as long as for Flu Vaccines how could you possibly know they are safer?

The Monkey trial for AZ lasted precisely 7 days, hardly long enough to establish anything other than effectiveness against COVID and it even failed at that with, if I remember correctly, 2 or 3 monkeys getting infected.

Do you have a special vaccine producer's crystal ball perhaps?

And either are there for these vaccines-stop peddling misinformation. Again.
Flu Jabs on 17:15 - Aug 20 with 1089 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Coronavirus vaccines are reported to have saved nearly 100,000 deaths in England alone . Add in another 15,000 to 20,000 for Wales , Scotland and NI that us roughly 115,000 lives saved.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Flu Jabs on 17:30 - Aug 20 with 1085 viewshobo

Flu Jabs on 17:15 - Aug 20 by felixstowe_jack

Coronavirus vaccines are reported to have saved nearly 100,000 deaths in England alone . Add in another 15,000 to 20,000 for Wales , Scotland and NI that us roughly 115,000 lives saved.

According to the sage modelers?
Flu Jabs on 17:37 - Aug 20 with 1081 viewsonehunglow

Flu Jabs on 16:01 - Aug 20 by KeithHaynes

I would imagine you are more included now than before.

That's lovely to say but so far from the truth.
I have been refused permission to park at a location which is available to other Jacks;thi becaue I am seen as vile Tory scum. I kid you not.

I shall take any questions from any fan there who have the balls to face me directly.

Flu Jabs on 18:34 - Aug 20 with 1067 viewsProfessor

Flu Jabs on 17:30 - Aug 20 by hobo

According to the sage modelers?

Nothing to do with SAGE. PHE
Flu Jabs on 19:25 - Aug 20 with 1042 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Flu Jabs on 16:47 - Aug 20 by Professor

And either are there for these vaccines-stop peddling misinformation. Again.

So you deny the US VAERS and EUdraVigilance databases data then.
OK.

Do you also deny the AZ Clinical Study results?
Flu Jabs on 20:36 - Aug 20 with 1020 viewsonehunglow

Im not sure some believe what Joseph Lister came up with.
Antiseptic? Tosh innit.

Anaesthetic is dangerous too but nobody on here ,even,Ron stump ,would go without this.

Flu Jabs on 00:08 - Aug 21 with 972 viewscontroversial_jack

It states on here that of the deaths of over 50s, 61% had both does. if so this is worrying as it's not protecting those who need it most

https://uk.yahoo.com/news/chris-whitty-warns-very-sick-122939043.html
Flu Jabs on 10:33 - Aug 21 with 923 viewsProfessor

Flu Jabs on 00:08 - Aug 21 by controversial_jack

It states on here that of the deaths of over 50s, 61% had both does. if so this is worrying as it's not protecting those who need it most

https://uk.yahoo.com/news/chris-whitty-warns-very-sick-122939043.html

Which means 40% of deaths are in unvaccinated. As only under 10% of over-50s are not, that should be 10% if the vaccine is not effective. It roughly equates to around a six times greater chance of dying if not vaccinated. If we assume 90% the ratio is 0.67 to 4. If the vaccinated and unvaccinated population were identical, then for every vaccinated death there would be 5.97 unvaccinated deaths.
Flu Jabs on 10:40 - Aug 21 with 916 viewscontroversial_jack

Flu Jabs on 10:33 - Aug 21 by Professor

Which means 40% of deaths are in unvaccinated. As only under 10% of over-50s are not, that should be 10% if the vaccine is not effective. It roughly equates to around a six times greater chance of dying if not vaccinated. If we assume 90% the ratio is 0.67 to 4. If the vaccinated and unvaccinated population were identical, then for every vaccinated death there would be 5.97 unvaccinated deaths.

No, it's 30%, 9% have had one dose. It doesn't give the figures for older ppl, 50 isn't really that old. What about over 80s or even older, surely the vaccine is less effective again.These are the people who need to be protected the most
Flu Jabs on 10:47 - Aug 21 with 914 viewsmajorraglan

Flu Jabs on 10:40 - Aug 21 by controversial_jack

No, it's 30%, 9% have had one dose. It doesn't give the figures for older ppl, 50 isn't really that old. What about over 80s or even older, surely the vaccine is less effective again.These are the people who need to be protected the most

The vaccine is effective and offers protection, but we also have to take in to account some of those who’ve been vaccinated and lost their lives would have very significant underlying health issues.

The Delta variant has seen an increasing number of younger, healthier unvaccinated patients being admitted to hospitals for medical interventions and given treatments such as CPAP and ventilation.
Flu Jabs on 11:00 - Aug 21 with 911 viewscontroversial_jack

Flu Jabs on 10:47 - Aug 21 by majorraglan

The vaccine is effective and offers protection, but we also have to take in to account some of those who’ve been vaccinated and lost their lives would have very significant underlying health issues.

The Delta variant has seen an increasing number of younger, healthier unvaccinated patients being admitted to hospitals for medical interventions and given treatments such as CPAP and ventilation.

Yes, but my point is, it's not giving older or vulnerable protection they need. these are the ones who need it the most
Flu Jabs on 13:25 - Aug 21 with 881 viewsProfessor

Flu Jabs on 11:00 - Aug 21 by controversial_jack

Yes, but my point is, it's not giving older or vulnerable protection they need. these are the ones who need it the most

It gives the most vulnerable a lot of protection. It will give younger people more,
as immune function Already starts to decline at 30+. It’s six times the level of protection over not being vaccinated . The bar is 50% protection for a vaccine to be considered effective against disease. It’s well over that. No vaccine is completely protective
Flu Jabs on 13:34 - Aug 21 with 865 viewsonehunglow

Flu Jabs on 13:25 - Aug 21 by Professor

It gives the most vulnerable a lot of protection. It will give younger people more,
as immune function Already starts to decline at 30+. It’s six times the level of protection over not being vaccinated . The bar is 50% protection for a vaccine to be considered effective against disease. It’s well over that. No vaccine is completely protective

Surely a little protection is better than none at all.

We are nowhere near as smart as we like to think we are and for that reason alone I'll take advice from those more knowledgable than me,at least more than internet experts of absolute zero

Flu Jabs on 15:21 - Aug 21 with 831 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Well you have changed your tune since we discussed the difference between Vaccination and Medication.
Then you were talking about the only way to stop the pandemic was via vaccination.
Now you are only talking about protection.
What happened to stopping the pandemic, how long is it going to take?

Even the government "experts" are now talking about having to living with COVID because the current vaccines are leaky.
Flu Jabs on 16:01 - Aug 21 with 812 viewscontroversial_jack

50% is poor as far as i'm concerned. Ok if you are the one that is protected, but not for the other, Not a lot of comfort for those over 80 or even older.The vaccine has been good, but adequate at best and not as good as we were told it would be
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024