Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Today is about progression for Swansea City at Derby, success will come much lat 10:30 - Oct 2 with 536 viewsSwansIndependent

Today is about progression for Swansea City at Derby, success will come much later 2nd Oct 2021 10:30
Once again well in excess of 1,000 Swansea City supporters will cover hundreds of miles to support their team today. As they did at Fulham on Wednesday the Jack Army will as ever shout their support for their team in a high profile Championship fixture. 0

Saturday round up.

This post has been edited by an administrator
Today is about progression for Swansea City at Derby, success will come much lat on 11:19 - Oct 2 with 468 viewsonehunglow

Who says so?
What evidence is there?

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Today is about progression for Swansea City at Derby, success will come much lat on 11:26 - Oct 2 with 457 viewsKeithHaynes

Today is about progression for Swansea City at Derby, success will come much lat on 11:19 - Oct 2 by onehunglow

Who says so?
What evidence is there?

Russell Martin does for a start. And I agree.

Did you read this from Gruff ?

What should Swansea City fans do if Russell Martin’s results continue ? 2nd Oct 2021 08:00
It’s starting to become a bit of a discussion point, and for me it’s getting to be too much of a discussion point. The Preston North End game was around the time I started to get slightly concerned, and Wednesdays loss at Fulham even more so. But I’m resilient, or I would like to think I am. 0

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Today is about progression for Swansea City at Derby, success will come much lat on 11:28 - Oct 2 with 439 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Love it.
Getting the excuses in early.
Shows a total lack of confidence in his current players and tactics.

If he knows it is not likely to work then don't do it.
Today is about progression for Swansea City at Derby, success will come much lat on 11:35 - Oct 2 with 428 viewsonehunglow

Today is about progression for Swansea City at Derby, success will come much lat on 11:26 - Oct 2 by KeithHaynes

Russell Martin does for a start. And I agree.

Did you read this from Gruff ?

What should Swansea City fans do if Russell Martin’s results continue ? 2nd Oct 2021 08:00
It’s starting to become a bit of a discussion point, and for me it’s getting to be too much of a discussion point. The Preston North End game was around the time I started to get slightly concerned, and Wednesdays loss at Fulham even more so. But I’m resilient, or I would like to think I am. 0

I dont.
Progression form what exactly. The converse is true.

He has no evidence as to why we should be taken in by this mindless ,relentless drivel.

If we dont wise up soon,we are screwed.

Im hoping to be proven wrong and today I hope I face a torrent of abuse on here.

Hope .

Today is about progression for Swansea City at Derby, success will come much lat on 12:03 - Oct 2 with 390 viewsDr_Parnassus

I still don’t understand why we can’t progress and pick up an acceptable number of points simultaneously.

It never has been one or the other with us, so not sure the argument for why it must be the case now? We have spent millions this season, there isn’t any reason that we should be languishing at the bottom end of the table.

Reasons why we can’t be at the total peak of our game maybe, but I’m sure all (or indeed very many) clubs have certain mitigating reasoning for that too.

Someone tried to back me into a corner regarding my praise for Cooper saying “do you think he should be picking up results quickly”, expecting maybe I would say no.

I said yes without much hesitation. No reason why not, despite him not having a pre season, despite him taking over a club bottom of the league and despite changing their whole style, despite them spending zero this season. They could well leapfrog us today.

We have spent the third highest amount in the league this year. Martin has been in charge coming up to his second international break. We are approaching the quarter of a season mark in this next game (23.91% for the pedantic), we should be able to put some acceptable results on the board now.
[Post edited 2 Oct 2021 12:06]

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

Today is about progression for Swansea City at Derby, success will come much lat on 12:46 - Oct 2 with 354 viewsThornburyswan

Today is about progression for Swansea City at Derby, success will come much lat on 12:03 - Oct 2 by Dr_Parnassus

I still don’t understand why we can’t progress and pick up an acceptable number of points simultaneously.

It never has been one or the other with us, so not sure the argument for why it must be the case now? We have spent millions this season, there isn’t any reason that we should be languishing at the bottom end of the table.

Reasons why we can’t be at the total peak of our game maybe, but I’m sure all (or indeed very many) clubs have certain mitigating reasoning for that too.

Someone tried to back me into a corner regarding my praise for Cooper saying “do you think he should be picking up results quickly”, expecting maybe I would say no.

I said yes without much hesitation. No reason why not, despite him not having a pre season, despite him taking over a club bottom of the league and despite changing their whole style, despite them spending zero this season. They could well leapfrog us today.

We have spent the third highest amount in the league this year. Martin has been in charge coming up to his second international break. We are approaching the quarter of a season mark in this next game (23.91% for the pedantic), we should be able to put some acceptable results on the board now.

Broadly agree - not the Cooper bit as he is history - I suspect there are very few Jacks looking at the top 6, it’s the bottom 6 that is the concern!

RM will not survive a relegation, very few managers do, & whilst I still see it as relatively early in the season we are beginning to move towards the middle third of games and it’s safe to say we need to pick up a fair few more points in that period than we will collect in the first third.

If we lose today then the real derby match will become even more tense.
Today is about progression for Swansea City at Derby, success will come much lat on 12:58 - Oct 2 with 341 viewsCatullus

Today is about progression for Swansea City at Derby, success will come much lat on 12:03 - Oct 2 by Dr_Parnassus

I agree with a lot of that, Dr P may be surprised to know. The Cooper thing is irrelevant because Forest did have a proper pre season and they have a settled squad , it's not a straight comparison, the caretaker manager got a win his first game, Forest have a decent squad, not 9 new players.

That said we have a reasonable squad ourselves and there have been noticeable improvements but there is no reason why we can't pick up results too. I always talk about entertainment but to the majority of fans, results do matter. Where we are this evening does matter and what happns when we play Cardiff WILL DEFINITELY matter..

I can never agree about picking points up quickly, it's never a given, Arsenal and Tottenham being fine examples. Nuno went to Spurs with a pretty good record and he has fallen flat, Arteta has hardly blown the Arsenal faithful away. Maybe they should have chosen Cooper?

Saying we have spent millions, techically true but we've hardly splashed the cash, Fulham spent a lot more on just ONE player than we spent altogether, Fulham still have their Premier league squad too, a better squad than ours I'd say.

I said 10-12 games and the time is coming, many fans will start judging. Martin needs results soon because football is not a patient game.
My concern is, when many of us on here are saying the same things about selection and then you turn on the tv and the pundits are saying the same things, why does Martin persist with himself being right? If square pegs in round holes isn't working, you don't get the lump hammer out and bash away until it does fit. Cabango should never be facing a speedy winger, it seems obvious to many but not to Martin.

I want progression, I still want to give Martin time but he needs to pick up results because the majority of football fans are fickle and can turn at any moment. Some on here had turned before he'd even had 4/5 games.

10 games in and the fitness things shouldn't be an issue now. He said he'd sort the defence out first, work from the back out and it doesn't look like he has sorted that. We keep possession very well most of the time but we need to start scoring more, making more chances, having more runners to help Piroe out.

As much as I want Martin to succeed, there's only so far you can persist with things that aren't working and individual games need individual tactiics and strategies, what worked against Huddersfield doesn't against Fulham and so on. It isn't one size fits all.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Today is about progression for Swansea City at Derby, success will come much lat on 13:31 - Oct 2 with 311 viewsDr_Parnassus

Today is about progression for Swansea City at Derby, success will come much lat on 12:58 - Oct 2 by Catullus

I agree with a lot of that, Dr P may be surprised to know. The Cooper thing is irrelevant because Forest did have a proper pre season and they have a settled squad , it's not a straight comparison, the caretaker manager got a win his first game, Forest have a decent squad, not 9 new players.

That said we have a reasonable squad ourselves and there have been noticeable improvements but there is no reason why we can't pick up results too. I always talk about entertainment but to the majority of fans, results do matter. Where we are this evening does matter and what happns when we play Cardiff WILL DEFINITELY matter..

I can never agree about picking points up quickly, it's never a given, Arsenal and Tottenham being fine examples. Nuno went to Spurs with a pretty good record and he has fallen flat, Arteta has hardly blown the Arsenal faithful away. Maybe they should have chosen Cooper?

Saying we have spent millions, techically true but we've hardly splashed the cash, Fulham spent a lot more on just ONE player than we spent altogether, Fulham still have their Premier league squad too, a better squad than ours I'd say.

I said 10-12 games and the time is coming, many fans will start judging. Martin needs results soon because football is not a patient game.
My concern is, when many of us on here are saying the same things about selection and then you turn on the tv and the pundits are saying the same things, why does Martin persist with himself being right? If square pegs in round holes isn't working, you don't get the lump hammer out and bash away until it does fit. Cabango should never be facing a speedy winger, it seems obvious to many but not to Martin.

I want progression, I still want to give Martin time but he needs to pick up results because the majority of football fans are fickle and can turn at any moment. Some on here had turned before he'd even had 4/5 games.

10 games in and the fitness things shouldn't be an issue now. He said he'd sort the defence out first, work from the back out and it doesn't look like he has sorted that. We keep possession very well most of the time but we need to start scoring more, making more chances, having more runners to help Piroe out.

As much as I want Martin to succeed, there's only so far you can persist with things that aren't working and individual games need individual tactiics and strategies, what worked against Huddersfield doesn't against Fulham and so on. It isn't one size fits all.

I think people need to settle on which excuses are valid and which ones aren’t.

As you say, not buying the fitness thing a quarter of the way into the season. If it was an issue then it should be sorted by now.

In terms of settled squad, there has been 12 personnel changes this season, when Cooper took over there was 23, Potter had 21. 12 is nothing.

Both our previous two managers changed our style, both our previous two managers had upheaval of the squad far greater than this season.

So the only thing left is the pre season thing, which really shouldn’t be an issue going into league game number 11.

He needs results.

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

Login to get fewer ads

Today is about progression for Swansea City at Derby, success will come much lat on 13:51 - Oct 2 with 281 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Coventry showing us how it should have been done against Fulham.
[Post edited 2 Oct 2021 13:51]
Today is about progression for Swansea City at Derby, success will come much lat on 13:57 - Oct 2 with 275 viewsonehunglow

Today is about progression for Swansea City at Derby, success will come much lat on 13:51 - Oct 2 by A_Fans_Dad

Coventry showing us how it should have been done against Fulham.
[Post edited 2 Oct 2021 13:51]

and club that ARE progressing too.

Today is about progression for Swansea City at Derby, success will come much lat on 14:00 - Oct 2 with 263 viewsKeithHaynes

Today is about progression for Swansea City at Derby, success will come much lat on 13:57 - Oct 2 by onehunglow

and club that ARE progressing too.

Taken them a few years to get back.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024